ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer

It's true but why you would have to ask there father he's a hard guy to understand at times. He said it was because of a job change but no one really believes that and getting into West campus is going to be way tougher than he can ever imagine. The sad part is the older daughter Nadia will probably have to miss her senior year. I hope that doesn't happen because she is a great kid. Maybe he won't move her and just transfer the younger daughter, Nia. I hope everything works out for the girls.

Azanna can
It's true but why you would have to ask there father he's a hard guy to understand at times. He said it was because of a job change but no one really believes that and getting into West campus is going to be way tougher than he can ever imagine. The sad part is the older daughter Nadia will probably have to miss her senior year. I hope that doesn't happen because she is a great kid. Maybe he won't move her and just transfer the younger daughter, Nia. I hope everything works out for the girls.
Thank you for the clarification. I don't know them personally but they seem to be great girls. No matter what, I hope Nadia doesn't have to sit her senior year.

Transfers always happen every year. Why should anybody tell a child they can go to school where they want to be? In college players transfer all the time with no issues. Players and parents should have the rights to where they want to go to school with no punishment. The biggest think that stop players from play are AD's won't sign the player off for one reason or another. I taught we live in free world were people can make choice where they want to go to school. But it see this isn't true at all where AD'space and coach want to the dictator and punish kids for freedom of choice.

Let people know I'm just talk in about all schools in general . I know players in different that stuck in a school where they are competing with the coach family relations. I seen from own eyes players that are going to college on a scholarship but had limit playing time. Why make players miserable to go to school they don't want to be at? Parents and children should have the right to transfer where every the want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 Amendment freedom of choice of services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you. Kids should be able to go wherever they wish to go just like private schools unfortunately CIF doesn't agree with you and that's why Courtesy from Sac. High to McClatchy had to sit out and that's why Michaela Sanders, Rio Linda to foothill had to sit out. I didn't agree with that either. I hope it works out for the girls because they are good kids.

Yes they didn't play because the AD's and coaches have a choice to release them or not. That is just plane jealousy of one another or another that the player didn't want to play for those coaches. They would have been punished either way they had a year off instead of playing for Coach that didn't want to play for which would have been a headache for themselves anyway. But think about this way they knew the punishment and transfer away so what is that saying. They were more happy with the punishment then play for that coach.

In the end I always taught school years suppose to be a the best time of your life.

Respect I think you spent a lot of time in high school having fun because your grammar is atrocious

Respect I think you spent a lot of time in high school having fun because your grammar is atrocious

But RespectBBGame is a success regardless to his poor grammar.;) Am I right about that RespectBBGame?

Paytc

Sometime people hate because I speak the truth and other like police thing that can do nothing else. Some people should be happy about transfers and stop hating on others.

Paytc

Sometime people hate because I speak the truth and other like police thing that can do nothing else. Some people should be happy about transfers and stop hating on others.

Hey I don't judge..... and I can read very well between the lines, so I get you. And.........

I totally agree with you, Azanna, and Clay with regard to allowing children to transfer to any school without punishment. It's not right because there are many times a coach and a player may not see eye to eye. Or a coach favors one player or group of players over another. I for one definitely ran into something similar when I was in high school. The coach has the upper hand because if the player(s) don't kiss up to them often times they don't get fair treatment. So the child is stuck being miserable or mistreated at a school that may be a bad fit.

Then there are other reasons outside of basketball that a player may be obligated to transfer. They may find out that academically the school is not a good fit for them. Or a parent may get a job relocation. Why should children be punished? If the new school and new coach has open arms then let them transfer without penalty.

But I guess that is the only way for some to feel important. Some need to wield the power I guess or they wouldn't feel they are living a life of meaning. I guess some love extra rules and extra control. You gotta love the controllers. (smile)

If you can feel good denying children an opportunity to better themselves I guess you must really have low self esteem. So I guess we should feel sorry for miserable folks like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkross22
I think that our society has changed dramatically over the last 10-15 years. In my opinion, we make it too easy on kids and do not hold them accountable. There are a lot more outside influences giving what I believe to be misguided direction to young athletes and their families. "The Grass is greener" is alive and kicking. I would agree that student/athletes should be able to have a choice but that choice needs to have "legs".

Reactions: sachoopcoach
Besides the Johnson sister and Sierra Smith...any other transfers people know of or is it too early since school is not even out yet.

Besides the Johnson sister and Sierra Smith...any other transfers people know of or is it too early since school is not even out yet.

Sierra Smith is transferring? I was not aware of that. Is she going to attend West Campus with the Johnson sisters, Kiara Jefferson, and others?

That may have an effect on both SMS and West Campus if that is correct. Perhaps kkross22 can confirm those allegations.

Sierra Smith is attending Salesian right now, as I understand it. It will be an interesting eligibility decision by NCS ...

Still no one knows for sure about the Johnson sisters transferring? It sounds like it's one of those rumors that won't be confirmed until the girls walk on some campus the first day of school.

Sierra Smith is attending Salesian right now, as I understand it. It will be an interesting eligibility decision by NCS ...

Still no one knows for sure about the Johnson sisters transferring? It sounds like it's one of those rumors that won't be confirmed until the girls walk on some campus the first day of school.

Salesian? They looked like a strong team coming into the season. I think Sierra (with her skill and experience) will be a really good fit for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT