ADVERTISEMENT

University at Stuart Hall on 1/8/19

damim

Sports Fanatic
Nov 10, 2016
Battle of 2 top NCS DV teams tomorrow night. Can University hang with the Hall? We'll see...

Last year University beat the Hall all three times, but in the final game Miles Amos wasn't available due to injury.

I think these two teams are guaranteed to play each other AT LEAST three times, with a potential 4th game for the D5 NCS Championship and maybe a crazy 5th game in CIF, though I think Hall will move up to D4 or D3 for CIF.

Overall I am excited to see these games. I'll be there tonight.

No reception in the Dungeon, but Ill be sure to provide updates whenever I can!

Reactions: jordan24
The Hall is the real deal. Should be a good barometer test for University. Keep us posted if you can. It should be interesting to see if Marin Academy can compete with these 2 at all or if they'll just be blow outs.

Just an advisory. The Stuart Hall gym is extremely small. Will probably be standing room only, so If you want a good seat I suggest showing up at least a half hour before.

Reactions: CityVibesII
Stuart Hall leads 24-14 at the half.

Very sloppy first half, but defense dominated.

3 big blocks by Burris and he leads the team in pts and rebounds at the half.

53-47 final score Hall wins.

Hall lead the entire game but I have to admit it was kinda sloppy. Refs don’t even know what a charge is. A couple missed free throws kept University alive, but in the end Stuart Hall iced the game away at the line.

Like I said previously. Guaranteed these teams will meet 3x with a very good chance they play a 4th game for the D5 NCS title.

Last edited:
Really like Burris. He has tremendous upside. If Burris continues to grow, he could be a major recruit. Both his parents are USF grads.

Stuart Hall won again tonight versus Marin Academy. According to Maxpreps MA is the 2nd ranked team in Division 5 NCS.

Stuart Hall won again tonight versus Marin Academy. According to Maxpreps MA is the 2nd ranked team in Division 5 NCS.
Looks like it was a pretty easy win based on the box score. Should be interesting to see if a team like Bentley, Head Royce, or Clear Lake can give University a run for 2nd in the section. Probably not....

Interesting result Saturday night. It looks like Lick gave Stuart Hall a battle. 57-54 final in favor of SH. I'd be interested in hearing your take Ayalar if you saw it.

Does Lick still have the big kid, Zach Johnson I believe his name was? I remember him as a soph and was impressed. Have not heard anything lately

Johnson is a big lad. He has impressive speed and footwork for a wide body, but a little rough around the edges from a shooting perspective. They gave UHS a tussle as well, but the Stuart Hall score is surprising. Good for Lick. Keeping it interesting.

So regarding the latest Lick game. While the score makes it seem close, Stuart Hall was actually in control most of the game. What kept Lick in it was a 21-8 1st half rebounding difference in favor of Lick.

One thing I noticed about this game is these two teams were very chippy with each other. I think some of them play together in the summers on the same AAU team, but some of the things being said got personal and Johnson was apparently one of the ones getting personal.

I actually always liked Zach Johnson's game. Going through a leg injury like he did, it's great to see him back on the court. That being said, he has lost a step, he isn't nearly as fast as I felt he used to be, and it's hard for him to play his true game, when he has nothing around him to help.

SHHS and University are pretty much locked into the 1-2 seeds in their conference. The 3-4 will be MA and Lick, with MA probably being the 3 and Lick being the 4.

Hall doesn't play again until Jan 23rd, then plays 4 games in a 7 day span with games against Vanden and @University Finishing the week off.

Once you get past SH and Univ in D5 the section bracket should have some fun games. MA, Bentley and Head Royce are all decent small school teams that always compete and are usually well coached. Then you have the wild cards- Hoopa averaging over 72 points a game with a guard averaging 31 pts a game and then Clear Lake who appears to just keep on winning games and looks like they could roll into the section tournament with 22-24 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT