ADVERTISEMENT

Vacaville @ Vanden

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Well this is gonna be an interesting game for the players on both teams as they have played together or against each other during their youth football years.I am really excited because I can not recall Vacaville & Vanden meeting up in recent memory. Growing up in South Vacaville from the early 70's-early 2000's had dear friends play at Vanden while I went to Wood Jr. High & Vaca High. So now they finally meet!

Will Vanden( 4-2) Air it Out on the Mighty Bulldogs? Will they take advantage of Vaca's small offensive line? They want to protect the house and have bragging rights for a year. Vanden' faced NCS Perennial Playoff Power Rancho Cotate but lossed by two touchdowns. Did well against a Christian Brothers Team whom may be rebuilding this year. They did well with Edison-Stockton (on the rise?).

Vacaville' s (2-4) Preseason Schedule has always been strong which keeps them always battling it out for the MEL Crown and preparing them for the playoffs. Usually Vaca has 1 -2 gud Running Backs with a whole bunch of yards. It appears the bye week did well for the Bulldogs as they handled Rodriquez with ease (I stand corrected as I thought the Mustangs wud upset the Bulldogs, was a I wrong in a major way).

My prediction: Vacaville 48 Vanden 28.

Although Calpreps predicts the score to be Vaca 27 Vanden 21

Hope to hear from other Vacaville, Vanden & Wood Followers about this! -TIA!

Last edited:
Last played Vanden in 1980
VANDEN (4-1)
1966 Vacaville 18, Vanden 12
1967 Vanden 31, Vacaville 6
1968 Vacaville 27, Vanden 18
1969 Vacaville 14, Vanden 12
1980 Vacaville 30, Vanden 29

If Vanden wants to stop Vacaville, Blitz the A&B gaps but be careful to maintain the edges or else they have too much speed and can take it the distance. Doesn't appear Vanden has much size either so it could be lights out either way. Vanden will need to pass but the Dogs could have another 4+ interception game.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Buddy of mine played at Vanden and said it's been like 30 years since they last played. He'll be on the sidelines and he said they're pumped for this one, should have been a pick 'em game!

Its a natural geographical rivalry. Would have love to have had that game when I was at VV in the 80's. Bet the energy among the Vanden campus is on fire!!!

Prediction: reality check for Vanden.
quite a way to put it for Vanden. I played against Vanden as a JV. I can remember Vanden tried an onside kick to start the Varsity game and one of the front line players, a lineman, ran it back for a TD.

Its a natural geographical rivalry. Would have love to have had that game when I was at VV in the 80's. Bet the energy among the Vanden campus is on fire!!!

Prediction: reality check for Vanden.
Well said...went to Vaca High from '87-'89 cud not play sports due to past history...a lot of my family attended & graduated all the way from '71-'91 gud times I believe my senior year Vaca tied Rancho Cordova 21-21...
I believe Tracy knocked us out in the 2nd round playoffs before Vaca knocked out Atwater...that's when the they had SJS North & SJS South...Merced was on fire and Davis won it that year...Lincoln-Stockton was really gud then and Fairfield seemed to Master the Wing T with Jim Sykes. most of the teams back then had gud success...my have the times s have changed

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo2019
N3t0tCc.jpg

Hatchball, is that Jarvis Baker #21, whom later went on to become QB for Air Force Academy, Chris Hucks (behind #34), Damien Williams (behind one of the coaches) & Carlton Gray, #22?Is Levon Haynes in that pic too? My cousin Frankie Sedlak went to Vanden.

Last edited:
Hatchball, is that Jarvis Baker, whom later went on to become Air Force Academy), Chris Hucks, Damien Williams & Carlton Gray?Is Levon Haynes in that pic too? My cousin Frankie Sedlak went to Vanden.

A couple of guys in the picture are friends of mine and their teammate tagged them. A couple of the guys you mentioned are tagged, I know they're good friends with Jarvis, so I'm sure the other three are in there somewhere too if they were all on the same team. Here's the original post if you want to see the tagged players -

A couple of guys in the picture are friends of mine and their teammate tagged them. A couple of the guys you mentioned are tagged, I know they're good friends with Jarvis, so I'm sure the other three are in there somewhere too if they were all on the same team. Here's the original post if you want to see the tagged players -
Jarvis Baker #21, lived across the street (Shasta) from me, Chris Hucks & Damien Williams lived around the corner from us at Del Rio Apts. Carolton Gray went to Padan Elementary school. Jarvis, Chirs, Damien & me won the City (Vacaville) Basketball Championship when we all went to Fairmont Elementary School. Gud times thanks for posting the pick of Vanden...I think yall won a SJS DIII in ''85? '86? '87? Talk about a Blast from the Past!
Thnx again for posting the pic...so whom ya got and what is the score you are predicting? Sorry, just had to ask!

Glad you liked the pic, was hoping there were a couple of people reading this thread that might recognize some people. I didn't play for Vanden, I actually met by buddies (Som and Charlie) about 10 years after that photo was taken. I got their backs though so I'm pulling for Vanden, 28-21!

Final Score : Vacaville 55 Vanden 35 A New Begininng for Big Rivalry in the works...what to Name it? The Civil War? What will the Trophy be "The Farmers HAT? "The Farmers Boot?" "The I-80 Trophy?"

Final Score : Vacaville 55 Vanden 35 A New Begininng for Big Rivalry in the works...what to Name it? The Civil War? What will the Trophy be "The Farmers HAT? "The Farmers Boot?" "The I-80 Trophy?"
Call it Terrible Officiating with multiple ejections. Once the Section sees the film Vanden should have multiple suspensions; especially all the players/coaches from Vanden running on the field after a Vacaville TD once a fight started. Absolute worse Officiating I have ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT