ADVERTISEMENT

Very Strange Priorities

I hope I'm not stepping on Nor-Cal Preps toes too much by posting a link to a competitors website, but that's where I found this story.

http://prep2prep.com/feature.aspx?ArticleID=12204
We have some very good Football fields in the area that are almost always full with crowds up 5,000, but in most cases its in the neighborhood of 2,000...I can't see a stadium for high school football in our area like Texas has, due to the fact that the cost is over whelming and the field would sit dormat for months at a time.....But if you have been to Pittsburg, Dougherty Valley, Dublin, Lincoln in Stockton, Clayton valley charter and may more, these fields can handle the crowds we are likely to see and if we have big time clashes, the College fields are on hand in most cases...Bubba3000 brings up a interesting subject for Texas, but not for us as our population is changing and not for the good of Football.

First a big waste of money. I don't care how much money the team brings in. You can still reward that program with perks while helping out the education structure as a whole. That's why the kids are there in the first place.

Texas is known for crowds and it is something that is going downhill in this area. I think social media updates, streaming, other interests have hurt that. How often do people in town just go out to watch the local high school team play even if they don't have a kid on the team? I feel that used to be more common.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT