ADVERTISEMENT

Vonture Tournament Semi-finals

End of first quarter DLS 14 -7 lead. I got winner of Serra v Crespi in championship as neither of these teams look very impressive.

Serra - Crespi pretty evenly matched. Serra leads 10-9 early second. DLS can play with either one of these teams.

Is the transfer from Woodside Priory, bearded 6-9 junior Muti Shuman, playing for Serra?

I left at halftime but no the big transfer wasn't playing yet. Crespi was up 22-12 at half .

Serra couldn't buy a bucket and missed a lot of shots in close and beyond the arc. Cespi was very solid and has a D1 lefty wing and a lot of shooters. I hope the transfer can play because Serra will need him. Crespi has a also played 9 games already according to their record. That was Serra's second. Coach Rapp and crew will get them going as always.

De La- looked very solid. Play two freshman a lot. Have some size with somce 6'6 kids and have shooters as well. And as always they defend.

I say it will be a low scoring affair-De la 48 crespi 41

What's the early take on De La Salle?

And how did LL look? I believe they lost almost everyone from last year’s state finals team including the coach? Do they have any chance against Campo, CP & CVC this year?

Serra couldn't buy a bucket and missed a lot of shots in close and beyond the arc. Cespi was very solid and has a D1 lefty wing and a lot of shooters. I hope the transfer can play because Serra will need him. Crespi has a also played 9 games already according to their record. That was Serra's second. Coach Rapp and crew will get them going as always.

De La- looked very solid. Play two freshman a lot. Have some size with somce 6'6 kids and have shooters as well. And as always they defend.

I say it will be a low scoring affair-De la 48 crespi 41
Is Rees back for the Padres? He and Shuman should make a terrific front court. Appears the Padres have a lot of height this season. Did anyone stand out?

Is Rees back for the Padres? He and Shuman should make a terrific front court. Appears the Padres have a lot of height this season. Did anyone stand out?

Cade looked solid to me - last time that I saw him play pre-injury in AAU he was a beast so my expectations were probably too high. They'll have good size when Shuman becomes eligible, Parker McDonald / Antonio Abeyta are athletic guards who would benefit from a more uptempo offense. Best shot at winning WCAL games is to keep the scores in the 40s / 50s.

DLS has good size / depth in the front court with overall good 3pt shooting from their guards and wings. I think their guard play specifically lack of quickness will be areas that other teams can exploit though.

Las Lomas lost all but two players who contributed last year but they have a decent little squad that will be better when a transfer becomes eligible later this year (don't see them winning against Campo, CVC tho).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT