ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL - Congrats to Serra CCS Open Champions!

Congrats to the Serra Padres in yet again a convincing win over Wilcox for the CCS Open Title! This Padres team is something special to watch. Up next, a game for the CIF Open State against the winner of St. John Bosco or Mater Dei. Wilcox's season is still alive with a rematch of its PAL-Bay foe, Los Gatos, for the CCS D1 crown.

In the CCS D-1 Semi-final, the scrappy Los Gatos Wildcats earn the road win over St. Ignatius. Los Gatos' gutsy playcalling on 2 4th down plays and stingy defense in the second half prove the difference. I continue to come away impressed with LG's RB Boxer Kopcsak-Yeung as he and the LG OLine carved up the bigger SI team. LG kept the SI offense offense off the field for most of the second half preventing another Cardiac 'Cats comeback. Should be a good CCS D-1 title game. I'll take the LG Wildcats in finally securing a CCS D1 title it has missed out the past 2 seasons.

Reactions: Scott2138
Great game between SI and Los Gatos. It literally could've gone either way.

Good luck to them next week in the CCS D1 Championship Game.

SI has had a hell of a run with it 1st year Head Coach Lenny Vandermade. I feel like we're only going to get better as a program.

If someone told me a year ago that we'd be in the D1 semi final this year I would've thought they were high.

That said, I'm excited for the future of St. Ignatius football. 🏈💪🏼

Great game between SI and Los Gatos. It literally could've gone either way.

Good luck to them next week in the CCS D1 Championship Game.

SI has had a hell of a run with it 1st year Head Coach Lenny Vandermade. I feel like we're only going to get better as a program.

If someone told me a year ago that we'd be in the D1 semi final this year I would've thought they were high.I will pick

That said, I'm excited for that the future of St. Ignatius football. 🏈💪🏼
“If I hear It could have gone either way”, one more time from a SI poster. OKAY,..,I will acknowledge that IS their “through line” for this season:lol

Didn’t a certain Pundit say, “The Northern Wildkittens couldn’t handle the Southern Wildcat’s defense”? Some say what they mean & mean what they say,…,

#NotEvenA#tagToShow4Season
#Rwins:KingsOfKezar - (R)unsThisCity
#BeatSI-R;AlumiDay
#NotHardtobethe2ndBestCoachInCity-When3rdBestCoachInCityCantWinAGame
#ImissedItByThatMuch; GetSmarter;lol

🎤….drop;BOOM🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
“If I hear It could have gone either way”, one more time from a SI poster. OKAY,..,I will acknowledge that IS their “through line” for this season:lol

Didn’t a certain Pundit say, “The Northern Wildkittens couldn’t handle the Southern Wildcat’s defense”? Some say what they mean & mean what they say,…,

#NotEvenA#tagToShow4Season
#Rwins:KingsOfKezar - (R)unsThisCity
#BeatSI-R;AlumiDay
#NotHardtobethe2ndBestCoachInCity-When3rdBestCoachInCityCantWinAGame
#ImissedItByThatMuch; GetSmarter;lol

🎤….drop;BOOM🔥🔥🔥
Wow - that post almost made sense - you are improving @SFcityfan

Not counting the COVID Spring season when Serra went 5-0, how many consecutive CCS Open titles has Serra won?

Not counting the COVID Spring season when Serra went 5-0, how many consecutive CCS Open titles has Serra won?
That Is Significant and Historic To NorCal HS Prep Football. Walsh has truly Raised the Profile & Legitimacy Of the WCAL.

Maybe It Is Destiny: Serra HS Football Is the BEST HS PREP Football Program In California

#WalshIsTheStandard: SabinAward👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Well, since this is the first time in a while CCS has had an open division, just this one. I guess they did call the top divisions Open 1, Open 2 and Open 3 for a short period that ending in 2018. The O1 winner that year was Menlo-Atherton, O2 was Valley Christian and O3 was Aptos.

But assuming you mean CCS top division consecutive championships, this year it will be 4.

Reactions: bronzeage
Well, since this is the first time in a while CCS has had an open division, just this one. I guess they did call the top divisions Open 1, Open 2 and Open 3 for a short period that ending in 2018. The O1 winner that year was Menlo-Atherton, O2 was Valley Christian and O3 was Aptos.

But assuming you mean CCS top division consecutive championships, this year it will be 4.
Thank you.

If you go back even further it's 6 of the last 7, and 7 out of 10, quite a run

Reactions: FBAddict
If you go back even further it's 6 of the last 7, and 7 out of 10, quite a run
And if you look at several of the Padre section titles in recent years, they were accomplished with their best player out for the season (or pretty near) with injury. Thinking Mafi, Mahasin, the QB who went to ASU, Ryan Silver.

Now that Serra has overtaken Northern California, here is who I would like them to schedule next pre-season:

1. Corona-Centennial
2. Bixby (OK)
3. East St. Louis (IL)

All national programs and only Centennial is currently ranked higher than them per MaxPreps.

Hell, one of those teams would be sweet.

In truth, 2024 will mark a significant re-set for the Padres. Their 2023 unit is the best in school history. The 2024 team, well, not so much. It will be young and lack the quality depth of the current group. They certainly won't be bad or mediocre. But top-of-the-line on a state or national level? No.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT