ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL FOOTBALL : Omission of WCAL's MVP from NorCal Top 50 list [??]

It was until some turnovers led to Mitty scores. Offense looked good. Defense gave up too many yards but we'll definitely be better next season.
Spin spin spin. You lose the heart of the team Murphy, Sheppard and Ismael to graduation. It doesn't matter how many yards the defense gave up, its the points that count genius. In this case it was 38. Mitty came in looking past the last place team and toward the CCS playoffs but still won.

It will be a cold day in hell before Riordan has a winning record in WCAL league play, and SHP would be one of the top three teams if they were in the WCAL. I think SHP wins easily, 35-14.

SI catches lightning in a bottle every now and then and fields a competitive team, but this isn't one of those years. Marin Catholic 28-10.

I think I saw enough from Serra vs DLS to show they can compete with anyone. If they clean up their first half miscues I think they pull this one out, but just barely. Serra 24, ND 21.

I'm taking St. Francis at home, 28-27, though my gut feeling is that they lose by two scores, 28-17.

Bells just have too much speed and experience this year and Martig can throw it too. Barring an injury to a key skill position, I think Bells run the table this year and make it to the SBG. Del Oro will make a game of it though. Bells 28-24
"It will be a cold day in hell before Riordan has a winning record in WCAL league play".

I thought the sun was shining...hatch, did you really post that? You sound as intelligent as Irish Cheers & Ri Wikipedia. I hope pads & helmets are being turned in on Monday at SHC. I would not want to here the feedback on the season tonight...

Sometimes, it is better to just call it s day and turn the page quickly....

Nice! I love the option of not having to make the trek to City College! Thanks for the link.

When lugging a 2 yr old is good to have that option! Lol hahhaa Im sure I wont have that same luxury for CCS games ;) so I'll be there live again sooner or later lol

I thought the sun was shining...hatch, did you really post that? You sound as intelligent as Irish Cheers & Ri Wikipedia. I hope pads & helmets are being turned in on Monday at SHC. I would not want to here the feedback on the season tonight...

Sometimes, it is better to just call it s day and turn the page quickly....

ReardanGal and Foolbutt, don't worry about SHC...it will all work itself out. I don't think anyone at SHC thinks we don't need improvement. It will be interesting the next few years, let us see how you guys talk when Riordan is down, there will be those years at your school, you can count on it.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
WCAL Football 2015:
This week's projected scores of games:

Projections:
Mitty 34-7 over SHC [Mitty +27]
Bell's 44-6 over SI [Bell's +38]
Riordan 28-27 over SF Riordan +1]
VC 33-31 over Serra [VC +2]

Final Scores In:
Mitty 38-27 [Mitty +11]
Bell's 42-6 [Bell's +36]
SF 36-27 [SF +9]
Serra 42-21 [Serra +21]

Rmbr26's Predict's:
Mitty 28-7 [Mitty +21]
Bell's 38-14 [Bell's +24]
SF 27-21 [SF +6]
Serra 35-24 [Serra +11]

Mitty vs SHC : the Monarch's got a much tougher game than expected and being favored by nearly 4-TD's were able to win by 11 after being down at the 1/2 by 3. Its commendable that the Irish were able to score 27 points against a good Mitty defense and at the very least be in a competitive game.

Bell's vs SI: The Bell's rolled as expected and SI suffered its 2nd big loss in as many games having been overwhelmed by Serra 56-0 the previous week. Everyone knew SI was acking at the skill positions, but SI's defense may have simply worn out towards the end of the season as the Wildcats did not play well on either side of the ball. SI will need a complete reload for next season and perhaps look at its game plans from this season and why the final games became uncompetitive.

SF vs Riordan: In a much anticipated game which Riordan led early on the Lancer's were able to do just enough to pull away for the win. Riordan once again had more of the big play capability, but the Lancer's steady offense and solid defense once again did enough to take down a solid opponent.

Serra vs VC: I must say that I had Serra winning this game and as my top pick in the Weekly Pick-Em's contest as a 10.
Serra had every motivation to win this game and simply had more playmaker's than VC. I was able to see the 2nd 1/2 and a lot of big plays took place, mostly on the Serra side which turned a 21-14 half-time score to 28-14 Serra, to 35-14 Serra, to 35-21 Serra and the final 42-21 Serra win.
VC is an impressive team and their O-line is HUGE!. They have a very strong run game, but don;t often pass as has been the case the last few season's I've seen them [even though their QB looked quite capable]. Serra didn;t make many mistakes and their QB Sitileki Nunn was as impressive as every other game I've seen him in - connecting on 2 long pass plays for their final TD's, one an 87-yarder over the middle the WR broke open and avoided tackles [Hunter Bishop] and then a 47-yarder to RB Lataimua thrown perfectly over his shoulder. When Serra plays without the mistakes they look awfully imposing [and could have been a spoiler in playoffs].

Next Up: Playoffs

Last edited:
The Bells and St. Francis share the 2015 title. Congrats to both programs. Here are the final standings for all levels:

Varsity (Bellarmine and St. Francis Champions)

Bellarmine: 6-1
SF: 6-1
Valley: 4-3
Riordan: 4-3
Serra: 4-3
Mitty: 3-4
St. Ignatius: 1-6
SHC: 0-7

JV (Bellarmine Champion)

Bellarmine: 7-0
VC: 6-1
Serra: 5-2
SI: 4-3
Mitty: 3-4
SHC: 2-5
SF: 1-6
Riordan: 0-7

Freshman (Serra Champion)

Serra: 7-0
SF: 5-2
VC: 4-3
SHC: 4-3
SI: 3-4
Bellarmine: 3-4
Mitty: 2-5
Riordan: 0-7

ReardanGal and Foolbutt, don't worry about SHC...it will all work itself out. I don't think anyone at SHC thinks we don't need improvement. It will be interesting the next few years, let us see how you guys talk when Riordan is down, there will be those years at your school, you can count on it.

The next doormat already has "Fool-bo" on it... And it's extra-heavy-duty since it will be there for awhile. That goes for all three levels.

Last edited:

Will the SHC school Alma Mater song be sung by Annie, "Tomorrow" (LOL)

You guys make this "Too Easy"

STOP IT.....

To that maybe they can go for post game meals at Orphan Andys (obvious play on Orphan Annies) in the Castro ;)

[QUOTE="Hatchball: ]"It will be a cold day in hell before Riordan has a winning record in WCAL league play".[/QUOTE]

Hatchball obviously was looking to 2016 and beyond... It won't just be in WCAL play either.

Last edited:
Eh, I was only off by one game. They caught lightning in a bottle this year, we'll see if the new coaching staff can make something of the underclassmen in the next few years.

Eh, I was only off by one game. They caught lightning in a bottle this year, we'll see if the new coaching staff can make something of the underclassmen in the next few years.

Tribute to a realist poster,

Admit when their prediction is wrong...but shoots a parting shot. I would step back and just find humility, the sincerity would truly be recognized.

Oh Well....

WCAL Football 2015:

CCS Top 25 Teams as of 11/15:
1. Bell's 9-1
2. SF 9-1
3. Serra 6-4
4. VC 7-3
5. Riordan 7-3
6. Mitty 6-4

7. Oak Grove 8-2 [lost to SF & VC]
8. Milpitas 8-2 [lost to Antioch & VC]
9. Palma 9-1 [lost to SF]
10. Monte Vista Christian [Watsonville] 9-1
11. Wilcox 8-2
12. Los Gatos 8-2 [lost to Mitty, Milpitas]
13. SHP 7-3 [lost to Riordan, Palma, MA]
14. San Benito 6-4
15. Salinas 6-4
16. Hillsdale 9-1
17. Live Oak 9-1
18. Burlingame 9-1
19. St. Ignatius 1-9
20. MA 6-4
21. Aptos 6-4
22. Leigh 8-2
23. HMB 8-2
24. SHC 1-9
25. King's Academy 8-2

I am so happy that SHC made the TOP 25.

It truly is about the company you keep. And by SHC being in the company of the WCAL, it allowed them to make the list.

Now please note a positive post bout SHC. Since there season is over, I would like to reach across the isle...

C'mon Man...do u really think I would do that (LOL)

Yes sir! Top 25 team! Some coaches get bonuses for that, maybe Coach P hit a bonus for getting his squad into the top 25! Brighter days ahead for the Irish. Next season starts today, make sure everyone shows up for conditioning and weights that start at 3.

When you look at the records you see that SI at 1-9 is ranked right behind Burlingame who is 9-1. SI had a brutal pre-season shedule and then gets to play 5 teams in the NorCalPreps Top 20 in its own league., while BGame's toughest opponent was SHP whom they lost to by 9. There is no doubt that SI would challenge for a league title in many of the softer leagues in the CCS. SHC Irish also had the unfortunate task of playing a tough pre-season schedule before entering WCAL league play for same reason's that SI suffered so many losses. The Irish right behind a good HMB team with a record of 8-2 could also be a top 2-3 team in most leagues in CCS. I'll publish some more surprising stats as we head into the playoffs.

In the 2nd round of the 2013 D3 CCS playoffs, a 2-8 regular season SI team played a 10-0 Burlingame team and crushed them 41-21. The Burlingame fans were saying it was "unfair" that a 2-8 team was allowed into the playoffs.

I like the new 3-tier Open Division system along with the B&C League divisions. It sets up a NCAA / NIT format so that teams with a good record playing in a weaker division can compete against peer teams from across CCS while also allowing the stronger teams to compete in their enrollment divisions.

Good luck to Riordan on Friday. I'm planning to put on some purple and enjoy the game.

Reactions: RiordanGael
Any room left on the bandwagon? :)

We Are San Francsico....all aboard :)

I truly believe some of the other leagues just don't understand or even partially realize how tough the WCAL runs.

This has been an issue of debate this year in how a team can go so many years without a league win.

Not WCAL programs will can the recruitment card on this issue, but when parents have to pony up $17k each year. I don't think recruitment is the issue when those same programs for FB may not be as successful as they like. ( I am not going to bring up names...but we all know who I am talking about)

The new system truly creates parody and the privates & publics can settle things on the field.

We Are San Francsico....all aboard :)

I truly believe some of the other leagues just don't understand or even partially realize how tough the WCAL runs.

This has been an issue of debate this year in how a team can go so many years without a league win.

Not WCAL programs will can the recruitment card on this issue, but when parents have to pony up $17k each year. I don't think recruitment is the issue when those same programs for FB may not be as successful as they like. ( I am not going to bring up names...but we all know who I am talking about)

The new system truly creates parody and the privates & publics can settle things on the field.
"I truly believe some of the other leagues just don't understand or even partially realize how tough the WCAL runs."

I will have to disagree...WCAL's history and accomplishments speaks for itself. non-WCAL coaches are well aware what they are getting into if they play WCAL teams. Even if they play the bottom half WCAL teams. But non-WCAL teams will never turn down a tough challenge. I wouldn't.

Reactions: Mr. Direct
"I truly believe some of the other leagues just don't understand or even partially realize how tough the WCAL runs."

I will have to disagree...WCAL's history and accomplishments speaks for itself. non-WCAL coaches are well aware what they are getting into if they play WCAL teams. Even if they play the bottom half WCAL teams. But non-WCAL teams will never turn down a tough challenge. I wouldn't.
After a couple of strong postseason runs, Aptos chose not to opt up this year.

After a couple of strong postseason runs, Aptos chose not to opt up this year.
Yep, Aptos had a brutal schedule this year. They played four private schools in a row, Mitty, Bellarmine, Palma, and Capital Christian. All losses. I think they did their time. :)

Reactions: jordan24
Have to agree with HSS75 on his post as Aptos has already run the gauntlet this year and best to try another less traveled road.
WCAL teams choose the same path as well some years under the old system as Serra did not too many years ago, choosing Div. I rather than playing Bellarmine again - who BTW went to the state title game. Everyone knew Serra could not beat the Bell's & QB McHugh in Open playoffs. The decision worked well for Serra who became Div. 1 Champs that year instead of losing in Open.

I am so happy that SHC made the TOP 25.

Now please note a positive post bout SHC. Since there season is over, I would like to reach across the isle...

Well you did admit you're a Democrat. It's those Repubs who want to "reach across the aisle".

I'll celebrate Riordan when they make the CCS Top 92, which, to Riordan's chagrin, doesn't include AAA or OAL teams.

Last edited:
Well you did admit you're a Democrat. It' those Repubs who want to "reach across the aisle". I'll celebrate Riordan when they make the top 50.

"Irish Cheers your a ignorant Slut" (my take off SNL)

As usual the freaking SHC poster is in a different reality. If you would just take the time to read post listed above, you could see that Riordan is #5 now...

What is it with you? Has getting your Football butt kicked consistently actually separated you from normalcy. As I have stated before, the best option did you to save face of at least show some dignity is to not post. Your season is over, so pray from Hope, Administrative intervention or police hosted parking lot attendance. Lost souls are a common on Ellis Street.

Now you may not get the J2 side of me during BB season, since the Bourbar and my family go back to our roots in INDY. But don't get me wrong....I am always in Buckner's corner.

Last edited:
WCAL Football 2015: CCS Playoffs "And then there were 5 - Bells, SF, VC, ARHS, Mitty".

So now we're to the part of the season where it's win or go home & we are ALL grateful for the one & done season of a loser consolation bracket [courtesy of Ms. Nancy, thank you!]. Of the WCAL 8 team league 5 teams advance among the 5 divisions of playoff brackets.

Bell's - Div 1
SF,VC & Mitty - Div II
Riordan - Div III

Bellarmine the WCAL Co-Champs and #1 seed and Milpitas the #2 seed are the ods on favorites to meet in the 3rd round championship game [and any other team upsetting either one would be a MAJOR upset in this division. The Bell's & Milpitas are the "cream of the crop" in Div 1 and should likely repeat their Open semi-final game from last season when the Bell's upset favored Milpitas by 9-6 in O/T. This season it is reversed with the Bell's being the favorite in every game & Milpitas should mow down its first 2 opponents anxious for another shot at the Bell's in retaliation for spoiling their 2014 season.

So 3 WCAL teams SF the Co-Champs [along with Bell's], VC & Mitty. SF & VC will be the odds on favorites to take Div II while Mitty will likely be the underdog going against a red-hot and much improved 8-2 Oak Grove team [only losses to SF &VC in first 2 games of season]. Los Gatos & Wilcox are both quality teams with an outside & very slim chance of reaching finals in this bracket. Of the WCAL teams Mitty faces the toughest road with the best first round opponent in Oak Grove and if the Monarch's survive they likely face VC whom if they can defeat then likely get St. Francis. The Monarch's likely need huge play from either Sam Serra or Philip Tran to have any chance to advance to the final round. SF defeated VC 21-16 in league and likely round 2 would also be a tight game.

Riordan re-enters the playoff picture in Div III after a multi-year absence. This Division looks to be perhaps the most interesting and difficult to predict with a good variation of team. Forget the seeding for this bracket as Riordan is the "real" #2 seed behind Palma and either is favored to take the division crown. SHP slides in as my "dark horse" as the biggest bet to upset either of the 2 favored teams based upon big game & playoff experience the last several season's incl. a state title game and CCS Open championship. Though Ben Burr-Kirven may be gone there are still enough pieces remaining to make some noise if the Gators get motivated. Both Monte zvista Christian 9-1 and Burlingame ["BGame"] are outside shots whit excellent records, but weaker schedules. Both teams do have a few quality wins though and should not be discounted entirely. Monte Vista Christian just could make it to the championship to meet Palma or Riordan unless Burlingame upsets by beating both -which appears highly unlikely. Some very intriguing match-ups which should make for some very good games.

From first glance it appears the WCAL could possibly take Div I, II & III. Milpitas will prove a serious challenge in Div I to the Bell's, SF gets the nod as favorite to take Div II, while Palma should likely battle Riordan in Div III. Some year's funny things happen in post season play and games can go sideways with a few turn-over's or emotions swinging the game momentum one team's way. It appears DIv III is the best odds on favortie division for a major upset of some type and as closer I'll post my own predictions.

Great write up as usual Rmbr26.

Just some final thoughts on the Riordan/St Francis game as we head into the playoffs.

Riordan has an offense that with out mistakes against even a good defense can drop 45 points easily right now. I was watching their spread against St Francis and they are really hard to contain. You have to have fast DB's and LBers that can cover 1 on 1 and be able to tackle in space and then be able to contain the RB's not to mention their QB if he decides to run. I would put them as a slight favorite over Palma in D-III. I think that this is Riordan's year in D-III.

Rmbr26 turned out to be right about picking SF as his dark horse this year. The Lancers played their best game on Saturday. They got Akina into the game from the beginning (I think he had 3 TD passes) and they played solid D against Riordan's spread. I have a feeling that it will come down to VC and SF in the D-II finals although I'm not counting Mitty out of it. I'm not sure what the new CCS rules are about picking a runner up to go to the regional's but I dont think it is out of the question that the winner and runner up in D-II both advance if I have been following the new playoff rules.

As usual the freaking SHC poster is in a different reality. If you would just take the time to read post listed above, you could see that Riordan is #5 now...

Read between the lines FoolSquared... I'll explain later.

Last edited:
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck in a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on

Is this the new SHC Alma Mater, sung by the image of the "Red Haired Step-Child' role that they have been assuming...C'mon Man!!!

Do it or prove, otherwise STFU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT