ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Streams and scores

Inderkum starts on their 20. They really need to get something going.

3rd down pass moves the chains to the 32…

BIG run to the 47, but a holding call on next play pushes it back.

Two Grant injuries in the last three plays, obviously no idea how serious.

Grant can’t get any further, loses it on downs, Inderkum on their own 37.

Returner breaks a zillion tackles, gets all the way to the Inderkum 46.

But holding call pushes it back to Grant 35…

Long Grant run negated by another flag…. well maybe not…. can’t tell, TV is busy interviewing a Grant cheerleader. I have sound down, no clue why.

but that’s the end of the 3rd quarter.

Grant ball on their own 38 now.. End run nets a BUNCH…. Now on 35, next play, pass and run for a TD. Kick is good. 35-14.

I see St. Mary’s beat Marin Catholic 35-16. Anyone make it to this game and have comments?

Inderkum has a drivve going, the latest run was spectacular, spinning off a mess of tackles.

Now 3rd down, though…. on Grant 26.

3rd down now, after an incomplete pass followed by a short run…

Next play, pass to end zone incomplete, and 4th down pass also incomplete…. Grant takes over on downs, 4:36 left.

Grant calls time after what looked like some sort of fire drill…. lol.

A cascade of flags, finally loses it on downs, I think…. Inderkum with a very short field, pass for TD. Maybe…. More laundry flying…. Guess it counted…. Kick good, 35-21. Very late 4th quarter.

Onside kick recovered by Grant…. Middle run gets a bunch, now on Inderkum 45.

I see St. Mary’s beat Marin Catholic 35-16. Anyone make it to this game and have comments?
I wasn’t at the game but tried to watch it on NFHS Network (kickoff was 11pm on my cruise ship). MC actually looked pretty good against SM early on, and actually scored first in the first quarter. SM defense tightened up later in the 2nd quarter.

SM QB Galvan threw a 64 yard TD pass to Moore to put the Rams up 21-14 late 2nd quarter. Pass was actually for 30 yards or so and Kenneth Moore did the rest of the work. Earlier Galvan had a 14 yard TD pass with 4th down and 5. Halftime score was 21-14 Rams.

SM received the kickoff to start the 2nd half and SM RB McClendon did much of the work on their opening third quarter drive and running it in from the 3yd line to extend the lead 28-14 early 3rd quarter. Both teams committed turnovers their next couple of series each. Into the 4th quarter, SM defense picked up a fumble and ran it back 50+ yards taking the ball inside the redzone. SM’s Galvan threw a TD pass to wide open Osani Gayles. Rams up 35-14 with just over 10 min left in the game.

Both teams inserted backups late 4th quarter with TK (Timmy Karagounis under center for SM). After a couple running plays, TK throws an INT. MC unable to score from getting the ball from the turnover. But, SM later has a bad snap around their own 15 yard line that resulted in a safety with SM recovering the ball in their own endzone. SM would kick off to MC as a result of the safety and MaxPreps score I believe is in correct as I recall MC scoring a late TD to close the gap to 35-22 before I fell asleep. I missed seeing if they scored the extra point but recall the game ended before I knocked out. It must have been around 2-2:30am for me. The ending was kind of a blur to me. MC looked good early on. But mistakes later in the game cost them from keeping up with the Rams. SM is good but they are not as good as last couple of years. SM will have a hard time competing against DLS in a couple of weeks (after their BYE), as they lost much of their team to SM’s largest graduating class on Varsity in some time. The Rams are very young and depend much on sophomore Osani Gayles and junior Kenneth Moore. I anticipate a bloodbath in a couple of weeks. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT