ADVERTISEMENT

Weston Ranch - Riordan Live Stream

Riordan 84 Weston Ranch 75 OT
Good win for the Crusaders. Teams played 7 players. Lots of talent out there. Both teams stayed within 2-5 points throughout with RIordan pulling away in OT.
Credit to the Cougars for making the trek from Stockton to The City on a weeknight.
Weston Ranch and Riordan are off to the Gridley Invitational that starts Thursday.

Sad Bro just Sad! City begging for a good team, finally get one and crickets...

The generation gap is evident. The kids and very young adults you want to fill these bleachers want something to return for their presence and time. A very good basketball team is not enough unless your team is comprised of sons of current/retired NBA dads. Perhaps Riordan can do Bryce Monroe bobblehead night, or Jelani Clark doing the shimmie tshirt giveaway, or lastly, Riiny Riiny rain umbrellas.

I've noticed small school gyms are typically fuller than large school ones. There's a lot going on in the city and around it. People have more options. You go do a Tuesday night game in a rural area and the gym is packed.

Weston Ranch is now 0-3 vs Bay Area teams and now headed to Gridley. Looks like they played Riordan well, right down to OT, but hopefully they’re learning from these losses and can get on a winning streak. Don’t want to leave Gridley 1-5.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Couple comments:

Crowds... I have been expressing concern about this for a couple seasons now. More clubs/activities than ever, dividing up the student body wayyyy too much. Other distractions... Kids get more homework and reading assignments than, say, 10 years ago. Traffic and further-away student bodies and also parents... Just a whole mess of things killing off crowds at games, especially in big cities and especially at private schools.

The game itself: Both teams looked quite a bit better than previously... Really good game.

With Weston Ranch now 0-3, they will have a wounded-animal mentality at Gridley. Guess who’s their next opponent? My Campo Cougars! Hope we’re ready!

Was hoping that the band would at least be there. They are made up of 100+ kids and provide a good spirit section, too. Will be interesting what the crowds will be like once the season rolls around. Last year had some nice crowds...

Weston Ranch is now 0-3 vs Bay Area teams and now headed to Gridley. Looks like they played Riordan well, right down to OT, but hopefully they’re learning from these losses and can get on a winning streak. Don’t want to leave Gridley 1-5.
wont have to worry about the open this year... than is a nice consolation prize

I am posting this because there are many Riordan supporters, alumni , etc... on this board. Life is all about relationships and how we treat one another. I am just a parent of Bryce and guardian of Je'lani so I am pretty low in the pecking order but its about the Community. This season I went out and sponsored the team with shooting shirts, sweathoods, tshirts to garner a sense of TEAM and COMMUNITY.
We must value one another as whole. I will not say his name but you guys know who he is. He has been a Crusader for 30 plus years, giving his all to something he truly loves. To not have him continue in his role is just down right WRONG. Luckily I am in the position to hire him personally as a statistician and let him continue his passion of high school sports coverage. He is a graduate of Riordan and deserves better.
He couldn't ride up with the team to the Gridley tournament so he rode up with me. I know there are people on here with influence, so do what's right and step up and keep this dedicated individual in the program.
Stand by your Slogan
WE ARE R!

I am posting this because there are many Riordan supporters, alumni , etc... on this board. Life is all about relationships and how we treat one another. I am just a parent of Bryce and guardian of Je'lani so I am pretty low in the pecking order but its about the Community. This season I went out and sponsored the team with shooting shirts, sweathoods, tshirts to garner a sense of TEAM and COMMUNITY.
We must value one another as whole. I will not say his name but you guys know who he is. He has been a Crusader for 30 plus years, giving his all to something he truly loves. To not have him continue in his role is just down right WRONG. Luckily I am in the position to hire him personally as a statistician and let him continue his passion of high school sports coverage. He is a graduate of Riordan and deserves better.
He couldn't ride up with the team to the Gridley tournament so he rode up with me. I know there are people on here with influence, so do what's right and step up and keep this dedicated individual in the program.
Stand by your Slogan
WE ARE R!

My handful of bad experiences with him is just personal. What he did for the school for as long as he did cannot be measured. Schools and regimes change, there are unfortunate and unexplained casualties. He did his job to a level thats greater than great. Thank you Renard for what you are doing for him.

My handful of bad experiences with him is just personal. What he did for the school for as long as he did cannot be measured. Schools and regimes change, there are unfortunate and unexplained casualties. He did his job to a level thats greater than great. Thank you Renard for what you are doing for him.
I bet... 38 years of service for this guy. He made me mad on the drive up. He fell asleep on me listening to my blues but it's all good! Lol

Reactions: cherylbaustin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT