ADVERTISEMENT

What’s going on at SMS?

Passionatedad

Sports Fanatic
Jun 30, 2013
Does anyone know why Tom hasn’t coached since their win over Centennial at MLK? One parent told me he was upset at the athletic director and said he was taking time off. I know parents have contacted the school wondering what’s going on. The same parent 12 of the 13 girls on the team are there to play for him and I’m wondering what’s going to happen if he doesn’t come back. I can’t see any real good coach having any desire to move to Stockton.

Does anyone know why Tom hasn’t coached since their win over Centennial at MLK? One parent told me he was upset at the athletic director and said he was taking time off. I know parents have contacted the school wondering what’s going on. The same parent 12 of the 13 girls on the team are there to play for him and I’m wondering what’s going to happen if he doesn’t come back. I can’t see any real good coach having any desire to move to Stockton.

I can't see any sane person wanting to move to Stockton! LOL j/k

That's really too bad. what he's done at SMS is almost unheard of and he's had more success than almost any coach in Norcal, let alone the state. Lets hope that he's just under the weather...

I saw he wasn't coaching at the Lincoln-Stockton game.

Very interesting situation to follow

He is a prima donna...Just another above average coach...
who people will line up to kiss up to...
Like another coach we all know in the bay area...
12 of the 13 girls are there to play for him....at least one kid has some sense
Maybe somebody finally doesn't buy his act...
USA coach of the year....what a Joke

Man!!! This went left really fast. From curious to attacking. Smh...People I tell ya....

Last edited:
Reactions: GBBall4L
Streakone...NCP used to have a button where you could "ignore" people...is that function still available?

Click on posters name to go to their profile and then click ignore. Should show up near the top of the profile page.

Why not 13 of the 13 girls? Why the reference to 12 girls and not 13? He is a decorated coach so I assume all girls are there to play for him with his track record.

He is a prima donna...Just another above average coach...
who people will line up to kiss up to...
Like another coach we all know in the bay area...
12 of the 13 girls are there to play for him....at least one kid has some sense
Maybe somebody finally doesn't buy his act...
USA coach of the year....what a Joke
being above average isnt all that bad in stockton

Why not 13 of the 13 girls? Why the reference to 12 girls and not 13? He is a decorated coach so I assume all girls are there to play for him with his track record.
She is the only girl that was going to St. Marys regardless of basketball. Two girls drive an hour and a half one way every day to play basketball at SM . Every girl on that team is there to play basketball. My guess, they will all get scholarships to play basketball at the next level. That’s the investments these parents are making to give their child the best opportunity to succeed . But, 5 freshmen and 5 sophomores, will take some time . But , what I’m hearing they’re probably not sticking around if this situation with their coach is not cleared up.

She is the only girl that was going to St. Marys regardless of basketball. Two girls drive an hour and a half one way every day to play basketball at SM . Every girl on that team is there to play basketball. My guess, they will all get scholarships to play basketball at the next level. That’s the investments these parents are making to give their child the best opportunity to succeed . But, 5 freshmen and 5 sophomores, will take some time . But , what I’m hearing they’re probably not sticking around if this situation with their coach is not cleared up.

You know I have followed SMS for 20 + years. Am I the only one who noticed this? It seems they have always had underclass players. I used to wonder what happened to their players after their junior year was up:)
Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: observer22
You know I have followed SMS for 20 + years. Am I the only one who noticed this? It seems they have always had underclass players. I used to wonder what happened to their players after their junior year was up:)
After their junior year they become seniors then after that they usually play at the next level. Currently 10-12 playing D-1 that graduated from SMS.

After their junior year they become seniors then after that they usually play at the next level. Currently 10-12 playing D-1 that graduated from SMS.

I think you missed my point. There were several seasons, when they had back to back years with very few seniors.
Meaning: They were replaced by underclass players.

“Being above average isn’t that bad in Stockton”

Exactly!!!!
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

One open nothing else maters

Just curious. What have you accomplished? And I'm not even hatin or anything but you are so fast to "try" and knock the accomplishments of others. One would think that you have all the coaching answers.

Last edited:
Becool is still upset that Tom Gonzalves would not let him have a table at the MLK in 2015 to promote his "trainer" business when he first moved to Stockton.

Just curious. What have you accomplished? And I'm not even hatin or anything but you are so fast to "try" and knock the accomplishments of others. One would think that you have all the coaching answers.

Is this the famous citibank!??? The guy who was the all world trainer at the local planet fitness???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT