ADVERTISEMENT

What we learned from Folsom vs CC

thespecialone

Sports Fanatic
Sep 18, 2006
* CC had a DLS like game plan and a physical, ball hawking defense that played as well as they could have. I was impressed
* Folsom had to work hard to move the ball..nothing was easy, particularly in the red zone. They never punted but went for on 4th down numerous times and came up empty
* I didn't like some of the play calling from Folsom. They kept repeating plays (sweeps around right side) that weren't working. They also didn't take advantage of the soft coverage on the receivers enough. They could pick up an east 5-10 yds every time if the did. And they rarely wen't deep even though they had one on one coverage out there.
* That running back for CC was a beast and better than Daniel Ngata
* I would agree that 2014 Folsom team was better due to their line play. I don't believe their line has ever been at elite status other than 2014 and if it is in the future it won't last. Public schools will rarely, if ever put together lines like DLS, SJB, or Mater Dei. Line play is the difference between these teams. This CC line averaged 285 pounds and was tough
* It's becoming clear what the best game plan against Folsom is. Ball control, pressure on the quarterback and an elite linebackers and corners
* I don't see Folsom beating the private "junior colleges" in the near future.

Last edited:
Here is what I learned.
CC was extremely well prepared and played a damn near perfect game.
Folsom moved the ball at will but couldn't execute in the red zone. And that was a great strategy by CC. They had no trouble at all going downfield.
Poma is a nice HS player running behind 300 LB Lineman. Give Daniel Ngata the ball 30+ times and he is putting up way bigger numbers my friends. Lets not be stupid. One kid is either going to BAMA or ND. The other kid is a good HS player.
The better team won and would win in every meeting by bigger scores as well if they played again.
#55 for Folsom probably earned himself a few big offers after that performance.
That is what I learned. Folsom escaped and great teams win close games. End of story.

LL so you agree that Folsoms line play wasen't at the level of CC or other elite top open teams? I believe Ngata is quicker but that kid from CC breaks way more tackles. Just a difference of opinion

Folsom is definitely a second tier great team behind the MD, SJB, DLS, Allen, IMG type of teams. No way to say if they played CC again that it would be by bigger scores.

That is the same logic that says the 2014 Folsom team could have beaten DLS, when we all know it would have been the third year in a row DLS creamed Folsom.

Im glad folsom won. Can you imagine if they lost? Holy crap! We would have all of the San Diego people yappin that they would demolish MD or Bosco. It would've went like this. Because folsom barely lost to DLS. And because DLS barely lost to MD. San Diego champion would demolish the Trinity league. That argument has been used by Folsom fans to stake their claim vs the Trinity teams. But Thanks to Folsom. In one night, you put everything in its proper place. The San Diego sections place in line. And where does Folsoms dominance truly rank. A Folsom loss last night wouldve screwed everything up.

End of story is Folsom won the game. Don't discount that they made the plays they needed too at the right time. Folsom is the better team period. Plain and simple. Make all the excuses you want to make. And I'm not comparing them to MD, SJB, or anybody else.
You guys ever play sports? You ever hear about playing to the level of your comp or having a bad day? Shit happens.

Folsom won. That is all that matters. Comparing scores means nothing.

Folsom is definitely a second tier great team behind the MD, SJB, DLS, Allen, IMG type of teams. No way to say if they played CC again that it would be by bigger scores.

That is the same logic that says the 2014 Folsom team could have beaten DLS, when we all know it would have been the third year in a row DLS creamed Folsom.

Wait until next year...that wide open offense at Folsom is a draw

Folsom had a great season. They may be the standard for California 1-AA football.

The Bulldogs dominated the SJS and did a number on Central in the NorCal play-in game. Got to also give them props for putting DLS on their schedule. Although they didnt beat the Spartans, they competed well; which was a great improvement to seasons past.

After watching MD play, I cannot consider Folsom an elite team. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Folsom is a great team.

I also disagree with the chatter that this years Folsom team is the best SJS team of all time.

U obviously dislike folsom or dont admit that on occasion can be at dls level...they were this year and most certainly in 2014...i would make a bet that that years folsom team would beat any of this years md sjb dls or folsom team....folsom had two big ol guys in jonah williams and cody creason and a defense that national sports writer said after seeing dls bg and folsom...folsom had best of those 3 plus they had record setting offense...

Most years will be a notch under dls but stop ignoring them when they are same level as in 2018 2017 and 2014..your dislike is rediculous

End of story is Folsom won the game. Don't discount that they made the plays they needed too at the right time. Folsom is the better team period. Plain and simple. Make all the excuses you want to make. And I'm not comparing them to MD, SJB, or anybody else.
You guys ever play sports? You ever hear about playing to the level of your comp or having a bad day? Shit happens.

Folsom won. That is all that matters. Comparing scores means nothing.

Somebody sounds a little bitter it wasn’t a blowout here. Calm down, I mean that’s the best team to ever come out of that area of the state for crying out loud.

Last edited:
No dislike of Folsom. Just that when a team like DLS beats a team two years in a row by what, 50 points each game, you don't make up that difference the next year and say your team would have won.

jfoyosoul (or G61); why do you continue to tout 2014 Folsom like they were something out of this world. That team would NOT beat this years MD, SJB, or DLS. I read all the stories from the various national high school sites, and nowhere in 2014 was there a writer who said that Folsom's defense was better that year than DLS's or Bishop Gorman's. I would ask you to show me the article, but we know that is just something you made up.

Tell me how Folsom, whose defense would have given up probably 80 points to DLS in the 2013 Open play in game if DLS had kept their first string in the game, could improve in one year to be better than DLS or BG defense that next year.

Appreciate Folsom for who they are; a tremendous public high school team that does not need to constantly be said by you to be the best there is.

End of story is DLS won the game. Don't discount that they made the plays they needed too at the right time. DLS is the better team period. Plain and simple. Make all the excuses you want to make. And I'm not comparing them to MD, SJB, or anybody else.

DLS won. That is all that matters. Comparing scores means nothing.

@larry legend33, I love your post so much I changed out Folsom with DLS and have the perfect post for all the Folsom/DLS chatter all year long, LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT