ADVERTISEMENT

When Referees Should Let the Kids Just Play

Aug 21, 2022
A great game last night in Concord and congratulations to Folsom! One complaint I do have;

When DLS scored their touchdown to go ahead and their qb spun the ball in end zone, was there really a reason to call a 15-yard penalty? That 15 yards contributed greatly to Folsom being able to drive down and score the winning td.

There are times when a high school players youthful enthusiasm should be allowed. Referees, don't decide the outcome of a game with an ill-timed penalty call.

A great game last night in Concord and congratulations to Folsom! One complaint I do have;

When DLS scored their touchdown to go ahead and their qb spun the ball in end zone, was there really a reason to call a 15-yard penalty? That 15 yards contributed greatly to Folsom being able to drive down and score the winning td.

There are times when a high school players youthful enthusiasm should be allowed. Referees, don't decide the outcome of a game with an ill-timed penalty call.
How about when Greer got STUFFED on the 1 yard line and turned to his sidline and made a gesture to give him the ball again- they proceeded to call a QB sneak and he went nuts right before the play. They scored on a QB sneak.

They should have called a peanlty on him then and there to make an example out of him. I think it was mor fitting that they lost the game on a Folsom QB sneak. Ironic! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT