ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the winner for CCS????

ballusa2015

Rookie
Feb 12, 2018
Mitty (Can Mitty win without Nicole Blakes)?
M-A
Aragon
South City (can south city win without Cedeno)?
SHP
Priory

you're still set on Aragon over VC?? That might be the only one I change without knowing if Cedeno will play or not

Mitty
Silver Creek (They are a new team with Augmon Sisters), ask Sequioa.
VC
Aptos (Remember Aptos one last year in semi's and both team returned everyone)
SHP
Woodside P.

If she plays it is SSF for sure, if she does not play I dont think it will go well. I could be wrong since her team won yesterday.

Cedeno played vs. Aptos last year and was clearly hobbled. If she's in similar shape this time, or unavailable, odds move to Aptos favor. Again.

I got Pinewood with the win over Mitty.

PW gets the OPEN #1 seed
Mitty drops to #2
SMS to #3

PW battled a deep and talented and (IMO)better MITTY squad(in this game)last year and only lost by 8. PW is better this year, returning everybody while Mitty graduated alot and of course the Blakes injury looms large.
PW has been waiting for this game all year.
I expect PW to pack in the defense and force Mitty to settle for 3s. Mitty has shown to be susceptible to going cold from 3.
Remember this name (Trinity Copeland)....under the radar big time rebounder...if she grabs 10+ rebounds...PW wins.

PW 65
Mitty 60

Reactions: basketba11
With a pinewood victory , that would move SMS to # 1, pinewood 3, Mitty 3. Pinewood loose to Salesian at home. SMS crushed Salesian at Salesian. SMS toughest schedule and lost to Mitty full strength in a great game that could have gone either way. Of course, SMS must get by Folsom.

Or would the committee decide that section champs are more competitively equitable than section runners-up, and dump Mitty into the four or five spot?

With a pinewood victory , that would move SMS to # 1, pinewood 3, Mitty 3. Pinewood loose to Salesian at home. SMS crushed Salesian at Salesian. SMS toughest schedule and lost to Mitty full strength in a great game that could have gone either way. Of course, SMS must get by Folsom.
If Pinewood happened to win how would Mitty be behind SMS?

I got Pinewood with the win over Mitty.

PW gets the OPEN #1 seed
Mitty drops to #2
SMS to #3

PW battled a deep and talented and (IMO)better MITTY squad(in this game)last year and only lost by 8. PW is better this year, returning everybody while Mitty graduated alot and of course the Blakes injury looms large.
PW has been waiting for this game all year.
I expect PW to pack in the defense and force Mitty to settle for 3s. Mitty has shown to be susceptible to going cold from 3.
Remember this name (Trinity Copeland)....under the radar big time rebounder...if she grabs 10+ rebounds...PW wins.

PW 65
Mitty 60

Pinewood reminds me of Clovis West last season. Neither were ever ranked #1 in the state (I think neither ever were) and definitely never ranked #1 in the nation. (In the year in question not never ever) But you can't tell either of them that their team is not as good or better than everyone else. That is a good attitude for a team from the coach to the players to have. I kind of know and admire folks on both sides, so I won't comment on this game other than to say I think they are both very good teams. Who are both very well coached. It should be a good game.

Best wishes to both teams.

If Pinewood happened to win how would Mitty be behind SMS?

I think some are thinking ( not necessarily me) because if SMS beats Folsom and Pinewood beats Mitty, the section winners might get the nod over the runner ups. I personally think if Pinewood were to win they should get the #1 seed.

Last edited:
I think some are thinking because if SMS beats Folsom and Pinewood beats Mitty, the section winners might get the nod over the runner ups. I personally think if Pinewood were to win they should get the #1 seed.
Mitty also beat Folsom by 49

Mitty also beat Folsom by 49

I'm aware of that. I was at the game. That is why I said (some are thinking) and (might). My best guess is the committee of folks who decide the seeding will take as much as they think is needed into consideration.

If pinewood wins, unfortunately you would have to figure in injuries, the committee would have to seed according to who they think is the best team. Or maybe just seed section champs 1 thru 4. Pinewood lose vs Salesian is huge factor in the equation. At home

Head-to-head could be a huge factor ... or not.

Winning the section could be a huge factor ... or not.

MaxPreps computer ranking could be a huge factor ... or not.

The easiest method for a committee pushed for time is the computer rankings, with section titles being second. You have to actually look at each team's schedule to find head-to-head.

Reactions: Paytc
If pinewood wins, unfortunately you would have to figure in injuries, the committee would have to seed according to who they think is the best team. Or maybe just seed section champs 1 thru 4. Pinewood lose vs Salesian is huge factor in the equation. At home
Everyone has injuries. Sms was banged up last year and got seeded 4th even though they were the second best team. Just don't see how SMS would be seeded over Mitty.

You could be right. But because injuries ( though very unfortunate) are part of the game. The committee might take into account that Pinewood only has one tough loss to a top Norcal team and they went on to beat the #1 team in the nation. One loss is one loss. How many does St. Mary Stockton have? And how many will Folsom and St. Mary Stockton have after they play? Typically the best team is the last team standing regardless to how they get there. It doesn't always mean they are the best team because all good teams can beat one another. And injuries, flu and other health concerns, officiating, coaching, poor performances, pressure, depth, among other things tend to have an impact. Pinewood has a team good enough to beat any heathy team in the nation including Mitty if they were 100% heathy. Not saying they would beat Mitty before or after this unfortunate injury. But I personally think they would be a tough team for Mitty to beat regardless. As Mitty will be a tough team for Pinewood to beat regardless.

Last edited:
Head-to-head could be a huge factor ... or not.

Winning the section could be a huge factor ... or not.

MaxPreps computer ranking could be a huge factor ... or not.

The easiest method for a committee pushed for time is the computer rankings, with section titles being second. You have to actually look at each team's schedule to find head-to-head.

Injuries could be factored in or not.

If Pinewood were to beat Mitty, I believe the committee would seed Pinewood #1, SMS 2 and Mitty 3. They would not want a rematch game of the Section in the 2nd round of the Regionals. I agree, injuries might play into these seedings as well.

If Pinewood loses, they will not be in top 4, who are their big wins? Once again Salesian lose at home is a dagger.

injuries arent supposed to be taken into account.
And rightfully so because not all injury info is available.
For example how many people know that St. Joes sat 2 starters vs PW in their game?
(Im assuming because of injury)

If Pinewood loses, they will not be in top 4, who are their big wins? Once again Salesian lose at home is a dagger.

That is the flip side to the other hypothetical we were discussing. I think the end results of a lot of things will be considered. And I think the committee who decides may or may not get it right depending on many factors and how they are valued to many different people. How ever it shakes out the team that wins the Open state championship will have to go on a four game winning streak regardless to where they are seeded.

If Mitty wins and favorites all win..
the seeding will go as such...

1...Mitty
2...SMS
3...Folsom
4...Salesian
5...PW
6...CLET
7...MM
8...???

Lock top 7 in...

St. Joseph beat C-Let so they may push C-Let down to 7 and take their spot. And should Heritage beat C-let or Odowd MM, or Folsom beat SMS etc....., that may also have an impact.

Last edited:
Mitty still has to be the favorite to win this game tonite. Pinewood will get shots and will make their share of 3's. The issue is can they play 4 quarters and maintain a high level of play. I don't think their bench is quite ready to really give a big boost against Mitty's depth and physicality, even without Blake's Mitty can continue to throw bodies at you. Bri Claros is the real key, if she has a great game they have a chance to compete because she is the one who can break down Mitty's perimeter defenders. I don't see Jump being a factor as Mitty will make sure she is shadowed with a lot of length. I don't think they have anyone outside of Astrom or Claros that can give them 10-15 points vs Mitty's defense for 4 quarters. Oh and then there is Haley Jones, how can I forget about her?! Pinewood will try to defend her with smaller guards and bring help with their size in Copeland, Astrom, Jump and freshman Williams. 4 quarters of Haley Jones and Karisma Ortiz is tough to handle. Watch out for Miyahara tonite, she is the one player that can match any kid on Pinewood 3 pointer for 3 pointer. While doubling Jones and Ortiz Miyahara just might hit 6 or 7 threes tonite. It should be entertaining for sure.
If Pinewood comes out and hits their first 5 or 6 shots and has a 20 plus point 1st quarter they may get the confidence they need. It will be a tall task. Northbayguru says Pinewood returns everyone including a healthy Claros and is better, but so is Mitty even graduating 4 D1 kids. Mitty is better defensively and offensively than last year.

Reactions: basketba11
If St Joes is in...

they should get the 6 seed because of h2h
how about this then?
1 Mitty
2 SMS
3 Pinewood
4 Folsom
5 Salesian
6 SJND
7 Clet
8 MM

Keeps SMS/Folsom and Mitty/Pinewood away from potential 2nd round rematches. Probable SMS/Pinewood matchup would be good one.

Reactions: OnBall8
Bear Creek is no joke....

They have been crushing teams (including a 31 pt win over Campo at Campo)

their only 2 losses were early season losses to 2 teams in running for socal open...
Both teams they lost to are in section finals tomorrow (Clovis North and Fairfax)

Bear Creek is no joke....

They have been crushing teams (including a 31 pt win over Campo at Campo)

their only 2 losses were early season losses to 2 teams in running for socal open...
Both teams they lost to are in section finals tomorrow (Clovis North and Fairfax)
If Bear Creek beats Antelope and gets in, then who is out between SJND, MM and Clet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT