ADVERTISEMENT

Who is who in East Bay

HSfan82

Sports Fanatic
Dec 10, 2013
lets get early season takes on where things are headed after 3 weeks of games....

D1
-How legit is Liberty, big Mack win, but can they beat Pitt and/or Freeddom who both stubbed their toe this week
-DLS keeps rolling, looks to be better than last season, made Odowd look bad

D2
-is Odowd in trouble, they got Monte Vista and SM Stockton coming up, could get ugly for Dragons
-Speaking of Odowd, did the Wacc league step up, Piedmont and Encinal 3-0, legit contenders??
-Campo seems to be strong again, I was expecting “rebuild” this year, CVC game should be good one
-Granada in the running for D2 title, along with Cotate

D3
-Newman head of class but watch out for Eureka and Las Lomas, maybe Encinal and Yes I will say it for 3-0 Tennyson??

D4
-Big win for defending champs Fortuna over Logan
-Moreau looks legit with wins over SPSV and San Marin who should both be there at end along with Piedmont
- can someone confirm SPSV loss to Bethel...assuming score is revered in MaxPreps

D5
-Middleton head of class, big win over D5 Berean Christian. Big game for them as they host Moreau who just dismantled D5 Salesian.. How will Mustangs fare?

Thoughts???......

Reactions: Sacchiefs
D1
-How legit is Liberty, big Mack win, but can they beat Pitt and/or Freeddom who both stubbed their toe this week

I think Antioch should be in that conversation more so than Freedom. They beat Cal on the road fairly easily last week 37-27, although they were shut out in the second half. Their QB had a great game and they got a few big plays such as a blocked punt run back to open a wide lead. Cal then put up 42 at Freedom this week, which was stunning after last week’s showing.

Antioch beat a decent San Leandro team this week rather easily 34-13, a team that handled Foothill in week 1. The BVAL should be interesting this year, but I think Pitt is the favorite followed by Liberty, Antioch, then Freedom.

CVC showed they are for real in knocking off Pitt, and should claim one the Open spots fairly easily unless they stumble going forward.

Now that DLS is back in the EBAL, they are without a doubt the prohibitive favorites in the mountain division. But both SRV and Monte Vista look to be solid, with Cal and then Foothill a notch below.

In the EBAL valley, look out for Dublin. Coach Hoefs has them playing extremely well in his second season at the helm, with 2 big shut outs and an impressive road win over a perennially strong Milpitas team. The Gaels are for real. Granada is also 3-0 and should fight AV for 2nd place in that division.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...football-no-more-automatic-playoff-berth/amp/

D1

I think Antioch should be in that conversation more so than Freedom. They beat Cal on the road fairly easily last week 37-27, although they were shut out in the second half. Their QB had a great game and they got a few big plays such as a blocked punt run back to open a wide lead. Cal then put up 42 at Freedom this week, which was stunning after last week’s showing.

Antioch beat a decent San Leandro team this week rather easily 34-13, a team that handled Foothill in week 1. The BVAL should be interesting this year, but I think Pitt is the favorite followed by Liberty, Antioch, then Freedom.

CVC showed they are for real in knocking off Pitt, and should claim one the Open spots fairly easily unless they stumble going forward.

Now that DLS is back in the EBAL, they are without a doubt the prohibitive favorites in the mountain division. But both SRV and Monte Vista look to be solid, with Cal and then Foothill a notch below.

In the EBAL valley, look out for Dublin. Coach Hoefs has them playing extremely well in his second season at the helm, with 2 big shut outs and an impressive road win over a perennially strong Milpitas team. The Gaels are for real. Granada is also 3-0 and should fight AV for 2nd place in that division.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...football-no-more-automatic-playoff-berth/amp/
I think, we are going to see Freedom drop another game, the Falcons some how need to be jump started to stay on tract....Can Liberty stop Pittsburg, maybe, the Lions have all the tools, but Liberty has to watch out for Antioch and even Freedom, Heritage and Deer Valley not so much, but these teams are all dangerous...This is one of the toughest leagues in the area.

D1

D-1
After cal's win over Freedom, it looks like Freedom my be out of the picture...Freedom has the horses, but just maybe they relaxed against the. Grizzlies, in any case, there may be some lese ready to down Freedom before they can get their act together...

D1
SRV will be in the mix. Liberty is legit, Pitt is the favorite in the conference, Antioch making noise. Clayton & Antioch should tell the tale of the two this weekend.

D2
Still early, Campo looks to be at the top of the pack so far. Granada starting solid but have not played a tough opponent yet. We will see how Cotati measures up vs Campo this weekend. O’Dowd will show where they are at by mid season, will be contenders. Marin 0-2, rebuilding early but always there at the end, never count them out. D2 looking thick.

D3
Newman should be heavy favorite with O’Dowd, Marin, & Cotati up to D2. Only threats would be Las Lomas (soft schedule), and Acalanes. Eureka could be a sleeper, but not top tier threat. Encinal, not very talented and soft schedule. This should be Newman’s division to lose.

D4
I would put Fortuna on top followed by Moreau. The rest follow those two.

Big game this week with Campo and Rancho Cotate. Could end up deciding top seed in that bracket.

Obviously DLS is in top tier with Pittsburg and Liberty in tier 2. After that, it gets bunched with Monte Vista, Antioch, SRV and maybe Freedom but it isn't really clicking yet. I think the Falcons fall in the next tier with Dublin, Granada, San Leandro

...and now we know for sure that Mack is far from special...Palo Alto cleared up any misconceptions Friday evening...

early predictions for NCS champs...

Open DLS
D1 - Freedom
D2 - Granada
D3 Newman
D4 -Moreau
D5 - Middletown

Open DLS
D1 - Freedom
D2 - Granada
D3 Newman
D4 -Moreau
D5 - Middletown

Could happen, but Freedom would be an upset. They’d have to beat whoever doesn’t get into the Open among the early favorites of Pitt, Liberty, Antioch, CVC, MV or SRV. 3 will get in to join DLS, but the other 3 will be formidable foes, and Freedom already lost to Cal at home last week, and they should be in the D1 field as well.

Open DLS
D1 - Freedom
D2 - Granada
D3 Newman
D4 -Moreau
D5 - Middletown

Started this post 30 days ago, let’s see what/if changes.... I stand by these NCS predictions

Open- DLS Liberty Pitt and Clayton Valley, good group but DLS still wins
D1- this leaves this division loaded, Freedom Antioch Cal SRV Monte Vista, really could go anyway
D2 - Odowd has big win over Monte Vista but took thumping from St Mary’s Stockton— no shame there just takes them out of elite status, Campo MC and Rancho will have a say, just got feeling about Granada
D3- clearly Newman’s to lose, although Eureka looks like real contender, one could argue Newman to go open
D4-Moreau head of class and should finish 10-0 after destroying putrid MVAL. Kennedy-Richmond top chaser, maybe Piedmont but no real challenger here
D5- staying with Middletown but watch out for Salesian and Kelseyville

OAL-Mack still running show

Last edited:

Open DLS
D1 - Freedom
D2 - Granada
D3 Newman
D4 -Moreau
D5 - Middletown

Open DLS
D1 - Pitt (Runner up Open)
D2 - Not sure if Granada makes top 5. D2 looks uncertain with handful of solid teams.
D3 - Newman, but keep eye out for Eureka
D4 - Fortuna or St. Bernard’s winner
D5 - Middletown

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT