ADVERTISEMENT

2016 FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS STARTING FRIDAY NIGHT

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
We have the game of the week at Serra as St. Mary's of Stockton pays a visit, Serra has a tough defense and a good offense while St. Mary's of Stockton has a good offense with speed and a JV team that went 10-0 to feed off, plus enough troops returning from the 2015 season...Serra has a returning group to boost their O and D, so this has the makings of a real battle royal to start the season.
Lincoln of Stockton pays a visit to Antioch to see how Harris is going to perform, while Campolindo faces Valley Christian of Sa Jose which is going to be a real test for the Cougars and Cardinal Newman takes a trip to Fortuna for what looks like a shoot out like last year where CN came out on top 43-42.
This first round of games is going to be a real challenge for all the teams, as no body can afford to loose, but that is going to happen...
Another game of interest is El Cerrito taking on McClymonds, this is a up year for the gaucho's and any thing can happen.
But at Pittsburg, the Prates play host to Mitty of San Jose, a clash of different styles of football, Pittsburg is loaded with speed and a solid O and d line, this is going to be a wild football game..

GAMES OF INTEREST
Marin catholic at Central Catholic.....CC 42 MC 20....The last game these two teams played was a route of 49-14 and although MC has improved it could very well be a repeat...
Cardinal Newman at Fortuna.....CN 39 Fortuna 24.....Fortuna may not have the horses they had last year to go up against the likes of CN's QB and company..
Justin-Sienna at Piedmont.....Piedmont 28 JS 21..Both teams look strong again, but JS has a good returning squad, so this game will be closer then last seasons...
El Cerrito at McClymonds.....Mac 34 El Cerrito 26...The Gaucho's are going to be up for this game, so they just might surprise Mac...
St. Mary's of Stockton at Serra.....SM 40 Serra 34...this will be a game of who makes the least mistakes is going to win, both teams can score and both teams play defense...
Sat.
Moreau at St. Mary's of Albany.....Moreau 27 St. Mary's 21...The Mariners had a tough time at the Pittsburg Jamboree, but they should come out shooting....
EBAL
San Leandro at Foothill.....Foothill 28 San Leandro 26.....Can the Pirates stop or slow down Woldridge, or will the falcons be able to handle the Pirate running game...
Logan at California.....California 31 Logan 14...Logan has shinning spots in the Pittsburg Jamboree and they are going to need them all to stop the Grizzlies...
Amador Valley at DLS.....DLS 45 Amador Valley 14...A lot of new faces on the Spartan team, but that doesn't mean any thing..DLS is DLS..
Las Lomas at Dougherty Valley.....DV 49 Las Lomas 7.....This may be one of the few wins the wildcats will get...
Alameda at Dublin.....Dublin 38 Alameda 13.....the Gaels are even stronger this season then last, so the Hornets have there hands full..
Benicia At Granada.....Granada 32 Benicia 27......Granada looks like they are going to surprise a lot of teams this year, and this should be a spring board for a start..
Kimball of Tracy at Livermore.....Livermore 33 Kimball 14...the Cowboys are on the move...
Deer Valley at Monte Vista.....Monte Vista 49 Deer Valley 20...the Wolverines have a lot of speed, but so does the Mustangs plus a red hot passing attack...
Tracy at San Ramon Valley.....Tracy 27 San Ramon Valley24.......The Bulldogs will be balanced and the Wolves have to come together to win this game...
BVAL
Lincoln of Stockton at Antioch.....Antioch 47 Lincoln 28...How do you contain Harris, with a net, a trap, maybe a two-by-for, in any case, Harris and team come out to play..
Turlock at Freedom.....Turlock 35 Freedom 32.....this is one of the best teams out of Turlock in a long time, so this could be a case of the last team to score wins...
Tokay at Heritage......Heritage 38 Tokay 18...the Patriots start fast thru the air..
Vacaville at Liberty.....Vacaville 41 Liberty 26...another wild game, but the Bulldogs have more guns..
Deer Valley at Monte Vista.....Monte Vista 49 Deer Valley 20
Mitty of San Jose at Pittsburg.....Pittsburg 45 Mitty 24.....Speed and a tough defensive line by the Pirates should make the difference....
DAL-FOOTHILL CONFERENCE
Acalanes at Alhambra.....Alhambra 28 Acalanes 19.....the Don's had the Bulldogs number last season and it could happen again unless Alhambra cleans up the poor performance of the offense and defense...
Pinole Valley at College Park.....Pinole Valley 41 College Park 28.....The Falcon's are about to breakout, but they face a well geared Pinole Valley team...
Hercules at Mt. Diablo.....Hercules 27 Mt. Diablo 25...the Red Devils are so over due to begin a winning streak, but they first have to start with the Titans
Rodriquez at NorthGate.....Northgate 47 Rodriquez 20...The Bronco's waste no time and are on the roll right at the start...
St. Patricks of Vallejo at Ygnacio Valley.....Ygnacio Valley 37 St. Pat's 19...First big win for the warriors.
Sat. 8-27.....Cloverdale at Berean Christian......BC 41 Cloverdale 14....BC will be just as strong as last year and starts a new winning sterak...
DAL-VALLEY CONFERENCE
Acalanes at Alhambra.....Alhambra 28 Acalanes 19
Reed of Sparks Nev. at Clayton Valley charter.....CVC 39 Reed 20....that big line and powerful runnin game will be too much for Reed...
Las Lomas at Dougherty Valley.....DV 49 Las Lomas 7
Wood of Vacaville at Concord.....Wood 44 Concord 24....both teams have strong passing attacks and a big line to support, but Wood should over power Concord....
Campolindo at Valley Christian of San Jose.....Campolindo 24 Valley Christian 20...BUT if either team falters, all hell could break out and a shootout could take place...BUT keep in mind, VC has a very big line and this could be the difference....
Miramonte at Vanden.....Miramonte 35 Vanden 19... Tague and the crew display a fast moving passing attack and backed up with a tough running game....

Excellent & informative post BlueDog2. FYI if you look back at the WCAL post regarding Serra you'll see they graduated just about everybody from last season & so lots of questions. They lost all skill players except the QB and their D is highly suspect with few returnees.St. Mary's on the other hand appears to be loaded with returning players and is bigger on both lines. Would luv to see a "battle royal" but not quite sure it will take place.

I do think Campo & Valley Christian will be a good one. Last season I saw VC at Serra and they had the most imposing O-line of any school I'd seen incl DLS. Wait'll you see them this season.

Again Mitty vs Pitt - Mitty much like Serra is in total reload situation & Pitt is highly favored based upon who returns from last season. As with anyone I could be wrong, but going with what they've got its SM, VC & Pitt.

Great write up. I find it interesting you state College Park is due to breakout. Do you know something we don't? Have you seen them in a scrimmage where they looked good? From what I have read is they are picked to finish 4th this year not a breakout year if prsictions are right.

On the WCAL match ups, I'm going to go with Serra over SM; Pitt beats Mitty and VC defeats Campo simply giving the nod to the home team as both Serra and VC can be intimidating to first-time visitors. VCs line play will also be a factor vs. Campo.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
On the WCAL match ups, I'm going to go with Serra over SM; Pitt beats Mitty and VC defeats Campo simply giving the nod to the home team as both Serra and VC can be intimidating to first-time visitors. VCs line play will also be a factor vs. Campo.
VC stopping the pass will be the difference. Campo rolls! I picked Pitt earlier and still think they will win, but in a closer game than some expect. I like Serra at home also.

A lot of interesting games going on! Mack & El Cerrito really nice! How will Mack be? Have not seen anyone post a thread on them this year. Justin Sienna has a new but familiar coach taking over and may change the offense a bit. Tracy vs San Ramon Valley looks really good! too (hope to see San Ramon Valley schedule against my Vacaville Bulldogs one day)! Turlock @ Freedom another nice one! What kind of Offense does Turlock run? Vacaville @ Liberty (Vaca 38 Liberty 17) Ygnacio Valley vs StPStV's will be a good match up and will be. YV's victory. I think the score will be close in the Wood vs. Concord Game. Call me crazy but my "Upset Game" of the week would be Lincoln-Stockton @ Antioch. Really nice write up & a wealth of information Bluedog2! Thank you!

A lot of interesting games going on! Mack & El Cerrito really nice! How will Mack be? Have not seen anyone post a thread on them this year. Justin Sienna has a new but familiar coach taking over and may change the offense a bit. Tracy vs San Ramon Valley looks really good! too (hope to see San Ramon Valley schedule against my Vacaville Bulldogs one day)! Turlock @ Freedom another nice one! What kind of Offense does Turlock run? Vacaville @ Liberty (Vaca 38 Liberty 17) Ygnacio Valley vs StPStV's will be a good match up and will be. YV's victory. I think the score will be close in the Wood vs. Concord Game. Call me crazy but my "Upset Game" of the week would be Lincoln-Stockton @ Antioch. Really nice write up & a wealth of information Bluedog2! Thank you!
What makes you believe Lincoln can go into Antioch and come out with a win? What part of Lincolns game are we overlooking.

CT4L

McClymonds (MACK) graduated 6 seniors from last year’s team they were junior laden. Their O-Line lost one of those seniors. Mack’s starting quarterback was just a sophomore last year and 14 years old as he had togged clearance from the league and commissioner as the was not 15 yet. The other is a sophomore that’s 6’3” and is a long range bomber The kid's both have cannons for arms. The starter junior QB throws an awesome fastball in baseball as well. Overall team speed is up there with the best. The El Cerrito & Moreau Catholic games will be measuring sticks for the Warriors.

Here is a hudl clip of the quarterback Emoreea Fountain in his sophomore year last season

Last edited:
Reactions: ncscalfootball
McClymonds (MACK) graduated 6 seniors from last year’s team they were junior laden. Their O-Line lost one of those seniors. Mack’s starting quarterback was just a sophomore last year and 14 years old as he had togged clearance from the league and commissioner as the was not 15 yet. The other is a sophomore that’s 6’3” and is a long range bomber The kid's both have cannons for arms. The starter junior QB throws an awesome fastball in baseball as well. Overall team speed is up there with the best. The El Cerrito & Moreau Catholic games will be measuring sticks for the Warriors.

Here is a hudl clip of the quarterback Emoreea Fountain in his sophomore year last season
Wow! Real Impressive and he big for a Freshmen!

What's a true freshman now? 16 and under?

The general ages for high school students are:

• Freshman: 14-15
  • Sophomore: 15-16
  • Junior: 16-17
  • Senior: 17-18
Depending on when students began school, they will start high school as freshmen at the age of 14 or 15. Some states have rules that prevent children from starting kindergarten if their fifth birthday comes after the first day of school. In those cases, children must wait an extra year before beginning school and, therefore, are older when they become freshmen.

In addition, if a child fails a grade in school, both entry into and graduation from high school are pushed back a year or more. Some students could be as old as 19 when they graduate, while more advanced students may start high school at the age of 13. Mack's QB was a 13 year old freshman, he's 15 now as a jr.

Last edited:
The general ages for high school students are:

• Freshman: 14-15
  • Sophomore: 15-16
  • Junior: 16-17
  • Senior: 17-18
Depending on when students began school, they will start high school as freshmen at the age of 14 or 15. Some states have rules that prevent children from starting kindergarten if their fifth birthday comes after the first day of school. In those cases, children must wait an extra year before beginning school and, therefore, are older when they become freshmen.

In addition, if a child fails a grade in school, both entry into and graduation from high school are pushed back a year or more. Some students could be as old as 19 when they graduate, while more advanced students may start high school at the age of 13. Mack's QB was a 13 year old freshman, he's 15 now as a jr.

PhotoGuy, IP45 was joking around because much is said here about 19 and 20 year old seniors, in some cases guys that are held back in school to improve their football stock. Welcome to the board! B3K

PhotoGuy, IP45 was joking around because much is said here about 19 and 20 year old seniors, in some cases guys that are held back in school to improve their football stock. Welcome to the board! B3K
Gotcha Bubba,,, LoL like in some states where some, they purposely hold their kids back for better hope of getting scholarship offers and are 19 or even 20 when they graduate..lol

Reactions: Bubba3000
Gotcha Bubba,,, LoL like in some states where some, they purposely hold their kids back for better hope of getting scholarship offers and are 19 or even 20 when they graduate..lol

I got news for ya, that practice is alive and well right here in the Golden State!

That's crazy I've never actually seen it or know of anyone that has done it but I know it's happens

I know of several from DeLaSalle in the past that repeated 8th grade prior to entering high school. It happens other places too.

I thought my redshirt comment made it clear I was joking. Sometimes sarcasm is har to get by a online post. Yes it happens and more often than people even realize.

Reactions: do6473
Oh wow the men of Sparta? I would have never figured them.
Guys...Years ago, when I was in first grade, I got sick and it lasted for four months and I had to start 1st grade over again and when I left High school, in two months, I would have been 19...So this is just one case......

Guys...Years ago, when I was in first grade, I got sick and it lasted for four months and I had to start 1st grade over again and when I left High school, in two months, I would have been 19...So this is just one case......
Guys.....We have another dry Friday night coming up and should be a cool evening, I'm going to the Antioch-Lincoln game, usually I go to the Alhambra games, but I got a feeling it won't be good for the Bulldogs...the QB situation could very well be a big problem....but I hope Alhambra wins....

Yes there are some reasons for being held back, but in your case it wasn't for athletic purposes it was medical.. Keep us posted of the score... I'll be in Oakland at the El Cerrito @ McClymonds game.. I'll get there early to catch some of the JV game.

We have the game of the week at Serra as St. Mary's of Stockton pays a visit, Serra has a tough defense and a good offense while St. Mary's of Stockton has a good offense with speed and a JV team that went 10-0 to feed off, plus enough troops returning from the 2015 season...Serra has a returning group to boost their O and D, so this has the makings of a real battle royal to start the season.
Lincoln of Stockton pays a visit to Antioch to see how Harris is going to perform, while Campolindo faces Valley Christian of Sa Jose which is going to be a real test for the Cougars and Cardinal Newman takes a trip to Fortuna for what looks like a shoot out like last year where CN came out on top 43-42.
This first round of games is going to be a real challenge for all the teams, as no body can afford to loose, but that is going to happen...
Another game of interest is El Cerrito taking on McClymonds, this is a up year for the gaucho's and any thing can happen.
But at Pittsburg, the Prates play host to Mitty of San Jose, a clash of different styles of football, Pittsburg is loaded with speed and a solid O and d line, this is going to be a wild football game..

GAMES OF INTEREST
Marin catholic at Central Catholic.....CC 42 MC 20....The last game these two teams played was a route of 49-14 and although MC has improved it could very well be a repeat...
Cardinal Newman at Fortuna.....CN 39 Fortuna 24.....Fortuna may not have the horses they had last year to go up against the likes of CN's QB and company..
Justin-Sienna at Piedmont.....Piedmont 28 JS 21..Both teams look strong again, but JS has a good returning squad, so this game will be closer then last seasons...
El Cerrito at McClymonds.....Mac 34 El Cerrito 26...The Gaucho's are going to be up for this game, so they just might surprise Mac...
St. Mary's of Stockton at Serra.....SM 40 Serra 34...this will be a game of who makes the least mistakes is going to win, both teams can score and both teams play defense...
Sat.
Moreau at St. Mary's of Albany.....Moreau 27 St. Mary's 21...The Mariners had a tough time at the Pittsburg Jamboree, but they should come out shooting....
EBAL
San Leandro at Foothill.....Foothill 28 San Leandro 26.....Can the Pirates stop or slow down Woldridge, or will the falcons be able to handle the Pirate running game...
Logan at California.....California 31 Logan 14...Logan has shinning spots in the Pittsburg Jamboree and they are going to need them all to stop the Grizzlies...
Amador Valley at DLS.....DLS 45 Amador Valley 14...A lot of new faces on the Spartan team, but that doesn't mean any thing..DLS is DLS..
Las Lomas at Dougherty Valley.....DV 49 Las Lomas 7.....This may be one of the few wins the wildcats will get...
Alameda at Dublin.....Dublin 38 Alameda 13.....the Gaels are even stronger this season then last, so the Hornets have there hands full..
Benicia At Granada.....Granada 32 Benicia 27......Granada looks like they are going to surprise a lot of teams this year, and this should be a spring board for a start..
Kimball of Tracy at Livermore.....Livermore 33 Kimball 14...the Cowboys are on the move...
Deer Valley at Monte Vista.....Monte Vista 49 Deer Valley 20...the Wolverines have a lot of speed, but so does the Mustangs plus a red hot passing attack...
Tracy at San Ramon Valley.....Tracy 27 San Ramon Valley24.......The Bulldogs will be balanced and the Wolves have to come together to win this game...
BVAL
Lincoln of Stockton at Antioch.....Antioch 47 Lincoln 28...How do you contain Harris, with a net, a trap, maybe a two-by-for, in any case, Harris and team come out to play..
Turlock at Freedom.....Turlock 35 Freedom 32.....this is one of the best teams out of Turlock in a long time, so this could be a case of the last team to score wins...
Tokay at Heritage......Heritage 38 Tokay 18...the Patriots start fast thru the air..
Vacaville at Liberty.....Vacaville 41 Liberty 26...another wild game, but the Bulldogs have more guns..
Deer Valley at Monte Vista.....Monte Vista 49 Deer Valley 20
Mitty of San Jose at Pittsburg.....Pittsburg 45 Mitty 24.....Speed and a tough defensive line by the Pirates should make the difference....
DAL-FOOTHILL CONFERENCE
Acalanes at Alhambra.....Alhambra 28 Acalanes 19.....the Don's had the Bulldogs number last season and it could happen again unless Alhambra cleans up the poor performance of the offense and defense...
Pinole Valley at College Park.....Pinole Valley 41 College Park 28.....The Falcon's are about to breakout, but they face a well geared Pinole Valley team...
Hercules at Mt. Diablo.....Hercules 27 Mt. Diablo 25...the Red Devils are so over due to begin a winning streak, but they first have to start with the Titans
Rodriquez at NorthGate.....Northgate 47 Rodriquez 20...The Bronco's waste no time and are on the roll right at the start...
St. Patricks of Vallejo at Ygnacio Valley.....Ygnacio Valley 37 St. Pat's 19...First big win for the warriors.
Sat. 8-27.....Cloverdale at Berean Christian......BC 41 Cloverdale 14....BC will be just as strong as last year and starts a new winning sterak...
DAL-VALLEY CONFERENCE
Acalanes at Alhambra.....Alhambra 28 Acalanes 19
Reed of Sparks Nev. at Clayton Valley charter.....CVC 39 Reed 20....that big line and powerful runnin game will be too much for Reed...
Las Lomas at Dougherty Valley.....DV 49 Las Lomas 7
Wood of Vacaville at Concord.....Wood 44 Concord 24....both teams have strong passing attacks and a big line to support, but Wood should over power Concord....
Campolindo at Valley Christian of San Jose.....Campolindo 24 Valley Christian 20...BUT if either team falters, all hell could break out and a shootout could take place...BUT keep in mind, VC has a very big line and this could be the difference....
Miramonte at Vanden.....Miramonte 35 Vanden 19... Tague and the crew display a fast moving passing attack and backed up with a tough running game....

Great 411 Bluedog!

I'm going to try and do Oak Ridge and Vista tonight and then Folsom vs Idaho (corte de lane) Saturday. I think OR beats Vista by a few scores but they will be down from last year. Hard to replace a QB who went to Notre Dame. But OR is always good so expect no different this year.

I really think Folsom is going to surprise some people this year. Expect them to be dominant again. DO will be right there again though and may have a slight edge given they return 3/4 of there starters and there excellent QB Smart.

Bluedog, no disrespect intended. Plenty of guys get held back for various legit reasons.

St. Mary's of Stockton may not have showed up for their scrimmage with Granite Bay, but confidence is high for them to show up tomorrow and for the rest of the season, including playoffs.

Please refer to the Record article posted earlier this week.

The O/D lines for St. Mary's are pretty much the same as last year, with exception to graduation of 6'4" 310lbs #72 Tony Harper and 5'9" 265lbs #63 David Corralejo, only coming into this game and season with more experience. Besides seniors:
  • 6'4" 300lbs #50 Popo Aumavae (OL/DL)
  • 6'3" 285lbs #65 Joseph Olsen
  • 6'5" 250lbs #63 Cole Norgaard
  • 6'1" 230lbs #55 Jarret Carl (OL-Center)
  • 6'2" 255lbs #64 Mikie Prefling
  • 6'0" 215 #99 Keller Salmon,
Hunter Jones, who was on the Rams O-line as a freshman and played against Folsom last year in the playoffs, returns for OL/DL at 6'3" 240lbs as a sophomore. Likewise, #77 Max Barth, at 6'6" 280lbs returns as a junior playing both OL/DL. One of the leaders in tackles last year for the Rams, #56 Jordan Stinhilver, returns as a senior DL at just 5'8" 215lbs.

The Record and others point to #17 Dewey Cotton to watch. I agree he is an exciting player because he is small but strong at 5'5" 155lbs and very quick. But, in my opinion, #2 Keaton Hampton, is not a player to overlook if the focus is on Cotton. This guy can run and Dunniway likes to go to him deep. And when the defense double teams both of these players, junior #8 Marcus Aponte is an athlete at WR and also the backup QB, will get his share of catches, too. I also expect #21 RB Dusty Frampton to carry the load in the backfield, but agree with the Record, that #22 Tre Jenkins at 6'1" 195lbs will be fun to watch carry the ball, too. Look for senior 5'9" 200lbs #3 Shawn Villegas to get his fair of touches at RB, as well. Also, I am hoping to see Yay-yay Cotton (sophomore), small like Dewey, get some touches, too.

Having much respect for Serra, I anticipate a shootout. And, it's sounds as though the defense is questionable for both teams, so I will be picking St. Mary's to win this shootout 42-35. But, honestly I am thinking it could be a coin-toss.

Growing up in San Mateo and the nuns wanting me to go to this all-boys school to move on to St. Patrick's Seminary and become a priest, I chose to attend San Mateo High School, instead. What a mistake, as I heard the girls at Mercy and Notre Dame were much more wild than at San Mateo High School. Maybe if Sister Felipe at St. Timothy's did not push me so hard, I would have accepted the scholarship and been at Serra and would be rooting for Serra, instead. Instead, I will stick with my sons' alma mater and continue cheering for the Rams.

GO RAMS! RAMPRIDE forever!

St. Mary's of Stockton may not have showed up for their scrimmage with Granite Bay, but confidence is high for them to show up tomorrow and for the rest of the season, including playoffs.

Please refer to the Record article posted earlier this week.

The O/D lines for St. Mary's are pretty much the same as last year, with exception to graduation of 6'4" 310lbs #72 Tony Harper and 5'9" 265lbs #63 David Corralejo, only coming into this game and season with more experience. Besides seniors:
  • 6'4" 300lbs #50 Popo Aumavae (OL/DL)
  • 6'3" 285lbs #65 Joseph Olsen
  • 6'5" 250lbs #63 Cole Norgaard
  • 6'1" 230lbs #55 Jarret Carl (OL-Center)
  • 6'2" 255lbs #64 Mikie Prefling
  • 6'0" 215 #99 Keller Salmon,
Hunter Jones, who was on the Rams O-line as a freshman and played against Folsom last year in the playoffs, returns for OL/DL at 6'3" 240lbs as a sophomore. Likewise, #77 Max Barth, at 6'6" 280lbs returns as a junior playing both OL/DL. One of the leaders in tackles last year for the Rams, #56 Jordan Stinhilver, returns as a senior DL at just 5'8" 215lbs.

The Record and others point to #17 Dewey Cotton to watch. I agree he is an exciting player because he is small but strong at 5'5" 155lbs and very quick. But, in my opinion, #2 Keaton Hampton, is not a player to overlook if the focus is on Cotton. This guy can run and Dunniway likes to go to him deep. And when the defense double teams both of these players, junior #8 Marcus Aponte is an athlete at WR and also the backup QB, will get his share of catches, too. I also expect #21 RB Dusty Frampton to carry the load in the backfield, but agree with the Record, that #22 Tre Jenkins at 6'1" 195lbs will be fun to watch carry the ball, too. Look for senior 5'9" 200lbs #3 Shawn Villegas to get his fair of touches at RB, as well. Also, I am hoping to see Yay-yay Cotton (sophomore), small like Dewey, get some touches, too.

Having much respect for Serra, I anticipate a shootout. And, it's sounds as though the defense is questionable for both teams, so I will be picking St. Mary's to win this shootout 42-35. But, honestly I am thinking it could be a coin-toss.

Growing up in San Mateo and the nuns wanting me to go to this all-boys school to move on to St. Patrick's Seminary and become a priest, I chose to attend San Mateo High School, instead. What a mistake, as I heard the girls at Mercy and Notre Dame were much more wild than at San Mateo High School. Maybe if Sister Felipe at St. Timothy's did not push me so hard, I would have accepted the scholarship and been at Serra and would be rooting for Serra, instead. Instead, I will stick with my sons' alma mater and continue cheering for the Rams.

GO RAMS! RAMPRIDE forever!

I picked ur Rams at #10 in the Pick'em because I know a few years ago when I went to the Grant-St.Mary's game you said they had a very young team and they still kept up with that really good Grant team so I'm sure those then young players are seniors now so I believe this is the year for your Rams.

I picked Serra over St. Mary's because it's an away day game. Both teams have solid players and the team that makes the least amount of mistakes will be the winner. Since the game is being played on Serra's turf under conditions that St. Mary's isn't accustomed to (2pm Saturday game) I don't see them executing well enough to win. Had it been the fifth game of the season at St. Mary's I would picked the Rams in this contest by two scores. Like 35-24. Anyway, we will see how good or okay the Rams are straight out the box.

CT4L

I really think Folsom is going to surprise some people this year. Expect them to be dominant again. DO will be right there again though and may have a slight edge given they return 3/4 of there starters and there excellent QB Smart.

I agree Larry. Folsom is the team to beat in the SFL and SJS for that matter and are top Dawgs in SJS until beaten by SJS team. Very interested to see how they reload after Sr. losses and how they play without one of their key coaches. That said I'm thinking the Folsom/DO game will be quite different this year vs last and can't wait for that one. This is one of the strongest early season DO teams I have seen in many years and boy I want revenge:).

Cort D'Lane busted DO's chops a few years back. Hoping Dawgs take apart Court D'Lane.

I agree Larry. Folsom is the team to beat in the SFL and SJS for that matter and are top Dawgs in SJS until beaten by SJS team. Very interested to see how they reload after Sr. losses and how they play without one of their key coaches. That said I'm thinking the Folsom/DO game will be quite different this year vs last and can't wait for that one. This is one of the strongest early season DO teams I have seen in many years and boy I want revenge:).

Cort D'Lane busted DO's chops a few years back. Hoping Dawgs take apart Court D'Lane.
In 2011 they beat the brakes off Whitney of Rocklin 55-6. Don't sleep on the French Fries state.

CT4L

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT