ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Open Division seeding????

Not consistent? How Sway?

20-3
1 pt loss to Clovis West
2 pt loss to Folsom
both top 20 teams in California
awful game vs Heritage -- no excuses.

No one else has stayed within 20 all year.

Pretty damn consistent in my book.
Regular season yes--playoff season we will see.
By the way, TigerStancil (McClatchy asst. coach)--was that 1/18 game against Grant played? No score posted yet. Also, what happened to the previously scheduled 1/23 game against Folsom?

oh thats a coach? Trying to impress board to go for open? Do all coaches get on here to blow up there team and players too every year? havent seen any other teams doing this but didnt see board until this season began.

Not a McClatchy coach but four best wins are Whitney 67-41, (Lost to Folsom by 3), Bishops 74-51 (Beat SJND) Oakland 75-29 (Beat BOD) & Cathedral Catholic (Played Redando tough)

Agree! Sac High is unbeatable when their shots are falling, and when they take good quality, open shots. Their shot selection is critical. They can look awful when these two elements are not working. Interestingly, McClatchy this season is also like Sac High. McClatchy shot around 24% in its awful lost to Heritage--a tribute to Heritage's defense, but also McClatchy couldn't make even open looks that day. They are not as consistent this year.
And yes, Sac High will be losing all their key starters after this season, and 6 of 14 are Seniors. This is their year to win a section title, at a minimum.
Honestly, most of the teams rely on the 3 point shot more and more. Whether it is McClatchy, Sac, Antelope, Bear Creek, Folsom, if their outside shots aren’t falling, all of these teams are susceptible to a loss against each other. There are just not many dominant post players any longer, every one wants to shoot the long ball. The drive and kick for 3 is a major part of high school basketball. With a bad shooting night, any of the top teams can lose in playoffs.

Regular season yes--playoff season we will see.
By the way, TigerStancil (McClatchy asst. coach)--was that 1/18 game against Grant played? No score posted yet. Also, what happened to the previously scheduled 1/23 game against Folsom?

No that game(Grant) was rescheduled for Feb 7. There was an unrelated incident at a Grant/McClatchy soccer game that caused us to postpone.

oh thats a coach? Trying to impress board to go for open? Do all coaches get on here to blow up there team and players too every year? havent seen any other teams doing this but didnt see board until this season began.

Trying to impress the board for an Open invitation is laughable. Our coaching staff is of the idea that we'd have to win the section for an invite not convince a bunch of guys on a message board and while an Open invite would be nice I'm on board with Coach Sean in his thinking of let the private schools have the open and us public schools will battle it out in the divisions. That being said there are some incredibly knowledgable guys on this board and I've learned a ton by reading the commentors here.

I'm just a guy that's obsessed with (girls) basketball and I quite obviously have a rooting interest. Feel free to disagree with me, I'm all for a spirited debate all ask that you bring them FACTS.

Reactions: Paytc
Trying to impress the board for an Open invitation is laughable. Our coaching staff is of the idea that we'd have to win the section for an invite not convince a bunch of guys on a message board and while an Open invite would be nice I'm on board with Coach Sean in his thinking of let the private schools have the open and us public schools will battle it out in the divisions. That being said there are some incredibly knowledgable guys on this board and I've learned a ton by reading the commentors here.

I'm just a guy that's obsessed with (girls) basketball and I quite obviously have a rooting interest. Feel free to disagree with me, I'm all for a spirited debate all ask that you bring them FACTS.
Good luck to you guys Coach! As of now, looking like you could be possibly a 3 or 4 seed in playoffs, so will most likely have to go on the road in semi-finals which could be tough. (I myself am looking ahead to a possible rematch with Folsom in semi-finals. I will definitely want to watch that one.) And I hear that the SJS Section finals this year will be at Golden 1 instead of UOP. I will definitely be there to watch if that is the case.

Reactions: TigerStancil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT