ADVERTISEMENT

'21-'22 Preseason Thread

Including Central Section teams as they can be placed in North regionals and not knowing who has beat who so far (preseason ranking):
1) St. Mary's
2) Mitty
3) Clovis West
4) Salesian
5) Pinewood
6) San Ramon Valley
7) Folsom
8) O'Dowd
9) Carondelet
10) Antelope
11) St. Ignatius
12) Oak Ridge
13) Clovis
14) Piedmont
15) Del Oro

One of the Best true Pg's I have ever watched play basketball and a Soph from Campo that played on Cal Stars that can play.
Congrats you should be a proud pop. I heard some of the other transfers won't be eligible this season but guess we'll find out soon enough.

Congrats you should be a proud pop. I heard some of the other transfers won't be eligible this season but guess we'll find out soon enough.
Go Talana go! We’re winning NorCal open this year.

Go Talana go! We’re winning NorCal open this year.
Congrats Dad! Your daughter has to be very good (in the classroom and on the court) to get a scholarship from Stanford! Good luck this season. Look forward to seeing the Cougars compete against the likes of Mitty, Pinewood and St. Mary's Stockton.

Congrats Dad! Your daughter has to be very good (in the classroom and on the court) to get a scholarship from Stanford! Good luck this season. Look forward to seeing the Cougars compete against the likes of Mitty, Pinewood and St. Mary's Stockton.
I’m not actually her dad Lol. But I stand by my statement. She’s on of the best PGs I’ve seen play in the girls game

I’m not actually her dad Lol. But I stand by my statement. She’s on of the best PGs I’ve seen play in the girls game
you must have not been watching a lot of girls basketball. Norcal has produced a lot of Amazing PG's

Jackie Gemelos (best player IMHO) to come out of Norcal
Danielle Robinson
Alexis Gray-Lawson
Renee Robinson
Brittany Boyd

Just to name a few.

you must have not been watching a lot of girls basketball. Norcal has produced a lot of Amazing PG's

Danielle Robinson
Alexis Gray-Lawson
Renee Robinson
Brittany Boyd

Just to name a few.
True true. I don’t really know the game. Just some person that likes watching the sport 🤷‍♀️

Good call LBJ6. Do we include Fresno in Norcal?

My preseason rankings would be as follows:
1. St Marys
2. Mitty
3. Salesian
4. Carondelet
5. Pinewood
6. SRV
7. Bishop O'Dowd
8. Folsom
9. Piedmont
10. St Ignatius

Would love to hear thoughts.
Nice list but what about adding Oakland Tech …

Danielle Robinson
Alexis Gray-Lawson
Renee Robinson
Brittany Boyd

Just to name a few.
yea buddy wildin... she isnt even close to the level of these 5.

I saw them all, and I've seen Talana. Jackie Gemelos is by far the best point guard, and likely the best player, ever from this area.

Reactions: GBBall4L
Not an OG enough to say I have watched any of those gals play in person.
Jackie Gemelos could have a 30for30 about her.. she was a special special talent and got riddled with injury. Still ended up making a career in the pro's despite the setbacks. Graduated in '06 as likely the top recruit in the nation and didnt play a college game until '10... wow.. 5 ACL tears and countless surgeries.. could have been a classic "what if" story, but she still made it happen and that still impresses me...

Jackie Gemelos could have a 30for30 about her.. she was a special special talent and got riddled with injury. Still ended up making a career in the pro's despite the setbacks. Graduated in '06 as likely the top recruit in the nation and didnt play a college game until '10... wow.. 5 ACL tears and countless surgeries.. could have been a classic "what if" story, but she still made it happen and that still impresses me...
oh im sure it'll be a 30 for 30 story. no doubt in my mind! absolutely amazing player and I believe would have been in the GOAT conversation had she stayed healthy!

Reactions: OnBall8
In respect to top Pg out of nor Cal, I do not see how you could have left out a certain player? Yes she was and still is a PG. Won multiple state titles with her team. was named Cal player of the Year, Made 3 WNBA All Star teams. A WNBA ttile and recently a Gold medel at the Olympics. Candice Parker named her and she is still referred to as the " Point Gawed". Gemelos was the best Player in High School, but this unnamed person was the best Point Guard coming out of Nor Cal. No one could match her in respect to court vision and being able to see and hit any player on any part of the court.

Oh one might even consider Sabrina Ionescu as a point as well although she is not the player I was referrring too. Sabrina was listed as an off guard but she basically controled the ball so that would quaify her as a Point.

In respect to top Pg out of nor Cal, I do not see how you could have left out a certain player? Yes she was and still is a PG. Won multiple state titles with her team. was named Cal player of the Year, Made 3 WNBA All Star teams. A WNBA ttile and recently a Gold medel at the Olympics. Candice Parker named her and she is still referred to as the " Point Gawed". Gemelos was the best Player in High School, but this unnamed person was the best Point Guard coming out of Nor Cal. No one could match her in respect to court vision and being able to see and hit any player on any part of the court.
of course chelsea gray is in the convo too!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT