ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas Challenge At Sheldon

DG fair enough but if you go back and read posts try and find where i rave about Sheldon. This young team has yet to prove anything but best believe ill be the first one to let loose if they make it happen in the next 2 years. Some of these kids have been through alot of BS caused by some jealous vindictive adults. Many board members on here made many statements about the program being dead and finished for years. Tonight starts the new chapter as Elijah Duplechan and Andrew Viray will get to suit up. Only time will tell but this time bomb is waiting to EXPLODE. As far as knowing the Kids i know absolutely nothing about AAU basketball other than what i read about Nike EYBL etc. I couldnt even tell you what teams any of the kids play on from Sheldon or any other schools for that matter

The reason Sac has not won sections in D2 is because those teams unlike those teams in the past where not championship teams. They were good, but there was a drop off for 2 years. Although they did not do a total rebuild they took a step back. Last years team was clearly the second best team in sac before Solomon Young got hurt, They lost to Capital 2 times and El Cerrito before his injury. They were all Sophs last year and they would have been tough to beat in D2 regardless how Folsom was playing. They took a big blow with the Finch transfer and have recovered. D2 is clearly the toughest in sjs this year. Sheldon will win games with their guard play but have nothing in the paint to protect the rim. But unless your playing against an elite level inside guy in high school ball good guards will win games. Yes i know you beat Cantwell with their bigs and i praised you for it.(LOL) Folsom is rounding into shape now that Finch is settling in, his production is increasing game by game. They are starting to look like a championship team. Will be big fun come league championship and playoff time. I tell you what, no high seeded D2 coach wants to see Cordova, Grant, Antelope, coming to their gym in 1st or 2nd round.

Except that if playoff brackets were released today Grant doesnt make playoffs and Cordova would fall to D3

D1 would include Sheldon, PG,Jesuit,Woodcreek,Franklin,River city,Kennedy and Granite Bay

D2 right now would include Sac,Folsom,Modesto Christian,St Marys,Cosumnes oaks,Bear Creek and Antelope

D3 would include Burbank,Cordova Christian Brothers,Vandenand Vallejo

HEAT. Im sure you know the basics of the playoff picture but what you are describing still doesnt explain why, for instance last year in D2 there were at least 10 extra teams playing to get into the top 16 bracket. If only the top 16 teams according to enrollment that qualify for the playoffs make the D1 bracket and teams 17-32 will make D2, then why have those "play-in" games?

I think last year any team in SJS that had 15 wins automatically got a play in game. The new formula eliminates that.

i think

the 15 wins was year before last. Last year top 3 teams in each league made it cause Woodcreek missed playoffs with 18 wins after being 4th in league. play-in games resulted because teams knew their div before the season started.

Re: i think

Originally posted by Coach FJ:
the 15 wins was year before last. Last year top 3 teams in each league made it cause Woodcreek missed playoffs with 18 wins after being 4th in league. play-in games resulted because teams knew their div before the season started.
that explains it.

Re: i think

LAst year the Delta River and The Tri City got 4 teams and everyone else 3. Tri city power ranking was high due to St Marys girls. Stagg at 10-18 made playoffs as did 4th place PG in Delta River at 12-15

happy0005.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT