ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Mahaney

Jun 8, 2022
So I've seen this kid play several HS games, and he is very talented, but I wasn't sure how his skill set was going to translate to the next level. After watching him Saturday night against Gonzaga, I'm on the Kiddman32 bandwagon! He hit big shot after big shot! Impressive

I get it. The consensus here is he becomes the next Rocky Balboa or Jerry Coonie! Lol. The fact of the matter is the kid is a solid player that's had a long-time relationship with his current coach. He's given the green light to take 20 shots a game. Which without a doubt helps. Not many on any level are allowed to take as many shots unless they are shooters like Jimmer Fredette, Mahmoud Abdul Rauf or Curry, which he is not.
In my opinion, his jumper needs improvement and athleticism is suspect.
I wish the kid well, just my observation. He's got the politics going in his favor, hopefully he takes full advantage and becomes all he can be!

Mahaney’s proven it on the court and wins at both HS and his freshman year against solid competition. Can’t put metrics on it but wins. The kid is special.

lol all the black dudes hating on this kid, that’s when you know you’re legit

Mahaney’s proven it on the court and wins at both HS and his freshman year against solid competition. Can’t put metrics on it but wins. The kid is special.
His metrics would tell you Moses Scurry is talking out of his ass, especially with his “mediocre” jumper that statically which is scientific proof says it is the opposite of mediocre

Why do some folks on this board always find an angle to throw shade at a young person’s success? How does politics equate to success/wins on the court? Let’s just enjoy this young man’s journey.

Reactions: MC415
where did anyone mention politics?

Quote the great Moses Scurry

“I wish the kid well, just my observation. He's got the politics going in his favor, hopefully he takes full advantage and becomes all he can be”

I'd say he's doing just fine

I get it. The consensus here is he becomes the next Rocky Balboa or Jerry Coonie! Lol. The fact of the matter is the kid is a solid player that's had a long-time relationship with his current coach. He's given the green light to take 20 shots a game. Which without a doubt helps. Not many on any level are allowed to take as many shots unless they are shooters like Jimmer Fredette, Mahmoud Abdul Rauf or Curry, which he is not.
I wish the kid well, just my observation. He's got the politics going in his favor, hopefully he takes full advantage and becomes all he can be!
Can you name some current true freshmen that are making a bigger impact for their respective teams? I don't follow college basketball as rabidly as I used to, but I haven't heard any big chatter from the Jay Bilas's or Dick Vitale's about any current true freshman anywhere

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and recognize a gamer. He’s a baller. That’s all I know.

Moses scurry still parking cars for the shark on the strip.

Reactions: MC415 and eja0623
25 games, he's taken 20 shots once

Can you name some current true freshmen that are making a bigger impact for their respective teams? I don't follow college basketball as rabidly as I used to, but I haven't heard any big chatter from the Jay Bilas's or Dick Vitale's about any current true freshman anywhere

quit a few and all play in big 6 conferences.
i aint knockin him 1 bit because i know exactly what it takes to get to his level.
just giving you the names.

Reactions: remc and MC415
Very good players who were either were 5-star/McDonald’s All- Americans or 4-star players. Mahaney didn’t even sniff the HM list.

Very good players who were either were 5-star/McDonald’s All- Americans or 4-star players. Mahaney didn’t even sniff the HM list.
anyone can be a mcd nominee. they take all who apply.
i simply shared a list of those who are doing it equal or better. i dont think you get more credit for being less capable, and we all know rankings are more about popularity than anything.

lol all the black dudes hating on this kid, that’s when you know you’re legit
Why would I be hating on the kid? 90% of the NBA is black. The way I see it, when there's one halfway decent white guy that comes up, the train comes thru to make him the next Larry Bird. I loved Fredette, JJ Ridick, Abdul Rauf, Curry. I like pure shooters. Mahaney is not. Thats just my opinion. It don't matter how lily white he is. Matter of fact, the majority of St Mary's team is 90% white. How often do you see that? Do you think that's by accident? I doubt it. Thats the obvious route they choose to recruit. And the vast majority on this board will defend it. Man, I speak intelligently about basketball. I like Kyries game, but can't stand the way he bounces around from team to team and is always in some drama. So for me it's not about black or white. Its just me expressing my personal opinion on certain players. Half of you probably aint never played a JV basketball game in your lives, so keep on jawjackin like Stephen A Smith (but I'll give him credit, at least he played the game).

Jordan Pope - Oregon State University and a local bay area kid. He's doing very well.

Reactions: ayalar09
Why would I be hating on the kid? 90% of the NBA is black. The way I see it, when there's one halfway decent white guy that comes up, the train comes thru to make him the next Larry Bird. I loved Fredette, JJ Ridick, Abdul Rauf, Curry. I like pure shooters. Mahaney is not. Thats just my opinion. It don't matter how lily white he is. Matter of fact, the majority of St Mary's team is 90% white. How often do you see that? Do you think that's by accident? I doubt it. Thats the obvious route they choose to recruit. And the vast majority on this board will defend it. Man, I speak intelligently about basketball. I like Kyries game, but can't stand the way he bounces around from team to team and is always in some drama. So for me it's not about black or white. Its just me expressing my personal opinion on certain players. Half of you probably aint never played a JV basketball game in your lives, so keep on jawjackin like Stephen A Smith (but I'll give him credit, at least he played the game).
lets settle this then..
who is the greatest..
draymond green, stephan curry, MJ. magic, or brian scalibrine

Lets keep the focus on the players themselves. Aidan is having a very good freshman season for a Top 20 team. He's always been a winner/big game player and chose a spot where he can excel early. It is a good lesson for how to go about recruitment IMO

Jordan Pope is also playing well at Oregon State

Lets keep the focus on the players themselves. Aidan is having a very good freshman season for a Top 20 team. He's always been a winner/big game player and chose a spot where he can excel early. It is a good lesson for how to go about recruitment IMO

Jordan Pope is also playing well at Oregon State
so you are saying he wouldnt have excelled early in the big 12, big east or SEC early? that is the conversation we were having exactly.

Last edited:
so you are saying he wouldnt have excelled early in the big 12, big east or SEC early? that is the conversation we were having exactly.
That's not what I said. I said he chose well in terms of system and fit. No different than what Trae Young did at Oklahoma. Or what Jett Howard is doing this year at Michigan. More players would be better served finding a place they fit in well with the system and/or have a good comfort level.

I thought Aidan was a high major coming out of Campolindo. So yes, I think he would be able to excel early at any level if he was put in a good situation with the system. Which is really no different than just about any incoming freshman in the country.

Reactions: remc
I think Bennett loves them ausssies and most happen to be fair skinned. Not all. (Patty Mills). He seems to have a good thing going on so I can’t knock him.

Aidan is a stud. Last guy picked in open gym and he will remain on center court all day. He’s that guy yelling next.

Remy or MC415. Did you at least play freshman high school basketball yourselves? CYO? If you aint played at least 6th - 8th grade fall back. Lol.

I'm rolling with Jordan Pope! A little bit more STUDLIER.... He's leading the team as a freshman and playing the likes of big dawgs UCLA, Arizona, Washington & Oregon nightly. Thats a far cry from Santa Clara, San Diego, Peppertree (dine) & UOP. Sorry, it's just the truth.

• Haha
Remy or MC415. Did you at least play freshman high school basketball yourselves? CYO? If you aint played at least 6th - 8th grade fall back. Lol.

I'm rolling with Jordan Pope! A little bit more STUDLIER.... He's leading the team as a freshman and playing the likes of big dawgs UCLA, Arizona, Washington & Oregon nightly. Thats a far cry from Santa Clara, San Diego, Peppertree (dine) & UOP. Sorry, it's just the truth.
I didn’t live in the United States during 6-8th so we didn’t have CYO where I lived we played street ball in the barrio carnal, and nah I didn’t play in high school either I had to work like a real man after school to pay for my basics well being……..but you can catch me at Campbell Park every week if you wanna come out and ill assassinate your ankles hermano

If you used your brain at minimal functional level you would process the idea that more then 1 player can be lit……I use my brain and figured out Pope and Aiden are pretty dope ass players in their own rights and aren’t mutually exclusive……funny thing is you diss WCC this year but Cal is the worst team in the country and Colorado, Oregon state,Stanford, Wazzu, Washington are all pretty bad this year

Reactions: remc and observer22
I didn’t live in the United States during 6-8th so we didn’t have CYO where I lived we played street ball in the barrio carnal, and nah I didn’t play in high school either I had to work like a real man after school to pay for my basics well being……..but you can catch me at Campbell Park every week if you wanna come out and ill assassinate your ankles hermano

If you used your brain at minimal functional level you would process the idea that more then 1 player can be lit……I use my brain and figured out Pope and Aiden are pretty dope ass players in their own rights and aren’t mutually exclusive……funny thing is you diss WCC this year but Cal is the worst team in the country and Colorado, Oregon state,Stanford, Wazzu, Washington are all pretty bad this year
Just like I thought.... Streetball in the barrio carnal. Stop talking to me. And I have no idea where campbell park is, but I'd be happy to meet you there anyday this month. Hope you like XL Teabags! Cuz that's just what you're gonna get messing with me....

He’s certainly done much better this season than anyone had anticipated. Coach Bennett & Kiddman included.

Reactions: larry legend33

He’s certainly done much better this season than anyone had anticipated. Coach Bennett & Kiddman included.
but the statement was he was doing it better than anyone. then someone asked what or who were the others. doing it in the big 12 and sec gotta be more than doing it in the wcc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT