ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Mahaney

I didn’t live in the United States during 6-8th so we didn’t have CYO where I lived we played street ball in the barrio carnal, and nah I didn’t play in high school either I had to work like a real man after school to pay for my basics well being……..but you can catch me at Campbell Park every week if you wanna come out and ill assassinate your ankles hermano

If you used your brain at minimal functional level you would process the idea that more then 1 player can be lit……I use my brain and figured out Pope and Aiden are pretty dope ass players in their own rights and aren’t mutually exclusive……funny thing is you diss WCC this year but Cal is the worst team in the country and Colorado, Oregon state,Stanford, Wazzu, Washington are all pretty bad this year
so we arent worthy of manhood because we didnt have a job in high school? i wasnt allowed to have a job unfortunately.

but the statement was he was doing it better than anyone. then someone asked what or who were the others. doing it in the big 12 and sec gotta be more than doing it in the wcc.
I was just responding to Jordan’s post, and I ignored all those comments in between. The kid is special, but I don’t think anyone believes he’s the next Steph Curry. Nothing wrong with being a top player in the WCC.

I was just responding to Jordan’s post, and I ignored all those comments in between. The kid is special, but I don’t think anyone believes he’s the next Steph Curry. Nothing wrong with being a top player in the WCC.
oh, some think he is the next michael jordan. you should read up. but that guy also said issa silva, andre stoyakivic were too. and said ponderosa would win the open last year.

so we arent worthy of manhood because we didnt have a job in high school? i wasnt allowed to have a job unfortunately.
I’m just having fun, u can be whatever u want to be……everybodys’ situation in life is different

Nothing wrong with someone else not having the same passion about a player either. He's a solid player. As I stated before, SPECIAL is reserved for players like Mahmood Abdul Rauf (Chris Jackson) at LSU. Personally, I'm a little more selective when choosing my adjectives. Bobby Hurley, Jimmer Fredette, Kenny Anderson, Rick Barry, Pervis Ellison, Magic, Bird............. those guys were special in my book as college players.

Nothing wrong with someone else not having the same passion about a player either. He's a solid player. As I stated before, SPECIAL is reserved for players like Mahmood Abdul Rauf (Chris Jackson) at LSU. Personally, I'm a little more selective when choosing my adjectives. Bobby Hurley, Jimmer Fredette, Kenny Anderson, Rick Barry, Pervis Ellison, Magic, Bird............. those guys were special in my book as college players.
jordan, ewing, the dream, vince carter or lew alcinder cant even make your list dogg??!!

@MC415 i dont know where Campbell Park is either but every time i visit my dad still thinks it's 1986 and i can drive over to the Drake outdoor courts and find people running

Reactions: MC415
@MC415 i dont know where Campbell Park is either but every time i visit my dad still thinks it's 1986 and i can drive over to the Drake outdoor courts and find people running
thats amazing.. playing at the park is lost on todays kids.
i do see people playing at james logan high school on the outdoor courts, i also see people playing at a park in oakland on telegraph, and at the courts in berkeley on MLK

Reactions: remc and MC415
Campbell Park is the main park in downtown Campbell it has a great basketball runs everyday in the South Bay, pretty diverse crowd and it’s got a brand new play structures for my little man while i hoop

Reactions: SmoothJay
thats amazing.. playing at the park is lost on todays kids.
i do see people playing at james logan high school on the outdoor courts, i also see people playing at a park in oakland on telegraph, and at the courts in berkeley on MLK
Do they still run at Mosswood?

WTF are you? Calling me names out the blue. Meet me at Sobrane Park and you can get some of these nuttz too! Sound like a jackass huh? Mind your business son. And watch your mouth! Cuz I aint here to please not one clown on here. Im speaking my mind just like any one of you. This aint 1963 you idiot. Keep coming wit it. I can go all day! And i can back it up. can you. Meet me at the park. if my opinion makes you that mad, otherwise STFU!
But miss me with the name calling!
I don’t think anyone on here cares who pleases who. But out of 15 lifetime messages you have 9 on this one subject alone. And when it comes to the subject matter we are speaking of a local kid who has come our special his freshman year. I mean you thought Jimmy was special, this part of his career he averaged 7pts. Bobby Hurley 8pts.

Then you say he shoots 20 shots a game, he actually averages close to 13.

And you say he needs improvement, well he shoots close to 46 percent from the field and close to 42 percent from the three and 75 percent from the line. Hurley 35/35/76 and Jimmy 40/33/85.

Lastly what I find hilarious is that it doesn’t take one to play at a high level to know the game. I quit my junior varsity year to work and a few years later after being an assistant at a high level program I was offered a scouting job with the Toronto Raptors. Probably because what some people miss, is it doesn’t take all the flash and athleticism to make it to the NBA. Somebody brought up Mark Madsen. Some people think Liangelo Ball should be in the NBA and has a shot. Mad dog would have tore him up.

So with that said there is a concept here. Smart kid, knows the game. Did anyone think Jeremy Lin ever had a shot. Biggest upset in high school state history, hell yeah he did cause he went to Harvard. Paid off for him and it shocked the world.

As for St Mary’s they have three current guys in the league. So in my personal opinion, one who has watched Klay Thompson while the know it alls at Arco behind the court who thought he had to be overrated since he was only going to WSU, Aidan is headed in the right direction and is off to a fantastic start, especially to a few guys who even you called special who did not have better numbers as freshman.

Campbell Park is the main park in downtown Campbell it has a great basketball runs everyday in the South Bay, pretty diverse crowd and it’s got a brand new play structures for my little man while i hoop
real talk... ima pull up

Reactions: MC415
I don’t think anyone on here cares who pleases who. But out of 15 lifetime messages you have 9 on this one subject alone. And when it comes to the subject matter we are speaking of a local kid who has come our special his freshman year. I mean you thought Jimmy was special, this part of his career he averaged 7pts. Bobby Hurley 8pts.

And you say he needs improvement, well he shoots close to 46 percent from the field and close to 42 percent from the three and 75 percent from the line. Hurley 35/35/76 and Jimmy 40/33/85.

Lastly what I find hilarious is that it doesn’t take one to play at a high level to know the game. I quit my junior varsity year to work and a few years later after being an assistant at a high level program I was offered a scouting job with the Toronto Raptors. Probably because what some people miss, is it doesn’t take all the flash and athleticism to make it to the NBA. Somebody brought up Mark Madsen. Some people think Liangelo Ball should be in the NBA and has a shot. Mad dog would have tore him up.

So with that said there is a concept here. Smart kid, knows the game. Did anyone think Jeremy Lin ever had a shot. Biggest upset in high school state history, hell yeah he did cause he went to Harvard. Paid off for him and it shocked the world.

As for St Mary’s they have three current guys in the league. So in my personal opinion, one who has watched Klay Thompson while the know it alls at Arco behind the court who thought he had to be overrated since he was only going to WSU, Aidan is headed in the right direction and is off to a fantastic start, especially to a few guys who even you called special who did not have better numbers as freshman.
to be fair... hurley played for a little different team and his job was a little different.

Aiden M has been very impressive. IF I had to make a comparison of someone else in terms of his game, I would say Steve Nash. the way he finds angles to the basket to get off his shot definitely reminds me of Nash at SC. He looks like he will be the best guard at St Mary's since Jordan Ford. Ford had a truly outstanding career at SmC (but for Covid would have been the school's all time leading scorer) but there is no question that Aiden's frosh year is stronger than Jordan's. IN fact, I do not recall Nash having as strong a frosh year either (but he was a two time WCC player of the year)

Moses, if you look behind the burning bush, you will find Pete Maravich.

Here's wishing you great hoops

• Haha
Reactions: kiddman32
For any freshmen to have success is to have the confidence of the coaching staff and being comfortable in the system you can be as talented as all outdoors but if you are playing on pins and needles and not being allowed to play thru some mistakes would
Be hard to sustain confidence Aidan clearly
Has the confidence and has taken advantage of the opportunity and has played well happy for the young man !

Reactions: remc and Streak One
to be fair... hurley played for a little different team and his job was a little different.
Agree 100 percent. Completely different situation. But with his intelligence of the game, he may just shock more people as he progresses. As a coach you couldn’t ask for a better situation with a frosh that you know you can develop over the next few years. I mean the kid hits a game winner on the road at BYU. He was 1-10 at one point against the Zags and came to life and led that victory. What more could one expect. Lots of Bay Area kids been thru Moraga. This one is shining which is awesome in my book.

oh, some think he is the next michael jordan. you should read up. but that guy also said issa silva, andre stoyakivic were too. and said ponderosa would win the open last year.
I’ve seen him play numerous times. I don’t need to read up on what others are saying.

Reactions: larry legend33

whats up w scarrys fascination with his nuts? i'll pass jr

Can you name some current true freshmen that are making a bigger impact for their respective teams? I don't follow college basketball as rabidly as I used to, but I haven't heard any big chatter from the Jay Bilas's or Dick Vitale's about any current true freshman anywhere
lol!

Oh you are super intelligent. or so u think. thats good for you. A players college numbers dont always mean they will have an NBA career. See Juan Anderson. After all the nonsense you said. I'm still rolling with Jordan Pope! And Hurley was a different player on a different team. Question for you? How you gonna be a NASCAR analyst if you've never driven a car top speed or been in a race? Or be a doctor if you've never stitched a person up? Me personally, I'll listen to the doctor with real experience. If i cant speak from experience on a subject, I'll just fall back. I wasnt a hockey player, what do i look like speaking on it like I'm an expert. Let alone knocking someone else for his or her opinion. Like i said, whether ive had 1 post or 300. its my opinion. and im not sorry it doesnt agree with yours. nor do i care!

Oh you are super intelligent. or so u think. thats good for you. A players college numbers dont always mean they will have an NBA career. See Juan Anderson. After all the nonsense you said. I'm still rolling with Jordan Pope! And Hurley was a different player on a different team. Question for you? How you gonna be a NASCAR analyst if you've never driven a car top speed or been in a race? Or be a doctor if you've never stitched a person up? Me personally, I'll listen to the doctor with real experience. If i cant speak from experience on a subject, I'll just fall back. I wasnt a hockey player, what do i look like speaking on it like I'm an expert. Let alone knocking someone else for his or her opinion. Like i said, whether ive had 1 post or 300. its my opinion. and im not sorry it doesnt agree with yours. nor do i care!
Who said you couldn’t roll with Jordan. Did anyone on here say that. And what does being a doctor or bringing up nascar have to do with prep basketball. You made comments about Aidan that were not true. 45 percent from the field and 42 percent from the three is solid. You said he took 20 shots a game. That is way off. So it’s not about who knows more or who is intelligent and this ain’t a site of who does what for a living. However when it comes to the world of HVAC yes I consider myself intelligent. When it comes to high school basketball and kids moving on, I tend to say whoa is Randy Bennet allowing this kid to take 20 shots a game. Truly easy to figure that one out. And trust me that didn’t take any bit of intelligence to do so.

Oh and one lay thing. Juan Anderson, love that guy. He is one Bay Area kid that never gave in or up. Kind of goes hand in hand since he is one of very few Bay Area kids to go far away, stay 4 years and not get homesick. He took advantage of every opportunity and it paid off for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
If St Mary's plays beyond the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament, Aidan will become a household name nationally.
Beyond the first weekend puts them in the Sweet 16. Beyond the 2nd weekend puts them in the Final 4. While that would be awesome, it’s just not going to happen.

Who said you couldn’t roll with Jordan. Did anyone on here say that. And what does being a doctor or bringing up nascar have to do with prep basketball. You made comments about Aidan that were not true. 45 percent from the field and 42 percent from the three is solid. You said he took 20 shots a game. That is way off. So it’s not about who knows more or who is intelligent and this ain’t a site of who does what for a living. However when it comes to the world of HVAC yes I consider myself intelligent. When it comes to high school basketball and kids moving on, I tend to say whoa is Randy Bennet allowing this kid to take 20 shots a game. Truly easy to figure that one out. And trust me that didn’t take any bit of intelligence to do so.

Oh and one lay thing. Juan Anderson, love that guy. He is one Bay Area kid that never gave in or up. Kind of goes hand in hand since he is one of very few Bay Area kids to go far away, stay 4 years and not get homesick. He took advantage of every opportunity and it paid off for him.
HSWizeirdo73. Let's stick to what you know then. Can you tell me what the 6 different types of HVAC systems are and the lifespan of each? How does an oil furnace work? And do you recommend?

And for the record: Jordan Pope, he's my man. If he can't do it no one can!

HSWizeirdo73. Let's stick to what you know then. Can you tell me what the 6 different types of HVAC systems are and the lifespan of each? How does an oil furnace work? And do you recommend?

hot, cold, medium, sort of hot, sort of cold, none

You guys are killing me.
Nobody Said mahaney was the Next MJ and I don’t know where the Chris Jackson stuff started coming up. He had one of the best frosh campaigns ever. I’m just happy Aidan is playing well and exceeding most of our expectations. (Maybe not his). Be happy for the kid.

It’s not easy to get in rotation at st marys as a true frosh. Bennett’s guys mostly are System 3-4 year players. Ford had to wait for his turn.

That’s all I’m saying. March is around the corner and the stars are about to shine.

Reactions: jordan24
You guys are killing me.
Nobody Said mahaney was the Next MJ and I don’t know where the Chris Jackson stuff started coming up. He had one of the best frosh campaigns ever. I’m just happy Aidan is playing well and exceeding most of our expectations. (Maybe not his). Be happy for the kid.

It’s not easy to get in rotation at st marys as a true frosh. Bennett’s guys mostly are System 3-4 year players. Ford had to wait for his turn.

That’s all I’m saying. March is around the corner and the stars are about to shine.
Exactly I was looking for that as well, maybe someone did and it got erased. Yet I highly doubt it

Reactions: jordan24
Exactly I was looking for that as well, maybe someone did and it got erased. Yet I highly doubt it
Nobody called him anything remotely close to that. Kiddman loves him like a son and hey it’s hard to knock him for that! As a hooper you gotta love his passion and charisma. All is well in the evil empire

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT