ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Mahaney

It goes with the territory, I mean hell he takes 20 shots a game and needs to work on his jum
Oh here comes your junior varsity level analytics again. Lol. I never got my HVAC question answered. Guess you just glazed over that one. Was it over your head big man? At the end of the day, I'm just having fun. Ruffling so many feathers with an opinion.... I love it.

He still needs to work on his jumper Rickhead! LMAO......

I don’t understand why race has to get brought up 😂 this kid is a stud. He’s a freshman making a big impact at a small local school. I’m pretty sure Randy Bennett would take any and all top recruits no matter their color if they would look at a small school like SMC. But his realistic recruiting market is small. This kid is balling out right now and we have grown men being salty over the attention he is getting. Why not be happy for the kid instead of making it seem like he’s only getting this attention because he’s a white kid. 😂 “you never even played jv” 😂 who cares we’re grown now and most of us clearly weren’t good enough to play at a high level accept it and move on haha

Oh here comes your junior varsity level analytics again. Lol. I never got my HVAC question answered. Guess you just glazed over that one. Was it over your head big man? At the end of the day, I'm just having fun. Ruffling so many feathers with an opinion.... I love it.

Oh wonderful HVAC. After 31 years in and starting as a teenager, and living a life I never dreamed of, ah yeah, it went way over my head.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why race has to get brought up 😂 this kid is a stud. He’s a freshman making a big impact at a small local school. I’m pretty sure Randy Bennett would take any and all top recruits no matter their color if they would look at a small school like SMC. But his realistic recruiting market is small. This kid is balling out right now and we have grown men being salty over the attention he is getting. Why not be happy for the kid instead of making it seem like he’s only getting this attention because he’s a white kid. 😂 “you never even played jv” 😂 who cares we’re grown now and most of us clearly weren’t good enough to play at a high level accept it and move on haha
Bingo! Just be happy for the kid. And he’s probably “one” of the best freshman in the country. Does that mean he’s one of the top nba prospects? No. Is he the best fresh? Probably not. Is he in an elite class of fresh. Yes.
Done. Move on.

@Moses_Scurry , I may not agree with all you say but I gotta love your handle. I was a huge fan of that era and not many wouldn’t even know scurry. The screams on his 3-4 dunks nightly we’re amazing.

whats the point of having this if everyone is supposed to agree?
life is boring if all think alike.
You're absolutely right. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. And while this whole topic has caused many in this forum to be bent out of shape, it's been fun & hilarious to me! And I still stand my ground on two things:
  1. The kid can play, BUT he aint the greatest thing since sliced cheese. Give me a break! Lol.
  2. And for many of these Dick Vitale wannabes in this forum that got so upset & outraged, just remember this. I bet it hurts inside. LMAO:

You're absolutely right. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. And while this whole topic has caused many in this forum to be bent out of shape, it's been fun & hilarious to me! And I still stand my ground on two things:
  1. The kid can play, BUT he aint the greatest thing since sliced cheese. Give me a break! Lol.
  2. And for many of these Dick Vitale wannabes in this forum that got so upset & outraged, just remember this. I bet it hurts inside. LMAO:

ha thats a good one! its 2023 but its still 1963 in my house, right nutzz lover?

lol all the black dudes hating on this kid, that’s when you know you’re legit
Not cool to generalize and to that I take offense.

I am a black dude from Richmond and I agree on the former Chris Jackson being something special at LSU, yet I also think Mahaney can play.

I saw the kid his freshman year leading Campo at state, two years after I’d finished 11 seasons of writing for this very site, and I’m still rooting for him to do well as I would for all others with local roots.

Let’s look to keep it like that…….

Last edited:
Not cool to generalize and to that I take offense.

I am a black dude from Richmond and I agree on the former Chris Jackson being something special at LSU, yet I also think Mahaney can play.

I saw the kid his freshman year leading Campo at state, two years after I’d finished 11 seasons of writing for this very site, and I’m still rooting for him to do well as I would for all others with local roots.

Let’s look to keep it like that…….
Yeah this is the exactly the thoughts of most, the kid from Campo can play even if he’s not Chris Jackson ……..but as you can tell from the overall tone of this thread up to that point we was just talking some ish…….my bad if the “lol” didn’t make that clear in my post

Yeah this is the exactly the thoughts of most, the kid from Campo can play even if he’s not Chris Jackson ……..but as you can tell from the overall tone of this thread up to that point we was just talking some ish…….my bad if the “lol” didn’t make that clear in my post
@MC415 ,not in your dna. I know what you meant also. 👍.

It'll b all good for me when St Marys gets some more brothas on the team! And when there's more diversity of the CIF selection committees. And when there's more diversity on this played out message board. Thats right I said it! Malcom X baby. It'b black history month! And I'm representin to the fullest.

no idea what the 1 drop rule is…

but yeah, Aidan has said that his mom is half black in an interview.

no idea what the 1 drop rule is…

but yeah, Aidan has said that his mom is half black in an interview.
you went to high school in america and you were not taught that?

In the United States, the “one-drop rule” — also known as hypodescent — dates to a 1662 Virginia law on the treatment of mixed-race individuals. The legal notion of hypodescent has been upheld as recently as 1985, when a Louisiana court ruled that a woman with a black great-great-great-great-grandmother could not identify herself as “white” on her passport.

Personally, I do not think that SMC needs to get more black players on their team any more than John Thompson Jr. needed to get more white guys on his teams.
Don’t remember If I heard that in school, but then they invented the wheel during my junior year…
Someone should send this entire thread to schools in Florida, since they are not allowed to teach much of anything in their schools anymore that in anyway shows the blatant racism that has existed in the USA for hundreds of years and their govt seemingly wants to ban anythng in the schools that does not reflect their perceived greatness of white people. These Florida folks just used their so called anti woke statute to ban from schools and place under review biographies of Hank "Pork Chop" Aaron and Roberto Clemente. Very sad state of affairs when the students of one of our largest states cannot be properly educated about American history.

That being said, Aiden M has truly had a great freshman year and is a big reason why SMC is ranked in the top 20 and has a chance to win the WCC and make a good run in March Madness. The frosh is averaging 15 points a game, shooting 41% from 3 and is likely the most impact frosh in the whole WCC and one of the best in the west. If you watch SMC play, you can also see that he makes an impact as a leader on the floor, despite being just a frosh and rises in big moments.

It is disappointing to me that at least some people cannot respect that we have a local kid, who stayed home, that is making a big positive impact on the regional and even national college hoop scene, and that at least some of that lack of respect appears to be because of the color of his skin. There is no question in my mind that there is e a lot of racism, and gross inequities out there at all levels that still need substantial fixing and attention, but none of that is a reason to denigrate A. Mahaney's season, talents or achievements. When I see posts on here making light of the "one drop rule" and attempts at trying to analyze whether or not Mahaney is really black, that only highlights and heightens the problems.

Personally, I do not think that SMC needs to get more black players on their team any more than John Thompson Jr. needed to get more white guys on his teams.

Someone should send this entire thread to schools in Florida, since they are not allowed to teach much of anything in their schools anymore that in anyway shows the blatant racism that has existed in the USA for hundreds of years and their govt seemingly wants to ban anythng in the schools that does not reflect their perceived greatness of white people. These Florida folks just used their so called anti woke statute to ban from schools and place under review biographies of Hank "Pork Chop" Aaron and Roberto Clemente. Very sad state of affairs when the students of one of our largest states cannot be properly educated about American history.

That being said, Aiden M has truly had a great freshman year and is a big reason why SMC is ranked in the top 20 and has a chance to win the WCC and make a good run in March Madness. The frosh is averaging 15 points a game, shooting 41% from 3 and is likely the most impact frosh in the whole WCC and one of the best in the west. If you watch SMC play, you can also see that he makes an impact as a leader on the floor, despite being just a frosh and rises in big moments.

It is disappointing to me that at least some people cannot respect that we have a local kid, who stayed home, that is making a big positive impact on the regional and even national college hoop scene, and that at least some of that lack of respect appears to be because of the color of his skin. There is no question in my mind that there is e a lot of racism, and gross inequities out there at all levels that still need substantial fixing and attention, but none of that is a reason to denigrate A. Mahaney's season, talents or achievements. When I see posts on here making light of the "one drop rule" and attempts at trying to analyze whether or not Mahaney is really black, that only highlights and heightens the problems.
its the internet. you will always be disappointed, u just cant let it disappoint you. we just here for fun, after all...ok nevermind i wont say that line again streak. lollllllllllllllll
but hey it did help someone learn something. kiddman now knows an important part of history that he was never taught. now when he is at the next sheldon, dublin, inderkum, o dowd, moreau, vallejo, pittsburg game he can spark up conversation.

st marys will flame out in the tournament not because mahaney is great, but because the league is so awful.

Reactions: Moses_Scurry
this board is solid because we love hoops and watch HS hoops... rarely if at all is race discussed.... scurry shows up and starts with players ethnic background. cant they just be kids playing hoops... why talk race? As Dr King said judge a man by his character not the color of his skin...... Scurry remains and proven to be a jackass again

this board is solid because we love hoops and watch HS hoops... rarely if at all is race discussed.... scurry shows up and starts with players ethnic background. cant they just be kids playing hoops... why talk race? As Dr King said judge a man by his character not the color of his skin...... Scurry remains and proven to be a jackass again
i mean king said that but clearly its an issue. see san ramon valley vs dublin. so just to not talk about it doesnt mean it isnt a thing.

RWCCAPTAIN42, you're a 100% pure clown! Race will always be an issue... Just see the one-sided uproar over this thread. And you Pennywise the Clown, seem to be the most bothered the topic. In my opinion you are the epitome of The Makings of a Varsity Athlete!

lost to 2 tournament teams. not bad, but he does look like he is struggling early with his shot. it happens. everyone at his level can defend

Yup, Aidan is in quite a slump…. Hope he shakes out of it soon…

The Gaels are definitely not playing well, look totally off rhythm.

Part of this is injury-related, Ducas is really banged up…. and Marciulonis seems to be hampered with some sort of hip tightness.

And they miss their defensive leader, Johnson.

Hopefully the game doesn’t start rattling around inside their heads; many guys seem hesitant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT