ADVERTISEMENT

Alumni Watch

Not a player but Wayne Hunter the former coach at Miramonte I seen he is the Director of Operations at UC Riverside
Was a great player at Valley High in Sacramento along with Memphis Roburt Sallie. Wayne had a good career at St Marys. Had some family tragedies and has persevered. Congrats to him .

Damari Milstead (Moreau Catholic) had 24 points and six assists and Jamaree Bouyea (Palma) had 18 points in San Francisco's 107-62 win over Long Beach State.

On Tuesday in St. Mary's 73-61 win over UTEP. Souley Boum (Oakland Tech) had 21 points in the loss. Tydus Verhoeven (Manteca) started and played 17 minutes and finished with six points.

Moreau's Oscar Frayer's 12 points, 9 rebounds, 2 swats and a steal helped Grand Canyon University to a hard-fought 87-77 win over a solid Univ. of Nevada team.

This makes the GCU record 4-0, but their next game is vs. Arizona State Sunday. That's a whole new ball of wax.

Logan Johnson (St. Francis) scored 15 and grabbed 5 boards for the St. Mary's Gaels in 18 minutes as they blew out hapless San Jose State, who has plainly not gotten the memo from the football program...

Jade' Smith (St. Joe's) is averaging 10 points and 3 rebounds a game thus far for Pepperdine. He has started all five games for the 3-2 Waves.

Arizona beat UTEP 69-61

For Arizona, James Akinjo (Salesian) had 18 points, including 14-for-14 from the FT line. Jordan Brown (Prolific Prep/Woodcreek) had eight points and six rebounds.

For UTEP, Souley Boum (Oakland Tech) had 16 points and Tydus Verhoeven (Manteca) had eight points and four rebounds.

Watching Grand Canyon U play ASU right now...

30-29 GCU at the half. Oscar Frayer got into foul trouble very quickly and played maybe 5 minutes in the first half for GCU.

ASU is playing without Marcus Bagley (calf strain).

If interested... https://gculopes.com/watch/?Live=488&type=Live

I believe the game is on ESPN3 also. The GCU broadcast will also go up on YouTube (and may also be there live-streaming).

Even with very limited attendance (325 students plus band and cheer, and a whole lot of cardboard cut-outs), the atmosphere is terrific in that gym. For my money, in normal times it's one of the best game atmospheres in the country.

Ouch... Frayer gets his 4th on a charge on the first or maybe 2nd possession of the 2nd half, and will be sitting for awhile. It's now 34-33 GCU with 17:18 left.

Remy Martin nails a corner 3 to give ASU the lead 71-70 with 9 seconds left... GCU gets it downcourt and calls time with 6.2 seconds left... Desperation shot from 3 after they can't get it inside... rattles out.

Even though Oscar Frayer was a virtual non-factor in this one due to all the foul trouble, it was one heck of a game!

This'll tell ya how little I look at the NBA... D J Wilson, from Capitol Christian, is in his 4th year with the Bucks after his contract was extended to cover this year at 4.5 mil.

I had no idea.

He appears to play fairly minimal minutes, so this final contract year is sorta "make-or-break".

Juan Toscano-Anderson (Castro Valley) started and played 18 minutes for the Warriors last night in a preseason loss to the Sacramento Kings. Marquese Chriss (Pleasant Grove) had 17 points and nine rebounds off the bench

I didn't know Toscano-Anderson was from NorCal... A quick Wiki search shows that his high-school years were during the time I lived in Oregon. Nice to know!

I didn't know Toscano-Anderson was from NorCal... A quick Wiki search shows that his high-school years were during the time I lived in Oregon. Nice to know!

If I recall, Castro Valley won NCS D1 in 2011 and lost in the NorCal Final to DLS. I think that CV might have been the NorCal 1 seed in D1 that year as well.

If I recall, Castro Valley won NCS D1 in 2011 and lost in the NorCal Final to DLS. I think that CV might have been the NorCal 1 seed in D1 that year as well.

They were. Had some great battles with O'Dowd too. Beat De La Salle at St. Mary's College in sections. Were up in the second half in NorCals against De La Salle before the Spartans were on a big run to close it out.

That was a really fun team

Toscano-anderson, and Roderick bobbit
Were fun to watch at Castro valley
I believe that team was coached by Nick Jones who is now at Monte vista.

Reactions: MC415
M. Chriss is looking real nice here in the Warriors' final preseason game. 9 points and 12 rebs in 19 minutes so far early in the 4th. All that raw athleticism we saw back in his days at Pleasant Grove is looking polished now...

From earlier this week, UTEP beat Arizona State (still without Bagley) 76-63. Souley Boum (Oakland Tech) had 18 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. Tydus Verhoeven (Manteca) had 10 points on 5-for-6 shooting and 9 rebounds

Toscano-anderson, and Roderick bobbit
Were fun to watch at Castro valley
I believe that team was coached by Nick Jones who is now at Monte vista.

Yeah that was a nice squad Nick had that year. Bobbit was the top player at the time, with Anderson (before Toscano was added) and Chris Reed not far behind.

Making his Frenso State debut after transferring from Cal Poly, Junior Ballard (Modesto Christian) had 17 points on 5-for-7 shooting with six rebounds and two steals in a win over Fresno Pacific

San Francisco beat Grand Canyon 68-65.

Jamaree Bouyea (Palma) had 17 points, four rebounds and three assists. He was 6-for-12 from the field.

Oscar Frayer (Moreau Catholic) had 14 points and four rebounds for Grand Canyon.

From this weekend, UC Santa Barbara beat Pepperdine 75-63

For UCSB, Amadou Sow (Prolific Prep) had nine points and 12 rebounds. Robinson Idehen had three points and three rebounds off the bench.

For Pepperdine, Jade Smith (St. Joseph) had two points, five rebounds and three assists. Kendell Munson, who played for two years at Capital Christian, made his debut and had 16 points on 6-for-7 shooting.

Reactions: MC415
After a 9 month rehab, Robby Beasley played his 2nd college game against Arizona last night. Montana came up short by a score of 70-64.

Robby led Montana with 17pts, 5 of 9 in 23 mins Shot 2 for 3 from deep, went 5 of 5 from the FT.

James Akinjo led Arizona with 18pts in 37 mins. Shot 5 of 16 from field. Had 5 assists.

Jordan Brown had 15pts 5 of 5 in 22 mins 5 for 5 from the field and 6 rebs.

After a 9 month rehab, Robby Beasley played his 2nd college game against Arizona last night. Montana came up short by a score of 70-64.

Robby led Montana with 17pts, 5 of 9 in 23 mins Shot 2 for 3 from deep, went 5 of 5 from the FT.

James Akinjo led Arizona with 18pts in 37 mins. Shot 5 of 16 from field. Had 5 assists.

Jordan Brown had 15pts 5 of 5 in 22 mins 5 for 5 from the field and 6 rebs.

Logan Johnson (st francis} had a nice game against SDSU, where he should have gone from the start

UC San Diego had back-to-back wins over Saint Kathrine. Jake Killingsworth (Serra) is now at UCSD after starting 56 games at Columbia.

In the first two games, he is averaging 14 points on 71% shooting

Dishon Jackson (St. Patrick-St. Vincent) had five points and four rebounds in 17 minutes off the bench for Washington State, which beat Northwestern State 62-52. Washington State is 8-0.

Jackson has appeared in five of eight games as a freshman.

Reactions: RobbyRyan and MC415
Nbadraft.net has Marcus Bagley going 16 overall in the 2021 draft. Not bad at all.

Bad news for Marquese Chriss... Busted a stick in Warriors practice, and is likely out for the season.

Sheldon’s Josh Morgan cleared by NCAA to play at USC.

Might have been better for him to sit out this year. PT may be tough to come by playing behind the Mobley's.

U of Seattle gets a big night from NorCal'ers in their 84-68 win over U of Portland.

Darrion Trammell (St. Ignatius) scores 25 with 13 assists
Riley Grigsby (Mitty) scores 22 with 10 boards
Emeka Udenyi (DLS) scores just 4, but clears the boards 11 times

Nate Robinson (Sacred Heart/LasLomas) didn't play; he's only played once this season due to a sprained toe. I can only imagine just how good this team would be in-conference with a healthy Robinson back on board. Hope it happens...

San Francisco beat San Diego 70-62 on New Year's Eve.

Jamaree Bouyea (Palma) had 24 points, seven rebounds and five assists for the Dons.

Joey Calcaterra (Marin Catholic) had 14 points on 50 percent shooting and three rebounds for USD.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT