ADVERTISEMENT

Alumni Watch

Northern Colorado beat Montana 64-62

Tre'son Smoots (Grant) had 16 points, four rebounds and two assists for Northern Colorado

Robby Beasley (Dougherty Valley) had 12 points and five rebounds for Montana. Michael Steadman (Logan) had six points.

Solomon Young (Sacramento) had 11 points and five rebounds for Iowa State in a loss to No. 2 Baylor on Saturday.

On the year, he has started all seven games in averaging 11 points and five rebounds.

Reactions: observer22
Christian Terrell (Sacramento) had 26 points on 12-for-16 shooting with five rebounds and three steals in Sacramento State's win over Fresno Pacific. Looking at the above post, that group at Sacramento was really good.

Teiano Hardee (Vanden) had two points and three rebounds in 20 minutes off the bench

Big college basketball story as Boston University opened its season on Monday with the rule that all players must wear masks during athletic events. The local connection is Garrett Pascoe (Clayton Valley Charter) is on the roster. He played three minutes in the opener

Marcus Bagley played 41 minutes, scoring 11 and grabbing 11 boards as severely undermanned ASU took UCLA to OT before falling 81-75. ASU had 6 of their top players unavailable for play due to injuries, Covid, and in one case, bereavement.

Jamaree Bouyea (Palma) had 14 points, seven assists, five rebounds, three steals and three blocks in San Francisco's 88-64 win over Portland.

Damari Milstead (Moreau Catholic) had 10 points, two rebounds and three assists in 18 minutes off the bench

Hawaii beat UC Riverside 88-83

Zyon Pullin (College Park) had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Arinze Chidom (Bishop O'Dowd) had a team high 20 points for UC Riverside.

Jovon McClanahan (Salesian) played eight minutes off the bench for Hawaii.

Reactions: observer22
St. Mary's lost a tough one to Santa Clara just now, 66-64.

Mitty's Logan Johnson was spectacular for the Gaels, scoring a career-high 26 and making plays all over the court, including a terrific high-flying put-back tip slam.

Santa Clara is now 7-2, and has a few with NorCal ties on the roster, including Joe Foley from Menlo, Justin Traina from Modesto Central Catholic, Max Dorward from Paly , and DJ Mitchell from Buchanan (Fresno) via Wake Forest. I don't normally pay any attention to the Broncos, but with all the NorCal guys, I'm gonna hafta monitor them.

btw... St. Mary's had two major rotation players unavailable, probably contributing to the extra minutes and touches Johnson got tonight. However, I'm sure he's earned himself a bigger role with the Gaels after this performance, even after the team returns to full strength.

James Akinjo's 25 points was not quite enough to topple my UCLA Bruins... 81-76 final.

Seattle U blasted Saint Martin's by a 98-63 count... Riley Grigsby with 24 and 6 boards, Darrion Trammell with 17 and 7 dimes, and Emeka Udenyi with 11 and 11 boards.

Northwest Nazarene upset Portland State 75-72.

Gabe Murphy (Modesto Christian) had 18 points, seven rebounds and five blocks for NW Nazarene.

Elijah Hardy (BIshop O'Dowd) had seven points and three rebounds in 14 minutes off the bench.

Paul Scruggs (Prolific Prep) is averaging 13 points, six assists, three rebounds and nearly two steals per game for Xavier.

Boise State is 11-1 and Abu Kigab (Prolific Prep) has been one of their best players. He is averaging 13 points, five rebounds, two assists and more than a steal per game.

He signed with Oregon before transferring to Boise State.

Gabe Vincent (St. Mary's Stockton) had 24 points for the Miami Heat in a 137-134 overtime loss to the 76ers.
Great to see a local product who has just grinder since high school and stayed the course and make it to the league.

Speaking of St. Mary's of Stockton, Bryce Johnson started 5 of 7 games for Sacred Heart University(CT) averaging 22 minutes, 6 points and 8 rebounds per game as a freshman.

Reactions: Streak One
Sam Houston State stayed perfect in the Southland with a 96-71 win over Lamar on Wednesday.

Bryce Monroe (Riordan) had 15 points and 5 assists in 21 minutes off the bench.

Reactions: MC415
Sam Houston State stayed perfect in the Southland with a 96-71 win over Lamar on Wednesday.

Bryce Monroe (Riordan) had 15 points and 5 assists in 21 minutes off the bench.

Hes scored in double digits the last 3 games. He's having a great freshman season. I think he made the right choice going to Sam Houston St. They are giving him Playing Time, and hes taking full advantage.

Someone said Coleman Hawkins was first man off the bench for Illinois.....nah I think he meant to say Bryce Monroe is the first man off the bench for Sam Houston St.!

Seattle U lost a tough one in OT to Utah Valley, 93-92. Trammell scored 26 and Grigsby 20, but both fouled out. Udenyi added 6 for the Redhawks.

Jaden McClanahan plays for Utah Valley (news to me, can't catch 'em all) and had a rough time in 17 minutes off the bench. 1 point, 3 TO's and 4 fouls. He did grab 3 boards and a pair of steals.

Meanwhile, over at Grand Canyon University, where Moreau's Oscar Frayer plays, the 'lopes blew out hapless Bethesda by a 121-62 count. Frayer only played 13 minutes due to the blowout being by all accounts over by midway thru the first half, but during that short stint he scored 10, had 3 assists and a rebound... and two of his patented high-flying dunks and a spectacular swat.

Frayer redshirted with an injury last year and started slowly this season as he looked for his form, but in his last three games that bounce and swagger has started to return.

Hes scored in double digits the last 3 games. He's having a great freshman season. I think he made the right choice going to Sam Houston St. They are giving him Playing Time, and hes taking full advantage.

Someone said Coleman Hawkins was first man off the bench for Illinois.....nah I think he meant to say Bryce Monroe is the first man off the bench for Sam Houston St.!
no, i meant what i said. that game he was the first man off the bench.

Andre Kelly (Lincoln-Stockton) had 11 points and nine rebounds for Cal in its 72-63 road win over Utah

Tejon Sawyer (Salesian) is averaging almost 10 minutes per game for Cal Baptist as a freshman. He is contributing three points and three rebounds per game

St. Mary's beat San Francisco 67-63

For St. Mary's, Logan Johnson (St. Francis) had 20 points, four rebounds and three assists. He played 36 minutes

For USF, Jamaree Bouyea (Palma) finished with 21 points, seven rebounds and four assists. He also passed 1,000 career points.

San Diego State beat Air Force 91-59

Keshad Johnson (San Leandro) had two points, seven rebounds and three assists

Cade Alger (Ripon Christian) played the final two minutes and had four points and two rebounds

Pepperdine beat BYU 76-74

Jade Smith (St. Joseph) had four points, three rebounds and two steals. On the year, he is averaging 7 points, three rebounds and nearly two assists per game.

Fresno State beat New Mexico 64-62

Junior Ballard (Modesto Christian) had 18 points and four rebounds in the win.

Grand Canyon beat New Mexico State 70-62 to stay perfect in the WAC

Oscar Frayer (Moreau Catholic) had eight points and 5 rebounds.

Chance McMillian (Bethel/Golden State Prep) had five points and three rebounds off the bench.

Andre Kelly (Lincoln-Stockton) had 15 points and 7 rebounds for Cal in a 70-55 loss to Stanford

On Saturday, UC Davis beat Cal State Northridge 75-63

For Davis, Cameron Ba (St. Joseph) and Ezra Manjon (Heritage) both started and combined for 22 points.

At Northridge, Alex Merkviladze (Modesto Christian) had 16 points and seven rebounds off the bench

Pepperdine beat San Francisco 76-68

For Pepperdine, Jade Smith (St. Joseph) played 30 minutes off the bench and had six points, nine rebounds, five assists and two steals.

For USF, Damari Milstead (Moreau Catholic) had eight points in 22 minutes off the bench. Isaiah Hawthorne (Tracy) had 13 points on 3-for-6 shooting with three rebounds.

Arizona beat Oregon State 70-61

James Akinjo (Salesian) had 14 points, three rebounds and three assists. Jordan Brown (Woodcreek/Prolific Prep) had nine points, seven rebounds and two blocks off the bench

Sam Houston State improved to 16-6 with a win over Central Arkansas on Saturday.

Freshman Bryce Monroe (Riordan) had 13 points and two assists off the bench

Reactions: CityVibesII
Sacramento State beat Cal Baptist 70-69

For the Hornets, Will FitzPatrick (Vista del Lago) had 15 points and four rebounds. Christian Terrell (Sacramento) had eight points in 35 minutes as a starter. Zach Chappell (Capital Christian) had seven points and four rebounds off the bench

Eastern Washington beat Montana 90-76

Montana freshman Robby Beasley (Dougherty Valley) had a game high 25 points in 30 minutes off the bench

Reactions: Renard Monroe
I have caught a few CSU Bakersfield games on tv. Shawn Stith from Fremont High in Oakland has started each game. He got hurt last night. Knee injury but couldnt find anything.

He and the big kid at Oakland Tech had some real battles their high school careers.

Reactions: MC415
I have caught a few CSU Bakersfield games on tv. Shawn Stith from Fremont High in Oakland has started each game. He got hurt last night. Knee injury but couldnt find anything.

He and the big kid at Oakland Tech had some real battles their high school careers.

I’m ucsb alum and fan that Bakos team is tough......that was a tough loss it looked semi serious

Btw how about the Gauchos 15-3 let’s see if they can finish off a Big west tournament it’s been a long time

UC San Diego beat UC Riverside 83-82

For UC San Diego, Jake Killingsworth (Serra) had 11 points and three rebounds.

For UC Riverside, Zyon Pullin (College Park) and Arinze Chidom (Bishop O'Dowd) each had 19 points in the loss

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT