ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Riordan’s 2023-24 Non League Schedule

Gridley is always an awesome tournament. It goes beyond basketball as the entire Gridley community embraces the visiting teams. It's a great experience for the players.
I had hoped that Riordan would have been paired with an out of area team (i.e. St. Joseph's, Crean Lutheran, Notre Dame) at the MLK though, as they may see Salesian at the Gridley tournament.

Reactions: EthanRKassel
yes, its cool and all. but when you have a D1 college roster, you probably should test yourself versus nationally ranked teams. gridley will always be there. this roster with future pros wont come around too often.

yes, its cool and all. but when you have a D1 college roster, you probably should test yourself versus nationally ranked teams. gridley will always be there. this roster with future pros wont come around too often.
Riordan may not be in a National tournament, but Bishop Gorman & Centennial are usually ranked nationally. Also remains to be seen the teams that will play in the Crusader Classic.

They will also be at the Border League in Vegas this month under their club team moniker, SFBC.

It looks like the 1/20 game is part of the Crush in the Valley

Gorman will not be a nationally ranked team this year. All their top players transferred out .

Corona Centennial will be at Napa Valley College I believe and the card will also include a Prolific Prep Game. If you combine those three teams, that’s about 15-20 D1 prospects between 3 teams.

Hating on the Gridley for all the wrong reasons. Stuart Hall would play at this tournament in Boonville or some place and they would win each game by 25-30, but it was the experience. Everyone in the town shows up. You sign autographs after the game. It’s the environment just as much as it’s about the team’s participating.

Corona Centennial will be at Napa Valley College I believe and the card will also include a Prolific Prep Game. If you combine those three teams, that’s about 15-20 D1 prospects between 3 teams.

Hating on the Gridley for all the wrong reasons. Stuart Hall would play at this tournament in Boonville or some place and they would win each game by 25-30, but it was the experience. Everyone in the town shows up. You sign autographs after the game. It’s the environment just as much as it’s about the team’s participating.
not hating. but a once in a lifetime team like riordan will trot out should want to battle versus the best in the best tournament possible. granted this team came together after the schedule and fees were paid probably so that aint their fault.
but playing versus the best from texas, georgia, dmv, florida and winning that would carry a lot of weight compared so a 11 year old asking for an autograph.
you will get just as many tik tok followers playing at les schwab or beach ball classic as playing in gridley

Reactions: ayalar09
I loved that Les Schwab tourney when I lived in Oregon…. went every year but one, 1996 to 2012…. saw a bunch of players who eventually made it to the NBA.

I love the Gridley tournament, too. There is room in December to play there and also go to a big national-level event on another weekend…

Reactions: Eastbayhoops
Found it…. in Eastvale, Riverside County.

They went 23-7 last year. Played in the same league as Corona Centennial.

Beat SRV and Jesuit in the Classic at Damien last year.

Found it…. in Eastvale, Riverside County.

They went 23-7 last year. Played in the same league as Corona Centennial.

Beat SRV and Jesuit in the Classic at Damien last year.
They added a few players in off season including national top 20 junior Brayden Burries. They will be a top 10 team in the state.

I loved that Les Schwab tourney when I lived in Oregon…. went every year but one, 1996 to 2012…. saw a bunch of players who eventually made it to the NBA.

I love the Gridley tournament, too. There is room in December to play there and also go to a big national-level event on another weekend…
they have their own tournament and gridley. so probably would have to drop gridley or they would be over the game max. it aint happening but that is why i was saying that one should be replaced

they have their own tournament and gridley. so probably would have to drop gridley or they would be over the game max. it aint happening but that is why i was saying that one should be replaced

The travel cost involved to travel from SF to LA with a basketball team is enormous. Traveling around the country, it’s why only a select few are capable of doing it year in and year out (Corona-Centennial, Bishop Gorman, Duncanville, TX) a lot of the schools capable of doing it have a football program to generate a ton of revenue from as well. Riordans football is much improved and getting better, but not nearly as good or big as the other three schools mentioned above.

I was blessed this past year to travel around the country with Prolific Prep and I’ll tell you, it is not cheap, even when the event gives you free hotel rooms, free airfare, etc. there are still rental vans, plus food. It’s why at the end of every event, no matter how big or small we always made sure to:

A) Leave the locker rooms/sideline cleaner than we found it.

B) Have the team and coaches thank each staff for putting on each event

The travel cost involved to travel from SF to LA with a basketball team is enormous. Traveling around the country, it’s why only a select few are capable of doing it year in and year out (Corona-Centennial, Bishop Gorman, Duncanville, TX) a lot of the schools capable of doing it have a football program to generate a ton of revenue from as well. Riordans football is much improved and getting better, but not nearly as good or big as the other three schools mentioned above.

I was blessed this past year to travel around the country with Prolific Prep and I’ll tell you, it is not cheap, even when the event gives you free hotel rooms, free airfare, etc. there are still rental vans, plus food. It’s why at the end of every event, no matter how big or small we always made sure to:

spirit.com
motel6.com
goldencorral.com

and ask draymunnnn to pitch in for the rest. although MC made it happen last year, hell my poor inner city school makes it happen.

Good arguments both ways, “go national” or not…

But in any case, these games plus the always-tough WCAL slate and the playoffs is an excellent schedule.

Also, what teams are in the Crusader Classic, the same level with mostly beatable teams plus one or two strong ones for the other side of the bracket, or a tougher overall group?

Maybe they cranked their own tourney up a notch or three…

spirit.com
motel6.com
goldencorral.com

and ask draymunnnn to pitch in for the rest. although MC made it happen last year, hell my poor inner city school makes it happen.

1) Any school (high school/college/etc.) that flies Spirit should have their school license revoked for putting those kids in danger.

In all seriousness, cheaper to fly a southwest that allows 2 free bags per person and other airlines allow 1. Probably the hardest part is getting everyone’s gear from point A to point B.

2) Do not hate on Motel 6. They have actually improved a ton. When I was coaching. We never stayed at anything close to a Motel 6. Usually whoever hosts supplies the lodging. But this is not for all events.

3) Golden Corral….nothing like filling up on Fried Shrimp, French fries and unlimited soft serve before/after the big game. Nutrition is literally the biggest thing for a team. To not only help fuel them for the short haul, but the long haul as well. Giving a basketball team Golden Corral is a kin to having a Ferrari and filling it with regular gasoline.

By “draymunnn”, I assume you mean Draymond Green? If so, why?

He donates a lot to Michigan State, but why would he donate to a high school around here unless he has a kid that goes there…

I recall Aaron Gordon's senior year, Mitty played Lone Peak (UT) in the Spalding Hoophall Classic in Massachusetts and got smoked 81-46 on ESPN.

1) Any school (high school/college/etc.) that flies Spirit should have their school license revoked for putting those kids in danger.

In all seriousness, cheaper to fly a southwest that allows 2 free bags per person and other airlines allow 1. Probably the hardest part is getting everyone’s gear from point A to point B.

2) Do not hate on Motel 6. They have actually improved a ton. When I was coaching. We never stayed at anything close to a Motel 6. Usually whoever hosts supplies the lodging. But this is not for all events.

3) Golden Corral….nothing like filling up on Fried Shrimp, French fries and unlimited soft serve before/after the big game. Nutrition is literally the biggest thing for a team. To not only help fuel them for the short haul, but the long haul as well. Giving a basketball team Golden Corral is a kin to having a Ferrari and filling it with regular gasoline.
well ayalar.. i wasnt able to attend a ritzy private school such as THE R or THE HALL. us in south central had to get it how you live.
and there will be no slander allowed of the greatness that is golden corral!!!
there are plenty of protein, salad, and pasta options.
as for spirit, i did it to vegas just cuz it was day of or before and that is about as long of a flight as i can handle. but a secret is.. you can walk up to the counter at spirit and buy a ticket for 20.00 to vegas and they will let you take a bag for free. however i am 6'6 so those little seats dont work to well for me.
motel 6 where i am from is probably not safe.

Last edited:
By “draymunnn”, I assume you mean Draymond Green? If so, why?

He donates a lot to Michigan State, but why would he donate to a high school around here unless he has a kid that goes there…
cuz he is BAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. didnt curry buy the oakland tech girls sneakers?

cuz he is BAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. didnt curry buy the oakland tech girls sneakers?
If you mean buying you mean gifting his signaure shoes that are free to him because as a sponsored athlete he gets everything he wants from the catalog for free. He ought to be gifting those to the other OAL teams in the not such great areas of the 510. Tech is doing just fine where they are.

If you mean buying you mean gifting his signaure shoes that are free to him because as a sponsored athlete he gets everything he wants from the catalog for free. He ought to be gifting those to the other OAL teams in the not such great areas of the 510. Tech is doing just fine where they are.
i couldnt do it. the under armour joints feel like ima run right out of them. and they look trash too

Also got smoked by 30 points against Salesian that year

The Utah high school basketball teams are not too be messed with.

In my opinion if you were to say which state had the most underrated high school basketball, my first thought would be Utah.

Just a ton of good competition and unlike CIF teams they are allowed to play anyone they want!

The Utah high school basketball teams are not too be messed with.

In my opinion if you were to say which state had the most underrated high school basketball, my first thought would be Utah.

Just a ton of good competition and unlike CIF teams they are allowed to play anyone they want!
i have an idea why.... lots of built up pressure

Haha . You can board players last I checked in 2019 was 58000+2500 incidentals and 35000 tuition per year for international students. That’s over 100,000 per year. But it is ENORMOUS cost to go to LA . LMAO
Also I guess it’s Sheldon Football that allows the hoop team to go to Gridley, Idaho, Vegas and LA this year with previous stops in North Carolina , New Orleans , Kentucky, Illinois, San Diego , Palm Springs and multiple trips to Vegas and LA.

Last edited:
Haha . You can board players last I checked in 2019 was 58000+2500 incidentals and 35000 tuition per year for international students. That’s over 100,000 per year. But it is ENORMOUS cost to go to LA . LMAO
Also I guess it’s Sheldon Football that allows the hoop team to go to Gridley, Idaho, Vegas and LA this year with previous stops in North Carolina , New Orleans , Kentucky, Illinois, San Diego , Palm Springs and multiple trips to Vegas and LA.
I don't think travel costs are an issue but rather scheduling. Riordan is not in the regular rotation of the Damien Classic, Torrey Pines Tourney, etc. They did travel to Texas a few years back for a December tourney, and they have gone to the Section 7 Summer Tournament in AZ the last 2 years, as well as the Border Tourneys in AZ during COVID and they will be going to the Border League Preseason Showcase in Las Vegas next week under their club name SFBC. Their bracket includes Cathedral Catholic, La Costa Canyon, Crossroads, Cleveland HS-NM, Desert Pines-NV, Liberty HS-NV, Casteel HS-AZ, Canyon View-AZ, Ironwood HS-AZ to name a few.

The 1/6 game is part of the Coastal Catholic Classic at Crypto.com Arena (fka Staples Center) in Downtown LA. De La Salle is playing in that event's featured game against Notre Dame Sherman Oaks!

Reactions: larry legend33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT