ADVERTISEMENT

Bellarmine vs. Folsom Poll

Bellarmine vs. Folsom. Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing! As I posted earlier, I hoped Bells would win but expected Folsom to take the game. But all I have to say now - Wow NorCalSports. how did you think BCP could win and did public predict a BCP win.

Great game from both teams.

I have to mess with you a little bit, blow them out by two scores or more? Bells line play is no match? Bells speed can't match-up with the Folsom athletes?
PAL, cmon now, show some class. SFL fans had only seen Bells on film and are just really enthusiastic about their teams--which is awesome. You and I, and others, already knew what teams in the WCAL were made of, no need rubbing anything in anyones faces.

Folsom players seemed to not be able ar ready to handle a physical game. Looking for calls that weren't there, getting out hit hats off to the Bells.

Amazing game! Was rooting for the WCAL, but still wanted to see a great game, and we got it! Imcredible 2nd half! Congrats Bells!

Don't be sad, jimmy. Your Del Oro Golden Eagles advanced to next weeks state championships.
Great game! Congrats to fellow WCAL brother, Bellarmine! Great team, excellent coaching! Good luck in State!

That INT by the Bells was beautiful! The refs missing the Folsom pass interference (announcers saw it too) on the Bells prior series on offense I guess wasn't enough help. Oh well. Great game! Well deserved win by the Bells.

Sorry Folsom. My 4th failed coin flip! Dang! Major congrats to Bellarmine! Good luck at state!

PAL, cmon now, show some class. SFL fans had only seen Bells on film and are just really enthusiastic about their teams--which is awesome. You and I, and others, already knew what teams in the WCAL were made of, no need rubbing anything in anyones faces.
Read what I wrote in my first line."I have to mess with you a little bit"

All kidding aside, congrats to Folsom on a very good season! You have a very good team and very good coaches.
Good luck next year!

The WCAL physical style of football was too much for the flag football style SFL.

Sounded like a great game played by two great schools. Almost every regional game I've seen a score for has been a close game. The regional aspect of this new playoff system's been quite successful. I guess we'll see how things shake out next weekend.

Edit. And by successful I mean the games have been close.
Totally agree with ya sarpar. The fans are getting what they've wanted. Better yet they're getting their monies worth out of these contest.

I've seen a couple of missed holding calls or Folsom.
Yeah, I'm surprised the refs allows so many missed holding calls. But in another way, Im also glad the refs didn't try to become the star player of this regional bowl game/

Agreed. The Folsom INT at the end killed them. The Bells wanted it more. They are well deserving. Go tear up the south!

GO BELLS! Way to rep the CCS and WCAL! Bells had a lot of guys step up to make big plays, standouts were Fernandez and Garcia on offense, Bringuel and Bergstrom on defense. Reminds me a bit of of the team that played Santa Margarita in 2011...undersized guys playing both ways that didn't really pass the eye test, but competed on the field as hard as anyone.

Folsom was every bit as advertised as well. Eric Davis and Tre Green can make plays with the best of them and Jake Jeffrey has a hell of an arm and can throw deep and accurate. I can see with those quick scoring drives how they could put up some serious points throughout the season. Can only imagine what it did with Dano Graves and Jake Browning.

Last edited:
Great game. Caught the end. Wow. Hats off to bellarmine. Pretty hard program not to get behind. They do it with class.

The two turnovers cost Folsom another shot at State. Seems as if the Bells were better prepared for this game. Janda and his staff outcoached Richardson and Taylor.

Reactions: RodneyPete45
This is the best game I have ever seen.

It doesn't beat the 2009 Folsom v. Del Oro or Grant v. Rocklin games for me, but it was damn good.

The WCAL flexes it's muscles!! Great game from start to finish Folsom and the SFL. WCAL, toughest league in Nor Cal.

Stop it. This was a fantastic game. Leave it at that.

This one game didn't decide league superiority anymore than when Del Oro beat Serra and Granite Bay beat St. Ignatius a couple years back.

SFL fans had only seen Bells on film and are just really enthusiastic about their teams--which is awesome. You and I, and others, already knew what teams in the WCAL were made of, no need rubbing anything in anyones faces.

Not true at all. You should know better. There were several SFL fans, myself included, that warned not to take the Bells lightly. I personally have seen the Bells play a lot over the years and saw them first hand in Loomis earlier this season. I saw Martig will his team to victory. Love watching that kid play ball.

Folsom players seemed to not be able ar ready to handle a physical game. Looking for calls that weren't there, getting out hit hats off to the Bells.

Again, stop it. Bellarmine won a fantastic ballgame. Leave it at that. Neither team was more physical than the other. If you think so, you don't understand what you were watching.

This was an evenly matched game that one team had to lose. Both teams and programs should be proud. We, as fans, were treated to a couple hours of football at it's purest. You can't ask for a better game.

The two turnovers cost Folsom another shot at State. Seems as if the Bells were better prepared for this game. Janda and his staff outcoached Richardson and Taylor.
Tough way to go. Driving in Bells territory to win the game and you throw a pick. Wasn't meant to be. Game of inches.

Either way great game on both sides. Two first class programs. Can't ask for more.

Good luck Bells. This old Pete is rooting for u at State!

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life

Nah, I don't agree at all. Folsom was driving for the winning score prior to the INT. Had he not overthrown the pass and Folsom scored and won, it wouldn't have suddenly meant that Janda was outcoached or that Folsom out hit the Bells.

Even after the turnover and subsequent score by Bellarmine, Folsom was still was one play away from possibly tying or winning the game (had they gone for 2). Again, had that happened, it wouldn't have changed anything.

This was an evenly matched game between two stellar programs. Nothing more, nothing less. Somebody had to lose and tonight it was Folsom.

How much you wanna bet that Taylor and Richardson will be on the phone in the upcoming weeks trying to get a rematch next year or the year after? :)

[QUOTE="

Not true at all. You should know better. There were several SFL fans, myself included, that warned not to take the Bells lightly. I personally have seen the Bells play a lot over the years and saw them first hand in Loomis earlier this season. I saw Martig will his team to victory. Love watching that kid play ball.
.[/QUOTE]

No Thunder, I have to disagree with you. The majority of SFL fans on this blog subjected WCAL and CCS fans to some harsh criticism and didn't give them a shot in hell. While you may be an exception, most SFL fans were harsh in their critiques while many CCS and WCAL fans sat on their hands.

Nah, I don't agree at all. Folsom was driving for the winning score prior to the INT. Had he not overthrown the pass and Folsom scored and won, it wouldn't have suddenly meant that Janda was outcoached or that Folsom out hit the Bells.

Even after the turnover and subsequent score by Bellarmine, Folsom was still was one play away from possibly tying or winning the game (had they gone for 2). Again, had that happened, it wouldn't have changed anything.

This was an evenly matched game between two stellar programs. Nothing more, nothing less. Somebody had to lose and tonight it was Folsom.

How much you wanna bet that Taylor and Richardson will be on the phone in the upcoming weeks trying to get a rematch next year or the year after? :)
From the outside looking in that's what it felt like. I wasn't at the game and didn't see it live on television but the two turnovers had to make a difference somewhere in this contest. Had the Bells turned the ball right back over to the Bulldogs I'm sure that would have swung the scoring in Folsom direction instead of the Bells in the 2nd Q. Going up 14-7 in the second quarter seemed to be huge. And then they received the ball in the second half.

No Thunder, I have to disagree with you. The majority of SFL fans on this blog subjected WCAL and CCS fans to some harsh criticism and didn't give them a shot in hell. While you may be an exception, most SFL fans were harsh in their critiques while many CCS and WCAL fans sat on their hands.

There are knuckleheads everywhere. Don't be one in return and generalize. Yes, there were some overconfident Folsom/SFL fans. I was not one of them. Neither was smashmouthrick or several others.

When pressed for a score prediction, I said 7-10 points. I was spot on. I just had the wrong team. :)

As I said all week long, it was hard to pick against Folsom until they finally lost. That's the only reason I went that direction. But I also said that it wouldn't shock me in the least if the Bells won. And I've been saying all season that I thought Folsom was beatable. CVC nearly did it. Rocklin had them down at half and close to more early 3rd QTR.

But Folsom did the same thing tonight that they did all season. They found a way to fight back. And they nearly pulled it off again against a top flight program.

Honestly, I don't want to hear any chest thumping from WCAL fans or excuses from SFL fans. It cheapens the game we just saw. You'd be hard pressed to see a much better game.

Reactions: bella123
[QUOTE="

No Thunder, I have to disagree with you. The majority of SFL fans on this blog subjected WCAL and CCS fans to some harsh criticism and didn't give them a shot in hell. While you may be an exception, most SFL fans were harsh in their critiques while many CCS and WCAL fans sat on their hands.[/QUOTE]
Agreed and that's why I had to take a sarcastic shot back. We have been keyboard battling all week! Lol

Great game....but please lay off the "bruising power WCAL shows its best league in Nor Cal" , or "SFL is just too soft". Its so transparent and short-sided. Im not sure how anyone who watched that game can say anything except GREAT FRICKING GAME. If those teams played 10 games, I'd predict 10 nail biters. And really, that game was a single overthrown INT away from "SFL Dominance" (which would've also been ignorant statement). A number of huge key plays....Folsom missed chip shot FG before halftime. A missed hold to break a big run for Bulldogs. BP converting a huge 3rd & 18 when game was 28 All. Folsom converting huge 4th down play on initial drive to take 7-0 lead. Each of those plays went against the odds, and could have led to different outcomes.

That was simply a great football game with a number of clutch plays on both sides.

My two cents:
-its hard to watch Folsom give Bells Offense a short field on first 4 kick offs. I know the always do it, doesn't make it smart.
-I respect Bells program and understand their power game wins...but it's just not fun to watch (although this game was VERY watchable)
-Good Luck next week BP!

There are knuckleheads everywhere. Don't be one in return and generalize. Yes, there were some overconfident Folsom/SFL fans. I was not one of them. Neither was smashmouthrick or several others.

When pressed for a score prediction, I said 7-10 points. I was spot on. I just had the wrong team. :)

As I said all week long, it was hard to pick against Folsom until they finally lost. That's the only reason I went that direction. But I also said that it wouldn't shock me in the least if the Bells won. And I've been saying all season that I thought Folsom was beatable. CVC nearly did it. Rocklin had them down at half and close to more early 3rd QTR.

But Folsom did the same thing tonight that they did all season. They found a way to fight back. And they nearly pulled it off again against a top flight program.

Honestly, I don't want to hear any chest thumping from WCAL fans or excuses from SFL fans. It cheapens the game we just saw. You'd be hard pressed to see a much better game.
Agreed. Amazing game.

I still think (despite all the confidence this week) that just the fact that Folsom was able to reach the regional bowl game after losing 21 of 22 starters is amazing in itself. It should be noted.

On the note- there was a more deserving team on the field tonight. And that was the Bells. It was they're year.

Pete

Reactions: ThunderRam

Well this is a message board and there is no chest bumping here, just a quick sarcastic remark to someone who was boasting how Folsom would roll the Bells. It's all in good fun and if that really effects you then I don't know what to tell you.

[QUOTE="

No Thunder, I have to disagree with you. The majority of SFL fans on this blog subjected WCAL and CCS fans to some harsh criticism and didn't give them a shot in hell. While you may be an exception, most SFL fans were harsh in their critiques while many CCS and WCAL fans sat on their hands.[/QUOTE]

First off congrats to Bells, I honestly thought folsom would win this game.

WCAL and CCS fans? How can you root for a whole league, let alone a section? How do you determine which section to root for? Lame!

Reactions: RodneyPete45
From the outside looking in that's what it felt like. I wasn't at the game and didn't see it live on television but the two turnovers had to make a difference somewhere in this contest. Had the Bells turned the ball right back over to the Bulldogs I'm sure that would have swung the scoring in Folsom direction instead of the Bells in the 2nd Q. Going up 14-7 in the second quarter seemed to be huge. And then they received the ball in the second half.

The turnovers were key. But they had zero to do with coaching or preparation. While a good reaction by the Bells LB'er, the 1st INT was a fortunate play. Jeffrey threw a perfect pass in stride and the WR just didn't make the catch and, instead, knocked the ball up in the air. Just the way the ball bounces sometimes. But it really should have been caught by the WR.

The 2nd INT -- which obviously was decisive as it took Folsom out of the drivers seat -- was solely on Jeffrey. He had the receiver open on a deep corner pass but over threw the ball which was picked off by the safety over the top. Again, nothing to do with coaching or preparation. Just a miss by the QB, who would have been better served making a more conservative throw given field position and time on the clock.

But, at the same time, it's hard to criticize Jeffrey when he was throwing it so well the 2nd half. The kid threw for over 400 yards and was running it well the last couple drives.

Well this is a message board and there is no chest bumping here, just a quick sarcastic remark to someone who was boasting how Folsom would roll the Bells. It's all in good fun and if that really effects you then I don't know what to tell you.

If you want to rub somebody nose in their overconfident prediction, fine. More power to you. But you're essentially doing the same thing now all off a game that was essentially even. Funny, I read numerous posts from WCAL fans earlier this season that dismissed Del Oro and Granite Bay's wins over WCAL champs as deciding what was the stronger league those given years. Now, suddenly, this game is different since it went in the WCAL's favor. How convenient.

That's really my only point. Don't be a hypocrite. Be proud of the W. The Bells earned every bit of it. As fans of HS football, we all were treated to a great game. There's no need to turn it into something else.

That said, if that G61 dude ever shows up again -- he deserves all the crap you can give him .... ;)

After tonight's gem, I just want to see more games like this. I sincerely hope these teams and two leagues can make it happen every year. If so, I'm a paying customer!

God bless.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
The turnovers were key. But they had zero to do with coaching or preparation. While a good reaction by the Bells LB'er, the 1st INT was a fortunate play. Jeffrey threw a perfect pass in stride and the WR just didn't make the catch and, instead, knocked the ball up in the air. Just the way the ball bounces sometimes. But it really should have been caught by the WR.

The 2nd INT -- which obviously was decisive as it took Folsom out of the drivers seat -- was solely on Jeffrey. He had the receiver open on a deep corner pass but over threw the ball which was picked off by the safety over the top. Again, nothing to do with coaching or preparation. Just a miss by the QB, who would have been better served making a more conservative throw given field position and time on the clock.

But, at the same time, it's hard to criticize Jeffrey when he was throwing it so well the 2nd half. The kid threw for over 400 yards and was running it well the last couple drives.
That makes sense. So would you say I was on point when I mentioned that the kids from Bellarmine seem to want it more? That's the feel I got 2,500+ miles away.

So would you say I was on point when I mentioned that the kids from Bellarmine seem to want it more? That's the feel I got 2,500+ miles away.

Rodney seems to agree, but I don't.

I think Folsom played like a confident bunch from the outset. You'd expect as much. The Bells certainly played with a chip on their shoulder, but I didn't get the sense that they wanted it anymore than Folsom. In fact, I'd offer Folsom's response once they got down 21-7 as evidence of their championship mentality. They still thought they were going to win and didn't panic. At all. One could argue that they had Bellarmine on the ropes until that game-changing INT that flipped the script.

After tonight's gem, I just want to see more games like this. I sincerely hope these teams and two leagues can make it happen every year. If so, I'm a paying customer!

God bless.

I mentioned something about this earlier.

Think about all the years we didn't get to see games like this because section title games was all we had. We missed out on 40 years worth of games potentially like this one.

Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT