ADVERTISEMENT

Brookside Christian

RespectBBGame

Sports Fanatic
Mar 16, 2015
Looks like Brookside Christian is reloading already for next year by picking up #4 in the country in coming freshman class of 2020's Maile Williams PG/G out Sac area. While other are reloading players Brookside reload top ranking players that already making name for themselves . Google her and see for yourself. The question is why did she pick Brookside over others.

We are in January and you are already talking about an incoming freshman? How do you know she is going to Brookside?
Behind the scene deal? Recruiting? Undue influence? Its January.....not june

add that to the comment on a different thread about the "transfers you will get next year" and that sounds an awful lot like a few potential CCS violations.

Last edited:
Looks like Brookside Christian is reloading already for next year by picking up #4 in the country in coming freshman class of 2020's Maile Williams PG/G out Sac area. While other are reloading players Brookside reload top ranking players that already making name for themselves . Google her and see for yourself. The question is why did she pick Brookside over others.
Lol, people in Sac say her dad has been shopping this young 8th grader for months. Anyway the best 8th grader in sac is 6'2 Amaya Oliver and I heard she is attending SMS next year.

Northbay

Brookside Christian is a credible school great education. Stundent athletes love to be in great school where teachers stay after hour and half to help them on their studies. Transfers come to all schools every year.

Passionatedad
Amaya Oliver is a great play wish her well and hopeful she will happy playing ball where every she goes. High school suppose to be a fun time. All work no play does make these happy in there mind. Good luck to her hopeful she will be happy.

Lol, people in Sac say her dad has been shopping this young 8th grader for months. Anyway the best 8th grader in sac is 6'2 Amaya Oliver and I heard she is attending SMS next year.

Passionatedad
your now in the loathing hypocrite club SMS was a buyer if what you say is true how else would you know ? you lost out on a great player now shes 2nd best in Sacramento !?! their both good young players that will help improve any program they play for next year. Good thing its not SMS

northbaybbguru
You disappoint me with that reply :( On a previous post by passionatedad he posted that SMS had a top 8th grader coming in next year !?! you said nothing about that WHY NOT I don't want to think your hating on BC !?! tell me it aint true..................................................?

Maile Williams is a terrific player! I saw her play in the sac hi tourney this weekend! She is absolutely hands down the BEST #1 8th grade player in the Sacramento & San-Joaquin area! Brookside has a stellar kid as well!

Is this a joke? I am not up to date on middle school players but trying to get an idea if this is real.

Passionatedad
your now in the loathing hypocrite club SMS was a buyer if what you say is true how else would you know ? you lost out on a great player now shes 2nd best in Sacramento !?! their both good young players that will help improve any program they play for next year. Good thing its not SMS

northbaybbguru
You disappoint me with that reply :( On a previous post by passionatedad he posted that SMS had a top 8th grader coming in next year !?! you said nothing about that WHY NOT I don't want to think your hating on BC !?! tell me it aint true..................................................?

LOL......
I didn't see the post on the SMS 8th grader. Or at least I don't remember it. I've always been of the belief until the 1st day of school no one is ever 100% sure who is going where. Only the parents truly know. When I get asked who Newman has coming in(boys and girls), my answer is I don't know...we will see on the 1st day of school who shows up. Its nothing personal on BC, its more of a pet peeve in general. And especially with BC or SMS or ANY of the Stockton/Sac schools cases.....there are SOOOOO many sharks in your area, how can anyone truly be 100 % sure anyone is going anywhere until the 1st day of class.

It is rather silly to prognosticate about who is going were this early. Parents generally will chose the school that they feel is the best fit for their child. I am sure a lot of factors are considered. These early rumors only add to speculations about unknowns and really do no one any good. Unknowns generally lead to uninformed speculations that can be crafted to suit multiple agenda's. No good usually comes from that.

Or a middle schooler foregoing their 8th grade year to play in high school!!! I have not received a response, is this real or fake? If real I would imagine it has to be a violation of some sort considering decisions have not been made by the school yet.

There is a fetus out there somewhere with enormous potential. And a street agent to guide her along the primrose prep recruiting path, assuming there are no 30-second violations during delivery.

Congrats to Brookside for landing the first recruit of the 2020 class. They may be the front runner in the next couple years.

Why nobody can answer the question I asked is why did her choose Brookside over other prestige schools ??????????? Can anyone answer please??????

I can only assume the normal reasons of playing time, reduced tuition or othe similar inducements not met by the other Sacramento or Stockton schools in the running.

I think it the teachers more one on one and they say after school hour and half too. Thats they care very much. Brookside is a very family oriented school with great kids.

I can speculate…because she wants the smaller, more intimate setting…because she likes the coach…because she appreciates the success of the program…because of the college prep curriculum…because it is non-denominational Christian…because it is cheaper…because she knows folk?

Are her parents aware that the story of their child's admission is being posted? Is this news a marketing tool? Has the family agreed to being used like this? It just seems so premature...

I think it the teachers more one on one and they say after school hour and half too. Thats they care very much. Brookside is a very family oriented school with great kids.
If that was case why would there be announcement to the basketball coach and a post on this website?

To win, you need talent, and the more the better. If other top middle schoolers in the Stockton area know that the best player around is going to Brookside, then some of those other good players may decide to go there too, instead of to St. Mary's or Lincoln or wherever.

Recruiting is about a lot of things, but one of them is marketing, and the better the reputation of the school (in all aspects) and the coach, the more likely that elite players will come.

Also, why is it "wrong" (or whatever word you want to use) for a young person to want to go to a particular school for a particular sport? If that's an important part of their lives, then why not? A talented singer wants to go to a school with a great choir, and so on down the line. It shouldn't be any different for athletics.

Reactions: Paytc
Clay, I totally agree with you on that. And good programs can be ruined if they don't continue to attract the better players. Reputations can also be ruined by those that permit cronyism and nepotism in the hiring of coaches and implementation of which players start, and/or make the team. There are times when good players don't even make the team because of the favoritism and political biases. Good players want to go where they will be respected and also allowed to play on the team that gives them the best chance for success. I do think most parents take several factors into account other than just sports when deciding on which school to send their kid to.They take a lot into consideration. And some times they don't get what they thought they would and end up unhappy. I recently spoke briefly with a very good player who was caught up in the politics and nonsense of high school sports and that was a deciding factor for that athlete to change schools. My guess is things like that will eventually catch up and have a negative impact on the program down the road. A good reputation and integrity are very important virtues to hold onto for all athletes, coaches, parents, schools, and everyone else in society. And yes kids should be able to select the schools for sports, the choir, the band, or a successful reputation and track record. Word travels quickly, so doing the right things can make or break a programs reputation. Ultimately it's that good name and reputation that has the line to join the school, program, or coach, wrapped around the corner.

Do what is right, if you have the courage and integrity, and you'll sleep better at night. Otherwise your a buster/coward/ weasel who's days of authority are numbered as they should be IMO.

Paytc

Last edited:
To win, you need talent, and the more the better. If other top middle schoolers in the Stockton area know that the best player around is going to Brookside, then some of those other good players may decide to go there too, instead of to St. Mary's or Lincoln or wherever.

Recruiting is about a lot of things, but one of them is marketing, and the better the reputation of the school (in all aspects) and the coach, the more likely that elite players will come.

Also, why is it "wrong" (or whatever word you want to use) for a young person to want to go to a particular school for a particular sport? If that's an important part of their lives, then why not? A talented singer wants to go to a school with a great choir, and so on down the line. It shouldn't be any different for athletics.

Clay
Great post I thought this form was about freedom of speech and information, the only reason the hatters are talking is because the information came from RespectBBgame

I don’t think it should have been announced like that but all the private schools do the same thing as well as the public schools. To maintain a top program you have to go to the middle schools to find future player and I agree with luvthegame21 you guys are just attacking because RespectBBgame said it. He has become the board punching bag. The kid is a good player and a great pick up for any high school.

I don’t think it should have been announced like that but all the private schools do the same thing as well as the public schools. To maintain a top program you have to go to the middle schools to find future player and I agree with luvthegame21 you guys are just attacking because RespectBBgame said it. He has become the board punching bag. The kid is a good player and a great pick up for any high school.
First of all I for one did not respond specifically to the initial post, rather only in general principle. But since you brought it up I will reference the post itself. As I stated in my post on the Troll thread, it is not about stating opinions. Everyone has a right to do that. I also stated in another post on another thread that honest opinions need to be respected. The key is if the intent and purpose of those opinions. Intent - Intent -Intent. I don't engage with people that just want to create strife.

That poster pretty much revealed their intent in their last sentence. It was not an announcement of a player going to a school. Good for the school! But an indirect slam on another schools program. I quote " the question is why did she pick Brookside over others?. This is standard for this poster. It's about creating comparisons and creating arguments in that respect. As I stated in my other post it's not really about promoting players or teams but about using them to diminish others. It is not an agenda about promotion or praise but negative attacks and revenge. This poster is just very good at it.

In another thread this poster attempted to promote a player he likes. Great! But he did it by comparing that player to another player. Now he might have felt that McDonald should have made the McAA team but why did he need pick Ionescu as the player she should have replaced?. You can promote a player/coach/team/program without doing it by diminishing some one else. with this poster it's about creating arguments by pushing peoples buttons. They say this them selves in their responses. " Seems like I hit someones nerve". This would not be that bad if they were not intent on keeping their identity secret and continually changing their posting name along with using multiple names at one time.

The negative effects this poster has already caused are not known to a lot of you. It's not just about the effects on the discourse on this site. It is also highly likely that Lovethegame and Respect the game are one in the same.

What people are doing is not attacking because of what is said. rather an attempt at mitigating damages for the consequences of the posters intent. A certain individual has shown that his intent can not be trusted. If you can not remember go back and read the transitions from Ballers dreams to Respect the Game. It will show you a distinctive pattern of Intent.

you guys are just attacking because RespectBBgame said it. He has become the board punching bag.

wait…since when did punching bags throw the first punch? have you considered that by saying things of negative content and with dis"respect", he's made himself a punching bag?

Last edited:
Reactions: Willtalk
wait…since when did punching bags throw the first punch?
People have short memories. It's like in games when the guy who initiates contact or commits the first foul doesn't get called. Also the punch is usually thrown by that poster players/coachs/programs who are not posters on this site. If someone wants to take a punch at me on this site or off fine. I can take it. Don't punch people who can not defend themselves.

Ps: I have a long memory. I remember posts certain posters made over a year ago. Patterns of behavior can also be considered in respect to responses.

Reactions: dagnyhoop
Respect knows I'm not taking personal shots at him.
The issue I had was the "announcement" in JANUARY that an 8th grader is attending a certain HS (whichever HS doesn't matter, its the general point of it). That screams undue influence and illegal contact.
IF the parent of the child wants to come on and post that, I would have no problem. But for a booster/alumni of the high school, a parent of a DIFFERENT child of the HS, a coach, an administrator...(basically ANYONE but the parents themselves), seems wrong to me. If the "announcement" was made on Day 1 of the 2016/17 school year? I would have no issue with that at all.
I'm not stupid, I know there is contact made, especially in an ultra competitive environment like the Stockton/sac area.
But I just think the schools involved should be a little more discreet about it.

I seriously doubt that the schools involved are responsible for these sort of posts or rumors. It usually is some booster or fan. Even doubt it's a parent. Usually these posts are agenda driven or reactions to other posts. It is unfortunate that people associate schools and programs with posts by individuals. I am sure the schools are cringing at what goes on on line. There is really no need to try to create competition off the court between schools. The better each school does the better it is for the students and athletes that attend those schools. They should be the focus and not the prestige of the program. Why would any program want to advance at the expense of another. That is pure pettyness.

PassionatedadSuperstar

Fun topic. So just for the fun of it I will address SMS next year. But first I want to remind you that other teams lose seniors as well. I believe SMS will be very very good after this year.
Smith
Murray
Ari Johnson
Razi Potter
De costa
Neenah Young and one of the best 8thgraders in the country, 6'1
I would put that line-up against anyone.

13 Passionatedad, Jan 10, 2016

It"s fun nobody said anything about this post but quick to answer any other post.. And about parents make their announcement who said the did want it post??? Can anyone answer that Question ???? At least when the statement I made it after she was pre-enrolied.

Last edited:
It may be logical that a family can choose to go a school for a sport but there are rules and those rules must be complied with or there may be ramifications for violation of said rules.

What those rules and if any were violated, well that I am sure will be up to the school, section commissioner and possibly the CIF office. Now, if the coach does not know anything about this, has not met with the kid or family outside of school orientation than there really is not an issue. Now, if pictures surface or other credible evidence of pre enrollment contact, inducement or undue influence then there may be issues.

My issue isn't this one case, but this new wave of talking about incoming freshmen during their 8th grade years.

Actually jaymel, undue influence rules also cover parents associated with the school. I'm not saying that undue influence by parents is ever enforced, but that's the way the rule is written.

Persons “associated” with a school include, but are not limited to: current or former coaches, current or former athletes, parent(s)/guardian(s)/caregiver of current or former student/athletes, booster club members, alumni, spouses or relatives of coaches, teachers and other employees, coaches who become employed, active applicants for coaching positions, and persons who are employed by companies or organizations that have donated athletic supplies, equipment or apparel to that school.

From recent posts, and the distances the athletes are travelling to go to school each day, it sounds to me like there's a lot more recruiting going on in the SJS than I've ever seen in the CCS. At least for girls basketball anyway.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Actually jaymel, undue influence rules also cover parents associated with the school. I'm not saying that undue influence by parents is ever enforced, but that's the way the rule is written.

Persons “associated” with a school include, but are not limited to: current or former coaches, current or former athletes, parent(s)/guardian(s)/caregiver of current or former student/athletes, booster club members, alumni, spouses or relatives of coaches, teachers and other employees, coaches who become employed, active applicants for coaching positions, and persons who are employed by companies or organizations that have donated athletic supplies, equipment or apparel to that school.

From recent posts, and the distances the athletes are travelling to go to school each day, it sounds to me like there's a lot more recruiting going on in the SJS than I've ever seen in the CCS. At least for girls basketball anyway.

Southbay makes a good point about the distances players are traveling to go to school/play ball......

just curious....and I'd like responses from the NCP crowd.....

The high school you follow, where are your girls from? are they local? or do they come from out of the area?
I'd be curious of the makeup of the teams....

I will go 1st....as everyone knows, I'm a Cardinal Newman fan.

The CN girls squad has 10 players...all came in as freshman (no transfers)..EVERY girl is from Sonoma county and
all of them live within a 20 min drive of the school.

anybody else care to weigh in?

In the Central Coast Section, there is very little worry about public schools enticing outstanding middle school talent. It happens about as frequently as Donald Trump changes his haircut. The private/parochials have harvested the vast bulk of the top kids in the entire section. The publics have been left with the leftovers, with one or two notable exceptions (the injured Palo Alto center being one obvious case). For example, the PAL, with 17 teams, might not have a single Division I college prospect. So the big CCS arguments over recruiting and transfers are on the private/parochial side. The CCS publics simply sit and watch and wonder what it would be like to have three or four or more Division I prospects on the same roster. The imbalance is so blatant it is almost pointless to even talk about it anymore.

PassionatedadSuperstar

Fun topic. So just for the fun of it I will address SMS next year. But first I want to remind you that other teams lose seniors as well. I believe SMS will be very very good after this year.
Smith
Murray
Ari Johnson
Razi Potter
De costa
Neenah Young and one of the best 8thgraders in the country, 6'1
I would put that line-up against anyone.

13 Passionatedad, Jan 10, 2016

It"s fun nobody said anything about this post but quick to answer any other post.. And about parents make their announcement who said the did want it post??? Can anyone answer that Question ???? At least when the statement I made it after she was pre-enrolied.

Respect: That was my question. Do the parents want their decision announced? If they do, whatever. That's their prerogative. It was just a question. There is no "hate" here, just a question about a family's right to privacy. But if they don't want it, again, whatever.

Regarding the PassionateDad post: It states "Neenah Young and one of the best 8th graders…" Was Nina Young the 8th grader or was it someone else? If it was someone else, then it is hard to question the post, because the 8th grader was not named. Regardless, that post was a bit more encrypted than yours.

I do understand marketing. You use something to get something else or something more. I suspect that this young lady and her family would love to see her surrounded by more talented young women. That's the making of a dynasty. I hope it works out for them. It is exciting to envision a future with significant talent.

Let's be serious: The top programs recruit. The successful lower level programs recruit. If you want to be good, you have to recruit, whether it's girls' basketball, football or fencing.

There is no way that the sections or CIF can police recruiting of eighth graders -- they have more than enough to do to keep up with transfers of kids who are already in high school.

I'm guessing debate coaches, among others, recruit too, and it's nothing new. Forty years ago, Amador Valley had an agricultural program, and it was amazing that every good athlete who would have gone to Foothill (which had no agricultural program) suddenly had a driving urge to get back in touch with the soil.

If your top players are wearing the same thing like headbands, white or black T shirts underneath etc and a SMS staff is there. You can almost guarantee that's who is getting looked at. How you think their fab sophs
got discovered as 8th graders.

>If your top players are wearing the same thing like headbands, white or black T shirts underneath etc and a SMS staff is there. You can almost guarantee that's who is getting looked at. How you think their fab sophs got discovered as 8th graders.

And that's just good coaching ... it's how you build a program, whether it's No. 1 in the nation or No. 1 in your league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT