ADVERTISEMENT

CIF State Bowl (1-AA): Mission Viejo 24 Bellarmine 0 FINAL

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
This game is set to get going at 8 PM. This is the third trip to Sacramento for Bellarmine this year.

Mission Viejo scouting report: Mission Viejo lost standout left tackle Zack Aylor to a leg injury last week and also expects to be without safety Michael Califano. Defensive end Peyton Marshallis doubtful. “We’re really banged up,” said Mission Viejo coach Bob Johnson, whose team has won a state-leading 27 consecutive games. “(But) no excuses, we’re ready to go.” Source: OCvarsity
http://www.ocvarsity.com/articles/state-81643-bellarmine-viejo.html

Evidently is starting to rain hard as picture shows. Here's a southern CA LA Times HS sports writer's hedge for an excuse....

I remember Coach Janda wearing shorts at a CCS playoff game and you could see your breath it was so cold....maybe hangs out with those guys at the Green Bay Packer's games in the snow...

Not real to a sports writer? It's Sondheimer, the LA times version of Davidson. Just bad sports writers.

Speaking of media. Poor Barry Tompkins, what did he do? Sandwiched between Pawlaski and John Jackson tonight. This game might have to be put in mute to enjoy it.

Looks like it is going to be tough to pass the ball in that rain. It's pouring. Two words for the players to remember - "Ball Security"

Bellarmine gets stop on first possession after bending against the running game.

I've never seen a punt blocker overrun the punter like that. Huge break for Bells.

It's going to be a slugfest tonight.

Reactions: concrete17
MV line is pretty sharp. So far, their line is make the difference so far.

I will be surprised if bellarmine keeps this close. MV looks just as fundamentally sound and has more Athletes.

I liked that play call to pitch outside, as MV is looking to penetrate and disrupt back field handoffs. If the Bells do that and get blockers downfield ahead of their speedsters on the outside they'll have some more luck I feel.

Mission Viejo looks like the better team right now. However Bellarmine does this a lot. Takes some body blows to set up the hook.

The whole transfer thing is funny. So common down there, nobody gives it a second thought. Can you imagine if a player up here went to four different schools?

Weather is slowing these games down. If it's wet like this tomorrow DLS just got favored in my book.

Weak leadership. Coaches/admins who've lost their moral compasses.

Griffin is a good looking player for Mission Viejo and he puts the Diablos on the board.

6-0 MV with 3 minutes left in the first half.

Nice play by MV - wide open....1st blood...but Bells making it tough...misses xtra point

MV 6 Bells 0 Q2 3:28

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT