ADVERTISEMENT

CIF State Bowl (1-AA): Mission Viejo 24 Bellarmine 0 FINAL

MV is impressive......they are solid in every aspect, hats off to them

He's 6"3 190 and class of 2016. Offers will be coming. Too talented overall and plays in biggest sports market in nation.

He's a senior with no offers right now? I'm thinking best to go JUCO work on his release and then go D1

Total mismatch. Unfortunately, the bells offense is so one dimensional that teams can load up the box and stuff the run if they are not going to pass. If your -20 yds rushing in the first half why not try to throw? I respect Bellarmine, they are well coached and play hard but they are not built to come from behind. MV looks good, especially on defense. Their QB isn't that good, his arm motion and accuracy will not likely land him any offers at the next level.

Sorry guys. The Schooler boys have an asterisk next to them. 4 schools in 4 years. Cole Hannum couldn't even pull off 2 schools in 4 years.

Well, its not going to get any better - I wouldn't be surprised if MV will score another 3-4 TD before the game is over

Folsom would have kept MV honest because of what Jeffries can do and there o line but MV would have punished Folsom just like they are punishing the bells.

I don't even think running back Schooler is that exceptional of a runner. He just has a line absolutely blowing holes through Bells to run behind.

Slingshots it needs to retool his release
Agreed. Heck, it's just a weird release. Throws like a second baseman turning two at second.

Now, the guy plays for one of the top QB gurus in the country in Bob Johnson and this guy has that release ingrained. Do you think he can make that change? That's a big switch.

I don't even think running back Schooler is that exceptional of a runner. He just has a line absolutely blowing holes through Bells to run behind.
Did I hear this properly? He's on his fourth school?

W
Did I hear this properly? He's on his fourth school?
Wait, what's your point? I think the guy is a better LB than RB. Poor Bells, hope this game will be a reality check for the program that'll help make the WCAL better in some way.

Bad decision by Johnson gives Bellarmine the ball back. Up 24 points, no need to force the ball here.

Crazy he's on 4 schools but let's not take away the fact these 2 are pretty amazing players. He's a very good LB. Def can play in college. Just a workhorse

W

Wait, what's your point? I think the guy is a better LB than RB. Poor Bells, hope this game will be a reality check for the program that'll help make the WCAL better in some way.
My point is that he's on his fourth school in four years. Have you ever heard of a guy doing that?

My point is that he's on his fourth school in four years. Have you ever heard of a guy doing that?

I'm thinking crazy parents. Shocking in this day and age. The jr needs to stay. He should be a good college recruit somewhere.

Ok, I hear you. Just wanted to be sure I was on the same page. I thin 4 schools in 4 years in a region such as Southern CA is particularly unfair given the amount of quality programs around at their disposal.

Yep, Larry Allen! Didn't hurt that kids progress. Pro football HOF. And Sonoma State Cossack. No biggie.

Ok, I hear you. Just wanted to be sure I was on the same page. I thin 4 schools in 4 years in a region such as Southern CA is particularly unfair given the amount of quality programs around at their disposal.
Transferred before the season from Trabucco Hills which is a good program and the coach wasn't even aware! That's a red flag. No question he's talented. So is his brother.

Yep, Larry Allen! Didn't hurt that kids progress. Pro football HOF. And Sonoma State Cossack. No biggie.
I didn't say it hurt his progress. I said it was unusual. What four high schools did he attend?

He's 6"3 190 and class of 2016. Offers will be coming. Too talented overall and plays in biggest sports market in nation.
Larry- The precise reaso that he's playing in the biggest sports market in the nation and doesn't have any might tell you something not like everybody doesn't know him and his coach has no contacts.

Off top of my head Tokay, Edison, Vintage and I think Compton? Best player I ever saw, dude just dominated.

Total mismatch. Unfortunately, the bells offense is so one dimensional that teams can load up the box and stuff the run if they are not going to pass. If your -20 yds rushing in the first half why not try to throw? I respect Bellarmine, they are well coached and play hard but they are not built to come from behind. MV looks good, especially on defense. Their QB isn't that good, his arm motion and accuracy will not likely land him any offers at the next level.
If you are designed to be one dimensional, literally running up the middle down four touchdowns, are you well-coached?

Mission Viejo finishes off 24-0 win over Bellarmine. Only the second shutout in state bowl history (De La Salle had the other in 2011).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT