ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Jobs Open

Yes there is a new high school in Dublin. It will only have Freshman for the first year and they won't be on their campus until the spring of 2024. The best bet is they will just have a Frosh/Soph team for the 2023/2024 season.

Yes there is a new high school in Dublin. It will only have Freshman for the first year and they won't be on their campus until the spring of 2024. The best bet is they will just have a Frosh/Soph team for the 2023/2024 season.
oh ok... so the boys dominating might take a hit now.

I think someone said incompetent administration...they was definitely on point. Oakland high let dorvez go after him winning state with gray, then this season let go of coop with no valid explanation as he was going to bring some balance to the OAL to make leroy at least raise a eyebrow or two. If u can't keep these coaches with proven resumes then who's going to come and coach after them 2? If they bring in Tara, Pat, geno, or Vivian then it make sense!. Then someone said quality coaches. The new aged admin that get jobs because of degrees and no athletic background don't know the difference to determine who a quality coach is. They don't do research. They go off of "feel good" interviews only.to post the position the next season while the program stays dead with no cultural atmosphere. All it takes is a new AD or principal who wants to make changes because they can. It's a complete difference when u clean house because you got bad coaches and can clearly see the disconnect with the kids and sports programs. But there is no way that it should be over 20 high school jobs open in one season. No.matter what the reason is. My one cent. And we can right a essay on wild parents. That's an understatement....

Apparently Las Lomas has changed its mind, and Tim Dorsey did not get the job.

Not the way to treat people ...

New Dublin school Emerald? Close to the IHOP? 99 Cent all you can eat pancakes every 3 months… for seniors!!!!

Last edited:
Coach Dorsey coached with me at Alameda when we won the NCS. We would not have won it without his knowledge.
common..you had a D1, 2 D2, and 3 juco players on that team plus they were in a good system prior to you guys taking over. I'm sure coach Dorsey was instrumental in helping out and to the success, but you guys had a good squad that year! in any case, grats to him for getting the Dublin job!

Apparently there was miscommunication about the outcome of the first interview. Tim's impression of what was said, and the Las Lomas impression were significantly different.

The job remains open, and interviews are ongoing.

• Wow
Reactions: CaliHoops23
Apparently there was miscommunication about the outcome of the first interview. Tim's impression of what was said, and the Las Lomas impression were significantly different.

The job remains open, and interviews are ongoing.
tell him he dodged a bullet! lol

• Haha
tell him he dodged a bullet! lol
I showed up for a new job as a trainer one time first day and they said… “when we spoke with you on the phone interview, we didn’t know who exactly you were!!!! We can’t hire you!!!!” I just laughed and said “well you didn’t ask!!!!” I would have told you exactly who I was if you asked!!!!😄

There is something wrong with that picture. Lets be clear. when a school select someone they are intentional. There is no room for miscommunication. I will just leave it there.

Campo(filled)
Moreau
Dublin (filed)
West(tracy)
mountain house
Tracy high
Los Lomas
college park
St joes
hayward
Franklin(filled)
Oakland (dont understand this one)
Emerald high(new high school in Dublin)
Burlingame
Berean Christian( heard guy left. moved to the valley)
Bentley
Fremont(oak)
Lick Wilmerding
Los altos
Monte Vista (filled
Which job was the most desirable in your opinions? why?

Campo or Moreau, I'd say. Campo has a very strong athletic program in all sports, a community athletic culture, and the league, aside from Acalanes, isn't as strong as some others.

Moreau is private, with those advantages, but it's in a tougher league.

Campo or Moreau, I'd say. Campo has a very strong athletic program in all sports, a community athletic culture, and the league, aside from Acalanes, isn't as strong as some others.

Moreau is private, with those advantages, but it's in a tougher league.
I always thought Moreau could be a powerhouse. They border San Leandro/Oakland/Fremont areas and with the right coach and recruiter, could make a very competitive program, which the girls side traditionally had.

Reactions: ClayK
A "recruiter" indeed. Thanks for the admission.
I mean, let's be real. At that level, you're not that good without recruiting. All of the top schools do it. If you deny that, I have a beachfront property to sell you in Modoc.

All the competitive Parochial schools do it....MC was a good program prior to the last coach taking over. He had an AAU program and look what happened...they got better. when Sopek got the C-Let job, I thought by now they'd be top 2-3 in Norcals but they haven't...maybe this year as they say it takes 3 years to build a program. BOD was meh prior to Malik taking over. They've had a lot of success since he's been at the helm of the program (I think they've underperformed but that's my personal opinion) so kudos to them. Mitty is Mitty. SHC and SI are two programs that have been up and down for the last 5-10 years. It's good to see that they have some momentum moving forward. But when SHC was the national top dog, there was the mission red pipeline. SMS is reknown for players moving to one of the most dangerous places to live in CA. Shoot they got a kid from humboldt this year!

It happens and happens more than we probably know.

I mean, let's be real. At that level, you're not that good without recruiting. All of the top schools do it. If you deny that, I have a beachfront property to sell you in Modoc.

All the competitive Parochial schools do it....MC was a good program prior to the last coach taking over. He had an AAU program and look what happened...they got better. when Sopek got the C-Let job, I thought by now they'd be top 2-3 in Norcals but they haven't...maybe this year as they say it takes 3 years to build a program. BOD was meh prior to Malik taking over. They've had a lot of success since he's been at the helm of the program (I think they've underperformed but that's my personal opinion) so kudos to them. Mitty is Mitty. SHC and SI are two programs that have been up and down for the last 5-10 years. It's good to see that they have some momentum moving forward. But when SHC was the national top dog, there was the mission red pipeline. SMS is reknown for players moving to one of the most dangerous places to live in CA. Shoot they got a kid from humboldt this year!

It happens and happens more than we probably know.
Well said. That being said, I really don't understand what is wrong and so taboo about "recruiting", it is a free (capitalist) country last time I checked - will go work for a company that I want to be at, work for a boss I would want to work for, would want to get classes from a Teacher that I respect a lot and would likely learn a lot from, why is it such an big deal if I go play for a coach & program that I could learn a lot from and make progress in my career...Sigh... **ducks out before the shots come my way LOL**

That is a good hire for Moreau
It will be interesting to see who is going to be on Reid’s staff with him
Salesian is going to miss having him in the building
He should do very well at Moreau

NEW JOB OPENING in Stockton:

Venture Academy in the Sac-Joaquin Section - D4 charter school. Located right off Hwy. 99 south of the Stockton city limits, close to Manteca. Great facilities and one of the nicest weight room training centers in the area.

For more information email Athletic Director, Jim Sells at: jsells@sjcoe.net

wow this year:
Campo(filled)
Moreau
Dublin (filed)
West(tracy)
mountain house
Tracy high
Los Lomas
college park
St joes
hayward
Franklin(filled)
Oakland (dont understand this one)
Emerald high(new high school in Dublin)
Burlingame
Berean Christian( heard guy left. moved to the valley)
Bentley
Fremont(oak)
Lick Wilmerding
Los altos
Monte Vista (filled

20 schools. can anybody add to this list? Why do have this many? is the coaches? administration (mostly the prob)? this is what I remember off hand. and this is just on the girl's side. do we even have enough qualified coaches to go around to help these different communities?
So
Campo filled
Moreau filled
Dublin filled
West filled
Tracy filled
Mountain House filled
Los lomas (was filled now open again)
College park open?
Hayward filled
Emerald (dublin) filled
Burlingame still open
Berean Christian open
Bentley open
Fremont (oak) open
Oakland open
Lick wilmerding still open?
Los Altos still open?
Monta Vista filled
Venture Academy (Stockton) open
Bear Creek open
St Joe's still open?
Franklin (Stockton) filled.

From the rumors around the basketball world. Any updates on those open spots or new schools? As of now 22 schools was looking for coaches....

So
Campo filled
Moreau filled
Dublin filled
West filled
Tracy filled
Mountain House filled
College park open?
Hayward filled
Emerald (dublin) filled
Burlingame still open
Berean Christian open
Bentley open
Fremont (oak) open
Oakland open
Los Altos still open?
Monta Vista filled
Bear Creek open
St Joe's still open?

From the rumors around the basketball world. Any updates on those open spots or new schools? As of now 22 schools was looking for coaches....
Who is the new Hayward High coach? Berean has a new coach, Kevin Labra.

So
Campo filled
Moreau filled
Dublin filled
West filled
Tracy filled
Mountain House filled
College park open?
Hayward filled
Emerald (dublin) filled
Burlingame still open
Berean Christian open
Bentley open
Fremont (oak) open
Oakland open
Los Altos still open?
Monta Vista filled
Bear Creek open
St Joe's still open?

Los Altos filled.

Clay mentioned Brea Olinda's Jeff Sink just moved to the bay...any word on if he landed a place to coach?

They made CCS finals in D1 - beat Pinewood earlier in the season, albeit with PInewood missing some transfers and some injured players. Still they have a nice core group of players.
They will be towards the top of the SVCAL, though I suspect Los Gatos will be the class of the league absent further transfers out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT