ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy night in WCAL

VC shouldn't surprise anyone. This was their first game since Christmas with their team close to 100%. Also have beaten Riordan 3 of 4. They won't win it but they'll be a spoiler down the stretch as they gel again. The "cupcake" schedule may have hurt them or maybe it was learning to play without important players. Regardless the cupcake last night had purple frosting and it was good

It was a very good game. You can tell there was a lot of trash talking and the teams were playing intensely. There were calls that should have been no calls or could have went either way, but it was Riordan's home court. When Olgasby got three fouls in the 1st quarter it wasn't good, SHC needed his toughness as witnessed when he came back in the third quarter how the Irish played with him. When he fouled out with Flowers in the 4th, SHC didn't have enough in the tank to keep hanging with Riordan in OT. If they see each other in the playoffs this year, it will be another good game.

St Ignatius crushed Serra 68-40
This result was shocking to me. SI seemed to be trending downward and Serra seemed to be finding their way in league. This has to be the most lopsided game of league so far.
Looking into the future, I think the league standings will end at:

Bellarmine
St. Francis
SI
Mitty
SHC
Riordan
VC

This result was shocking to me. SI seemed to be trending downward and Serra seemed to be finding their way in league. This has to be the most lopsided game of league so far.
Looking into the future, I think the league standings will end at:

Bellarmine
St. Francis
SI
Mitty
SHC
Riordan
VC

I predict that Mitty wins out and finishes third as SI has a tougher schedule (Bells + Lancers). I have Serra sticking at #5 with SHC, Riordan, and VC bringing up the rear.

Some good-natured trash talking amongst friends. Nice video

Its too bad these two good friends couldn't be on the same team.

This game had the makings of a great CCS D3 championship game final. One team came out ready and blitz the other, the other team fought and scrapped back all the way, a shot at the buzzer to send into OT. Yah its really too bad these two teams couldnt merge. Would make a deep NorCal run for sure.

This would have been a nice year to have a playoff. I think WCAL should go to a 4-team playoffs.

The Open Division IS the WCAL Championship which is precisely why they ended the WCAL Tournament.

This would have been a nice year to have a playoff. I think WCAL should go to a 4-team playoffs.
The playoffs are useless because you have the teams play the round robin schedule and then the top four face off again in the WCAL playoffs and then the top four advance to face each other yet again in the CCS open division. It wouldn’t help SF for example for NorCal seedlings if they had four losses to the Bells. It happened often in the 80s and 90s where very good WCAL teams would have four losses to the Riordan juggernaut.

Riordan 61 - Mitty 58 final - Jelani Clark with a weird running 3 pt bank shot from top of key with .4 seconds left.....

Reactions: superle
Crusaders pull out the win in spite of themselves! Lol! I thought their numerous turnovers would doom them again as they have done so many times this season. Great clutch shot by Clark who had a up and down game with many unforced turnovers by lazy or forced passes, but forces a turnover after his turnover with 6 seconds left in the game setting up his game winner. Strange game, but Crusaders will gladly take the win.

Reactions: superle
Riordan dodged a major bullet on the Jelani steal as well. More times than not that's a foul call which would have put Mitty at the line in a tie game.....

In other WCAL action: SI 67 - VC 53, SF 73 - SHC 62 and Bellarmine 53 - Serra 45

Good stuff!
The only stat that really matters is Riordan won and Sacred Heart Lost.
Or Why didn't the kids foul up 3 points with a few seconds left?
Or who man was that left open in the corner?

Clark came through for Riordan last night,hit a 3 at the buzzer. He had 8 points up until that point and a bunch of turnovers. Nobody will remember that stat line but Riordan won!
Winners and Losers!
Whenever stats are posted or people put out information, I think it’s wise or it would be in good taste to type or show accurate information. It’s not fair to the persons mentioned, especially if the information shared about them, is inaccurate. Now, if the information given is simply an opinion, like your last comment, I can get with that. But I can’t get with including people and there information, especially if the information is, in my own opinion, not accurate or correct. Your opinion and everyone else’s opinion, is just that, an opinion, you or anyone else is free to express opinions, But, I will not ignore when information is given that’s suppose to be facts, when in fact it’s not. The original stat in question should have been addressed only, not the addition of other kid’s stats, whether you care or not about the subject in question, other kids could and should have been left out of that whole created dialogue, in my opinion.

Reactions: cherylbaustin
Whenever stats are posted or people put out information, I think it’s wise or it would be in good taste to type or show accurate information. It’s not fair to the persons mentioned, especially if the information shared about them, is inaccurate. Now, if the information given is simply an opinion, like your last comment, I can get with that. But I can’t get with including people and there information, especially if the information is, in my own opinion, not accurate or correct. Your opinion and everyone else’s opinion, is just that, an opinion, you or anyone else is free to express opinions, But, I will not ignore when information is given that’s suppose to be facts, when in fact it’s not. The original stat in question should have been addressed only, not the addition of other kid’s stats, whether you care or not about the subject in question, other kids could and should have been left out of that whole created dialogue, in my opinion.

So you are saying say something about Monroe's stats , but no one elses...interesting . Since I know you know Sacred Hearts team, you should obviously know that if Neal and Monroe are not leading the team in attempts and points they do not stand a chance in games. Just my opinion.

Reactions: cherylbaustin
I read pretty well thank you. The link has CityBoy415, creating the post. If it came from Holy Cow, I didn’t see or read his post on this particular thread. I responded to CityBoy415 as well asking where did he get the information.

I read pretty well thank you. The link has CityBoy415, creating the post. If it came from Holy Cow, I didn’t see or read his post on this particular thread. I responded to CityBoy415 as well asking where did he get the information.
I was not questioning your reading, I was clearly stating that CityBoy sited something that I responded to. So you asked me where I got the information. Not on here to argue about a game but that was not even last night. Your right about being accurate , that's why I responded.

So you are saying say something about Monroe's stats , but no one elses...interesting . Since I know you know Sacred Hearts team, you should obviously know that if Neal and Monroe are not leading the team in attempts and points they do not stand a chance in games. Just my opinion.
I will go back to my second response, if someone addresses in a post about whatever, my opinion is keep it at whatever, not include other people who are not apart of what was posted. That’s just my opinion. I’ve expressed this on other threads as well. I just know the difference between an opinion and a fact, that’s all. I can read enough and have matriculated through the realms of higher education to know this. I personally, would never throw in other people on a post or thread that dealt with something else. That’s just me tho. Everybody on here plays by different rules so I’m good with that Real Talk.

Reactions: Irishman32
I was not questioning your reading, I was clearly stating that CityBoy sited something that I responded to. So you asked me where I got the information. Not on here to argue about a game but that was not even last night. Your right about being accurate , that's why I responded.
The only reason why I responded because 2 other kids were mentioned on a post that wasn’t about them, that’s all. And, the information you gave concerning those 2 kids were inaccurate. It’s just not right in my opinion to do that, that was all. I’ve watched that game repeatedly and I’ve seen the stat sheet, If mere facts are stated then I’m good. I don’t argue and it takes tough skin to deal with issues like this, especially on a blog. Everyone on here has a right to express their opinions, but when you give facts and I’m not sure about what was stated, I want to know where the information came from. I dialogue, I don’t argue, at least I try not to.

Reactions: Irishman32
Newspapers and Internet post stats , nothing I said was negative. So I understand that comment , but I understand.
I never ever stated that you were negative, not once. The matter, I felt, called for a dialogue. If I’m wrong, let me know. I’m big enough to take it. I’ve apologized to several people on this blog for statements I’ve made in the past and I won’t hesitate to do it again. No big deal everybody has their own mind.

Sorry, but the Official Stats for Riordan vs. SHC are listed below.

These stats were double checked by watching video of the game after the game was over.

Bryce Monroe 8 FGs of 29 FGAs, 0 3pt shot made, 8 attempted
Emmet Neal 6 FGs of 13 FGAs, 1 3pt shot made, 3 attempted
Gary Hudson 2 FGs of 7 FGAs, 2 3pt shot made, 4 attempted
Amin Oglesby 6 FGs of 10 FGAs, 0 3pt shot made, 1 attempted

Sorry, but the Official Stats for Riordan vs. SHC are listed below.

These stats were double checked by watching video of the game after the game was over.

Bryce Monroe 8 FGs of 29 FGAs, 0 3pt shot made, 8 attempted
Emmet Neal 6 FGs of 13 FGAs, 1 3pt shot made, 3 attempted
Gary Hudson 2 FGs of 7 FGAs, 2 3pt shot made, 4 attempted
Amin Oglesby 6 FGs of 10 FGAs, 0 3pt shot made, 1 attempted
Thank you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT