ADVERTISEMENT

Crush In The Valley

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Just arrived, right as the first game started…

Moreau (11-7) faces Fortune Early College (10-10).

4-4 early on.

AS of yet, I have no rosters, so…. Cliff Notes, here we come…

Moreau now up 6-4…. 8-4…

Time out Fortune, after another Moreau runout makes it 10-4. 4:12 left 1st.

Wilsonburger served by Moreau #23…. That’s the first of VERY many thoughout the 8 or 9 games I’ll be here for today….

Now it’s 12-6 Moreau.

28-19 after a breakaway soft-dunk…. I think it was Cole Loud of Moreau.

Cole Loud leads Moreau with 14…. I jusssst NOW noticed I don’t have to go downstairs and look at the scorebook…. They have stats on the scoreboards. :)

I’ll be surprised if this isn’t a 30+ blowout…. Running clock a slight possibility.

btw, Fortune’s Corey Lark is leading the way for their side with 12.

Loud now has 16 for the Mariners.

59-42 Moreau, 44.1 left in the 3rd…. Afer a corner 3, Loud is leading all scorers with 19.

End of 3…. 61-45 Moreau, comfortable lead…. and Loud has 21 of Moreau’s points.

90-59 final…. Loud ended up with 21 after taking the 4th quarter off.

Next up, an old-school rivalry, Bishop O’Dowd faces St. Patrisck’s St Vincent.

After a slow offensive start, both teams finding the range…. 17-14 O’Dowd.

32-23 O’Dowd at the half…. Josh Green has tossed in three triples for their cause.

2:50 to go in the 3rd…. Dragons lead 42-33.

Leo Chapman has scored 12 for the Dragons., while Deuce Walker (coach’s kid) has scored 10 for SPSV.

Chapman leads three Dragons in double figures…. He has 17, Sam Chaverin 15, Josh Green 14. 60-49. 1:45 left.

I believe the final was 69-52…

Now things get juicy…

Branson faces Monterey Trail in a few minutes.

Monterey Trail (18-1) is ranked #32 in CA while Branson (14-6) is ranked #16, with their schedule chock full of powerhouses.

Trail’s lone loss is to Canyon View, ranked #13 in Aridzona. And that one was close…

Of course, Branson has played anyone who dared to try ‘em…. But they have six losses.

Which way will it go, the almost-spotless mostly-local record, or the six-loss team that has taken on all comers?

Reactions: observer22
Just in case anyone’s not sure why Jase Butler has signed a D1 scholly….

How ‘bout a great chase-down swat followed immediately by a full-court dime, then a steal? 10-5 Branson early.

Reactions: observer22
Whoa…. Branson with a quick 3-pass-layup sequence that has to be seen to be believed…. 42-22. A minute or so before half…. Find that replay and watch it!

42-23 at the half.

Almost ready for the 3rd q…. but I am *still* marveling over that 3-pass play.

If anyone can get a replay and make a clip of it…

Put it on YouTube and just title it “How To Play Basketball”.

Whoa…. Branson with a quick 3-pass-layup sequence that has to be seen to be believed…. 42-22. A minute or so before half…. Find that replay and watch it!

42-23 at the half.
MT has played a very soft schedule. Not sure how good they are despite their record.

Two consecutive high-flying fast-break dunks, first by Branson, then by MT.

Branson immediate time out, I can hear their coach saying loudly to “stop celebrating dunks!”

I wouldn’t say MT’s schedule is “very soft”, but it’s not strong, that’s true. Maybe like “pretty soft”.

Spectacular alley-oop dunk by Butler, pass by Finley Keeffe…

TT Carr rebound, goes the length of the floor for a layup…. 61-37, the rout is ON. 2:35 left 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT