ADVERTISEMENT

Crush In The Valley

A pair of 3’s to start the 4th…. Make that 3 of ‘em…. tied at 52. Perteet made both for Salesian.

Holmes serves up a BIG Wilsonburger, but Obenyeh scores anyway, then a Pride STEAL!! Pass to Obenyeh, he scores…. Suddenly it’s the Pride by 4! 56-52, 6:22 left.

Holmes beats a doubleteam and scores…. Pride miss, but Millenium turns it over. 56-54, 5:42 left, Pride ball.

Holmes rebound…

He takes a long 3, nope…. Pride Rebound, then Salesian’s Davis gets into the paint and scores! 58-54 Pride, 4:50 left.

Millenium #24 with a putback…

Davis nails a Pride 3!! 61-56…

4:08 left.

Driving score by Millenium #24, he’s fouled…. FT is NO good…. 63-58.

Salesian spins a little clock, then score…. Millenium 3…. 65-61. 2:15 left…

turnover…

Holmes gets to the hole, scores, fouled! FT good, 62-61 Pride.

Pride breaks a soft press, scores…. 67-64. STEAL…. Claytor gets to the rack, is fouled…. 2 FT’s. Both good…. 69-64.

Millenium putback…

STEAL…. score…. Pride by 1.

35 seconds…. STEAL…. time out, MIllenum has the rock, 69-68 Pride, 14.4 seconds left.

Salesian had a foul to spend, they did…. 6 seconds…. Millenium gets a play going, #13 offf balance, ball knocked loose…. Alvin Loving is there to steal it and preserve a 1-point win!

69-68.

For stats lovers, Holmes led everyone with 24 points…. But I didn’t see him out there for the last play. He wasn’t in foul trouble…. but maybe I missed him out there.

Okay, I stand very corrected. I asked around…. and Holmes was indeed out there, but Salesian had him triple-teamed BIGTIME. He wasn’t getting the ball…. at ALL. Not even in the plane on the way back to Aridzona.

So, next on the docket: Prolific Prep vs Dream City Christian.

These two prep academies are loaded with talent…. and I notice a familiar name on the Dream City roster…

Is this the same Jamari Phillips that played for Modesto Christian a couple years ago?

Of course, a major item of interest for me is future St. Mary’s Gael Mikey Lewis, starting at PG for Prolific.

As one might expect with a game of kids at this level…. the first bucket was a LOUD one, by Prolific.

Now a jam by Lewis…. Prolific up 6-1 early.

Interestingly, Lewis isn’t playing the traditional point…. He’s off-ball.

6-6 now…. and Lewis has 2 fouls already.

And the game has been rather unpretty.

Of course, I say that, and the teams trade 3’s that barely move the cords.

Now it’s 11-9 Prolific.

Philips scores on a fast break for DCity…

now 12-11 Prolific, but Lewis fouled, at the line…. makes one. 13-11.

Had a whopper of a phone goofup there, just got myself back online.

It’s 38-29 Dream City Christian…. They’ve made quite a run during this 2nd quarter. 36 seconds left.

Another steal, pass by Phillips for one HECK of an alley-oop… 40-31 now, DCity in front.

53-43 Dream City, 2:56 left 3rd.

Zoom Diallo of Pacific took a REALLY hard fall, then was helped up…. wandered around a bit…. then said was okay…. and snnk both FT’s…. Next time down, he scored again in heavy traffic. Tough kid.

Prolific making a run here…. 55-50 DCity.

Lewis rebound, smooth moves all the way to the bucket.

DCity scores…. 57-52.

Pass to Diallo at the rim, lays it in at the quarter buzzer. 57-54 after 3 quarters, closest Prolific has been in a good while.

Diallo drives and scores…. PP is within 1.

Lewis almost blocks a shot, but the ol’ hand-in-the-cookie-jar. Both FT’s good. 59-56 DCity

Steal and another score, back to 5-point lead for DC…

Lewis long 3, nope…. DC rebound.

DC #3 nails a 3. 64-56.

7:08 left.

Man down, #3 of Prolific…. back upright, lookin’ woozy. He’s subbed out…

PP #2 at the line, FT’s split. 64-57.

Diallo throws in one WILD prayer/layup…. NO idea how that went in.

He scores again, has 15…. 3-point game. Rebound PP…

PP #4 fouled, at the line…. Nope, nope…. 64-61, DC has it. Shot missed, lotsa banging…. a tech called on DC after a PP shot made…. a lot happened at once…. but anywayy…. 64-63 DCity, PP at the line for an unspecified number of FT’s, How’s THAT for a “specific” “idunno”?? 5 minutes left.

PP #2 shooting the T’s.. both good, PP ball. PP by 1.

Grady with a VERY long 3 for PP.. 68-64. They get a stop…

3-ball in and out…. DC ball.

Last couple minutes on the clock have taken forever…

PP steal…. DC rebounds Grady’s missed 3.

All aloe, DC #34 dunks it home. Prolific by 2.

#4 gets inside, bumped, makes a shot…. 70-66, one FT. Nope…

3 minutes.

DC scores, of course I didn’t see…

Diallo fouled on a missed try, FT’s split. 71-68.

Steal, Diallo.. goes to Lewis, he lays it in over a falling pair of players…. somehow the shot counts, and he has an FT. I mean, yeah, there was a foul, but it wasn’t against Lewis and was before he shot…

Dunk by DC #12…. 74-70, and they get a stop, but Diallo rebounds a miss…. 1:20 left.

Grady 3…. BOOOM! 76-70, they say… he musta toed the line. 1:03 left.

DC #12 scores in the paint…. 77-72, 50.4 left.

They changed that Grady 2 to a 3 after all…. DC steal and quick score…. 77-74 Prolific.

PP has it, their own end, 23.5 left.

Diallo fouled, makes a pair, 79-74.

DC a quick 3, nope… but a putback to make it 79-76. Foul, Diallo at the line…. He, apparently, is not the greatest choice of dude to foul…. Both good. 81-76.

Quick 3 by DC, GOOD! The clock stops after baskets in this, so there are a few seconds left…. Grady fouled, makes a pair with 2.6 left. 83-76 Prolific.

So, now we have Riordan vs. Centennial of Corona..

One is ranked #21 in CA, the other #22.

I’m not sure many in here are gonna notice…. they are busy watching the 49’ers on one of the scoreboards.

I wonder if there’ll be boo birds when the game starts and the scoreboard has to go back to…. being a scoreboard?? :)

Whatever Cen10’s coach said during that time out sure worked…. Now it’s 16-13 Cen10 after the 2nd of a pair of spectacular jams by Carter Bryant…

Hillman joins the dunk party, 16-15…

Sensley fouled on a 3 the next time down…. Makes all 3 FT’s. 18-16 Riordan.

Riordan gets a rebound, but the rebounder travels…. steal the inbounds, but no shot before the buzzer. 18-16 Riordan.

As y’all might guess by the non-frequency of my posts…. I’m pooped. Gonna leave at the half.

Two questions here.
First why did the refs allow Riordan to wear white undershirts which is illegal.
Second why was he dunking to end the game . The way they were clapping and starring at bewildered corona players tells me maybe there was some bad blood ( trash talking) etc going on .
Not sure on the white undershirts.
Corona simply gave up on their last shot attempt and did not bother to play defense. Also, it was Sensley’s return to the court and fans he played at Prolific Prep. Nice pre ceremony btw recognizing the young man.

Not sure on the white undershirts.
Corona simply gave up on their last shot attempt and did not bother to play defense. Also, it was Sensley’s return to the court and fans he played at Prolific Prep. Nice pre ceremony btw recognizing the young man.
They were up 9 with no time left . Unwritten rule Hold the ball. There was nothing exciting about that dunk for fans. #statpadding

Reactions: Eastbayhoops
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT