ADVERTISEMENT

Darkhorse Cal Basketball

I don't think any public school AD fires his coach because of wins and losses unless he is overmatched. Koo is definitely not out coached every game. If you want to criticize the man for playing the wrong guys I will give that to you. However, if it was obvious then the coach would play the best guys . There might be some guys that are good players but not difference makers and Koo wanted to go young. It happens all of the time.

Where should Cal place in the EBAL?

I don't think any public school AD fires his coach because of wins and losses unless he is overmatched. Koo is definitely not out coached every game. If you want to criticize the man for playing the wrong guys I will give that to you. However, if it was obvious then the coach would play the best guys . There might be some guys that are good players but not difference makers and Koo wanted to go young. It happens all of the time.

Where should Cal place in the EBAL?
If they had a better coach they would be a middle ground team. I've seen khoo be out coached every game this season.The guy uses every player in the first half and there is no consitancy. Uke Spiller, Torian, Kwong, Friedel and Arman are guys you can win games with in this league.

THe only thing you don't like about the coach is his substitution pattern. He plays 10 guys. If he only played the 5 you mentioned the other parents of the kids that lost their team would be complaining. NO WIN SITUATION! That is the same at every school. THe parents of the kids that don't play complain. I'm not sure what you would get out of another coach.

THe only thing you don't like about the coach is his substitution pattern. He plays 10 guys. If he only played the 5 you mentioned the other parents of the kids that lost their team would be complaining. NO WIN SITUATION! That is the same at every school. THe parents of the kids that don't play complain. I'm not sure what you would get out of another coach.
You don't know what you'd get? You'd get a Win. Something Cal high isn't use to much of.

You don't fire a coach because of his substitution patterns and that some players don't want to play. Great players play no matter who the coach is. These are all excuses.

The best athlete on Cal campus has not played one varsity game at this point. Maybe he would be great but we don't have any data on him being successful at the high school level. He very well might be the best athlete. Cal does have some young talent and are athletic.

After following this thread I decided to attend a game. I went to cal vs srv and saw khoo get outcoached. The srv coach only plugged in 8 or 9 of his players one being a freshman who hit the go ahead 3 pointer for the win. Khoo used everyone on his bench and some. The problem for khoo is that he trys to make to many friends in the stands and off the court than leaving his seniors on positives notes. Khoo often finds himself searching for a big man after 3 minutes in a game. Plugs in Jack hiens who again is an underclassmen with a broken wrist and torn acl. Again it is rumored that they are neighbors and heinz dad is an athletic booster for the basketball program. I dont see him having a coaching job next year and should go back to girls basketball if he wants to make friends in the EBAL.

After following this thread I decided to attend a game. I went to cal vs srv and saw khoo get outcoached. The srv coach only plugged in 8 or 9 of his players one being a freshman who hit the go ahead 3 pointer for the win. Khoo used everyone on his bench and some. The problem for khoo is that he trys to make to many friends in the stands and off the court than leaving his seniors on positives notes. Khoo often finds himself searching for a big man after 3 minutes in a game. Plugs in Jack hiens who again is an underclassmen with a broken wrist and torn acl. Again it is rumored that they are neighbors and heinz dad is an athletic booster for the basketball program. I dont see him having a coaching job next year and should go back to girls basketball if he wants to make friends in the EBAL.
I will be attending the game tonight sitting behind khoos bench just to gather the information needed for a later post. Guarantee that the khoo fan club won't be happy about what I have to say.

I will be attending the game tonight sitting behind khoos bench just to gather the information needed for a later post. Guarantee that the khoo fan club won't be happy about what I have to say.
Ill be there too hopefully we meet up too see a poor coached team lose and talk about something entertaining to cope w the loss.

Due to a poster possibly being a student, posts talking about meeting up outside the board have been removed.

I'm a spectator Sports. Bottom line you want to meet me let's go hopeyard 9 pm tonight after the game. I'll also be behind the bench. And who said anything about meeting students? Rex Ryan says he is student that's all...

I'm a spectator Sports. Bottom line you want to meet me let's go hopeyard 9 pm tonight after the game. I'll also be behind the bench. And who said anything about meeting students? Rex Ryan says he is student that's all...
I'd love to chop it up about the controversial volleyball program theyve got going on at the hs in San Ramon.. pretty intriguing head coach but very successful team on the court. Maybe we'll stick to the message boards on that one

Theres no hard blood here fellas just guy being dudes talking about sports no trouble here

It's not Coach Khoo's fault that his team is completely undersized.. they cant get a rebound to save their life. That's just the facts, jack. And constant jeering from the grizzly fan section does nothing to help the situation whatsoever..

I'd love to chop it up about the controversial volleyball program theyve got going on at the hs in San Ramon.. pretty intriguing head coach but very successful team on the court. Maybe we'll stick to the message boards on that one
I don't give a crap about volley ball at any San Ramon high school on this website. I don't think anyone wants to hear that crap anyways.

I just spoke to the AD's and there is no such thing as a contract for any coaches. ONe year contracts only, including Cal high. Fundraising doesn't go to the coach it goes to the program.

I just spoke to the AD's and there is no such thing as a contract for any coaches. ONe year contracts only, including Cal high. Fundraising doesn't go to the coach it goes to the program.
He id love for you to show up tonight to cal high vs de la salle. We can discuss contract issues. You can get a glimpse of khoo first hand. 7 pm cal high event center! I

He id love for you to show up tonight to cal high vs de la salle. We can discuss contract issues. You can get a glimpse of khoo first hand. 7 pm cal high event center! I
I heard they're giving out free snowcones to all in attendance tonight.. it's a rivalry night thing with de la salle. I believe it's being labeled as the "snowcone express"?? Correct me if I'm wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT