ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL & DFAL PREDICTIONS 2/20

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
San Ramon over Monte Vista- I know I've been praising Monte Vista all year long but I think they might stumble after wrapping up at least a share of the league title Tuesday night. San Ramon has been playing tight all year and now that they are removed from any title considerations, I think they play loose and free tonight and we just might see the real Wolves tonight. I do think Monte Vista is the better team & Mileski, LaShells and Mitu all should be in considerations for league MVP but tonights game and the home crowd at San Ramon is always a huge plus & will send Smith & Fuca home winners.

De La Salle over California- Impressive win against Granada and I think they are making the proper strides in order to get back into the league race in years to come. These two teams might set a record for most 3's attempted in a game and the Spartans will come out on top but Cal will have some fight in them. Romeo & Portis, thanks for the memories!

Amador over Foothill- Neither team has beat a team with a winning record in league play tonight and the winner will go to .500 while the losing team will 6-8. I would think Amador would struggle after almost pulling off a huge upset against Monte Vista on Tuesday (51-50) but not against your biggest and most hated rival. Ruotolo has been in a major slump after nailing 8, 3 pointers in one game and is a huge reason why they are riding a 3 game losing streak heading into this game. He has been completely shutdown in his past two games and I am hoping he can contribute here and end league play on a high note. These two teams are also playing for seedings so this is a lot at stake in this showdown. Hajian, Ruotolo & Chaffee has been true Don's throughtout, while we have another year to enjoy Cobb & Finley.

Granada over Livermore- I would love to see Granada win this one but not on Senior Night and Johnson's last home game.
Johnson has been the most exciting player to watch in this league for a while and his heart & toughness is something this team will miss.

Campolindo over Dublin- Undefeated league play here you come and a great program just keeps on getting better. Watson & Hansen have been nothing short of amazing all year and Senior night should be something special. If they are thinking this game is wrapped up, watch out for the leagues most dangerous team in Dublin. Falls and Knox can light it up with the best of them and Costello will have them ready for the huge upset. Closer then most would think but Campo is tested early and often but brings home the win.

Alhambra over Dougherty- I know I know but I can figure out how Alhambra beat Dougherty by 32. The Wildcats have been playing as well as anyone (excluding Campo) since this loss. I can't see a team making up that kind of loss and I think Alhambra's style of play is a huge problem for this team. You play Dougherty in a half court game, they will dice you up but they have had problems with pressure all year and tonight should be no different. Lozow has had a great career and it will be sad to see it end here tonight.

Las Lomas over Acalanes- This should be a great game that sees two of the best scorers in this league going head to head. Joey Hewitt can light you up from anywhere and his ability to handle the ball, see the floor and make everyone else around him better, is why he's one of the best. Ben Wood has dazzled us with his inside and outside game for years and his ability to play all 5 positions on the floor, makes his one of the moist versatile players in the east bay. Las Lomas fine tunes their game here and gets ready for NCS but Hewitt and company will make it very difficult and an upset wouldn't surprise me either.
This post was edited on 2/20 9:27 AM by NorCalScout

Monte Vista: Just a better team and coached by one of the best around.

DLS: Same as the above.

Amador: My eyes tell me Amador but my gut says Foothill.

Granada: Way to talented to lose this one.

Campo: To much to play for to overlook this game. They will be focused and ready to play.

Dougherty: Tough to overcome a 32 point defeat but if you've seen this team play recently, they never give up!

Acalanes- Hewitt will do everything in his power to go out with a bang but I hope it's enough.

I drove right past DLS to Campo because I figured the DLS game would be a blowout, which proved true (82-45 Spartans).

Hadn't seen Dublin, but many accounts elsewhere in this forum had them pegged as a talented, exciting team that didn't play enough defense. And that's the way it turned out tonight, too,

Early on, Campo was able to get the ball into the post almost at will and they should have built a huge lead right off the bat, but for some reason Hansen was having trouble finishing and the score was tied 4-4 when it seemed like it should have been 12-2.

Hansen and the Cougs settled down some and they pulled gradually out in front but still led by just 6 at the half. The 3rd quarter was close, but the Cougs pulled well ahead in the first part of the 4th quarter before Dublin nailed several 3-balls late to make some cosmetic repairs to the score.

Final, 76-65 Cougs... On to the playoffs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT