ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Central

Wait a dang minute.. are you saying score comparisons aren't a legit way to decide who's the best in Norcal?
You know how much I just LOVE score comparisons </SIGH>

Folsom def Central by 19
DLS def Central by 19
Folsom def Jesuit by ONLY 13

Therefore Jesuit would defeat Central by 6. It’s so obvious!! ;-)

Last edited:
Folsom def Central by 19
DLS def Central by 19
Folsom def Jesuit by ONLY 13

Therefore Jesuit would defeat Central by 6. It’s so obvious!! ;-)
Don't forget Sac. They only beat them by 9 so I guess Sac wins Central by 10 lol ;)

Damn it was cold out there.. I feel really sorry for people who have Folsom on there schedule next season. All these skill kids are back !! Please for the sake of DLS vs Folsom get somebody on your schedule who is a top 20 in nation team. I think we all can agree the gap between DLS and Folsom isn't that big this year. They both beat a very good Central team by the same spread. Would be curious to hear what their coaches and kids say. (I know it doesn't matter) I think Folsom wins and goes 16-0 and returns what could be the greatest set of skill players we've seen at Folsom. (as a package)

Damn it was cold out there.. I feel really sorry for people who have Folsom on there schedule next season. All these skill kids are back !! Please for the sake of DLS vs Folsom get somebody on your schedule who is a top 20 in nation team. I think we all can agree the gap between DLS and Folsom isn't that big this year. They both beat a very good Central team by the same spread. Would be curious to hear what their coaches and kids say. (I know it doesn't matter) I think Folsom wins and goes 16-0 and returns what could be the greatest set of skill players we've seen at Folsom. (as a package)
Here we go again with the score conparisons. De La Salle beat Central by 19 points without their best player on offense (Robinson) and their best player on defense (Tuli). Score would have been much different with those 2 playing.

Tell me who is going to be better in Norcal next year than Folsom? This is the first time in decades I would say they should be consensus #1. They return a ton of talent and a 10-0 JV team. I didn't go to Folsom. Don't have kids there. Don't really care for the way they play at times but I know great when I see it.

Reactions: FolsomChamps6
Still will be hard for them to surpass DLS. The big difference will always be in the OL and DL play. That is what separates these teams. Have to wait until Folsom steps up their scheduling. Until they do, they cannot be at DLS's level.

Reactions: jordan24
Here we go again with the score conparisons. De La Salle beat Central by 19 points without their best player on offense (Robinson) and their best player on defense (Tuli). Score would have been much different with those 2 playing.

Agree using scoring comparisons is ridiculous as an exact measure, but watching games between the same opponents can be used for the “eye test”. It would be great if Folsom would go out and upgrade their schedule next season so we committee could consider them for Open. With the returning talent they have on hand there is ZERO excuse to not play a national game (or two!) next year

You DLS trolls can sling all the arrogant and ignorant postings that you want. But Folsom is a public school, they are undefeated and playing for a state title. Lots of other schools, including DLS wish they could say the same thing.

If DLS were to play Folsom, it would be a great game and who knows, DLS might even win the hypothetical match-up. But of course, they could easily lose. I think deep down you all know it, and that is why you display the insecurity.

Today, Folsom is a Norcal Champion. DLS is not.

Reactions: awood1 and FBAddict
I was obviously joking. Of course Folsom recruits. Same with DLS. But you know what recruits better than anybody? A winning brand. Period. Kids and parents go to places where they can win. It attracts quality players. Nothing can beat a tradition of excellence.

Good luck to all Norcal teams.

Folsom a public school that doesn't recruit? Please!! Have you seen some of the new skill players who are at Folsom. They don't seem home grown.
And anyone who believes Folsom is home grown they're blowing smoke up their cho-cho. I give credit to Folsom's coaching staff for the job they do with all the athletes they have at their disposal. But no one will ever convince me that all the athletes on this team are born and raised in Folsom. I could tell you that the athletes from schools like Central and Grant are home grown. It's unfortunate that those programs don't have championship coaching. If they did, Folsom would be an afterthought like in the past.

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
And anyone who believes Folsom is home grown they're blowing smoke up their cho-cho. I give credit to Folsom's coaching staff for the job they do with all the athletes they have at their disposal. But no one will ever convince me that all the athletes on this team are born and raised in Folsom. I could tell you that the athletes from schools like Central and Grant are home grown. It's unfortunate that those programs don't have championship coaching. If they did, Folsom would be an afterthought like in the past.

Curious, if a kid is on a public school team, and is not “homegrown” (whatever the hell thats supposed to mean) are you insinuating he must be recruited? In this day and age I know parents that send their kids to a particular school for any number of reasons. I have a friend who rented an apartment so his twins could go to a better quality elementary school as Kindergartners. They are now in the feeder HS for that same elementary school, and the son is playing sports, is he recruited? What about the stud athlete whose local school team as awful, with terrible coaching? Should he just accept his fate or try to better his situation?
I don’t mean to insinuate RECRUITING doesn’t occur...but I think it’s more that programs ATTRACT KIDS and PARENTS simply by being successful

You DLS trolls can sling all the arrogant and ignorant postings that you want. But Folsom is a public school, they are undefeated and playing for a state title. Lots of other schools, including DLS wish they could say the same thing.

If DLS were to play Folsom, it would be a great game and who knows, DLS might even win the hypothetical match-up. But of course, they could easily lose. I think deep down you all know it, and that is why you display the insecurity.

Today, Folsom is a Norcal Champion. DLS is not.
Did somebody hit a nerve? Lol. Take a deep breath Feedback. I didn' say anything bad about Folsom. Props to Folsom on the win
Yes, they are a good team. Yes, they are undefeated. Yes, they are a partial NorCal champion. Yes, they are playing for a state title (D1AA or something) yes, they will probably win it too. And yes, Mater Dei (best team in the Nation) will beat DLS next week. They would beat any team in the Nation this year. And yes, if I lived in the Sac area and had a son that played football (and if Folsom is great academically) I would probably try to find a way to get him to Folsom because they are a legit program. But let's keep it real. Like somebody else said, until they play and beat some legit, top notch state and national programs, they will be #2 in Norcal. Because at the end of the day, to be the best, you have to beat the best. And today, whether you like it or not, DLS is the best team/program in Norcal and Folsom is #2.

Curious, if a kid is on a public school team, and is not “homegrown” (whatever the hell thats supposed to mean) are you insinuating he must be recruited? In this day and age I know parents that send their kids to a particular school for any number of reasons. I have a friend who rented an apartment so his twins could go to a better quality elementary school as Kindergartners. They are now in the feeder HS for that same elementary school, and the son is playing sports, is he recruited? What about the stud athlete whose local school team as awful, with terrible coaching? Should he just accept his fate or try to better his situation?
I don’t mean to insinuate RECRUITING doesn’t occur...but I think it’s more that programs ATTRACT KIDS and PARENTS simply by being successful
First of all mrbig, I got much respect for you as a poster before I respond to your post. Now, I re-read my post and I see nothing about me mentioning a thing about Folsom recruiting. As a matter of fact, I'm on record saying the opposite. I've been saying and a firm believer that success of a program will attract top players from other programs. Do I believe coaches play a part in that. Yes, to some degree but for the most part it's the players and their parents that decides another school is better suited for the players talent level. Am I banging Folsom for the emergence of the kids from Reno, Nope. I believe the parents along with the players made a very good decision and I would have done the same for my child. All I was saying is the kids from Grant grew up in that area and so did the kids from Central. You want see a kid from Granite Bay, Elk Grove or Folsom transfer into Grant just as you won't see a kid from Clovis, Bullard or Hoover to transfer into Central for the purpose to play football. When I was a Junior I thought about transferring to Clovis West because they were becoming a new section power in football. Knowing that CW would utilize my God given talent better than the school I was attending. CW had quickly became a rival to the section power Clovis under legendary coach Tim Simmons. So I get it, kids want to go where their talent will be utilized to help them make it to the next level moreso than winning a championship. I was that kid as well.

Did somebody hit a nerve? Lol. Take a deep breath Feedback. I didn' say anything bad about Folsom. Props to Folsom on the win
Yes, they are a good team. Yes, they are undefeated. Yes, they are a partial NorCal champion. Yes, they are playing for a state title (D1AA or something) yes, they will probably win it too. And yes, Mater Dei (best team in the Nation) will beat DLS next week. They would beat any team in the Nation this year. And yes, if I lived in the Sac area and had a son that played football (and if Folsom is great academically) I would probably try to find a way to get him to Folsom because they are a legit program. But let's keep it real. Like somebody else said, until they play and beat some legit, top notch state and national programs, they will be #2 in Norcal. Because at the end of the day, to be the best, you have to beat the best. And today, whether you like it or not, DLS is the best team/program in Norcal and Folsom is #2.
Well said, townbiz. It's crazy how some folks see it as bashing Folsom because we mention they have kids that transferred in from another geographical area. When in all we're not against that or slighting Folsom for that. We're just saying the addition is a big factor and DLS is still the big dog in NorCal if you like it or not. Until Folsom beefs up their preseason schedule or plays DLS this is a no-brainer to anyone here that knows football. And all this talk about Folsom could have beaten DLS is just talk and talk is cheap so cut it.

It's like 2014 all over again, where you have this talk about how Folsom could beat DLS and how DLS fans are scared of the possibility Folsom would win if the 2 played.

NEWSFLASH: DLS plays top nationally ranked teams every year. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. Something Folsom doesn't do. I highly doubt anyone on the DLS side is scared of Folsom. If anything, Folsom is the ones that appear to be scared, since they have never played anyone of the same caliber that DLS has played

Would be nice to see Folsom step up their schedule and actually play some competition in the Pre-season.

Honestly it's ridiculous to think anyone knows how a game between Folsom and DLS would go based on the common opponent of Central. No one knows how these teams would match-up, so unless they play (which won't happen) it's just mindless chatter.

As far as how these two schools get their athletes, who cares. Both DLS and Folsom have established programs and draw athletes as a result. Bottom line, both teams are NorCal teams playing in a state game. So Go Folsom , Go DLS, and Go NorCal.

Now realistically I see Folsom as having the best shot at winning. I hope DLS can at least keep it respectable.

Folsom a public school that doesn't recruit? Please!! Have you seen some of the new skill players who are at Folsom. They don't seem home grown.

Careful John. I can’t be the only one that reads your post and shake my head at the implications it appears to make.

So...mtnjohn, can you explain when looking at these “new skill players”, what is it about them that “don’t seem home grown” to you?
Also, can you even answer which players on Folsom’s team LOOK like they are “home grown”, and which ones don’t? BTW, which of these skill players you refer to are “NEW”? Did they play last year? What about them is “new” to you? Or are you regurgitating other peoples posts and trying to create your own agenda? Either way, careful at what you are implying, purposely or not.

Sorry to everyone else for my rant, but reading this particular post, from this particular poster, seems to border on crossing some lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: awood1
First of all mrbig, I got much respect for you as a poster before I respond to your post. Now, I re-read my post and I see nothing about me mentioning a thing about Folsom recruiting. As a matter of fact, I'm on record saying the opposite. I've been saying and a firm believer that success of a program will attract top players from other programs. Do I believe coaches play a part in that. Yes, to some degree but for the most part it's the players and their parents that decides another school is better suited for the players talent level. Am I banging Folsom for the emergence of the kids from Reno, Nope. I believe the parents along with the players made a very good decision and I would have done the same for my child. All I was saying is the kids from Grant grew up in that area and so did the kids from Central. You want see a kid from Granite Bay, Elk Grove or Folsom transfer into Grant just as you won't see a kid from Clovis, Bullard or Hoover to transfer into Central for the purpose to play football. When I was a Junior I thought about transferring to Clovis West because they were becoming a new section power in football. Knowing that CW would utilize my God given talent better than the school I was attending. CW had quickly became a rival to the section power Clovis under legendary coach Tim Simmons. So I get it, kids want to go where their talent will be utilized to help them make it to the next level moreso than winning a championship. I was that kid as well.

Junkie, I do owe you a bit of an apology. Your post did not mention recruiting, although some others on here did and I mixed them together. And as I stated, I do KNOW recruiting happens, everywhere, although I think the amount of actual recruiting is VERY limited. It’s mostly parents wanting what they think is best for their kids

BTW, I’m not a Folsom fan. I’m a SJS fan, and therefore root for the Bulldogs when they battle outside our section. Just as I rooted for DO, Grant, GB, etc when they represented the region previously.

And you are right, not a lot of families moving their kids to get into Grant, (although Chad Elliott comes to mind). I’ve got respect for you too my friend, although I still think the List of big-time ballers from The G has got to be longer than Central. ;-)

Junkie, I do owe you a bit of an apology. Your post did not mention recruiting, although some others on here did and I mixed them together. And as I stated, I do KNOW recruiting happens, everywhere, although I think the amount of actual recruiting is VERY limited. It’s mostly parents wanting what they think is best for their kids

BTW, I’m not a Folsom fan. I’m a SJS fan, and therefore root for the Bulldogs when they battle outside our section. Just as I rooted for DO, Grant, GB, etc when they represented the region previously.

And you are right, not a lot of families moving their kids to get into Grant, (although Chad Elliott comes to mind). I’ve got respect for you too my friend, although I still think the List of big-time ballers from The G has got to be longer than Central. ;-)
Right on big dawg. We'll keep it there.

Reactions: mrbig864
Careful John. I can’t be the only one that reads your post and shake my head at the implications it appears to make.

So...mtnjohn, can you explain when looking at these “new skill players”, what is it about them that “don’t seem home grown” to you?
Also, can you even answer which players on Folsom’s team LOOK like they are “home grown”, and which ones don’t? BTW, which of these skill players you refer to are “NEW”? Did they play last year? What about them is “new” to you? Or are you regurgitating other peoples posts and trying to create your own agenda? Either way, careful at what you are implying, purposely or not.

Sorry to everyone else for my rant, but reading this particular post, from this particular poster, seems to border on crossing some lines.
Does a post like that coming from a poster that has "mtnjohn" in the name really surprise you? I sort of miss the outrageous comments made by the original Mtnjohn lol ;)

Reactions: sarpar
Top 20?
Bishop Gorman at 14.
Bishop Gorman 34-7.
IJS
Not sure what your point to this post is? Everyone knows DLS was blasted by BG. At least DLS scheduled the game and tried. That is more than I can say for any opponents Folsom has scheduled "IJS"

I meant to clarify by saying that all of a sudden transfers of very good players who are past their freshmen year seemed to appear out of nowhere. That is a bit like what happens all the time in Southern California.

Folsom played DLS twice with the best QB they’ll ever, or have ever had and STILL got smoked...twice, period. They had their shots. All the if only this, and if only that along with shoulda, woulda, coulda is a bunch of nonsense and hearsay. Folsom has really represented NorCal very respectfully, and will hopefully bring home another state title. So, until DLS/Folsom ever happens again, the horse has already been beaten to a bloody pulp.

Reactions: remc
I meant to clarify by saying that all of a sudden transfers of very good players who are past their freshmen year seemed to appear out of nowhere. That is a bit like what happens all the time in Southern California.
Which players are you talking about? Every single one of the starters on Folsom has attended Folsom since their freshman year of Highschool. Most except the “Reno Express” played together in Jr. Bulldogs. This idea that Folsom is only good this year because of transfers is ridiculous. Would this argument have been last year, or two years ago, it would be completely valid (As the a lot of Folsom’s skill players we’re transfers). The “Reno Express,” was just a term coined by an Oak Ridge coach that was obviously upset his “Folsom Express,” of Davin, Anderson, and Jenner,” and Pleasant Grove QB transfer Marco Baldachino couldn’t keep up with a team of Folsom kids that have attended the school since their Freshman year. Are all the kids from the Folsom area? No. Are they “transfers” recruited by the coaches to ensure Folsom is the #1 program in NorCal? Nope. In fact I don’t think Folsom has a problem being #2, all they care about is winning football games (something they have done well this season.)

U
Folsom played DLS twice with the best QB they’ll ever, or have ever had and STILL got smoked...twice, period. They had their shots. All the if only this, and if only that along with shoulda, woulda, coulda is a bunch of nonsense and hearsay. Folsom has really represented NorCal very respectfully, and will hopefully bring home another state title. So, until DLS/Folsom ever happens again, the horse has already been beaten to a bloody pulp.

This is not an accurate statement. I assure you that even IF you consider Jake Browning the “best QB (Folsom has) ever had” (which some, no doubt will), he was a far superior QB in 2014, his Senior season, than he was in 2012 and 2013, the 2 years he matched up against DLS. Many will argue your false statement even further pointing to Mr. California Football and MaxPreps Player of the year, Dano Graves as Folsom’s best ever, And a much better fit to probably challenge such a high level defense as DLS.

It’s also naive to say because a team lost to another 2x previously, “they had their shot”. Anyone who watched Folsom’s 2014 squad know how much better that team was than the previous seasons. I watched Granite Bay battle Folsom pretty well in 2013 and only lose by 2 TDS. The next year, Folsom beat GB 63-0!!! Heck, St Mary’s beat Folsom last season and lost this season. Things change, teams change, outcomes change year I’ve year.

Now I will agree with you that until Folsom proves they can beat DLS on the field, or at least beat some National Level Squads to improve their resume, they will have to settle for watching DLS play in the Open Division. I don’t think anyone on here would argue that point, or the point that DLS deserves the Open nod again this year. DLS has earned their spot over the years IMHO through consistently challenging themselves. While the “woulda should coulda” can get old, to dismiss the simple premise that a Folsom v DLS in 2014 (or this year), Grant v DLS in 2008, Elk Grove v DLS in 1996 ‘might have’ ended in an outcome foreign to Spartans is also short sided.

Get over it...Go North!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deltadodger
to dismiss the simple premise that a Folsom v DLS in 2014 (or this year), Grant v DLS in 2008, Elk Grove v DLS in 1996 ‘might have’ ended in an outcome foreign to Spartans is also short sided.

Get over it...Go North!!
Did you mean to say Elk Grove for that year. I thought Grant had the better squad in 96, or were you referring to the 98 Elk Grove team with Lance Briggs that went 14-0? I know that Elk Grove team is still looked at as one of the best to ever come out of the SJS

Reactions: Deltadodger

Or at private schools. It's quite humorous that a fan of DLS would cry about talent not being home grown. As most are aware, many of the Spartans best players over the decades didn't hail from Concord -- and sometime nowhere close to it.

Like DLS, Folsom's success is attracting talent to their program. Like DLS, I don't believe Folsom is proactively recruiting. They don't have to. Consistent winning recruits on its own.

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but at what point do you consider a kid having “grown up” in an area? Do kids that move to an area in elementary school count as having grown up in an area? What if they move at the start of middle school? For example I have 7 cousins in the same family in Fresno area; they lived in the Buchanan zone for a long time, then right before the second kid started high school they moved to the Central area and the next like 4 kids graduated from Central. At what point did they become “homegrown”? Again, not being a smart ass I’m just curious as to when a person needs to move somewhere to be “from” there.

Folsom fans will always think they and better than DLS. Remember the scores of the two games they played? Well, the teams haven't changed that much in relative strength, so hard to figure how you can say Folsom is better.

A few things about the 2013 dls vs folsom.their defensive captain and d-1 recruit middle linebacker Bailey laolagi and possibly the best lineman to come out of norcal jona williams did not play in that game.both would have in 2014.just saying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT