ADVERTISEMENT

Friday State Bowls Game Thread

I Think it is safe to say the DLS has found their QB…. The Kid played his Butt off….

Great win for Lincoln, Congrats to them on a great season!!!

SD now on a 2 game winning Streak in the D-1AA Bowl!!!… 🤣
Agreed about DLS QB. Darn good game for a soph. He had alot of problems with snaps though, but showed flashes of brilliance and has a pretty good arm. Coaching staff does a terrible job with the passing scheme though. Pretty surprising that a school like DLS can't have a state Top 100 passing attack.

DLS playing with a lead is almost unbeatable, DLS playing from behind is not their strength.

I'm pretty interested to see if the surfer boys from Laguna Hills can match up to the team everyone talks so big about - Bellarmine.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Agreed about DLS QB. Darn good game for a soph. He had alot of problems with snaps though, but showed flashes of brilliance and has a pretty good arm. Coaching staff does a terrible job with the passing scheme though. Pretty surprising that a school like DLS can't have a state Top 100 passing attack.

DLS playing with a lead is almost unbeatable, DLS playing from behind is not their strength.

I'm pretty interested to see if the surfer boys from Laguna Hills can match up to the team everyone talks so big about - Bellarmine.
Sammy, Bellarmine finished 5th in the WCAL this year. This isn’t the team that played Santa Margarita or Folsom. Take that for what it is worth. Having said that, go Bells!!

...I'm pretty interested to see if the surfer boys from Laguna Hills can match up to the team everyone talks so big about - Bellarmine.
Sammy, when you say "everyone" do you mean 'no one"?

I can honestly say "no one" was talking about BP all season except to say "Wow, BP has really fallen off" and "How is BP even still playing?".

Your above comment is laughable.

• Haha
Reactions: bella123

Can u quote who has been talking all this big talk about Bellarmine? Give me multiple posts from multiples people here who have been saying they’re a “power “ ?

Can u quote who has been talking all this big talk about Bellarmine? Give me multiple posts from multiples people here who have been saying they’re a “power

Championship Games

...you. I think you accumulate points playing WCAL teams and league champions. Then there are A B and C leagues. Anyway In the CCS playoffs Bellarmine won their section title. Then they boat raced their regional opponent

Bellarmine and Grant back in Section Finals

Two former powers that hit some lean years are back in the Section finals with Bellarmine ready to take on St. Ignatius in CCS D2 and Grant playing Christian Brothers in SJS D3. Fairly quick turnaround for both of those new coaching staffs.

Norcal champ Scores

Vanden should be overmatched. Bellarmine is a D1 school playing in D3 playoffs. They have no business in the D3 playoffs

Week 14 Scoreboard

WCAL flexing their muscles a little tonight with Bellarmine beat Wilcox and SI over Aptos

Week 13 Scoreboard

Bellarmine vs Menlo-Atherrton has their RB Ben Pfaff back after missing several games injured - the Bells are a different team withthe 5'-11-190LB Pfaff - impressive RB

Championship Games

Despite being a WCAL team with a rich history, Bellarmine didn’t qualify for the CCS Open Division playoff bracket (set up primarily for WCAL teams

Championship Games

Can we agree that no one playoff setup is going to appease everyone? We have: 1. Bellarmine is in too low of a division because it's a big school 2.

Championship Games

Bellarmine would probably be ranked between #8-#10 in the CCS. And they have the largest population (by far) of boys of any school in the section.

Championship Games

Bellarmine without an ounce of doubt played its WCAL schedule undermanned due to injury & bad fortune. They were without the WCAL Jr of the Year in Pfaff for 4+ league games, the WCAL Kicker of the Year in Raney for 6 league games, 1st team all-league OLB Hanson for 2 league games, 2nd leading...

Last edited:

Championship Games

...you. I think you accumulate points playing WCAL teams and league champions. Then there are A B and C leagues. Anyway In the CCS playoffs Bellarmine won their section title. Then they boat raced their regional opponent

Bellarmine and Grant back in Section Finals

Two former powers that hit some lean years are back in the Section finals with Bellarmine ready to take on St. Ignatius in CCS D2 and Grant playing Christian Brothers in SJS D3. Fairly quick turnaround for both of those new coaching staffs.

Norcal champ Scores

Vanden should be overmatched. Bellarmine is a D1 school playing in D3 playoffs. They have no business in the D3 playoffs

Week 14 Scoreboard

WCAL flexing their muscles a little tonight with Bellarmine beat Wilcox and SI over Aptos

Week 13 Scoreboard

Bellarmine vs Menlo-Atherrton has their RB Ben Pfaff back after missing several games injured - the Bells are a different team withthe 5'-11-190LB Pfaff - impressive RB

Championship Games

Despite being a WCAL team with a rich history, Bellarmine didn’t qualify for the CCS Open Division playoff bracket (set up primarily for WCAL teams

Championship Games

Can we agree that no one playoff setup is going to appease everyone? We have: 1. Bellarmine is in too low of a division because it's a big school 2.

Championship Games

Bellarmine would probably be ranked between #8-#10 in the CCS. And they have the largest population (by far) of boys of any school in the section.

Championship Games

Bellarmine without an ounce of doubt played its WCAL schedule undermanned due to injury & bad fortune. They were without the WCAL Jr of the Year in Pfaff for 4+ league games, the WCAL Kicker of the Year in Raney for 6 league games, 1st team all-league OLB Hanson for 2 league games, 2nd leading...
I’m not reading where anyone said they a “NorCal power” in what you quoted me? Mostly criticism that they are mid level WCAL team who got lucky to play down level to make it this far…..not sure what language in So Cal where you inferred that people here said they are a dangerous NorCal power

Reactions: bella123
I’m not reading where anyone said they a “NorCal power” in what you quoted me? Mostly criticism that they are mid level WCAL team who got lucky to play down level to make it this far…..not sure what language in So Cal where you inferred that people here said they are a dangerous NorCal power
They are a dangerous power, in robotics that is. Over 100 athletes and four world championships. Maybe he heard about the Robotic Bells. LOL

• Haha

Cal 14

• Cal 14
    Experienced
  • Members
Posted September 6
On 9/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, Atticus Finch said:
Huh?
I can't even decipher what this means.
Are you trying to say that Serra or Bellarmine might have been on par with Centennial, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco?
In the double-OT Bellarmine year, Santa Margarita won the SS D-I title, but Westlake was chosen for the Open. In the D-I SGB, Bellarmine played SM toe-to-toe, who scored their winning TD with about a minute to play.
So, in that year, Bellarmine was very much about as good as the top SoCal teams.

Cal 14

California’s St. Francis vs Bellermine Prep is FREE on VZ 597 Friday night…

Cal 14 replied to BigDrop's topic in Varsity Forum
Bellarmine has been to 3 CIF State bowl games, losing to SS D-I winner Santa Margarita in the last minute in one of them. They also have the distinction of giving Folsom their most recent NorCal regional bowl loss

Last edited:

Cal 14

Posted September 6

…So, in that year, Bellarmine was very much about as good as the top SoCal teams…
Sammy

So you are using the above post by Cal 14 to try to support this hilarious comment you posted last night?

“I'm pretty interested to see if the surfer boys from Laguna Hills can match up to the team everyone talks so big about - Bellarmine”

So when you wrote “everyone”, it appears you really meant to state “one poster”, right? And when you wrote “talks so big”, you meant to say “made a reference (in September) to Bellarmine being good last decade”. Right?

You‘re a funny dude
😂🤣

Last edited:

Cal 14

Posted September 6

In the double-OT Bellarmine year, Santa Margarita won the SS D-I title, but Westlake was chosen for the Open. In the D-I SGB, Bellarmine played SM toe-to-toe, who scored their winning TD with about a minute to play.
So, in that year, Bellarmine was very much about as good as the top SoCal teams.

California’s St. Francis vs Bellermine Prep is FREE on VZ 597 Friday night…

Cal 14 replied to BigDrop's topic in Varsity Forum
Bellarmine has been to 3 CIF State bowl games, losing to SS D-I winner Santa Margarita in the last minute in one of them. They also have the distinction of giving Folsom their most recent NorCal regional bowl loss
So 1 poster talking about a team from almost a decade ago? Wtf u talking about bro?

So 1 poster talking about a team from almost a decade ago? Wtf u talking about bro?
As a casual observer of the boards over the years, the Bellarmine program has consistently been mentioned (as illustrated by the quotes) as a top Nor Cal program. I don't keep track of who said what, but distinctly remembered the quote about Bellarmine = Cen10. That would get anyone's attention and the casual observer would associate Bellarmine as a Top football school in Nor Cal. How could one not?

Last edited:
Sammy

So you are using the above post by Cal 14 to try to support this hilarious comment you posted last night?

“I'm pretty interested to see if the surfer boys from Laguna Hills can match up to the team everyone talks so big about - Bellarmine”

So when you wrote “everyone”, it appears you really meant to state “one poster”, right? And when you wrote “talks so big”, you meant to say “made a reference (in September) to Bellarmine being good last decade”. Right?

You‘re a funny dude
😂🤣
Most of the quotes were from this year, and I only posted them because you asked me to do your research. More than one poster has been pimping Bellarmine this year, and over the past 10 years.

Multiple posters stated that Bellarmine should be in D1 is expecting them to cruise through their current playoff and state bracket due to playing out manned programs. I just stated I would be interested to see how it plays out.

Most of the quotes were from this year, and I only posted them because you asked me to do your research. More than one poster has been pimping Bellarmine this year, and over the past 10 years.

Multiple posters stated that Bellarmine should be in D1 is expecting them to cruise through their current playoff and state bracket due to playing out manned programs. I just stated I would be interested to see how it plays out.
Sammy, Bellarmine has 6 losses this year. 5th in league. I’m rooting for them as are all the WCAL fans are but trying to hype them goes to far.

BTW how did Servite do this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: MC415

Multiples posters did not say they are going to cruise in their state game because the truth is there ain’t multiple posters who know enough about Laguna Hills to come to that conclusion, just stop it

Reactions: WCAL75
Sammy, Bellarmine has 6 losses this year. 5th in league. I’m rooting for them as are all the WCAL fans are but trying to hype them goes to far.

BTW how did Servite do this year?
Honest question because I don't know the answer. How many of the league losses were during the time that Bellarmine's "Impressive" RB Ben Pfaff was out due to injury? Is he now back as the starting RB? If so, that would seem to negate most if not all of the league losses. If so, then you are being disingenuous by citing that they came in 5th in league.

As far as Servite, is that a rhetorical question? If so, why bring it up in this discussion? Does anything related to Servite somehow change our interest in the outcome of the Bellarmine vs. Laguna Hills game?

As far as hyping the game, I'll leave that to the Mercury news.

I am just a mildly interested fan

Honest question because I don't know the answer. How many of the league losses were during the time that Bellarmine's "Impressive" RB Ben Pfaff was out due to injury? Is he now back as the starting RB? If so, that would seem to negate most if not all of the league losses. If so, then you are being disingenuous by citing that they came in 5th in league.

As far as Servite, is that a rhetorical question? If so, why bring it up in this discussion? Does anything related to Servite somehow change our interest in the outcome of the Bellarmine vs. Laguna Hills game?

As far as hyping the game, I'll leave that to the Mercury news.

I am just a mildly interested
They would still lose to Saint Francis, Mitty, Serra and they would drop one more game. So at best there would be 4 league losses and two non league losses. That totals 6 losses this year. If Laguna Hills wins that will make it 7 losses. Their home town news paper is wishful thinking.

I don’t understand you’re being on this board Mr SoCal. It’s usually to stir the pot.

Go Bells!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
They would still lose to Saint Francis, Mitty, Serra and they would drop one more game. So at best there would be 4 league losses and two non league losses. That totals 6 losses this year. If Laguna Hills wins that will make it 7 losses. Their home town news paper is wishful thinking.

I don’t understand you’re being on this board Mr SoCal. It’s usually to stir the pot.

Go Bells!!
So basically you are saying that Bellarmine is a lousy team, yet they rolled their section and regional game and are now representing the North in a SBG?

Shocking.

We all know how that SBG went. 7 losses
I was pretty sure that Bellarmine would win. I don't think that Laguna Hills has been mentioned on a HS football forum much, if at all until the last couple weeks. Personally I never heard of that school. Bellarmine on the other hand had several admirers on this site.

The game turned out to be pretty darn competitive and would have been fun to watch had it been televised.

I was pretty sure that Bellarmine would win. I don't think that Laguna Hills has been mentioned on a HS football forum much, if at all until the last couple weeks. Personally I never heard of that school. Bellarmine on the other hand had several admirers on this site.

The game turned out to be pretty darn competitive and would have been fun to watch had it been televised.
Well it’s NORCAL preps, why wouldn’t they be mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT