ADVERTISEMENT

FRIDY/sat. predictions round five

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
This week end is big game week, as there are a host of games that teams must win or hold their own. In the EBAL, first place is at stake between Monte Vista and California although the Grizzlies have a one game edge Antioch visits DLS and this game depends completely on the Panther O and D lines. While Pittsburg travels to Vacaville with one of the best scoring machines the Pirates have come up with in a long time.
GAME OF THE WEEK
Monte Vista 3-0 at California 4-0.....California 38- Monte Vista 35.....Defense is what is needed, can Cal put enough pressure on the Mustang QB to slow them down while the MV defense must find a way to contain the Grizzlies.. Or will every thing back fire and this game turns into a shoot out or they beat up on each other...
BIG GAMES
St. John Bosco 3-1 hosts St. Mary's of Stockton 4-0......St. John Bosco 44 St. Mary's 20.....St. John bosco has the big three in the offense named Terrance Beasley at 6-0 and 167 a RB, Demetrious Flowers at 6-0 and 210RB and LB plus Re-Al Mitchell at 5-11 and 185 at QB.....This team dismantled a team in Ohio to the tune of 34-0, went down fighting against Bishop Gorman 35-20 and walked all over Crespi 56-7....The Ram's defense will have their hands full trying to control what could be a out of control offense...But the Rams have just as much fire power, so they have to play their best game..
Antioch 3-1 visits DLS 3-1.....DLS 40 Antioch 14....If its up to Harris, it will be a long night unless the Panther O and d lines rise to the occasion as Harris can't do it all...So far, they have proved that they can't stop any body except for San Leandro to date and against Rancho Cotate ...there was a lot of doubt as to the out come...
Pittsburg 4-0 at Vacaville 3-1.....Pittsburg 44 Vacaville 24...Unless the Bulldogs can come up with a solid defense, the Pirate offense and defense will take control and dismantle the Bulldogs....
Freedom 4-0 at Bishop O'Dowd 3-0.....Freedom 41 Bishop O'Dowd 22 The Falcon wreaking crew led by Ronnie Rivers handles the Dragons..
GAME OF INTEREST
Piedmiont 3-1 at Encinal 3-1.....Encinal 33 Piedmont 27....The name Jets fits this team to a T as their speed should be enough to overcome the Highlanders..
THE NORTH BAY
There are four teams that are 3-0 and we have a show down between Ukiah 3-0 at Santa Rosa 3-0..the pick...Santa Rosa 26 Ukiah 13
Montgomery 3-0 at Rancho Cotate 1-2....RC 41 Montgomery 13...The bubble pops for Montgomery
Carrillo 1-2 at Windsor 3-0...Windsor 27 Carrillo 7...Of the four Windsor looks to be the best..
FREELANCE
San Leandro 1-3 at Logan0-4.....San Leandro 26 Logan 20...If the Pirates are not careful, the Colts, who are way over due for a win could be surprised, but we will see....
Antioch 3-1 at DLS.....DLS 40 Antioch 14
EBAL
Granada 3-0 at Amador Valley 1-3.....Granada 20 Amador Valley 14....Amador may be dangerous in this game, but Granada looks to continue its winning ways..
Monte vista 3-0 at California 4-0.....California 38 Monte Vista 35
Foothill 1-3 at Dublin 2-2.....Foothill 33 Dublin 20....After the falcons came from behind and knocked off San Ramon in over time, they have found new life..
San Ramon Valley 2-1 at Livermore 2-1.....SRV 39 Livermore 13...Don't know how the Cowboys are going to handle this game as the Wolves will be out for revenge after lost weeks loss..
BVAL
Freedom 4-0 at Bishop O'Dowd 3-0.....Freedom 41 Bishop O'Dowd 22
Antioch 3-1 at DLS 3-1.....DLS 40 Antioch 14
CVC 3-1 at Deer Valley 1-3.....CVC 52 Deer Valley 13....The eagles have a meat grinding running game and now its the wolverines turn to face them...
Berkely 2-2 at Heritage 4-0.....Heritage 34 Berkeley 20...The Patriot QB was on a rampage last week, so we will see how the team handles the Yellow Jackets...
Liberty 2-2 at Tracy 1-3.....Liberty 23 Tracy 20....The Lion's are still wondering how Concord jumped all over them, so now do they let their guard down anddrop another game or come to play..
Pittsburg 4-0 at Vacaville 3-1.....Pittsburg 44 Vacaville 24
DAL-FOOTHILL
Las Lomas 0-4 at College Park 2-2......College Park 40 Las Lomas 12....Its been a long time since the Knights have run into such hard times and it doesn't stop here...
Alhambra 2-2 at Miramonte 4-0.....Miramonte 41 Alhambra 14...Last week, the Bulldogs came to life and ran over Las Lomas, but it won't happen this coming Friday night unless they stay focused...
Mt. Diablo 0-4 at Oakland 2-1.....Oakland 26 Mt. Diablo 19....the Red Devils need a win and are over due. bit it may not happen Friday night..
North Gate 3-1 at Alameda 0-4.....North Gate 33 Alameda19....The Bronco's bag win number four...
Fremont 2-1 at Ygnacio Valley 1-3....Fremont 26 Ygnacio Valley 20...The Warriors could be on the brink of a victory, they just continue to struggle..
Sat. 9-24
Berean Christian 2-1 at Salesian 2-1....BC 28 Salesian 26... This could very well be a hard fought game, but BC should come out on top...
DAL-VALLEY
DeAnza 3-1 at Acalanes 2-2.....Acalanes 35 DeAnza 21.....The Don's passing ame will be way too much for DeAnza.
Hayward 2-2 at Campolindo 2-2.....Campolindo 44 Hayward 6...After last weeks loss, the Cougars handle an easy win.
Las Lomas 0-4 at College Park 2-2.....CP 40 Las Lomas 12
Benicia 2-2 at Concord 3-1.....Concord 40 Benicia 13.....Concord's big win over Liberty last week carries over to the Benicia game..
CVC 3-1 at Deer Valley 1-3.....CVC 52 Deer Valley 13
Alhambra 2-2 at Miramonte 4-0.....Miramonte 41 Alhambra 14....

Pittsburg

This week end is big game week, as there are a host of games that teams must win or hold their own. In the EBAL, first place is at stake between Monte Vista and California although the Grizzlies have a one game edge Antioch visits DLS and this game depends completely on the Panther O and D lines. While Pittsburg travels to Vacaville with one of the best scoring machines the Pirates have come up with in a long time.
GAME OF THE WEEK
Monte Vista 3-0 at California 4-0.....California 38- Monte Vista 35.....Defense is what is needed, can Cal put enough pressure on the Mustang QB to slow them down while the MV defense must find a way to contain the Grizzlies.. Or will every thing back fire and this game turns into a shoot out or they beat up on each other...
BIG GAMES
St. John Bosco 3-1 hosts St. Mary's of Stockton 4-0......St. John Bosco 44 St. Mary's 20.....St. John bosco has the big three in the offense named Terrance Beasley at 6-0 and 167 a RB, Demetrious Flowers at 6-0 and 210RB and LB plus Re-Al Mitchell at 5-11 and 185 at QB.....This team dismantled a team in Ohio to the tune of 34-0, went down fighting against Bishop Gorman 35-20 and walked all over Crespi 56-7....The Ram's defense will have their hands full trying to control what could be a out of control offense...But the Rams have just as much fire power, so they have to play their best game..
Antioch 3-1 visits DLS 3-1.....DLS 40 Antioch 14....If its up to Harris, it will be a long night unless the Panther O and d lines rise to the occasion as Harris can't do it all...So far, they have proved that they can't stop any body except for San Leandro to date and against Rancho Cotate ...there was a lot of doubt as to the out come...
Pittsburg 4-0 at Vacaville 3-1.....Pittsburg 44 Vacaville 24...Unless the Bulldogs can come up with a solid defense, the Pirate offense and defense will take control and dismantle the Bulldogs....
Freedom 4-0 at Bishop O'Dowd 3-0.....Freedom 41 Bishop O'Dowd 22 The Falcon wreaking crew led by Ronnie Rivers handles the Dragons..
GAME OF INTEREST
Piedmiont 3-1 at Encinal 3-1.....Encinal 33 Piedmont 27....The name Jets fits this team to a T as their speed should be enough to overcome the Highlanders..
THE NORTH BAY
There are four teams that are 3-0 and we have a show down between Ukiah 3-0 at Santa Rosa 3-0..the pick...Santa Rosa 26 Ukiah 13
Montgomery 3-0 at Rancho Cotate 1-2....RC 41 Montgomery 13...The bubble pops for Montgomery
Carrillo 1-2 at Windsor 3-0...Windsor 27 Carrillo 7...Of the four Windsor looks to be the best..
FREELANCE
San Leandro 1-3 at Logan0-4.....San Leandro 26 Logan 20...If the Pirates are not careful, the Colts, who are way over due for a win could be surprised, but we will see....
Antioch 3-1 at DLS.....DLS 40 Antioch 14
EBAL
Granada 3-0 at Amador Valley 1-3.....Granada 20 Amador Valley 14....Amador may be dangerous in this game, but Granada looks to continue its winning ways..
Monte vista 3-0 at California 4-0.....California 38 Monte Vista 35
Foothill 1-3 at Dublin 2-2.....Foothill 33 Dublin 20....After the falcons came from behind and knocked off San Ramon in over time, they have found new life..
San Ramon Valley 2-1 at Livermore 2-1.....SRV 39 Livermore 13...Don't know how the Cowboys are going to handle this game as the Wolves will be out for revenge after lost weeks loss..
BVAL
Freedom 4-0 at Bishop O'Dowd 3-0.....Freedom 41 Bishop O'Dowd 22
Antioch 3-1 at DLS 3-1.....DLS 40 Antioch 14
CVC 3-1 at Deer Valley 1-3.....CVC 52 Deer Valley 13....The eagles have a meat grinding running game and now its the wolverines turn to face them...
Berkely 2-2 at Heritage 4-0.....Heritage 34 Berkeley 20...The Patriot QB was on a rampage last week, so we will see how the team handles the Yellow Jackets...
Liberty 2-2 at Tracy 1-3.....Liberty 23 Tracy 20....The Lion's are still wondering how Concord jumped all over them, so now do they let their guard down anddrop another game or come to play..
Pittsburg 4-0 at Vacaville 3-1.....Pittsburg 44 Vacaville 24
DAL-FOOTHILL
Las Lomas 0-4 at College Park 2-2......College Park 40 Las Lomas 12....Its been a long time since the Knights have run into such hard times and it doesn't stop here...
Alhambra 2-2 at Miramonte 4-0.....Miramonte 41 Alhambra 14...Last week, the Bulldogs came to life and ran over Las Lomas, but it won't happen this coming Friday night unless they stay focused...
Mt. Diablo 0-4 at Oakland 2-1.....Oakland 26 Mt. Diablo 19....the Red Devils need a win and are over due. bit it may not happen Friday night..
North Gate 3-1 at Alameda 0-4.....North Gate 33 Alameda19....The Bronco's bag win number four...
Fremont 2-1 at Ygnacio Valley 1-3....Fremont 26 Ygnacio Valley 20...The Warriors could be on the brink of a victory, they just continue to struggle..
Sat. 9-24
Berean Christian 2-1 at Salesian 2-1....BC 28 Salesian 26... This could very well be a hard fought game, but BC should come out on top...
DAL-VALLEY
DeAnza 3-1 at Acalanes 2-2.....Acalanes 35 DeAnza 21.....The Don's passing ame will be way too much for DeAnza.
Hayward 2-2 at Campolindo 2-2.....Campolindo 44 Hayward 6...After last weeks loss, the Cougars handle an easy win.
Las Lomas 0-4 at College Park 2-2.....CP 40 Las Lomas 12
Benicia 2-2 at Concord 3-1.....Concord 40 Benicia 13.....Concord's big win over Liberty last week carries over to the Benicia game..
CVC 3-1 at Deer Valley 1-3.....CVC 52 Deer Valley 13
Alhambra 2-2 at Miramonte 4-0.....Miramonte 41 Alhambra 14....

Pittsburg
Bluedog,, Encinal's best athlete and quarterback is out with a broken collar bone.. I would tip the scale to Piedmont. Purvis transferred from McClymonds as his dad wanted him to play quarterback and Mack had two already. Purvis was a DB that takes the best defensive back out as well.

Bluedog,, Encinal's best athlete and quarterback is out with a broken collar bone.. I would tip the scale to Piedmont. Purvis transferred from McClymonds as his dad wanted him to play quarterback and Mack had two already. Purvis was a DB that takes the best defensive back out as well.
I wonder if this kid is a relative of two outstanding track and field performers. One was Amber Purvis if Benicia High, and the other name escapes me, but she was an outstanding D1 track prospect. I know that Amber had a nice track career at Oregon, and the other Purvus girl went to St Elizabeth in Oakland and got a D1 track scholarship as well.

I wonder if this kid is a relative of two outstanding track and field performers. One was Amber Purvis if Benicia High, and the other name escapes me, but she was an outstanding D1 track prospect. I know that Amber had a nice track career at Oregon, and the other Purvus girl went to St Elizabeth in Oakland and got a D1 track scholarship as well.
Bulldog, I thought the same thing, He's not related to the 4 other Purvis', Derrick's dad let me know while at a practice when his son was at McClymonds. I'm friends with the Purvis family Julian - St Elizabeth & Michigan, Ashton - St. Elizabeth, Miami, Laney onto Texas A&M, and their Mom, as well as Amber _ Benicia, Oregon. I haven't met D'ante the brother that went to Pionle and then played football at UNLV as a DB. Julian - State Champion 100m Hurdles, Ashton - State Champion in the 100m, 200m, Amber - Purvis - State Champion Long Jump, D'ante ran a state me qualifying time in the 100m but did not complete the track season due to a nagging hamstring injury.

Last edited:
PhotoGuy271......Prior to this kid getting injured, he was a holy terror, the new kid that stepped did O.K., but I sure hate to hear about these kids getting injured, so early in the season, or for that fact at any time....Maybe, I'm riding on wishful thinking, lets hope I'm right....This will be one of the best games of the week end and I may wind up choking on my words...

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
PhotoGuy271......Prior to this kid getting injured, he was a holy terror, the new kid that stepped did O.K., but I sure hate to hear about these kids getting injured, so early in the season, or for that fact at any time....Maybe, I'm riding on wishful thinking, lets hope I'm right....This will be one of the best games of the week end and I may wind up choking on my words...
I agree with you 100% Bluedog2, this should be a good game....

Round five starts Friday night and we have another warm evening and Sat. coming our way and no rain.....In the past, we have had at least a shower or two, but lady luck is on our side....

Bulldog, I thought the same thing, He's not related to the 4 other Purvis', Derrick's dad let me know while at a practice when his son was at McClymonds. I'm friends with the Purvis family Julian - St Elizabeth & Michigan, Ashton - St. Elizabeth, Miami, Laney onto Texas A&M, and their Mom, as well as Amber _ Benicia, Oregon. I haven't met D'ante the brother that went to Pionle and then played football at UNLV as a DB. Julian - State Champion 100m Hurdles, Ashton - State Champion in the 100m, 200m, Amber - Purvis - State Champion Long Jump, D'ante ran a state me qualifying time in the 100m but did not complete the track season due to a nagging hamstring injury.
He sure looks to have the Purvis speed gene

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
Monte Vista will beat Cal...too much O for Cal. Defense will be on the field alot with those quick hitters Haener likes to throw.

I don't know. That 27-24 score was much less than most thought it would be. The MV defense came through on that last Cal possession. Sounds like it was a great game.

Reactions: Paloma
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT