ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from Dublin!

Still getting organized here…. wifi password, etc.etc.

Okay…. 3:44 left 1st quarter, 8-7 Head-Royce leads Bellarmine.

After 1 quarter, Bells lead 16-12. They appear to have a fairly slight size edge, but Head-Royce has a good bit of speed, particularly 5’8” Bryce Clepper.

Time out Bells, now up 22-16 with 4:51 left 1st. Maybe I underestimated the size edge at first glance…

Putback at the buzzer for the Bells makes it 32-23 Bells at the half…. at the moment. There seems to be a dispute at the scorers table…

Bells hold ‘em off, winning 68-49. Probably would have been a much better game if Andre Iguadala’s sone hadn’t tranferred to a prep academy from Head Royce.

Player of the game, Julian Bospich of Bellarmine, scoring 19.

Next up, Ygnacio Valley plays Lincoln of Stockton.

YV features 6’10” star Evan McKnight…. I haven’t seen YV play in years…. but they surprised people with a 21-9 season last year and put themselves on the radar.

Lincoln seems to be a contender just about every year, but I have no idea who their stars are this season…

This is the opening game for both teams…

It sucks how long I have to negotiate the heavy ad maze at MaxPreps now…. and the app is even worse.

Maxpreps is almost useless with all the ads…. and it seems to be twice as bad as last year.

Lincoln is double-teaming McKnight from the jump….

so Antonio Kellog of YV is picking it up…. YV up 5-4 early, all Kellogg’s doing.

Just got a foul on McKnight, now 7-5 Lincoln. Make that 9-5 after a steal…. 5:02 left 1st.

Jalan Cody of YV nails one from the logo!

Lincoln unable to answer at the buzzer…. 22-14 YV. and McKnight has been pretty quiet so far.

Lincoln with a nice run, punctuated by a breakaway jam…. now 33-32 YV. 2:12 left in the half.

McKnight snags a wild pass, sets up a runout…. 35-32 YV.

Then a stop, and another Cody 3…. Suddenly YV by 6.

Kellogg scores inside, 40-32. Another stop, driving try results in a travel…. Lincoln’s Anthony Moore nails a 3 at the buzzer! 40-35 YV at the half.

Great Coverage as always Kiddman32!!

YV showing to be a tough matchup for Lincoln of Stockton.

Great line-up of games.

Reactions: ayalar09
I just now noticed YV has unly 7 guys dressed for the game…. but the guys they have can play.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Lincoln is double-teaming McKnight from the jump….

so Antonio Kellog of YV is picking it up…. YV up 5-4 early, all Kellogg’s doing.

Just got a foul on McKnight, now 7-5 Lincoln. Make that 9-5 after a steal…. 5:02 left 1st.
Antonio Kellogg Jr son of former Mack, Uconn guard

Reactions: M.C. fan
Quentin Thompson of Lincoln just hit the “up” button on the elevator for what would have been a “shut down the gym” dunk…. But was met just as high up, didn’t see what YV player did it, but he got a foul anyway…. Pretty amazing…. right now, 48-47 Lincoln. Now 51-47 after a 3…. Rebound, runout, score by Lincoln, and 1…. 53-47 Lincoln now. FT is good…. 54-47.

Kellogg fouled, 2 shots. 1 of 2. but Lincoln manages to race all the way down and score at the buzzer…. 56-48 Lincoln.

old-fashioned 3-point play by Kellogg makes it 58-53 now, Lincoln still leading.

Lincoln starting to find ways to break YV down now, 65-55 with 4:11 left in the game.

Lincoln wins it 73-60.

Player of the game: Lincoln’s Anthony Moore with (I think) 24 points.

Next up, Dublin v. St. Ignatius.

SI went 14-14 last season, Dublin went 18-12.

Dublin counters with soph Cameron Anderson and junior Jalen Stokes.

Early on, Dublin is making SI look like they’re running in quicksand…. 15-7 Dublin with 3 minutes left in the 1st.

9-0 Dublin run to start the 2nd, SI finally breaks it with a steal and runout. 28-15, 2:24 left in the half.

SI won’t go away, though…. Now it’s 38-28 pending an SI free throw. good. Dublin by 9.

Nice move by Stokes for a bucket, 40-29 Dublin. 3:07 left 3rd.

SI battling back, up to 43-36.

and a foul, bonus 2 shots for SI.

Both good, suddenly t’s a 5-point game.

Dublin’s Isaiah Wong drives, fouled, FT’s good. Last ditch bomb by SI falls short.

45-38 Dublin after 3 quarters. They look lie they should be able to shake ‘em, but haven’t done so thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT