ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from Dublin!

Roosevelt answers with another 3…

and a Riordan turnover gets the ball back to Roosevelt. 59-42, 3 minutes…

Sensley pass to the corner, a 3 for Riordan, and Hillman takes a charge! 59-45.

But Roosevelt gets to the rack for a layup…. 61-45. Hillman fouled, FT’s split… 61-46.

Hillman fouled again on next trip…. FT’s split, Roosevelt grabs the board…. but loses it back, Kaia Berridge at the line for Riordan. FT’s clanked…. stil 61-47.

Corener 3, no go…. Roosevelt foul on the rebound… and a T on the coach. but FT’s both missed.

LOTS of confusion…. but Sensley fouls out after discussion. Roosevelt to the rack for 2... 63-47.

A 3 by Jackson Haggins of Roosevelt ends the quarter. 66-47, as a quarter that showed promise early for Riordan ends badly.

Well…. Sensley is back in, so I must have misheard…

66-52, 6:25 left.

Hillman is a man possessed in there for Riordan…. He is all over the place! 66-54. That time he scored on an inbounds pass.

Burries fouled on the way up…. FT’s good. 68-54.

Terrific pass by Sensley to Tofi…. Sensley scores again next time down with a twisting layup. 68-58.

Burries fouled, bonus…. got 1. 69-58.

A Roosevelt guy just ran into Tofi. Cost him some pain and the rock…. and Hillman with a couple rebounds and a putback! 69-60.

Slater with a pretty stepback J, but Hillman answered with some tough work in the paint, then he got it again off a deflection, had it stolen, and chasedown SWAT by Hillman! Roosevelt T…. 71-64.
2 minutes…

Riordan gets a stop, can’t take advantage, then Slater nailed a dagger 3 from the corner. 74-64, 1:10 left.

Inbounds pass to Sensley, he nails a 3…. 74-67 with 1:06 left. Riordan time out.. They aren’t dead yet, but they need a miracle…

Riordan foul, Burries to the line. FT’s split. 75-67..

Hillman again with a drive and score…. Burries fouled again. 75-69. 28 seconds.

FT’s split. Hillman fouled (it was a charge, I’m sure of it, but they didn’t call that).

FT’s split, Roosevelt rebound, immediate foul…. Slater at line. First FT clanks, 2nd clanked!

Riordan rebound, but they throw it away, too much hurry. Jackson Haggins to the line, clanks the FT…. nails the 2nd. 77-70 Roosevelt. 8.5 seconds left, this baby’s over…. Hell of a game! Riordan scores a meaningless bucket at the end.

Player of the game, Brayden Burries with 28 points, 5 rebounds

Next, we have the short-handed Vanden vs Clovis West.

Apparently, there was a melee during Vanden’s game yesterday that will keep a few Vikings in street clothes today, one of which is their star, the Montana-bound Tyler Thompson.

Clovis West appears to have a couple guys in streets themselves, dunno if it’s transfers, injuries, or what…

I seem to be missing a good game, according to the scoreboard…. I only saw one 3 and a 2 the other way, but the board says 7-2…. now 7-4, now 10-4 CW in front.

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffingg glue…

Now it’s 14-4 CW. 4:53 left 1st.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Corner 3 for Vanden’s Josh Neal makes it 16-11 now…

DJ Stickman scores inside for CW, but Vanden answers with a 3…. 18-14, and Vanden scores again…. but Stickman hits a 3…. 21-16.

Vanden scores on the break, 21-18, and that’s the quarter.

Now it’s 23-20 CW, Vanden’s Carroway fouled on a try…. FT’s good. 23-22 CW.

Vanden steal and score, they take the lead!

Stickman drives, scores, fouled, missed FT. But Vanden with a putback and then a steal and score…. 28-25 Vanden. 4:22 left.

Zach Chauhan of CW fouled, at line…. first nope, 2nd yes. 28-26 Vanden.

Jayden Robinson with a Vanden 3…. 31-26.

Steal, pass to a Vanden score, another steal, another Vanden score…. no, I’m not a broken record. That’s how it happened. :). Now 36-26.

Nice drive for a score by Josh Neal for CW…. 36-28.

Ashan Huff fouled going up for Vanden.. FT’s whiffed.

Huff again, a putback score…. 38-28.

Cam Ardissano with a CW 3, then a steal and another CW score…. suddeny it’s only a 5-point lead. 38-33. CW last shot try…. Nope. 38-33 at the half.

Now 51-48, but a Vanden charge gives CW the rock, 2:45 left.

Corner 3 for Ardissano! Tied at 51.

Vanden with a few offensive rebounds, lead to Huff getting fouled. FT’s nope, nope…

Carroway seed the way to a score…. (see what I did there?). 53-51 Vanden.

Vanden now with last-second try, nope.. and Huff earned a T. Both tech FT’s good by Jackson Young.

Tied at 53. and that’s the quarter after a last second bomb misses…

CW takes the first time in a minute…. 55-53.

Vanden drive swatted away by Chris Baudreau, then he scores on the other end…. 57-53 CW.

DJ Stickman scores after a steal, then CW forces another turnover! Momentum has flipped bigtime! 59-53.

Stickman driving layup…. 61-53, another steal! Baudreau scores off a nice pass… and suddenly CW is up by 10! 63-53.

Another steal, drive, score…. 65-53…. Vanden finally stops the bleeding with a putback, but CW with another layup…. and the scorer, Jackson Young, cramped up…. Replacement Ardissano nails the FT. 68-55, another steal, Stickman fouled on a drive…. one of two in…. 69-55.

Nice running shot by Josh Neal, 69-57. 3:42 left in the ballgame.

Vanden 3ball is good after a CW putback…. 71-60.

Nice drive and score by Vanden’s AnDrue Perkins…. 71-62.

Now Jonovan Darrington is fouled, 2 FT’s for CW…. Both missed, but CW rebounds.

Jace Kellogg for CW now at the line…. Both good. 73-62.

Steal by Stickman, nice pass down to Chauhan, who is hacked. FT’s split…. 74-62.

2 minutes…

NICE finish by Stickman…. 76-62. 1:24 left.

This baby’s over, gonna take a break. :)

Next up: Capital Christian v. SRV.

Had a 5-hour energy drink, that’ll keep me going…. The stuff really works.. Not really for 5 hours, but a lot more than a coffee or a red bull or a caffeine pill…. Okay, commercial over.

Both teams are making their season debut here, I think…. SRV has almost everyone back from a terrific 2022-23 team, with Seamus Deely and Luke Isaak the guys I remember most.

CC, I don’t know nearly as much, but their black-and-dark blue uni’s are a real eye test. :)

Next up: Capital Christian v. SRV.

Had a 5-hour energy drink, that’ll keep me going…. The stuff really works.. Not really for 5 hours, but a lot more than a coffee or a red bull or a caffeine pill…. Okay, commercial over.

Both teams are making their season debut here, I think…. SRV has almost everyone back from a terrific 2022-23 team, with Seamus Deely and Luke Isaak the guys I remember most.

CC, I don’t know nearly as much, but their black-and-dark blue uni’s are a real eye test. :)

CJ Willenborg and I believe one other from CC are sitting due to transfer rules.

Early on, it’s 5-3 SRV. Had a little connection trouble (Gee, that never happens…)

Isaak moves off-ball, is rewarded with a layup… and he’s fouled, sinks the FT…. Scoreboard need to be corrected…. I think. but right now it says 7-5 SRV.

Well, nobody has complained yet, so I must be nuts…. anyway, now it’s tied at 12. SRV ball.

1:28 left 1st…

Nice move and shot by SRV’s Mason Thomas…. 14-12 SRV. But CC ties it right back up, Myles Wiggens with the putback.

SRV scores 2, I missed it…. 16-14.

Nice moves and finish by Thomas at the buzzer!! 18-14 SRV after 1 q.

Fred Blue just blue right past everyone and was fouled on the way up…. FT’s good for CC.

CC ties it up after a stop….

GREAT pass to Thomas Conley for a score by SRV…. 20-18 SRV.

CC turnover…. Sorry, can’t see their numbers, if I don’t hear the announcer, they aren’t likely to get a mention…. C’mon, CC, better uni’s, please…. :)

Turnover by CC leads to another SRV score…. 22-18.

Jaylen Valdez scores for CC off a nice pass, but Seamus Deely is fouled, makes one FT…

Mohammad Kamara scores for CC…. tied at 23.

Elloit Conley nails a corner 3 for SRV.. and they get a stop… and Isaak scores on a putback…. 28-23 SRV.

2:36 left in the half.

Deely is rewarded for running the floor after his rebound…. but CC scores right back.

Matthew Diekmann hits a 3 for SRV…. 33-25. 1:19 left in the half.

Now it’s 35-28 SRV, under a minute…

CC foul trying for an offensive rebound. SRV ball, 45 seconds.

Deely gets a putback score at the buzzer…. 37-28 SRV at the half.

SRV with a pair of scores right off the bat, CC calls time. 41-28, not even a minute into the 2nd half.

48-33 now, danger zone for CC.

Make that 50-33 after an amazing play by Deely to set up a teammate…. missed who, but he did that thang…. 1 FT made by CC, time out, 3:26 left 3rd.. SRV has it after a turnover.

CC ain’t done yet…. they got it to 51-43 before Isaak nailed a 3. Steal by SRV, tho…. Isaak fouled, to the line for 2.makes 1. 55-43.

Diekmann fouled, bonus,,, 2 shots. FT’s good. 57-43.

SRV with a stop, Conley fouled…. FT’s good…. 59-43.

Blue fouled, makes 1…. 58-44.

SRV hold for one…. Which they get, by Diekmann on a drive to the rack. 60-44, SRV is back in charge.

Now they changed the scoreboard, and it’s 60-43.

Anyway, starting the 4th…

SRV is doing everything right, just took a charge…

SRV beats the press easily, Isaak with a layup. 62-44.

CC scores off a steal…. 62-46.

CC misses four in a row at very close range, SRV ball.

Now 64-48 after an amazing rebound by Elliot Conley, who made a nice pass out of that with guys falling on him for an easy SRV score.

Now 64-50, 3:21 left.. Isaak at the line, sinks a pair. 66-50.

Jaylen Valdez finishes a break for CC with a dunk…. 66-52. 2:22 left.

Winding this one down here…

70-56 final…

Player of the game, Luke Isaak.

Next up: Mitty vs Branson.

Both teams making their season debut, both are highly ranked in NorCal, both with a great shot at making NorCal Open.

Jase Butler opens the scoring, 2 for Branson.

Nathan Nornha fouled on the way up for Mitty…. FT’s good, tied at 2.

Semitri Carr nails a 3 from the top for Branson…. 5-2.

Kai Groleu nails a Mitty 3. 5-all.

Trade of bucket, 7-all…

sweeeeet pass by Butler leads to a bucket for the Bulls! 9-7.

Butler with a terrific move next time down, 11-7.

Noronha gets one for Mitty, 11-9….

1:40 left 1st.

GREAT drive and score by Finley Keefe for Branson, fouled, bricks FT. 13-9.

Tyler JOnes with a nice move for Mitty, but Carr hits a 3 for Branson…. 16-11 Branson.

Mitty looks for a last shot, but Carr steals and hits Butler for a layup at the buzzer! 18-11 Branson after 8 minutes.

Butler with a FABULOUS hezi move after a Branson stop, 20-11…. and he’s fouled, sinks the FT. 21-11.

Butler with another great move to score, and he’s fouled…. and the FT is good. Deja vu all over again…. 24-11.

Butler is KILLING it! Nails a 3…. 27-13.

Mitty’s Tyler Jones nails a 3.. 27-16, but Butler returns the favor. 30-16.

Carr with a nifty move, scores, fouled…. I’ve seen THIS movie before…. FT good. 33-16. 2:20 left in the half.

So far, Branson is putting on a SHOW!

Mitty finally runs a play tht works…. Gavin Ripp is finally heard from. 33-18.

Ripp again, back-to-the-hoop move. 33-20.

Branson with a runout off a rebound…. 35-20. and that’s the half.

Ripp foules, hits 2 FT,s and their press causes a Branson turnover…. and Mitty scores again. 35-24, but Butler makes a beauty of a pass to set up a Bulls bucket…. 37-24. 6:47 left 3rd.

Ripp fouled on the way.. FT’s split. 37-25.

Mitty blocks a shot, then Daniel Ryan gets a putback…. 37-27. Mitty ain’t done by any means.

Butler fouled, FT’s split. 38-27.

Butler rebounds a miss, leads the break for a score by DJ armstrong, who’s fouled…. FT missed. 40–27.

Steal by Mitty’s Tyler Jones, goes the length of the floor, scores, and draws Carr’s third foul in the process. 40-29 pending the and one…. good, 40-30. 4:30 mark..

Nice pass to Carr for a layup… 42-30.

TJ Armstrong with a great putback score…. 44-30, now 44-32 after Mitty scores off a nice pass…. 3:15 mark.

Ripp foules, hits 2 FT,s and their press causes a Branson turnover…. and Mitty scores again. 35-24, but Butler makes a beauty of a pass to set up a Bulls bucket…. 37-24. 6:47 left 3rd.

Ripp fouled on the way.. FT’s split. 37-25.

Mitty blocks a shot, then Daniel Ryan gets a putback…. 37-27. Mitty ain’t done by any means.

Butler fouled, FT’s split. 38-27.

Butler rebounds a miss, leads the break for a score by DJ armstrong, who’s fouled…. FT missed. 40–27.

Steal by Mitty’s Tyler Jones, goes the length of the floor, scores, and draws Carr’s third foul in the process. 40-29 pending the and one…. good, 40-30. 4:30 mark..

Nice pass to Carr for a layup… 42-30.

TJ Armstrong with a great putback score…. 44-30, now 44-32 after Mitty scores off a nice pass…. 3:15 mark.

Site crash, coming up slowly…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT