ADVERTISEMENT

GRIDLEY!!

Monroe gets free on baseline, contested floater is up... Rim, backbaord, rim... OUT!

Repeat after me... What are the two greatest words in the universe... FREE BASKETBALL!!

Riordan gets ball after miss, Wilson fouled. Both FT’s good, Riordan up by 1...

Inside shot no good for CC, Wilson scores inside... Riordan by 3. Johnson drives for CC, is fouled... 2 shots, CC down 3. 1:52 left in OT.

Both good... Riordan ball, up 1. CC almost gets a steal, but out of bounds.

Moving screen on Riordan! CC had three tries up close, but no go. Riordan ball and 58-57 lead...

Time out to avoid a 5-second call... Still Riordan ball and 1-point lead. 60 seconds left in the OT...

Riordan gets it in, drive... Wilson foued, at line... Good... Good. CC ball, down 3...

Vaihola steals! Riordan ball, 25.9 seconds left and 60-57 lead... Vaihola fouled, at line... MISS! MISS! CC has a shot, down 3... Foul on outside, 2 FT’s. MISS! Make! Immediate CC foul, FT contest... 60-58, Riordan at line, 2 shots.First good, second good.

Desperation heave by CC misses everything, Riordan ball... 62-58, at line. Crusaders advance. Heckuva game!

Reactions: jordan24
63-58 final... Now we get the Salesian dress-rehearsal... er, Salesian-Gridley game.

Salesian up 7-4 in the early going... now 7-6... Gridley appears pretty solid... How long can they hang with these guys? 9-6 now, 4:41 left in the 1st quarter.

Great Game plan and execution by Capital Christian.
Yes it was. Way to go for Jelani and Bryce and the Crusaders to fight through it. Only helps in preparation/experience as opposing teams implement similar game plans. Most of these teams return up to 4 starters that have played 2 seasons together. Riordan taking crash course in gaining valuable game experience together against tough competition.

15-6 Salesian, wayyy too much bounce and size for Gridley, but I’m quite impressed. These “farm boys” are solid and know what they’re doing.

25-11, and we just had a Gridley guy upchuck on the court... Cleanup on Aisle 5!!

15-6 Salesian, wayyy too much bounce and size for Gridley, but I’m quite impressed. These “farm boys” are solid and know what they’re doing.
Dublin announcers laughing at the kid who got sick on the floor. Also refusing to identify any of the Salesian or Gridley players by name. Tournament could really do without this clown show

Dublin announcers laughing at the kid who got sick on the floor. Also refusing to identify any of the Salesian or Gridley players by name. Tournament could really do without this clown show

You get what you pay for! Personally I am happy to get the feed for the games - you can always mute the volume :)

43-18 at the half... Salesian just too quick and bouncy... But Gridley is solid and plays hard.

PPaaiirrrirQUOTE="youseechief, post: 251795, member: 1148"]Last few years have been pretty good. High school announcers are hit or as it is but the new crews can be rough.[/QUOTE]
Pair that did the Riordan-CC game were pretty good

If those announcers made fun of a kid who got sick during the game, they need to be reprimanded. This is high school basketball, not the NBA. These kids have lives. Imagine if that video goes viral or something. How embarrassing it would be for that kid.

Shame on the announcers if they really made fun of someone for getting sick!

Reactions: cherylbaustin
If those announcers made fun of a kid who got sick during the game, they need to be reprimanded. This is high school basketball, not the NBA. These kids have lives. Imagine if that video goes viral or something. How embarrassing it would be for that kid.

Shame on the announcers if they really made fun of someone for getting sick!
Calm down. They are clearly new to announcing. They need to be corrected and educated. I just hope this pair learns some names by Saturday. I can’t wait for tomorrow. All Gridley games are good but everyone (not really) knows I love Gridley on Friday night of the GIBT.

72-32 final... Now it’s time for the Tough Kids from the Back Alleys of Moraga! Campo faces Weston Ranch in the Battle Of The Cougars.

Reactions: ayalar09
WR follows with an inside bucket before E Callas scores and is hacked... and hits the FT. 5-3 WR.

Coilton for 3... 14-5. Already threatening to get ugly... But Aidan gets inside, fouled... makes 1 of 2. 14-6.

Wilburn with an impressive offensive board and putback... and fouled... misses FT, but it’s 16-6.

Wilburn is a very impressive player.

Have no idea how better known colleges aren’t offering this guy a scholarship!

Aidan great pass to Callas... 16-8... and a rebound and fast break... Aidan scores, is fouled... FT good. 16-11.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT