ADVERTISEMENT

GRIDLEY!!

Aidan opens the 2nd quarter scoring... 4 minutes in... 20-19. WR returns the favor... 22-19.

3:18 left in the half...Carter sinks a flaoter... 22-21. WR miss, Campo rebound, but Wilburn steals... Callas gets 2nd foul. Wilburn nails one from Oroville... 25-21 WR. Radell scores for Campo... 25-23. Campo ball after a turnover... Miss, WR rebound, but Aidan takes a charge,,, Campo ball. Aidan barely misses jumper... but WR turns it over again...

Oops, WR scored. 27-23. Max Weaver fouled, sinks both... Coilton charges... 12.6 left in the half, Campo ball on own end... Carter Mahaney Magic strikes again! He sinks a runner to tie it at the half!! 27-27.

Too many charging calls ...rewarding kids for running up under another kid. Weston Ranch has to adjust their game. Other than the Mahaney Brothers not much to really to worry about. They are controlling the pace...good first half.

Callas gets 3rd foul first trip downcourt,,, No scoring yet in 3rd. Aidan to Radell... 29-27 Campo.

WR finally on the 2nd-half board.... 35-29. Inside to Radell, 37 29... now 37-31... Time out Campo to avaoid a turnover. Still 37-31, 4:02 left 3rd.

Carter scores on a runner... 39-31. Wilburn right back. 39-33. Aidan gets fouled on a drive... To the line for 2. Bing, miss. 40-33.

Aidan knocks another one down... 42-33. WR fails to score, Campo ball on own end. 1:46 left. Carter drives and scores!!! 44-33. Fouled, FT good... 45-33, but WR scores on a putback... 45-35. Campo foul outside, Wilburn fires an airball. Campo has the rock, 49.7 left...

Carter strikes again, but WR comes right back. 47-37, Campo ball, now 6.3 seconds left.. Callasdrives, can’t score... Quarter ends 47-37.

Callas drives and scores... 49-37. WR scores right back, 49-39. 6:48 left, Campo ball on own end. Callas with a terrific drive, flabbergasting the WR defense completely... 51-39.

Callas tips one in for a putback... 53-39. WR drives for a score... 4:16 left, 53-41. Wilburn drives, is fouled by Carter. WR not in bonus, but they get a score on the inbounds. 54-43, time out Campo.

Aidan goes down! Foot slid out from under him... looks like he tweaked a groin... Hopefully not badly.

Willburn scores, 53-46. Hmmm.. Aidan right back in game, nails a 3. 56-47 now...

Carter drives and scores! Aidan rebounds next shot, but looks a lil gimpy... still in game, tho. 58-47, 1:24 left.

Aidan drives, hacked, goes down HARD!. Gets up, looks shaken... Goes to line anyway. Misses first, and second. 58-49 after a Wilburn drive and score... Time out Campo, 44.9 left. Campo runs clock down some, Callas fouled... both FT’s good. Useless T on WR bench, but final is 60-49... On we go to the semis v. Salesian!

Riordan struggled a bit to score at times tonight give Capitol some credit they had a good Defensive game plan but the crusaders gutted out a hard fought win.I have to admit I didn't know what to expect from Dublin this year but they look good and very balanced should be a very good game between those 2 solid programs tomorrow.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Riordan struggled a bit to score at times tonight give Capitol some credit they had a good Defensive game plan but the crusaders gutted out a hard fought win.I have to admit I didn't know what to expect from Dublin this year but they look good and very balanced should be a very good game between those 2 solid programs tomorrow.
Capitol had a good game plan and couple that with the fact that #0 and #1 were not 100 percent( no excuses). If you go back to my earlier posts I stated that Dublin would be good. I had the pleasure of coaching Devon, Eli , Jalen and Anthony and combine that with 10 seniors and good coaching = good team. I like Capitol Christian a lot. A bunch of good players that know their role and play it to the fullest!
Riordan has played two OT games this week building character and will pay
dividends later on. 4 non conference games remaining for the R and the worst they can finish is 6-4 playing some good competition going into January. Your assessment is spot on.

Last edited:
Dublin announcers laughing at the kid who got sick on the floor. Also refusing to identify any of the Salesian or Gridley players by name. Tournament could really do without this clown show

SmoothJay, don't settle for the Streaming. Come on up to Gridley.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Too many charging calls ...rewarding kids for running up under another kid. Weston Ranch has to adjust their game. Other than the Mahaney Brothers not much to really to worry about. They are controlling the pace...good first half.

“Other than the Mahaney brothers”... that was sort of funny. That is like saying other than pippen and Jordan they don’t have much.
Those kids are going to win you a lot of games in HS and Callas is no slouch. Campo biggest issue is needs a big.

WR 0-4... ouch

Reactions: observer22
“Other than the Mahaney brothers”... that was sort of funny. That is like saying other than pippen and Jordan they don’t have much.
Those kids are going to win you a lot of games in HS and Callas is no slouch. Campo biggest issue is needs a big.

WR 0-4... ouch
the other bulls were pros... the kids on campo are just on the team..
especially when your guards are all you have. they must handle the ball, defend the others best players and be the primary scorers... that wont work in the open

WR 0-4... ouch
I am glad you quoted my post...I love those two Kids...our kids are friends off the court . I said that because it's ok for those two to be almost everything for Campolindo but there are people on this board who want to speak negatively about our two guards being the 1-2 punch for Riordan and you know it...please explain this and be honest..

WR now 0-4 vs Bay Area squads, and still have a pretty tough non league schedule ahead.

Bottom line Weston Ranch is 100% undisciplined and it comes back to the coaching ?!? Absolutely no excuse to start the season 0-4 it Would be understandable playing teams that’s better than you With more talent but that’s not the situation... not looking good at the moment for WR.

Weston Ranch is going thru a tough stretch. They will be better in season.

Bottom line Weston Ranch is 100% undisciplined and it comes back to the coaching ?!? Absolutely no excuse to start the season 0-4 it Would be understandable playing teams that’s better than you With more talent but that’s not the situation... not looking good at the moment for WR.

While I sorta agree that things are rough right now for WR, gotta remember they have played four excellent opponents. They aren’t all that far from being really good... Question is, can they solve whatever problems they seem to be having and start putting up some W’s?

I am confident they’ll get it going. They get Gridley tonight, and if things go well there, maybe things will start to click...

I am glad you quoted my post...I love those two Kids...our kids are friends off the court . I said that because it's ok for those two to be almost everything for Campolindo but there are people on this board who want to speak negatively about our two guards being the 1-2 punch for Riordan and you know it...please explain this and be honest..

The Riordan guards and campo guards are so good at the HS level. Scary good. And I’m sure they will have a good college run as well.

Kiddman32 what is your thoughts on both Of tonight's semi final games?

Both should be awesome battles...

I’ll pick Dublin in the first one, and withhold any “expert selection” on the second one, since I obviously have a rooting interest (he said while wearing his Campo shirt).

did your son get cut from the team?

Reactions: kiddman32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT