ADVERTISEMENT

HAAS Pavilion MLK Showcase Monday

I watched Chino Hills on ESPN and they are relentless!! the only NorCal teams that can probably give them a game is DLS and Modesto Christian. Moreau has no chance against Chino, as Moreau plays zone and they will shoot threes all night.

Honestly what SH needs is a whole crop of actual players who don't want to just do it their way. These guys need to be controlled since they can't play on their own. Having the ball in your hand and being told to just go is not the answer. Hollins is the only one that knows how to play. Robinson is a flat out disappointment as he now has a chance to prove how good he can be by running this team and he struggles just bringing the ball up. Wasn't he working with a former Cal player and training with him? So how's that working out? Hillman has no skill to fall back on. His shot is terrible and when they try and run sets him and Carter are lost on half of them. To move Hollins inside is a terrible idea because if you think he gets attention now if he were in the post it would be easy to double him and let anyone else beat you. SH would score like 35 points per game if that was the case. It's harder to double someone out on the perimeter because of the gaps it leaves open. Define roles for these kids and if they are not willing to do them find someone else who will. Hell, play the bench players more if you have to. What have you got to lose? They are 0-4 in league and have to start finding out if the younger players can help not only next year but years after that. At this point figure out what you have and your only hope is to try and a make a run at CCS is they are even qualified for that.
I agree Hollins is special, but want responsibility does the coaching staff have with this team. What offense are they running. Were is the leadership. So the whole team is bad? It seems to me if u watch any film or any the games the boys don't have any direction or any offense schemes. Don't be so quick to blame a bunch of young high schoolers, remember there is only one senior on the team who excels in football. They will get it together remember there is only two starters from Last year and one bench player, with starting point guard gone. This team will be good in the future when the coaches and kids get to know each other better. These are not pros or paid or even recruited athletes, so be so quick to name kids by name in high school.

I watched Chino Hills on ESPN and they are relentless!! the only NorCal teams that can probably give them a game is DLS and Modesto Christian. Moreau has no chance against Chino, as Moreau plays zone and they will shoot threes all night.

Keep in mind SRV beat Chino Hills last year at HAAS. Anybody can get beat. But I think the only team that has a chance is DLS. They control tempo like no other team but Asiasi will have to play. They need his size and toughness inside. I do like Modesto Christian but I don't think they match up well.

He needs to be more selfish. I completely agree. In a weird way his unselfishness hurt them in that game. I actually like Sac high. I think swafford is a riot. He runs a good/clean program and his kids respect him. They are a tough out.

No race card for me. There are good black, hispanic, white, asian, etc coaches. And there are bad ones. Doesn't have anything to do with it. Some coaches get more out of mediocre talent. Personally I tend to gravitate toward them. But coaching 4 and 5 star kids comes with challenges as well.
legend trust when I tell you this everyone sees that Terrell and Young will take Sac as far as their play. And if Terrell doesn't get a lil more selfish in those big games they will not be that tough out. the other guys have to play their role and let Terrell and young lead them yes very tough to beat them

Larry Legend... Ratinho has the most upside of the players at MLK? I would argue that Terrell and Frayer have more upside. If Frayer skills catch up with his athleticism he is a NBA player. If he only develops a corner 3 point shot in college, he has a shot at playing in the NBA. With Terrell's size and skills, he could develop into a NBA combo guard. Ratinho does not have NBA upside.

Frayer has no upside to any NBA. His basketball IQ is bad, he has no motor. He may be athletic, but that's it. No consistent shot and no defense. Anyone can block shots and dunk? That's all he does, that will not translate into college. Their is a reason Terrill is going to UCSB, that is his level. Nobody knows how these kids will be! It all depends who puts the time in. Just because you are going to college doesn't mean you will go to NBA or even play in college. I have heard that Ratinho is one of the hardest working kids and will get better under Walters and Allocco. A lot of upside

Frayer has no upside to any NBA. His basketball IQ is bad, he has no motor. He may be athletic, but that's it. No consistent shot and no defense. Anyone can block shots and dunk? That's all he does, that will not translate into college. Their is a reason Terrill is going to UCSB, that is his level. Nobody knows how these kids will be! It all depends who puts the time in. Just because you are going to college doesn't mean you will go to NBA or even play in college. I have heard that Ratinho is one of the hardest working kids and will get better under Walters and Allocco. A lot of upside

In one breath you are saying Frayer wont develop and will never be any better than what he is, in the next you say nobody knows how good these kids can get. WTF. Contradict much? My 1 year old nephew could shoot better than Jason Kidd when he first got to the league and some years later Kidd was deadly from outside. The one point you had that makes sense is that in the professional level talent takes a back seat to hard work. Anyone with Frayer type athleticism can make it to the league if they make a decision to. Im sure we all was routing for Curry at Davidson and wished him the best. But to be the leagues best player and history in the making was nowhere near anyones thought. I bet you were one of those guys saying "this kid can shoot but he'll never make the pros".

You guys are crazy talking NBA in a sentence with Terrell and Frayer. That is absolutely nuts. The most talented kid at that tourney was the 6"8 Jr from Albany NY. He is long....... Probably will be 6"9+ and towered over kids listed at 6"7 on EC roster. Already has offers from big time schools in the ACC. He can shoot out to 25. That kid has more upside than any of these guys. Why? Simple. He has basketball skills. I meant it when I said it. Does Frayer run track? I bet he could compete today at the Pac 12 level. He has more upside in Track. Freakishly athletic. Limited hoop skills.

impossible to predict who is an NBA player anymore... if anyone would've said Jeremy Lin, Dame Lillard or Tyler Johnson were going to be NBA players back when they were in high school, every single person on this message board would have called them BAT$H!T CRAZY... I now have a very strong gut feeling that Norcal 2016 class will go on to produce a pro, but no one knows who... let's revisit in 4 years...

Reactions: observer22
You guys are crazy talking NBA in a sentence with Terrell and Frayer. That is absolutely nuts. The most talented kid at that tourney was the 6"8 Jr from Albany NY. He is long....... Probably will be 6"9+ and towered over kids listed at 6"7 on EC roster. Already has offers from big time schools in the ACC. He can shoot out to 25. That kid has more upside than any of these guys. Why? Simple. He has basketball skills. I meant it when I said it. Does Frayer run track? I bet he could compete today at the Pac 12 level. He has more upside in Track. Freakishly athletic. Limited hoop skills.

Yea, cuz Lillard, Klay and Curry only made it to the NBA cuz they went to the ACC. I forgot how all basketball skills and talent go away after high school. Its know-nothings like you that motivate the Lillards of the world to work harder to achieve things you never could or will.

impossible to predict who is an NBA player anymore... if anyone would've said Jeremy Lin, Dame Lillard or Tyler Johnson were going to be NBA players back when they were in high school, every single person on this message board would have called them BAT$H!T CRAZY... I now have a very strong gut feeling that Norcal 2016 class will go on to produce a pro, but no one knows who... let's revisit in 4 years...

Good call TL. All 3 of those would have been long shots at best their senior years of high school. Awesome to see them in the league. A lot of hard work and good fortune.

Yea, cuz Lillard, Klay and Curry only made it to the NBA cuz they went to the ACC. I forgot how all basketball skills and talent go away after high school. Its know-nothings like you that motivate the Lillards of the world to work harder to achieve things you never could or will.

Very childish attack. Know nothings like me?? Ha ha. Who the hell are you? I was at the state finals when Klay lit up Sac high. He looked the part of an NBA 2 guard then. They missed on him and he went to Wash State but he had all the ingredients. Was an instant star.

The kid who will be playing in the NBA is the kid from Woodcreek. Frayer peaked in 9th grade. Or maybe the talent caught up to him but the hype was greater than the talent. It happens. Terrell will be learning the game from playing against Gabe Vincent who BTW has a better chance of playing professionally than most of these people on this board.

Yeah, I guess I don't know much.

SMH...

Very childish attack. Know nothings like me?? Ha ha. Who the hell are you? I was at the state finals when Klay lit up Sac high. He looked the part of an NBA 2 guard then. They missed on him and he went to Wash State but he had all the ingredients. Was an instant star.

The kid who will be playing in the NBA is the kid from Woodcreek. Frayer peaked in 9th grade. Or maybe the talent caught up to him but the hype was greater than the talent. It happens. Terrell will be learning the game from playing against Gabe Vincent who BTW has a better chance of playing professionally than most of these people on this board.

I gotta be somebody now? It doesn't take a seasoned coach/scout/vet to see that your a biased stat-watcher. I see your Klay rebuttal, how about an excuse for Lillard ,Curry and Johnson, Lin..I can probably name more.
Point is you have 1 point of view and think you know everything and you obviously don't have any kids so quit talking about other peoples kids.

ll33, you said it..."Yeah, I guess I don't know much."
You are one of those internet trolls/bullies that hides behind a screen name taking shots at kids (yes, they are still kids) and trying to tear them down due to your own jealousy and inadequacies. Sad.

Back to basketball: Good luck to all the kids, and to those kids that read this board, enjoy the process and don't let this stuff get to you; your family, your teammates, your coaches, the KNOWLEDGEABLE college coaches that are recruiting you is what counts at the end of the day.

Reactions: SwaggSixSquad
I sat in the stands watching Oakland high and Vallejo play and heard Lillard people say how he was barley even getting d1 contact. Jeremy had a magical Sr Playoff run, and still nobody wanted him. Tyler Johnson? He played as an unsigned sr in aau, before he signed with Fresno State. Jeremy and Tyler making good money, Lillard one of best players in league. .All 3 were no shots, not long shots, and they prove the so called evaluators wrong. Hard work, dedication prevails sometime.

Maybe they all read LL33s post on the forums and got motivated. Hes probably been hating for that long.

A large number of Hamburger All Americans are total flops in college. I've worked with and known many. There are also lightly recruited players that help win national championships and go on to the pros. If you think you can predict what most of these 15-17 years are going to become, you are likely wrong.

I'm not siding with anyone but I will pose a question.

Is the Dame, Tyler, Jeremy the exception or the rule?

therevare many hamburger flops but what percentage go on to the NBA?

agreed! Terrell is a mid major player!! Could he play in the PAC 12, u better believe he can, he just has to develop more and understand basketball! UCSB got a steal. I've heard numerous coaches and scouts say that if he continues to develop he can definitely make money playing basketball. I will let u know this. He only started playing a guard spot his freshman year. and half way thru his soph season he had to play center due to youngs knee injury. So with 3.5 years of being a guard and not really being taught how to be a guard, I would say his upside is very high. and coach Williams will get him there.

legend Terrell and Gabe are quite close. Gabe actually went to the UCSB coaching staff and said he would love to play in the same backcourt with Terrell. So I hope he does learn something from Vincent to improve his game but you can't deny his upside or is skill level!

He can learn a lot from Vincent. Terrell has the skills and BB IQ. You can see it. Just needs to be more selfish which is crazy to hear. In that MC game he needed to take over after Young was doubled in 2nd half. I get the feeling Jabari Bird has struggled with similar things in his career. Such a fine player and person but doesn't seem to have that killer mentality. But let me be clear the skills are there. He's got the entire package.

He can learn a lot from Vincent. Terrell has the skills and BB IQ. You can see it. Just needs to be more selfish which is crazy to hear. In that MC game he needed to take over after Young was doubled in 2nd half. I get the feeling Jabari Bird has struggled with similar things in his career. Such a fine player and person but doesn't seem to have that killer mentality. But let me be clear the skills are there. He's got the entire package.
I know the Terrell Family very well and Legend its coming!

OMG!!! Constructive criticism by ll33?? Did everybody screenshot this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT