ADVERTISEMENT

Here comes Centennial 2022 Open State Champions!!

M.C. fan

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2022
Tough two games that did not go our way. Great win for Coronado of Las Vegas and Buck 26 points(UCLA). After getting pushed aside from Notre Dame (SO) and working through a new starting lineup we showed some weaknesses that were exploited. Yet the Crusaders are pumped for the rematch to Cen10 and the powerful Huskies squad. Now it is time to see if we go 0-3 or show we belong among the Nation's best. At this point after Corona dropped a nail bitter to Duncanville, they might be looking to punish the Crusaders. Will Phillips and Davis get defensive stops against McCain, Price and Williams and crew? Crusader big men have to be tougher in the paint and not allow so many second chance opportunities against incredibly gifted shooting teams. Going to be a tough matchup, but playing the very best is the way to becoming the very best!! Let's go M.C. !!

Last edited:
Tough two games that did not go our way. Great win for Coronado of Las Vegas and Buck 26 points(UCLA). After getting pushed aside from Notre Dame (SO) and working through a new starting lineup we showed some weaknesses that were exploited. Yet the Crusaders are pumped for the rematch to Cen10 and the powerful Huskies squad. Now it is time to see if we go 0-3 or show we belong among the Nation's best. At this point after Corona dropped a nail bitter to Duncanville, they might be looking to punish the Crusaders. Will Phillips and Davis get defensive stops against McCain, Price and Williams and crew? Crusader big men have to be tougher in the paint and not allow so many second chance opportunities against incredibly gifted shooting teams. Going to be a tough matchup, but playing the very best is the way to becoming the very best!! Let's go M.C. !!
I love the scheduling up and playing the best but I gotta believe CC will win this game comfortably. That team is well gelled and you guys have new pieces and are still finding each other. I’m sure by mid season the crusaders will be in top notch form. I hope I’m wrong but that’s a talk task.

I love the scheduling up and playing the best but I gotta believe CC will win this game comfortably. That team is well gelled and you guys have new pieces and are still finding each other. I’m sure by mid season the crusaders will be in top notch form. I hope I’m wrong but that’s a talk task.
Very well could be a blowout. I think not, we were down 17 came back on ND but couldn't stop outside 3's into the 4th qtr. If we can control the boards and that is a big task versus Wiliams, then we should be competitive. Jamari and BJ have to be banging 3's and playing in your face physical defense. Plenty of time to see what fits best for this Crusader team. I say Crusaders sneak out the Upset on Kingsbridge drive.

@M.C. fan , ouch. The gap is wider than I thought. Long season but a lot of work to do. It’s early but I personally think there are a handful of teams in norcal that will give this MC Team issues.

Reactions: Coach55Coach
MC’s monstrous non-league schedule will bode well later this season.

I was there for the MC game last night.
I’m fully disappointed in Jamari’s actions.
I said it, because no one else will.
He’s considered a top player in Nor Cal with that attitude? C’mon man (in my Chris Carter voice). Him and Kevin Love standing in the corner have a lot in common. What a shame.

Reactions: larry legend33
MC’s monstrous non-league schedule will bode well later this season.
MC has shown early they are no where near a national level team. Maybe by the end of the year they will. Very disapointing chemistry and attitudes last night they got embarrassed.

Reactions: larry legend33
MC has shown early they are no where near a national level team. Maybe by the end of the year they will. Very disapointing chemistry and attitudes last night they got embarrassed.
This team couldn’t sniff the Chuck Hays, Midgley squads.
No chemistry and poor effort.

I was there for the MC game last night.
I’m fully disappointed in Jamari’s actions.
I said it, because no one else will.
He’s considered a top player in Nor Cal with that attitude? C’mon man (in my Chris Carter voice). Him and Kevin Love standing in the corner have a lot in common. What a shame.
kevin love was there?

K Love, huh? I was there and didn't notice... But that's pretty much normal for me; I focus on the event... Even back when Jason Kidd had all those top-level head coaches showing up at games, my wife would spot 'em and point them out to me.

Fun fact: I watched K Love play about 50 HS games in-person for Lake Oswego HS (Oregon) when I lived up there.

K Love, huh? I was there and didn't notice... But that's pretty much normal for me; I focus on the event... Even back when Jason Kidd had all those top-level head coaches showing up at games, my wife would spot 'em and point them out to me.

Fun fact: I watched K Love play about 50 HS games in-person for Lake Oswego HS (Oregon) when I lived up there.
Kevin Love played at MSG today, he wasn't at Sheldon last night. Have no idea what that comment means

Maybe the original poster was joking (or mistaken), seeing someone that looked a bit like him...

It is what it is. Tough games to digest the style we are playing. All of the above statements are true and correct. We will grow from it, maturity and being humble are ingredients we believe in. Thank you for supporting us and here is to some great hoops in NorCal!!

I didn't get the idea that Phillips "hung out in the corner waiting to shoot 3's" anyway... Maybe he was reduced to that toward the end because he was made relatively ineffective and frustrated by Cen10's defense.

Reactions: M.C. fan
They are too well coached to not bounce back from this early season adversity
Plenty of time for everyone to get on the same page and respond.A very talented
Team having to work thru some early season struggles is not a bad thing.

Nothing is that easy. That could repeat as NorCal champs, but not without some effort and battles.
sure every game could be a battle and you will always need effort. but there isnt a team left on the schedule that they wont be heavy favorites versus minus the games against defending state champ in nevada Liberty, defending state champ in missouri Vashon, and state semi team St. Rita from chicago.

sure every game could be a battle and you will always need effort. but there isnt a team left on the schedule that they wont be heavy favorites versus minus the games against defending state champ in nevada Liberty, defending state champ in missouri Vashon, and state semi team St. Rita from chicago.
Their are multiple teams that could play them very tough and possibly beat them in NorCal. They currently look awful. I would still have them as odds on favorite but long long ways from a sure thing.

MC is also playing up in Oregon at the Capital City Classic... Undefeated St. John Bosco is there, too. They'll probably meet in the final, and I'd say Bosco would be the favorite in that matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT