ADVERTISEMENT

Is Pittsburg better this season?

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
This got brought up by Mark Tennis on twitter.

Lost a lot of high end offensive players, but still hard to defend on that side of the ball and some of their top defenders are now juniors.

Interesting thing to think about and not something I would of thought going into the season

Reactions: aztecpadre

Lost a lot of high end offensive players, but still hard to defend on that side of the ball and some of their top defenders are now juniors.

Interesting thing to think about and not something I would of thought going into the season
THE Pirates always look interesting, but they have a long way to learn how to play as a team and play to win...The win over the SF team is meaningless, Pittsburg faced a good Granit Bay, but they held their ground..Again, the Pirates have to play together and play to win Years ago, Pittsburg was hell on wheels.

Isn't this their first year without their longtime Coach Galli?Gonna be an interesting season for Pitt just based on that. Curious to see how the program responds. I don't know who the new Coach is

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415
Saw some of the GB game online. Pirates appear to be employing a more balanced offense this season instead of throwing it 40 times per game. QB last year was excellent and is showing potential at the next level. But Galli’s over-reliance on the pass bit him in butt in high profile games. As the late great Woody Hayes used to say, “Three things can happen when you pass, and two of them are bad.”

Isn't this their first year without their longtime Coach Galli?Gonna be an interesting season for Pitt just based on that. Curious to see how the program responds. I don't know who the new Coach is
Yes, Charlie Ramirez is the new head coach

I believe he was the DC under Galli.
I'd love to see the Pirates do well. Always a talented and fun program to watch. One of my favorite NCS teams. Always play a good non conference schedule. Would like to see some section Championship results though

I believe he was the DC under Galli.
I think he went to Pitt, and his son also played at Pitt a few years ago.

I wonder if they’ll ever split the city with 2 high schools as the school has grown almost 1000 students in 10 years to over 3600. It also used to be very racially and ethnically diverse going back generations into the 1940s even. Now it is mainly a Hispanic school. For the most part when Antioch split into two high schools they haven’t been good at the same time and Antioch/Pittsburg is still the rivalry game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT