ADVERTISEMENT

Is Sparty Done!?

Maybe get better friends. They have 3 homes for sale over a million and get this one is on the delta. And 2 homes over 2 million.
Exactly! For every town their is good side and a bad side. For Stockton, it comes with extremes … very bad parts but very good parts and there really is not much in between, but there are some. Some parts like old Morada do not like to be considered part of Stockton just because there is more of a bad reputation for the city, going all they way back to that mass shooting at Cleveland Elementary school in January 1989. Heck, when I met my wife in SoCal, I too, had concerns about moving with her to her hometown of Stockton (all of her family is here). She exposed me to the truth (good areas vs bad ones). Very nice property in Brookside (especially, behind The Gate … Brookside Country Club, golf course, Brookside Lake, etc), old Morada (huge mansions on acres of land, and Atherton Cove (hidden Delta property that is gated and guarded that you have to drive thru a bad part of town off of Country Club to get to it). Some would consider Lincoln Village or Lincoln Village West a good area, but it is aging. The Spanos family home (we call the compound because it has guard towers) is in Lincoln Village nearby Lincoln High School. I live in a modest home on Spanos Lake in gated Oak Shores subdivision in East Spanos Park. Even East Spanos Park has good part and not so good part (much crime). West Spanos Park is decent, as well, and both are closer to Lodi (off of 8 Mile Road). Many of our family/friends are nearby Spanos Park, Brookside (including behind The Gate) and in Old Morada (my wife’s uncle). Many of us tender our boats at Village West Marina off of Ben Holt. But, some have homes off the Delta, as well.

Pasty is only associated to the bad parts, and there are lots of them, probably because of his friends at Folsom prison. 😂

In all honesty, there are parts of Orange County which are not terrific at all. It's a vast, sprawling region of more than 2 million souls. Tremendous wealth and attractive coastal locales and some dicey, troubled, low-income inland communities as well. The O.C, in many ways, is a paradox. But, wait, whatever happened to the point of this discussion? Is DLS on the way downhill? Is it finally running its course? Is it a fading enterprise? Recent results point to a certain degree of leveling off. But it doesn't appear to be a total collapse by any means.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
In addition, just because of socio-economics, some bad parts of towns are considered bad, does NOT make everyone that live there BAD. There are some very good people who just do not have the $$$ to live anywhere else that strive to survive and live a “good” life. Thinking otherwise is pure “ignorance” and unfortunately comes with the “pretentious” attitude Pasty is part of the stereo-typed Folsom. My cousin who lives in Folsom who I am very close to from when he used to live in SoCal is a very nice person and is not as pretentious as Pasty boy. Even my friends in El Dorado Hills and Granite Bay are good people, too. Likewise, I attend church with many who are not as blessed with $$$ but blessed even more with a kinder soul that only the ignorant cannot see or comprehend. I consider these to be even more richer than me. I will pray for Pasty to see the light and find the truth before placing judgement on those who do not have as much $$$ as he claims to have. In the meantime, best work on that “good behavior” and find some “humility”. Else, the warden isn’t going to have much mercy. And you do know who I am referring to when I mention “the warden”, right? If not, I will continue to pray for you. 😉

I have been to Stockton and can't think of a "good side of town."
Serious question- When you Stockton folk come up to the SFL area, do you look around in envy?
Sure- if I bring my boat down, I have to make sure to install a new security system!

Pasty

Most of us get your ‘schtik‘ (or most of us do), and we either roll our eyes, or carry on with the expected banter about Folsom, etc. But when you start getting personal by taking cheap shots and bad mouthing where people live, you come across like an entitled pr**k.

Be better…

In all honesty, there are parts of Orange County which are not terrific at all. It's a vast, sprawling region of more than 2 million souls. Tremendous wealth and attractive coastal locales and some dicey, troubled, low-income inland communities as well. The O.C, in many ways, is a paradox. But, wait, whatever happened to the point of this discussion? Is DLS on the way downhill? Is it finally running its course? Is it a fading enterprise? Recent results point to a certain degree of leveling off. But it doesn't appear to be a total collapse by any means.
Agree! DLS is still a ver good team. Outside close losses (NOT Smackdowns) to Serra and Folsom, they are still quite formidable but maybe not as intimidating as DLS teams of the past. Still, St. Mary’s will have their hands full playing DLS next week. You cannot make mistakes and expect to beat them, like Serra nearly lost. St. Mary’s will have to play a perfect game to even have chance. Oak Ridge needed to play a perfect game to beat Folsom. It didn’t and the wheels fell off of the bus.

Next week’s game with DLS at St. Mary’s is HUGE!!! I realize Folsom will consider their win at DLS as HUGE (especially doing it twice in a row). Likewise, Serra believes their victory over DLS as HUGE, too. Why? Because DLS is “still” the standard of a very good program that all other NorCal teams compare to. Saying otherwise is being disrespectful. DLS has lost a few games over recent years to NorCal teams and each of those games were close in score and each of those teams “still” mark those victories as HUGE “milestones”. That is respect (unlike some of the DLS haters have)! St. Mary’s, I am confident, is approaching next weeks game vs DLS as a HUGE opportunity to find out how good they really are (win or lose). It’s not the end of the season should they lose and it’s not crossing the finish line if they miraculously win. It’s another game on the schedule, but. a HUGE one, indeed. And why? Because it is De La Salle!!!

I can share that not only the Rams team and coaches are probably feeling some anxiety, but that the parents (and I know quite a few of them) are probably more nervous about this game than the team, itself. GO RAMS!!!

Agree! DLS is still a ver good team. Outside close losses (NOT Smackdowns) to Serra and Folsom, they are still quite formidable but maybe not as intimidating as DLS teams of the past. Still, St. Mary’s will have their hands full playing DLS next week. You cannot make mistakes and expect to beat them, like Serra nearly lost. St. Mary’s will have to play a perfect game to even have chance. Oak Ridge needed to play a perfect game to beat Folsom. It didn’t and the wheels fell off of the bus.

Next week’s game with DLS at St. Mary’s is HUGE!!! I realize Folsom will consider their win at DLS as HUGE (especially doing it twice in a row). Likewise, Serra believes their victory over DLS as HUGE, too. Why? Because DLS is “still” the standard of a very good program that all other NorCal teams compare to. Saying otherwise is being disrespectful. DLS has lost a few games over recent years to NorCal teams and each of those games were close in score and each of those teams “still” mark those victories as HUGE “milestones”. That is respect (unlike some of the DLS haters have)! St. Mary’s, I am confident, is approaching next weeks game vs DLS as a HUGE opportunity to find out how good they really are (win or lose). It’s not the end of the season should they lose and it’s not crossing the finish line if they miraculously win. It’s another game on the schedule, but. a HUGE one, indeed. And why? Because it is De La Salle!!!

I can share that not only the Rams team and coaches are probably feeling some anxiety, but that the parents (and I know quite a few of them) are probably more nervous about this game than the team, itself. GO RAMS!!!
As much as I want St. Mary's to win this game, I still think it's a bridge too far.

DLS by a few scores. However, I do think it will be interesting.

Great Post!…. The Rams have usually played pretty good against DLS on their Home Field…. The Environment will be Electric down there on Friday night!!!….

The Rams though I think have 2 things working against them….. 1. the pressure is definitely on the Rams to beat DLS right now…. 2. DLS is coming off a bye week….

If the Rams can pull off the win, they become the #1 team in the SJS being undefeated with a win over DLS which would mean they wouldn’t have to face Folsom until the Section finals….

I am a Big Fan of St Mary’s…. My son played against you guys in Baseball last year and you guys have tremendous facilities down there and a very classy program and fans!!!… 🍻

Great Post!…. The Rams have usually played pretty good against DLS on their Home Field…. The Environment will be Electric down there on Friday night!!!….

The Rams though I think have 2 things working against them….. 1. the pressure is definitely on the Rams to beat DLS right now…. 2. DLS is coming off a bye week….

If the Rams can pull off the win, they become the #1 team in the SJS being undefeated with a win over DLS which would mean they wouldn’t have to face Folsom until the Section finals….

I am a Big Fan of St Mary’s…. My son played against you guys in Baseball last year and you guys have tremendous facilities down there and a very classy program and fans!!!… 🍻
Yes, I'm a St Mary's fan too, great respect for their program, great respect for their scheduling over the years.Wish the Rams nothing but the best

Pasty

Most of us get your ‘schtik‘ (or most of us do), and we either roll our eyes, or carry on with the expected banter about Folsom, etc. But when you start getting personal by taking cheap shots and bad mouthing where people live, you come across like an entitled pr**k.

Be better…
Ah I think tool is the better word to be honest. And yes he loves taking personal shots. At those he knows for sure he will never meet at that. Easy to do behind a computer screen.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT