ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did attack him. You're trying to pretend she didn't. She attacked and he defended himself. It was her fault for attacking a total stranger and his fault for retaliating. At the end of the day she's just as much responsible if not more for the altercation as his is. She's a dummy and so is Mixon.

CT4L
Why can't they both be equally at fault?? You continue to downplay his responsibility by implying she is more at fault. Mixon did absolutely nothing to prevent an altercation. He walked back in the place, he walked back to the table, he said the homophobic slur, and he threw the brutal KO punch. The girl was being a dumb drunk girl outside, she came inside and was venting about what happened outside, she pushed Mixon, and she slapped Mixon. Both are idiots and at fault. They both are responsible for what happened and deserve to deal with the consequences of their actions.

No, the logic can not be used for the girl. She walked away from the confrontation, Mixon didn't.

What you just said you can say or use this logic against the lady in this case. Had she not pushed Joe or slapped him he would have left the joint without incident. Talk is cheap in which she should have ignored Joe when he was about to leave. Instead she assaults him by pushing him. And then had the nerves to slap him. Bad move on her part. Both are at fault no way around this.

CT4L

If a man punches Mixon, this issue isn't significant. We would have saw a man assaulting Mixon and he (Mixon) defending himself. The fact that it was a female, changes the situation.

Molitor is not a victim. She doesn't deserve any compensation from Mixon. She started the physical confrontaion. She threw the first blow. She's not battered. She should just move on with her life. The courts shouldn't award her a dime.

Mixon's response wasn't becoming of a NFL hopeful. He was an 18/19 year old and hopefully the NFL gives him some grace because he was very young and immature at the time of the incident.

He also has to face the fact that he may not play in the NFL. Hopefully someone gives him a chance and he is able to continue his football career.

Athletes must learn to protect their brand and stay out the way. There is absolutely nothing to do in these hillbilly towns, but get into trouble. The attraction is the University. Focus on sports and graduate from school. Stay away from the locals and use college for the education and the football field for exposure.

If you must, befriend a fine college girl that comes from a good home and let her occupy what down time you have. If she's not helping you with your papers, cooking good meals, and healing your wounds-- she's not beneficial at this point.

If you want a well rounded college/social experience, go to USC, UCLA, Berkley, San Diego State, or Washington. These institutions are located in professional/metropolitan cities.

Network, Build your brand, and become an asset to these professional communities.

If I were Mixon, I would play one more season at Oklahoma.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
If a man punches Mixon, this issue isn't significant. We would have saw a man assaulting Mixon and he (Mixon) defending himself. The fact that it was a female, changes the situation.

Molitor is not a victim. She doesn't deserve any compensation from Mixon. She started the physical confrontaion. She threw the first blow. She's not battered. She should just move on with her life. The courts shouldn't award her a dime.

Mixon's response wasn't becoming of a NFL hopeful. He was an 18/19 year old and hopefully the NFL gives him some grace because he was very young and immature at the time of the incident.

He also has to face the fact that he may not play in the NFL. Hopefully someone gives him a chance and he is able to continue his football career.

Athletes must learn to protect their brand and stay out the way. There is absolutely nothing to do in these hillbilly towns, but get into trouble. The attraction is the University. Focus on sports and graduate from school. Stay away from the locals and use college for the education and the football field for exposure.

If you must, befriend a fine college girl that comes from a good home and let her occupy what down time you have. If she's not helping you with your papers, cooking good meals, and healing your wounds-- she's not beneficial at this point.

If you want a well rounded college/social experience, go to USC, UCLA, Berkley, San Diego State, or Washington. These institutions are located in professional/metropolitan cities.

Network, Build your brand, and become an asset to these professional communities.

If I were Mixon, I would play one more season at Oklahoma.

Mixon without a doubt is responsible for the girls medical costs.

In 2016, young girls must learn that we don't live in the world that their parents and grandparents lived in. In 2016, if you hit, kick, or slap a male, there is a good chance that he will knock you out. You live in a society of equal opportunity. In the eye of a lot of people that includes physical confrontation. Keep your hands to yourself.

I've taught the women/girls in my life to avoid arguing with men and to avoid women who are confrontaional, sloppy and draw attention to themselves.

Surprised this thread is still going as really has some legs. Anyway this is my take.

This isn't even a close call. Athlete 6'2-228 lbs knocks out girl 1/2 his size breaking bones in her face requiring surgery and her jaw being wired shut. One of her friends made a racial slur to Mixon after Mixon referred to the gay man with a homophobic slur - however neither of what was said would allow the woman or Mixon to do "great bodily harm" to the other. The much smaller drunk woman [emphasize "woman"] posed no threat physically to Mixon whatsoever & he possessed the ability to simply walk away. The video and discussion was on "Good Morning America" this morning and my wife could not believe Mixon didn't serve time for that incident & frankly I feel the same way. Its just fortunate that he didn't kill her or permanently impair her [she's had multiple surgeries and was unable to eat solid food for 6 months with loss of feeling in 1/2 her face]. What surprised me most though was in the interview just done Mixon acknowledges the girl didn't say anything racial, but the gay friend did after Mixon first insulted him. Mixon's biggest mistake was following them into the cafe after the verbal confrontation outside. Here's the interview and come to your own conclusion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...woman-defends-police-interrogation-video.html

Last edited:
Reactions: RedZone90
Exactly. She walked away... it could have, and should have, ended there. Instead, he follows her in there and walks right up to her trading slurs with her friend.

Surpsied this thread is still going as really has some legs. Anyway this is my take.

This isn't even a close call. Athlete 6'2-228 lbs knocks out girl 1/2 his size breaking bones in her face requiring surgery and her jaw being wired shut. One of her friends made a racial slur to Mixon after Mixon referred to the gay man with a homophobic slur - however neither of what was said would allow the woman or Mixon to do "great bodily harm" to the other. The much smaller drunk woman [emphasize "woman"] posed no threat physically to Mixon whatsoever & he possessed the ability to simply walk away. The video and discussion was on "Good Morning America" this morning and my wife could not believe Mixon didn't serve time for that incident & frankly I feel the same way. Its just fortunate that he didn't kill her or permanently impair her [she's had multiple surgeries and was unable to eat solid food for 6 months with loss of feeling in 1/2 her face]. What surprised me most though was in the interview just done Mixon acknowledges the girl didn't say anything racial, but the gay friend did after Mixon first insulted him. Mixon's biggest mistake was following them into the cafe after the verbal confrontation outside. Here's the interview and come to your own conclusion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...woman-defends-police-interrogation-video.html

I still do not understand why the two handed shove and the slap by the young lady were not considered assault also. I realize his response was excessive but at that point he had legally already been assaulted twice by her and why did the DA not state that he was responding to an assault already committed on him. I do not condone a man hitting a woman but the whole story at the time made it sound like he just walked up and pounded on her. That was the furthest thing from the truth. She started the altercation and she hit him first. Was he excessive? Yes, hence his misdemeanor charge, fine, and 1 year suspension. Justice has already been served. Any lawyers out there that can enlighten me on this.

CT4L

I still do not understand why the two handed shove and the slap by the young lady were not considered assault also. I realize his response was excessive but at that point he had legally already been assaulted twice by her and why did the DA not state that he was responding to an assault already committed on him. I do not condone a man hitting a woman but the whole story at the time made it sound like he just walked up and pounded on her. That was the furthest thing from the truth. She started the altercation and she hit him first. Was he excessive? Yes, hence his misdemeanor charge, fine, and 1 year suspension. Justice has already been served. Any lawyers out there that can enlighten me on this.

CT4L
Not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure had Molitor been charged it would have ended up worse for Mixon because he would have been charged with more than a misdemeanor. And as someone already pointed out this would have turned into a giant headache (more than it already is) for everyone.

It's about time the curious wonder what their "assaults" were. Not a JD but hers was a Class C in Texas. The slap looked like a neck/barely face contact. The lowest level of assault in Tex. Misdemeanor, $500 fine. The lowest level. Verbal assault is also in this category in Tex.
Mixon's Thomas Hearns impersonation is easily an A misdeamenor, ($4000 + 1 year in the big house) but easily could be argued a 2nd degree felony, 2-20 years &10,000 as it was termed a "gross injury." Hers doesn't register in any way shape or form for severity. He, check that, his suits , check that, OUs got his Alford plea to a misdemeanor, the wrist slap.
His plea had conditions regarding successful probation which appears to have ended before his parking attendant flap. That would've put him in deep doodoo.

Last edited:

CT4L
CT4L - It appears you think Mixon may be being mistreated and please correct me if I'm wrong. Yes the young woman could technically be charged with simple battery had nothing else occurred and Mixon walked away and called police [which as you & I know usually doesn't happen under these circumstances]. The problem for Mixon is after the verbal exchange outside he then follows the gay guy and drunk woman inside and walks up to their table continuing a heated discussion. As I stated previously you have a rather large athlete hitting a woman 1/2 his size with all his might and seriously injuring her requiring multiple surgeries. Haven't you ever been slapped by a woman? I have several times when younger & never for 1-second did I ever think of connecting with a right cross or uppercut even if they got severely nasty with me. My upbringing simply taught me you never, ever hit a girl for any reason. If this ever goes to a civil jury trial it will likely be a quick verdict as they'll weigh the first act versus the response. Joe IMO was lucky and got off easy in this situation. Its unfortunate for everyone involved and likely this will continue to haunt Joe Mixon for some time to come.

Reactions: JCBUST
Newsflash. Stoops now says penalty in '14 was not enough. "If happened today he would've been dismissed." What a douche. He knew what the content of the video was, now claims he did not. Backpedaling idiocy....

He broke her face. What did he think the public envisioned? The video is exactly what I had envisioned. Although it wasn't unprovoked, it was entirely uncalled for.

If a dude slaps you and you beat him to a pulp guess what? You are in deep doo doo do to excessive force. The original act is thrown out because at some point your well being wasn't in jeopardy, this is true in this case. Mixon was never threatened thus his action wasnt warranted. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT