ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixon asked for the tapes to be released himself thinking this would put the event behind him. Dude is clearly clueless to how society acts towards men who deck women. I guess this message never made it to "inner city" kids growing up in the mean streets of Oakley. As for ruin his future? Don't see one at least not in football. Look he plays a position that has been devalued in the NFL, he is a PR nightmare, and clearly has issues with ego and aggression. Who wants that on their team? Hopefully he is taking his studies seriously because they may provide the only real future for this guy.
You're a complete moron. I'm sure you were 19-20 year old once you make mistakes it happens, almost every player in the NFL has some Type of history, tyriq hill, leveon bell, lagarette Blount, Adam jones, Terrell Pryor, Ezekiel Elliot, Dak presscot, just to name a few, just because you make a mistake as a teenager doesn't mean you're damned for life.. you're coming off as a complete imbecile, he is as good a back as anyone in college football, elite speed, great versatility as a pass catching running back which has been REvalued, look at dion Lewis, danny woodhead, james white, leveon bel, Theo riddick. He's most comparable to bell, with good vision and patentice as well as a great pass catching back. Mixon should have a nice football career barring no mishaps like injury. You're speaking out about a kid you've never met. He made a mistake, hopefully he learns from it. That doesn't take away from his ability on the field

-ST80

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
He was charged and struck a plea deal for a deferred sentence, along with community service and counseling. And you can bet his status as a athlete, along with his race played a roll in his slap on the wrist. You can bet your last dollar had this been a white male athlete decking a black female the aftermath would have been much different. If he wasn't kicked out of school and off team there would have been protests/riots. Same if he wasn't convicted and charged to the fullest extend of the law. The jacksons and sharptons of the world would be rallying the troops, especially in lite of video evidence.
You're suggesting that he got off easier because he is black?? You're delusional, one name.. Brock turner.. he got off with rape as a white student athlete at Stanford.. he managed to get a 6 month sentence which he only served half. Not to mention Joe is in the south, a place where people of his color haven't historically gotten the fairest treatment.. you're coming off as dumber than predicted.

You're really gonna stick up for Mixon? Really? That's what we're going with? I don't give a **** what the girl did to him. Thats no excuse for breaking her freakin jaw and walking away. Do you have no morals? Did you even play? If so, when/where?.... Unbelievable
I'm not "sticking up" for him, I clearly said there's no place in society for hitting a women (as a man) that said he was attacked by a women and natural reaction for a lot of people is to swing back. And what relevance does having played or not played serve in this conversation?? Where did you learn this moniker.?? -ST80

CT- I hear your position. But a racial slur cannot be used as an excuse to deck someone. Look at it the other way- If he had called someone a cracker and they used that as an excuse to knock him out, would that be justified? We need to stop using the race card every time there is some type of violent incident. It is being used a a crutch for people to explain away their actions instead of taking responsibility. It is only getting worse and spreading like wildfire through the media. Don't fall for it CT.
I respectfully disagree...a racial slur can be an excuse to deck a person if they use it in a way to verbally harm you in a argument or altercation. That word is a trigger to blacks just as beer commercials are a trigger to drinkers. It's a word when used in a heated argument that turns a black person from 0 to a 100 real quick no matter what race but if its another race it's worse. For example, if the girl called Joe the "N" word outside in front of his so called friends and walked into the diner while arguing. Joe comes into the diner behind her and says you need to apologize for what you called me and the girls says no you loser. Now the girls male friend says something to Joe and Joe calls him a homophobic slur (hypothetically). The girl pushes Joe, Joe flinches at her and she slaps him and the rest is history. Joe's 18 years old and should have handle the situation better but we all make mistakes at a young age.

CT4L

You're a complete moron. I'm sure you were 19-20 year old once you make mistakes it happens, almost every player in the NFL has some Type of history, tyriq hill, leveon bell, lagarette Blount, Adam jones, Terrell Pryor, Ezekiel Elliot, Dak presscot, just to name a few, just because you make a mistake as a teenager doesn't mean you're damned for life.. you're coming off as a complete imbecile, he is as good a back as anyone in college football, elite speed, great versatility as a pass catching running back which has been REvalued, look at dion Lewis, danny woodhead, james white, leveon bel, Theo riddick. He's most comparable to bell, with good vision and patentice as well as a great pass catching back. Mixon should have a nice football career barring no mishaps like injury. You're speaking out about a kid you've never met. He made a mistake, hopefully he learns from it. That doesn't take away from his ability on the field

Like I stated rules have changed for man who beat women in today's NFL. Yes plenty of players get high, drink and drive, get in fights etc........but women beating has become the scarlet letter if you will in the NFL. And the fact there is now video out? Good luck Joe, stay in school get that degree. My guess is though he is leaving after this year which is why he released video now. Poor advice whoever gave it to him.

He was charged and struck a plea deal for a deferred sentence, along with community service and counseling. And you can bet his status as a athlete, along with his race played a roll in his slap on the wrist. You can bet your last dollar had this been a white male athlete decking a black female the aftermath would have been much different. If he wasn't kicked out of school and off team there would have been protests/riots. Same if he wasn't convicted and charged to the fullest extend of the law. The jacksons and sharptons of the world would be rallying the troops, especially in lite of video evidence.

The athlete wouldn't have had to worry about Sharpton and Jackson or even riots. He would have to worry about facing his teammates in the locker room.

Mixon's race had nothing to do with his sentencing. His athletic prowess did. If he wasn't a star athlete he would be sitting in an Oklahoma prison right now.

He was brought to Oklahoma to win football games, run the ball and score touchdowns. Which he has done quite well this season.

You're suggesting that he got off easier because he is black?? You're delusional, one name.. Brock turner.. he got off with rape as a white student athlete at Stanford.. he managed to get a 6 month sentence which he only served half. Not to mention Joe is in the south, a place where people of his color haven't historically gotten the fairest treatment.. you're coming off as dumber than predicted.

Um that was a white on white crime where the victim herself couldn't testify to a crime. In other words she was so plastered she could say if she consented or not. Now had Turner been caught with a minority women look out, think the press was bad already?.............Riot! Protest! Block the freeways!........think I'm wrong see Duke Lacrosse.

New The athlete wouldn't have had to worry about Sharpton and Jackson or even riots. He would have to worry about facing his teammates in the locker room.

Mixon's race had nothing to do with his sentencing. His athletic prowess did. If he wasn't a star athlete he would be sitting in an Oklahoma prison right now.

LOL. Two words. Duke Lacrosse.

I'm not "sticking up" for him, I clearly said there's no place in society for hitting a women (as a man) that said he was attacked by a women and natural reaction for a lot of people is to swing back. And what relevance does having played or not played serve in this conversation?? Where did you learn this moniker.??
Um that was a white on white crime where the victim herself couldn't testify to a crime. In other words she was so plastered she could say if she consented or not. Now had Turner been caught with a minority women look out, think the press was bad already?.............Riot! Protest! Block the freeways!........think I'm wrong see Duke Lacrosse.
god forbid the duke lacrosse team have to be held to the same laws and specifications everyone else does... I suggest you take your computer or phone or both and put them away till you're ready to discuss these things in an intelligent manner. ST80

We are talking about football. Not lacrosse. A white male on a predominantly black football team would have major issues with his teammates following an incident where he hit a black woman.

He would much rather face AL Sharpton than to look into the eyes of 70 or so black teammates. Young black athletes are becoming politically concious and in the climate that we are living in it would be very uncomfortable for that white athlete.

That's what I'm trying to tell these guys. I live in the south now and it's a total different world than the West when it comes to race. My brother lived in Texas for a few years and the people there have no problem calling a black man boy or the "N" word with the "er". Cali is totally different.

True story...a girl in Texas called me the "er" version of the "N" word a few years back at a burger joint for not allowing her to place her order before me. I was totally shocked!!! The joint had two lines and two registers. I'm up next in my line... a girl from the other line steps in front of me. I say excuse you I'm next. She says I'm with the girl that's at the register. I said you were in that line and I'm before you in this line. So when the cashier said next I politely stepped in front of her and went next. When the cashier was taking my order I heard the girl say the "N" word to another person in line. I said what did you say? She said none of your business. Make a long story short I didn't K.O. her but she pissed me off. So I know the racial temperature in Texas is high and I would say it's higher than most states in America. Now had the girl said I'm with her sir can I place my order next so that we can eat together I would have said, no problem. Btw, Molitor was from Texas.

CT4L

Reactions: Soultaker80
That's what I'm trying to tell these guys. I live in the south now and it's a total different world than the West when it comes to race. My brother lived in Texas for a few years and the people there have no problem calling a black man boy or the "N" word with the "er". Cali is totally different.

True story...a girl in Texas called me the "er" version of the "N" word a few years back at a burger joint for not allowing her to place her order before me. I was totally shocked!!! The joint had two lines and two registers. I'm up next in my line... a girl from the other line steps in front of me. I say excuse you I'm next. She says I'm with the girl that's at the register. I said you were in that line and I'm before you in this line. So when the cashier said next I politely stepped in front of her and went next. When the cashier was taking my order I heard the girl say the "N" word to another person in line. I said what did you say? She said none of your business. Make a long story short I didn't K.O. her but she pissed me off. So I know the racial temperature in Texas is high and I would say it's higher than most states in America. Now had the girl said I'm with her sir can I place my order next so that we can eat together I would have said, no problem. Btw, Molitor was from Texas.

CT4L

That's why I got out of the South. Lol In college, I was close to killing a white couple for hurling racial slurs at me. I was beyond enraged. Luckily my teammates talked me out of it. I almost ruined several lives, including my own. I had too many unfortunate encounters.

I haven't mastered turn the other cheek, but I do avoid potential places where conflict might arise.

We are talking about football. Not lacrosse. A white male on a predominantly black football team would have major issues with his teammates following an incident where he hit a black woman.

He would much rather face AL Sharpton than to look into the eyes of 70 or so black teammates. Young black athletes are becoming politically concious and in the climate that we are living in it would be very uncomfortable for that white athlete.

Got it but these same "politically conscious" black athlete have zero problem with a white women being decked. Yep no racism in that stance there.

Yawn...........And I was at a taco truck on international in Oakland getting lunch one day after picking up supplies from my supplier. And a couple of punks started shit in line. Looked at me called me a cracker while wondering what I was looking at. Just smiled and said nothing, went on about my day. Does that mean all of Oakland is racist? All blacks view me as a cracker? I guess it does if I'm to adhere to your line of thinking. Simple fact is that's a very narrow minded way of seeing things.

Got it but these same "politically conscious" black athlete have zero problem with a white women being decked. Yep no racism in that stance there.

We don't know if the players did or did not. Whatever their stance was there is no racism. Racism is institutionalized. They didn't have the power to (arrest, enroll, sentence, re-instate, revoke, and/or offer scholarship)

Hey at the end of the day the Police Department, Courts, NCAA, University, and Bob Stoops supported this young man staying in school. They also supported him playing football. The issue is not with the players. It's with the powers that be. Take your issue up with the institutions.

Take your issue up with Stoops, Oklahoma, and the NCAA. None of these powerful figures/institutions are black. Quit throwing race in there; because these institutions care about talent and $$$.

Take your issue up with Stoops, Oklahoma, and the NCAA. None of these powerful figures/institutions are black. Quit throwing race in there; because these institutions care about talent and $$$.

I didn't bring race into this CT4L did. So if we are going to play the race card great, I'm going to call it as I see it. As for knowing how players would act? Your right we don't. But you asserted they would definitely care if a white player decked a black women not me. Now we don't know how they acted towards a black player decking a white women correct. But I haven't heard of him having a issue here have you? And since there has been no issue, and you maintain there would be had races been switched here with white male black female. That my friend is racist like it or not. Can't have it both ways.

Yawn...........And I was at a taco truck on international in Oakland getting lunch one day after picking up supplies from my supplier. And a couple of punks started shit in line. Looked at me called me a cracker while wondering what I was looking at. Just smiled and said nothing, went on about my day. Does that mean all of Oakland is racist? All blacks view me as a cracker? I guess it does if I'm to adhere to your line of thinking. Simple fact is that's a very narrow minded way of seeing things.

You experienced bigotry not racism. There's a huge difference. Racism is a systematic construct.

You experienced bigotry not racism. There's a huge difference. Racism is a systematic construct.

Got it I forgot. Because young black males aren't capable of being racist.(LMFAO) Dude the term "cracker" is a racist term. Now it doesn't bother me in the slightest frankly it's sad that's the best they could do.

I didn't bring race into this CT4L did. So if we are going to play the race card great, I'm going to call it as I see it. As for knowing how players would act? Your right we don't. But you asserted they would definitely care if a white player decked a black women not me. Now we don't know how they acted towards a black player decking a white women correct. But I haven't heard of him having a issue here have you? And since there has been no issue, and you maintain there would be had races been switched here with white male black female. That my friend is racist like it or not. Can't have it both ways.

Racism is an institutionalized construct.

Mixon had no issue because the powers to be cleared him to play football and remain in school. He was supported by all in authority. Mixon being supported by his teammates is miniscule. Its to be expected.
His issues will come through court cases, lawsuits, media, death threats, etc. Women's rights groups may come after him. But in Oklahoma, football is religion.

You are trying to push a narrative of reverse racism or double standard but it doesn't exist. It's a matter of can one deal with the obstacles that he is faced with. Mixon's adversity is Mixon's. A white guy would face a completely different narrative. We dont live in a color blind society. This is America. The question is could he push past the scrutiny and backlash that he would face.

Athletes like Mixon and Winston are brought to these universties to make the institution's rich. Oklahoma got a steal in Mixon. It's not often that top tier west coast running backs attend Oklahoma. Florida State got a championship out of Winston. These guys are cash crops... Most of the players at these institutions share that in common. They realize that they are cash crops.

After further review, Joe fukc'd up! I can't defend what he did in this video. Had he gave her an open handed slap maybe I would see things a little different. The closed fist Larry Holmes right hook to the face was too much for me. Not knowing what the girl said to him after she pushed him would be very helpful as well. If she didn't drop the "N" bomb Stoops should have cut him on spot in my opinion. Words matter and have consequences which can provoke someone. Also, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me except for the "N" bomb in a heated situation. Just being honest. Don't call me the "N" word and we cool. Call me the "N" word and we fighting. Period. There's no place for anyone calling a black person the "N" word. Hopefully Mixon makes it to the league and she gets a fat check for his immaturity.

CT4L

CT4L

Wait you didn't KO her? You said if someone called you that you were fighting.....maybe the fact that she was a woman changed you mind...

Reactions: Indianpride45
You are trying to push a narrative of reverse racism or double standard but it doesn't exist.

I'm not pushing anything. As noted CT4L pushed the racism angle to the forefront. To which I stated numerous times had no place here. He persisted, so ok fine want to play that game I'll play. Now you don't like it because the hypocrisy is clear.

I'm not pushing anything. As noted CT4L pushed the racism angle to the forefront. To which I stated numerous times had no place here. He persisted, so ok fine want to play that game I'll play. Now you don't like it because the hypocrisy is clear.
You're pushing this. You want people to believe Joe was the only one at fault and the blonde girl had no responsibility at all. That's the furthest thing from the truth. And don't start squealing like a girl saying I was the one who brought up race. Joe said the girl called him a racial slur when this altercation happened. I repeated it because it was a part of his statement to what had happened along with the girl assaulting him. I also repeated it here because you don't believe his side of the story. It's obvious you have alternative motives or biases when it comes to a black youth claiming racism for his defense. That's too bad you view things that way because I remember when blacks (1960's) would walk down the street and be called the "N" word with the "er" for no particular reason other than their skin tone. So maybe if you walked in the shoes of those that were called racial slurs you would be a little more sensitive to those that have. But I doubt it because you don't seemed to be wired to understand that or better yet care about that.

CT4L

It doesn't bother me one bit. We live in two different worlds and I'm OK with that. I expect you to think the way that you do. We do not live in a color blind society. Your worldview is specific to your experiences. As is mines. You have made a ton of racialized generalizations on this thread.

Race does have a place on this thread. Joe Mixon accused Amelia Molitor of hurling racial epithets at him. A white woman assaulted a black man and the black man assaulted her in return. This took place in the South. In the state of Oklahoma. Home of the Tulsa Race Riot. A state (region) that has seen many conflicts between black male athletes and white females.

In America Race Matters. Racism is woven into the fabric of American History. A man with the name Indian Pride should know that better than most.

Wait you didn't KO her? You said if someone called you that you were fighting.....maybe the fact that she was a woman changed you mind...
No, what changed my mind is I'm older and maturer. But she put herself and anyone with her in a bad position saying what she said. Joe is a young man and probably had'n experience something like this in California.

And since you want to play on words let me tell you something. Had I been Joe at 17-18 years old and the girl did to me what she did to Joe things would have ended totally different. I would have been in jail and knowing me I would've said screw football if she spit on me. The girl allegedly spit on Joe, pushed Joe, slapped Joe and called Joe the "N" word. If all of this is true, she brought her pain on herself. Hopefully she's learned a valuable lesson as so did Joe.

CT4L

If those same men robbed you, I'm sure the smile would have been removed from your face. Because power would have been given to the words. If a black police officer called you a bunch of derogatory names and held you at gun point, then you would probably lose the smile. His words would then have authority.

Bottom line is Joe overreacted. However the girl clearly contributed to this altercation, and she holds a lot of responsibility for what happened that night. Regardless of whether she used the "N" word or not. I mean when has it become acceptable to commit battery just because you are a women. To those of you who have daughters, do you raise them to think it is okay to go around laying hands on strangers?

People on here come from different backgrounds, have different experiences, were raised differently, or came into your own life views as you got older. Personally as a white man I was taught by my white father and mother to never put your hands on anyone first. I was also taught that once someone puts there hands on you, I have permission to retaliate. Now as I grew older I was able to distinguish between situations that warranted throwing fist or walking away. Which led me to avoiding situations like this.

Apparently some of you were raised to allow women to hit you and the only two things you can do are take it and walk away. If that is the case good for you, but that is not how everyone is brought up, and just because you were brought up that way doesn't make it right.

Also please, let's stop with the women beating stuff. There is clearly a difference between a young man who decked someone after he was physically battered, and a person who goes home at night and lays his hands on his wife/girlfriend because they didn't cook the right meal or clean the toilet correctly. This incident does not make Joe a chronic women beater and to make that comparison is close minded.

And since you want to play on words let me tell you something. Had I been Joe at 17-18 years old and the girl did to me what she did to Joe things would have ended totally different. I would have been in jail and knowing me I would've said screw football if she spit on me. The girl allegedly spit on Joe, pushed Joe, slapped Joe and called Joe the "N" word. If all of this is true, she brought her pain on herself. Hopefully she's learned a valuable lesson as so did Joe.

CT4L[/QUOTE]

This happened before school started, right?! I think Joe had only been in Oklahoma for a few weeks.

CT4L

This happened before school started, right?! I think Joe had only been in Oklahoma for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]Yeah from all reports it happened right before the season started. He missed the first game of the season. I just found out the girl said she never knew who Joe was prior to the altercation. So if you don't know him it makes more sense to use a racial slur if you're intoxicated and pissed off at him. Hmmm.

CT4L

And those punks have been looked down upon by a certain class of citizens in this country. They've been left behind and that has them feeling a certain way about certain people. Maybe they don't start sh*t if someone outside of their communities gave a flying fvck about them. Maybe if you would have told them you understand the struggle and I'm with you. Or offer to pay for one of their meals. Maybe it takes you to be a bigger person to make a change in those punks life. I know a whole bunch of black folks and not one, I mean not one of them would say that to you in public unless you did something to piss them off. They're not saying that for the hell of it. Especially if they're not going to do anything to you. I wasn't there but if I were and seen that they were messing with you for no reason whatsoever I would have buddied up with you to show them that you cool with black folks.

CT4L

You're pushing this. You want people to believe Joe was the only one at fault and the blonde girl had no responsibility at all. That's the furthest thing from the truth. And don't start squealing like a girl saying I was the one who brought up race. Joe said the girl called him a racial slur when this altercation happened. I repeated it because it was a part of his statement to what had happened along with the girl assaulting him. I also repeated it here because you don't believe his side of the story. It's obvious you have alternative motives or biases when it comes to a black youth claiming racism for his defense. That's too bad you view things that way because I remember when blacks (1960's) would walk down the street and be called the "N" word with the "er" for no particular reason other than their skin tone. So maybe if you walked in the shoes of those that were called racial slurs you would be a little more sensitive to those that have. But I doubt it because you don't seemed to be wired to understand that or better yet care about that.

Look there is nothing to back up Joe's claim other than Joe. It's why I don't take it as the word of god. Just like I don't use the women's statement that she rebuffed his advances outside and called her friend a homophobic slur inside. Because it's her statement and no evidence this happened. I base my opinion on the facts in the video. It's why I won't listen to the racist crap. Pretty simple.

And those punks have been looked down upon by a certain class of citizens in this country. They've been left behind and that has them feeling a certain way about certain people. Maybe they don't start sh*t if someone outside of their communities gave a flying fvck about them. Maybe if you would have told them you understand the struggle and I'm with you. Or offer to pay for one of their meals. Maybe it takes you to be a bigger person to make a change in those punks life. I know a whole bunch of black folks and not one, I mean not one of them would say that to you in public unless you did something to piss them off. They're not saying that for the hell of it. Especially if they're not going to do anything to you. I wasn't there but if I were and seen that they were messing with you for no reason whatsoever I would have buddied up with you to show them that you cool with black folks.

And I know plenty of white people who never dream of saying that to you as well. In fact I was very clear when I said I find it offensive with an "A" or a "er" and never use the word myself.

If those same men robbed you, I'm sure the smile would have been removed from your face. Because power would have been given to the words. If a black police officer called you a bunch of derogatory names and held you at gun point, then you would probably lose the smile. His words would then have authority.

They were kids not men. And a smile is now a sign of disrespect to you? You have deep rooted issues if that's the case. Because it's more friendly gesture as in saying it all good. And words never have authority unless you allow them to.

Last edited:
If I may say... both arguments here are substantiated 1000%.

I hope all can see that. Problem with the American society now is we aren't hearing both arguments much these days.

That being said, I have seen Mixon act like an entitled ass on multiple occasions (not this bad of course) and I am not surprised to see him be this extreme.

At the end of the day I still believe the incident and video merely window dressing for the real issue of OU spending who knows amounts of money to keep this video from coming out.

Mixon would have been better served being kicked out of OU immediately after the video became available to Stoops and OU, going to a JC, catching on at another D1 and proving that way that he has redeemed himself and has learned from past experiences. Similar to Cam Newton's career path. OU has done an extraordinary amount of harm to Mixon and should face the utmost scrutiny and penalties as possible.

Unfortunately they won't and Mixon will continue to pay for this incident that he should've reconciled two years ago.

Well I for one am glad that the higher ups at OU were logical enough to look at the situation objectivity, and realize that Joe's plea deal, and a year off of the team would be enough punishment for the young man. No need to kick someone out, deny them a chance at a future, over an event that was primarily the result of that women's actions.

It would have been a shame if OU went with the narrative that somehow this women is a victim. You do not get to put your hands on someone first and then claim to be the victim. The moment the young women touched Joe she became the attacker. At that point you need to be planning for the worst. In her case she didn't.

Well I for one am glad that the higher ups at OU were logical enough to look at the situation objectivity, and realize that Joe's plea deal, and a year off of the team would be enough punishment for the young man. No need to kick someone out, deny them a chance at a future, over an event that was primarily the result of that women's actions.

It would have been a shame if OU went with the narrative that somehow this women is a victim. You do not get to put your hands on someone first and then claim to be the victim. The moment the young women touched Joe she became the attacker. At that point you need to be planning for the worst. In her case she didn't.
Sounds similar to a "stand your ground" situation. And yes, Oklahoma has the terrible "stand your ground" law.

A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby a defendant can "stand their ground" and use otherwise unlawful force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death. One case describes "the 'stand your ground' law... a person has a right to expect absolute safety in a place they have a right to be, and may use deadly force to repel an unlawful intruder."

CT4L

Last edited:
No, what changed my mind is I'm older and maturer. But she put herself and anyone with her in a bad position saying what she said. Joe is a young man and probably had'n experience something like this in California.

CT4L

Not really a play on words it's just what you said you would do lol. You made the right decision Mixon did not. The only person that has said she spit and called him the n word is him. There were a lot of people around that haven't supported his claim. Now that doesn't mean it didn't happen but you would think of it did someone would back his claim. Especially since there were several black kids around. I'm not defending either one because they both seem like idiots to me. The thing that is being ignored that appears to start the physical altercation is Mixon calling the friend a homophobic slur. According to you its ok for Mixon to defend himself due to the racial slur so wouldn't you think it's ok for the girl to defend her friend for Mixon calling the young man a homophobic slur? The guy obviously felt threatened by Mixon as he steps away and turns his back to him. Once again I'm not defending either one of them but just think it's weak to try and defend someone that put his hands on a woman. I get you are putting some blame on Mixon but then you are also trying to justify his actions. Mixon screwed up and there are no ands, ifs, or buts about it. Only his actions are what can ultimately ruin his life.

Not really a play on words it's just what you said you would do lol. You made the right decision Mixon did not. The only person that has said she spit and called him the n word is him. There were a lot of people around that haven't supported his claim. Now that doesn't mean it didn't happen but you would think of it did someone would back his claim. Especially since there were several black kids around. I'm not defending either one because they both seem like idiots to me. The thing that is being ignored that appears to start the physical altercation is Mixon calling the friend a homophobic slur. According to you its ok for Mixon to defend himself due to the racial slur so wouldn't you think it's ok for the girl to defend her friend for Mixon calling the young man a homophobic slur? The guy obviously felt threatened by Mixon as he steps away and turns his back to him. Once again I'm not defending either one of them but just think it's weak to try and defend someone that put his hands on a woman. I get you are putting some blame on Mixon but then you are also trying to justify his actions. Mixon screwed up and there are no ands, ifs, or buts about it. Only his actions are what can ultimately ruin his life.
It all goes back to the young lady shouldn't have put her hands on Joe. That opened up the self defense, assault charges and possibly "stand your ground" law. Had she just cursed him without touching him she would be money. And yes, she has a right to protect her friend but how smart was it for her to push and hit Joe and think it was okay. I would have rather see the friend stand up to Joe and the girl call the police. She open the door for Joe to hit her when she hit Joe first. That's why I say she has to take some responsibility as well. If she was my daughter I would ask her why in the hell did you hit him first. That was dumber than dumb. Just being honest.

CT4L

It all goes back to the young lady shouldn't have put her hands on Joe. That opened up the self defense, assault charges and possibly "stand your ground" law. Had she just cursed him without touching him she would be money. And yes, she has a right to protect her friend but how smart was it for her to push and hit Joe and think it was okay. I would have rather see the friend stand up to Joe and the girl call the police. She open the door for Joe to hit her when she hit Joe first. That's why I say she has to take some responsibility as well. If she was my daughter I would ask her why in the hell did you hit him first for. That was dumber than dumb. Just being honest.

CT4L

The stand your ground law would only work if Mixon was actually at risk for serious bodily harm or death. Based on the push and the slaps Mixon was in no serious harm. There is a reason he took a plea deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT