ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my son first had a note sent home saying he hit someone in preschool, I started to teach him about touching others. Since then I have always made it a point that he needs to keep his hands to himself. I think that is one of the first lessons you teach a young child as a parent correct. Well this young women didn't learn that lesson. Her parents failed her and she touched the wrong person, plain and simple.

I am with Cali if this was my daughter yeah I would be pissed that she was seriously injured, I would do what ever it takes to help her recover, but I would not be making her out to be a victim. What do you expect to happen when you slap someone in the face? Did she expect a hug back?

Reactions: Soultaker80
Father of the year....
Exactly. Because my daughter would know better and be wise enough not to hit a young man. A good father teaches their sons and daughters not to hit people for someone else. A good father makes sure their daughter isn't out late at night intoxicated. A good father wouldn't have a daughter with a long police history. So yes, I would be the "Father of the year" based on the actions of this father's daughter. I would have saved my daughter a punch to the face. And last but not least, my daughter would have been studying or with her girlfriends instead of chasing the Oklahoma football players.

CT4L

I am with Cali if this was my daughter yeah I would be pissed that she was seriously injured, I would do what ever it takes to help her recover, but I would not be making her out to be a victim. What do you expect to happen when you slap someone in the face? Did she expect a hug back?

Women are emotional creatures, at times they can be nuttier the squirrels shit. That said as a man you need to understand this and walk away. Her push barely registered on Mixon and the slap was just as pathetic. In other words his well being wasn't threatened here period. Therefore use of could have been deadly force wasn't justified. That doesn't mean the women is free of guilt or blame.

I am sorry but you don't get to put your hands on someone and decide what type of outcome you get. I don't care how emotional you are. Like I have said when you put your hands on someone expect the worst. You don't know how the person that you are choosing to hit was raised.

Ideally Joe never goes inside. Ideally he walks away from the first push. After that though the young women gets whatever is coming to her. Would I have liked for him to walk away after that slap? Yes. Would I have rather him pushed her away from him instead of decking her? Yes. Am I ready to lock Joe up, label him a women beater, and a menace to society because of his reaction? No. The women made a mistake laying her hands on Joe, and Joe overreacted but he has since served his punishment. To me the punishment was far.

Well I for one am glad that the higher ups at OU were logical enough to look at the situation objectivity, and realize that Joe's plea deal, and a year off of the team would be enough punishment for the young man. No need to kick someone out, deny them a chance at a future, over an event that was primarily the result of that women's actions.

It would have been a shame if OU went with the narrative that somehow this women is a victim. You do not get to put your hands on someone first and then claim to be the victim. The moment the young women touched Joe she became the attacker. At that point you need to be planning for the worst. In her case she didn't.
That's the thing, he would not have been denied a chance at a future, he would have been denied a future at OU, which probably would have been better for him.

It'll be interesting to see how much pub this gets as we get closer to their bowl game.

You can see where the boy with the girl is saying something about Mixon and as soon as he says what he said he moves away from Mixon. Hmmm. I wonder what he said as he was pointing his thumb toward Mixon? Whatever he said, Mixon responded verbally not physically and the girl physically took things into her own hands by putting hands on Mixon. Nothing physically was going to happen until the girl starting assaulting Mixon. That's facts. What father teaches their daughter to attack boys in the way this girl attacked Mixon? That's the question that needs to be answered. We know Mixon shouldn't have hit the girl that hard but who teaches their daughter to assault a man.

CT4L

We know Mixon shouldn't have hit the girl that hard but who teaches their daughter to assault a man.

CT4L[/QUOTE]

Who teaches their son to crush a tiny woman's face?

Who teaches their son to crush a tiny woman's face?
I agree, but you seem to have a very difficult time understanding that had the girl not assaulted Mixon this altercation wouldn't have never happened. You want to give the girl a pass for starting the altercation and put all the blame on Mixon. I don't see it that way.

*Now I'm going to say what most people are scared to say. And what I say here is what I've seen said before in situations like this. Had that girl been black those of you that disagree with Mixon's action would instead be saying why did she push him? And why did she hit him in the face? She provoked Mixon and he has a right to defend himself. She's nothing but some drunk ghetto chick looking for a payday from Mixon. That's why black athletes marry white women. These folks would be asking questions about the black girl background, character, parents and so on and so on. They would try to find anything to discredit this girls story. Seen it before on more than one occasion. You can say I'm a racist for bringing up the facts on how society devalues the black woman but you cannot say I'm not a truth teller.

CT4L

You can see where the boy with the girl is saying something about Mixon and as soon as he says what he said he moves away from Mixon. Hmmm. I wonder what he said as he was pointing his thumb toward Mixon? Whatever he said, Mixon responded verbally not physically and the girl physically took things into her own hands by putting hands on Mixon. Nothing physically was going to happen until the girl starting assaulting Mixon. That's facts. What father teaches their daughter to attack boys in the way this girl attacked Mixon? That's the question that needs to be answered. We know Mixon shouldn't have hit the girl that hard but who teaches their daughter to assault a man.

CT4L

The facts are they both assaulted each other. Mixon chose to punch her in the face. I don't care what words were said it doesn't justify either one of their actions. They are both at fault for the ending result. I don't care how the physical aspect got started. Both of their actions led to it. Like I said before to try and justify a man decking a woman is weak. If you are going to argue that she deserved it then Mixon deserves whatever happens to him in the future due to his actions because he chose to react the way he did. ya it's sad a promising NorCal athlete might lose it all because of a terrible decision but once again he chose that path by punching her in the face. Nobody has put all the blame on Mixon like you claim. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Last edited:
I agree, but you seem to have a very difficult time understanding that had the girl not assaulted Mixon this altercation wouldn't have never happened. You want to give the girl a pass for starting the altercation and put all the blame on Mixon. I don't see it that way.

*Now I'm going to say what most people are scared to say. And what I say here is what I've seen said before in situations like this. Had that girl been black those of you that disagree with Mixon's action would instead be saying why did she push him? And why did she hit him in the face? She provoked Mixon and he has a right to defend himself. She's nothing but some drunk ghetto chick looking for a payday from Mixon. That's why black athletes marry white women. These folks would be asking questions about the black girl background, character, parents and so on and so on. They would try to find anything to discredit this girls story. Seen it before on more than one occasion. You can say I'm a racist for bringing up the facts on how society devalues the black woman but you cannot say I'm not a truth teller.

CT4L
For further discussion. What if Mixon was white and had knocked out a drunk black girl? The reverse racists would be out in full force promoting this video like it was the next savior. Sad but true. You have to look at it from every angle. Still doesn't change the fact that Mixon deserves to be sitting with Ray Rice on Sundays forever.

CT4L

Hahahahahaha here we go with the race card again

You can say I'm a racist....

CT4L[/QUOTE]

Don't have to. You've done a fine job of saying it all by yourself.

Don't have to. You've done a fine job of saying it all by yourself.
So would a racist black man give a few of his hard earned dollars to a homeless white man after buying his lottery tickets at the local liquor store/Community Mart? If so, then I'm a proud racist.

CT4L

So now we are finding out the girl didn't spit on him didn't use a racial slur and reacted to a homophobic slur used by Mixon. And his defense is the gay dude dropped a N bomb about him to which he responded with the homophobic slur. I'm having a hard time buying a gay dude dropped the N word toward Mixon. 1. Because Mixon isn't some Twurp that fruity pebbles is going to push around. 2. They were with another African American who was sitting at table with them before and after Mixon showed and left. Hard to think he talks that way with a friend or associate who is black sitting right there.

Reactions: Paloma
"The gay dude ... he called me something," Mixon said in the video. "He was like, 'n-----.' So then I was like, 'you got me messed up.' And then I called him a f-g. And after that, the girl, she dropped her purse, that's when she came in my face, pushed me, and then my glasses came off, and then, like, I had, like, jumped at her, like, to watch out. And then she came in my face. I put my head down. And she swung on me.

We should have been outraged before the Joe Mixon tape
On Friday night, when a tape of Joe Mixon punching a woman became public, the outcry was immediate. But the question is: Where was that disgust when the assault first happened?

"And after that, like, I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard. It felt like a dude hit me. And after that, like, my face went boom, my reaction was just right there."

If he thinks that's hard I'd like to challenge him to a UFC style fight and I can show him what hard is. He's full of crap as is the University of Oklahoma, Stoops, the president and the boosters. At no point do I absolve the girl. She's just as bad.

Joe Mixion is another Lawerence Phillips or Johnny Manziel.

His upbringing has come back to haunt him and potentially destroy his career before it starts.

His punishment was stiff. (Rolls eyes) He basically got a red shirt year to get bigger faster stronger all under the banner of punishment.

It'll be interesting to see how much pub this gets as we get closer to their bowl game.

My assumption is he and his reps want the pub now and out of the way. I think he is going to declare for the draft this year. It's why they allowed the video to be released now so hopefully it doesnt impact his draft stock to much.

Last edited:
Boren and Stoops are taking a ton of heat since it is believed they saw the video before they granted the redshirt year for punishment.

Stoops has been quiet, probably hoping this passes. It won't. He's going to get peppered by the media at the Sugar Bowl (and rightfully so).

Even in football crazy Oklahoma people are pissed. More importantly it's not just the Walmart fans that didn't even attend OU, it's the actual Alumni. The lifeblood of any university's football program. Stoops better hope for a boat race of the War Eagles and that stilll might not be enough.

If Stoops saw this video prior to it release then he needs to be fired. If the AD, President, heck head janitor saw the video they need to be fired as well. While Mixon needs to be held accountable for his actions so do the people who have enabled this. Mixon will probably pay a financial price so should his enablers.

For further discussion. What if Mixon was white and had knocked out a drunk black girl? The reverse racists would be out in full force promoting this video like it was the next savior. Sad but true. You have to look at it from every angle. Still doesn't change the fact that Mixon deserves to be sitting with Ray Rice on Sundays forever.
To be honest, if she called him a racial slur, spit on him, pushed him and then slapped him and he hit her I'd be like she brought that on herself. It is what it is. That's a learning lesson for her. A hard one, but one she obviously needed. Now if she sues him that's what he gets but I would't be crying like a baby saying he should be banned from playing football. That I won't be doing.

CT4L

Last edited:
To be honest, if she called him a racial slur, spit on him, pushed him and then slapped him and he hit her I'd be like she brought that on herself. It is what it is. That's a learning lesson for her. A hard one, but one she obviously needed. Now if she sues him that's what he gets but I would't be crying like a baby saying he should be banned from playing football. That I want be doing.

CT4L
Ray Rice got black balled for life for essentially the same thing. What's the difference?

To be honest, if she called him a racial slur, spit on him, pushed him and then slapped him and he hit her I'd be like she brought that on herself. It is what it is. That's a learning lesson for her. A hard one, but one she obviously needed. Now if she sues him that's what he gets but I would't be crying like a baby saying he should be banned from playing football. That I want be doing.

Problem is according to Joe she didn't call him a name or spit on him. She did however push and slap him in defense of her friend. And I don't think anybody has called for a ban on him playing football. Most just wouldn't want him on their team so in essence he won't play.

Ray Rice got black balled for life for essentially the same thing. What's the difference?
Not really the same thing. Rice situation was domestic violence while Mixon situation is considered self defense. Molitor and Mixon were strangers so that plays a big difference in the scheme of things. Once again, Mixon was wrong to hit her as hard as he did. Left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth. But once again, Mixon has completed the punishment that was given to him. Now that the video is out everyone wants to re-try him. Not fair in my book. It's time for the girl to sue Mixon and move on with her life. If I were Mixon I might think about becoming a regular citizen to avoid paying her a lot of money if anything at all.

CT4L

Not really the same thing. Rice situation was domestic violence while Mixon situation is considered self defense. Molitor and Mixon were strangers so that plays a big difference in the scheme of things. Once again, Mixon was wrong to hit her as hard as he did. Left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth. But once again, Mixon has completed the punishment that was given to him. Now that the video is out everyone wants to re-try him. Not fair in my book. It's time for the girl to sue Mixon and move on with her life. If I were Mixon I might think about becoming a regular citizen to avoid paying her a lot of money if anything at all.

CT4L

He's in the court of public opinion now, and EVERYONE gets to be the judge.

CT4L
^^^^this. So he wasn't wrong for punching her just punching her as hard as he did lol. oh and once again it would only be considered self defense if there was serious threat of bodily harm or death. No jury or judge would agree that he was in actual danger of being hurt based on the video. That's exactly why he accepted a plea deal.

No offense but the D.A welcomed this plea deal just as much as Joe did. You think they wanted the headache of dealing with this. Joe did them as much a favor as they did him.

You think the D.A wants to press charges on Joe and then have to explain why they are not pressing charges on the women as well. According to the law a battery is the intentional use of force against another person, which causes harm or offense to the victim. Striking a person with a fist and spitting on another both are acts that constitute battery. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §642.). This law applies to both women and men, because like the lawyer said law is blind. Any competent defense lawyer would have a field day with this case. This case would have been a disaster for the D.A to take to trial, no matter the outcome of the trial they would have been losers, and they didn't want to risk that. The D.A just as much as Joe wanted this to go away as quick as possible.

We should have been outraged before the Joe Mixon tape
On Friday night, when a tape of Joe Mixon punching a woman became public, the outcry was immediate. But the question is: Where was that disgust when the assault first happened?.

I remember a lot of outrage and discussion on here after this first came to light 2 years ago. The new release of the tape only brought this back to the surface.

No question the woman shouldn't have slapped him, said any derogatory words to him or otherwise egged him on. She definitely is not blameless in this matter, but that doesn't mean a man should break her jaw with a right hook either.

Mixon instigated the confrontation inside. If he doesn't follow the lady inside and walk up to her and her friends talking trash, this doesn't happen.

Mixon instigated the confrontation inside. If he doesn't follow the lady inside and walk up to her and her friends talking trash, this doesn't happen.
What you just said you can say or use this logic against the lady in this case. Had she not pushed Joe or slapped him he would have left the joint without incident. Talk is cheap in which she should have ignored Joe when he was about to leave. Instead she assaults him by pushing him. And then had the nerves to slap him. Bad move on her part. Both are at fault no way around this.

CT4L

What you just said you can say or use this logic against the lady in this case. Had she not pushed Joe or slapped him he would have left the joint without incident. Talk is cheap in which she should have ignored Joe when he was about to leave. Instead she assaults him by pushing him. And then had the nerves to slap him. Bad move on her part. Both are at fault no way around this.

Reality Mixon in fact instigated this issue. If altercation originated outside and girl and friends left and went inside, Joe followed. Joe had no reason to follow if in fact altercation had happened and started outside unless he was looking for something. (What altercation was and why he went inside speculation but I highly doubt it was racial) He clearly wasn't there to order, didn't attempt to order walked straight towards table when waved at. What happened from here we have video evidences. And yes while the girl absolutely shares fault here, that in no way minimizes Joe's guilt. There is nothing that can be said that can sugar coat the fact he broke that women's face, period.

Reality Mixon in fact instigated this issue. If altercation originated outside and girl and friends left and went inside, Joe followed. Joe had no reason to follow if in fact altercation had happened and started outside unless he was looking for something. (What altercation was and why he went inside speculation but I highly doubt it was racial) He clearly wasn't there to order, didn't attempt to order walked straight towards table when waved at. What happened from here we have video evidences. And yes while the girl absolutely shares fault here, that in no way minimizes Joe's guilt. There is nothing that can be said that can sugar coat the fact he broke that women's face, period.
Redundant.

CT4L

Needs to be for those trying to minimize his involvement with the she attacked him crap......
She did attack him. You're trying to pretend she didn't. She attacked and he defended himself. It was her fault for attacking a total stranger and his fault for retaliating. At the end of the day she's just as much responsible if not more for the altercation as his is. She's a dummy and so is Mixon.

CT4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT