ADVERTISEMENT

Let The Transfer Games Begin

Intention is irrelevant because boundaries exist and it does absolutely provide athletic equity and whether it’s original sole intent was or not doesn’t matter, boundaries serve that purpose as well , that’s a fact.

It only breaks down when you bring in kids from other states and area codes because you talk outside both sides of your mouth about athletics being a vehicle for developing character in young people and your real motive “winning” , which is what this is all about. The abuse by coaches and programs and some parents and the acceptance of it by those who want to see professional high school football because they want to be entertained and then they hide behind intellectually lazy constitutional platitudes of freedom when they know the transfer game is being abused for greed, pure and simple.

There are plenty of historical exemples of selfish social behavior that has been rationalized by some to the detriment of others.
The people who complain are showing selfish social behavior because they are only complaining because they themselves want to win[/QUOTE]

That is BS. Your absolutism view is a lame and lazy argument used only by the Super team proponents. You’ve lost all credibility.

Open borders. Fair and equitable right? Since they are competing against each other? I don't need a tirade. Just a simply agreement or disagreement.

So where do we place charters and the public’s that have open boundaries do they then have to play in private leagues?

The people who complain are showing selfish social behavior because they are only complaining because they themselves want to win

That is BS. Your absolutism view is a lame and lazy argument used only by the Super team proponents. You’ve lost all credibility.[/QUOTE]
No,it’s truth.Thats why it elicits such malicious responses

That is BS. Your absolutism view is a lame and lazy argument used only by the Super team proponents. You’ve lost all credibility.
No,it’s truth.Thats why it elicits such malicious responses[/QUOTE]Agree with your response. "You’ve lost all credibility" is absolutism at its finest. You are at least partially credible!

Good discussion on both sides in regards to transfers. Im in favor of freedom of choice, no boundaries, go to school where ever you like for whatever reason. Not to complicate things but thats just me even tho i understand and respect the opinions of those who oppose it. Valid points on both sides. What i find enticing tho to these student athletes now a days are the schedules some of these schools play. Mater dei putting img and bishop gorman on their schedule is a major draw. Sjb playing a dc, ohio, and a florida team. De la salle playing bishop gorman, texas, dc, and a utah team over the years. Hell folsom putting dls on the schedule or st marys playing mater dei. These teams dont have to recruit when they put out a line up like this. Plus some of these games are on national tv, another big time draw. These kids are traveling like college teams and thats the bait being used. Jserra catholic this year will be playing a top team from new jersey, georgia, and utah. Bishop gorman and dls have perfected this strategy in my eyes followed by sjb who wasnt very good until they started to schedule oos games. Sadly, Norcal doesnt have to worry about this because the only coach that follows that script is coach taylor and what he did at del oro and now at capital christain. Scheduling oos and so cal powers to toughen up his team for the league and the playoffs, could be true but it surely helped bring in some good talent. In my opinion Some of these bay area schools are recognizing the formula as well and are now scheduling the same. High school football is ever changing and teams wanting to compete need to evolve. Its not about right or wrong or my opinion. My eyes are open and this is what i see. From hs football to the nfl, college football to the numerous development leagues, football is changing and our youth are embracing it with open arms while some of those that like the "old school way" or "fair way" of doing things are a lil more reluctant. Private vs public league? Idk, maybe. I wouldnt be suprised if several schools leave the cif and create there own league. More money and less red tape, way more money. Thats why the cif is threading lightly right now with such blatant transfer violations happening. Hold students and teams accountable that report there own violations while the ones that are openly doing it and dont report, nothing happens! Idk im just verbally throwing up my thoughts since i havent been on here in a while. im sure ive touched a few nerves even tho it was unintended. Thx for reading if you made it this far.

Well said Sacchiefs. You basically bottom lined it. Everyone has valid points. And none more valuable than mine! Hehehehe!

Countdown to new NCS playoff format release should be down to 24 hours. Have a good day everyone!

I feel you should be able to go to any school you wish...If you pay for it!
If you wish to attend a public school and get a free education then you need to follow the rules....pack up and move....it really is that simple

If you wish to attend a public school and get a free education then you need to follow the rules....pack up and move....it really is that simple
So if I’m wealthy enough to have two residents I’m not breaking any rules correct.

Reactions: Truthhertz
First, if you pay taxes, you pay for school. Including public school education.

Second, ahhhh, nevermind.

Again, good post Sacchiefs

So if I’m wealthy enough to have two residents I’m not breaking any rules correct.
Didn't say that, we all know the Folsom parents maintained two residences in violation of the CIF rules....and were very open about it....

First, if you pay taxes, you pay for school. Including public school education.

Second, ahhhh, nevermind.

Again, good post Sacchiefs
The public system does not offer a voucher system so why go down that road......just follow the rules and you can attend any public school of choice.....see Folsom...

Reactions: Paloma
Didn't say that, we all know the Folsom parents maintained two residences in violation of the CIF rules....and were very open about it....
If it was a violation and they were open about it then something would have been done.No,It obviously isn’t a violation of the rule.If you say the spirit of the rule was broken then I would agree but you don’t get penalized for spirit breaking.Like I’ve said before it’s an antiquated rule that needs to go away

Article 2
C. Valid Change of Residence A student may be determined to be residentially eligible when a student, whose parent(s)/guardian(s)/ caregiver with whom the student was living when the student established residential eligibility at the prior school (School A), completes a valid change of residence as described herein when the following conditions are met. (1) A valid change of residence must be made FROM a residence located in the public high school attendance area, (School A’s attendance area) even if the student is not currently attending nor ever has attended the school in which attendance area they reside, TO another public high school’s attendance area. (School B’s attendance area). (2) School A may be a CIF member school or a non-CIF member school or may be a school located outside of the United States. (3) Definition of a Valid Change of Residence A valid residence is defined as the location where the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s)/caregiver (with whom eligibility has been established) live with that student and thereby have the use and enjoyment of that location as a residence. A valid change of residence for eligibility purposes requires the former residence to have been vacated by the entire family for use as its residence. For athletic eligibility purposes, a student (with the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s)/caregiver with whom residential eligibility has been established) may only have one primary valid residence at one time. (4) Determination of What Constitutes a Valid Change of Residence Determination of what constitutes a valid change of residence depends upon the facts in each case. In determining that a valid change of residence occurred, the following facts must exist: a. The original residence must be abandoned as a residence by the immediate family. The new school is responsible for validating this fact; AND b. The student’s entire immediate family must make the change of primary residence and take with them the household goods and furniture appropriate to the circumstances. For eligibility purposes, a family unit may not maintain more than one primary residence; AND c. The change of primary residence must be genuine, without fraud or deceit and with permanent intent; AND NOTE: A student whose family makes a valid change of residence into a new school’s attendance area (See d. below) may be residentially eligible for varsity competition upon receipt and recording of a CIF Form (please use respective CIF Section Form) by the CIF Section of the student’s new school. A subsequent move into a different school boundary by the family (or other family members) during the next 12 calendar months will result in the student being declared ineligible until cleared for competition by the Section Commissioner.

You tell me what you read out of the CIF rules....I don't see any "spirit of the rule"

A valid change of residence for eligibility purposes requires the former residence to have been vacated by the entire family for use as its residence

the following facts must exist: a. The original residence must be abandoned as a residence by the immediate family

For eligibility purposes, a family unit may not maintain more than one primary residence
All the first two quotes do is make me ask for how long and if you or anybody else says permanently then you’re infringing on my rights and when I sue you will lose which happened on a regular basis in SoCal and is the main reason things now stand as they are.
Again this rule tells people what they can and cannot have as citizens.As I have said they are antiquated and never hold up in court so why are they even there?
You said that they were open about it so why no retribution? Why hasn’t anyone at Folsom been penalized or the school? The Sections themselves know it can’t be enforced so why is it there? It’s the same as Roger Blake writing his opinion editorial but is neutered to do anything about it

Article 2
C. Valid Change of Residence ...AND c. The change of primary residence must be genuine, without fraud or deceit and with permanent intent”

You tell me what you read out of the CIF rules....I don't see any "spirit of the rule"

“Genuine, fraud and deceit.” Words that any decent JD can infer are “spirit of the rule.” No one says you can’t own two residences; that’s quite a stretch from a CIF guideline to reality. People CHOOSE to be disingenuous, commit fraud and lie, at times with no consequences. A nation of laws and double standards are a collision course fraught with risk. Roll the dice (and pay the retainer. LOL)

So where do we place charters and the public’s that have open boundaries do they then have to play in private leagues?
I never said as such. I don't care about leagues specifically. As long as the rules are the same across the board and apply to everyone, I am good with it.

Would you agree? Or do you prefer some schools playing under different rules competing against each other?

Seen the kid play since pop warner days. He will be a 4 school, in 4 years player. He made an announcement via social media that he was going to be a Pitt Pirate, Piedmont Highlander, and Encinal Jet over the summer. Sad, seems like a great kid. Must not be getting good advice from his handler aka daddy.

Sac Bee reporting that Daniyel Ngata staying put at Folsom for his senior year.

Ray Ngata, father of Daniyel, confirmed to The Bee his son will finish at Folsom, saying, “Daniyel and the other (soon-to-be) seniors are expected to step up to that leadership position and help Folsom not only go through this coaching transition but also to keep their eye on new titles.”

Sac Bee reporting that Daniyel Ngata staying put at Folsom for his senior year.”
Whew! Now we can move on with our lives. Also heard of a 17 year old band member with a 4.0 is staying put for his senior year, wonder if the Bee will report on him?!

How is bribery related to having two houses in different school zones ? LOL
It’s a “follow the money” story. And eerily similar to this thread about parental behaviors promoting and manipulating others to advance their kid. Not unlike a ton of current events and the SoCal transfer debacle. “Operation Varsity Blues,” by the FBI. Even THEY have a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Whew! Now we can move on with our lives. Also heard of a 17 year old band member with a 4.0 is staying put for his senior year, wonder if the Bee will report on him?!
So what your saying is that Folsom pulled this 4.0 band member from Reno? “Because this one time at band camp......... and it was so funny”

Really who cares?

Reactions: THEOC89
So what your saying is that Folsom pulled this 4.0 band member from Reno? “Because this one time at band camp......... and it was so funny”
Not exactly, more about paying a long-time sports writer to report on where a 17 year old will go to high school.

It’s a “follow the money” story. And eerily similar to this thread about parental behaviors promoting and manipulating others to advance their kid. Not unlike a ton of current events and the SoCal transfer debacle. “Operation Varsity Blues,” by the FBI. Even THEY have a sense of humor.
So now transfers bribe their way to another school? LOL good lord man get a grip

So now transfers bribe their way to another school? LOL good lord man get a grip
Dude, chill. You must have a burr under some saddle of a high horse. If you think $ never enters the equation of HS sports or where kids go, you know about IMG and Findlay Prep. Loosen your grip on my posts, and don’t sweat the small stuff. Lord.

Dude, chill. You must have a burr under some saddle of a high horse. If you think $ never enters the equation of HS sports or where kids go, you know about IMG and Findlay Prep. Loosen your grip on my posts, and don’t sweat the small stuff. Lord.
Yeah those are Academy’s not regular HS so pretty much irrelevant to this transfer discussion

So what you’re saying is schools which are selective for high school students are not “regular high schools.” I see.

Last edited:
So what you’re saying is schools which are selective for high school students are not “regular high schools.” I see.
LOL
No,Sports academy’s are not regular HS
You know, just like schools of performing arts are not regular Hs
You’re just being silly now

And neither are privates which have unlimited boundaries and can exclude/include any applicant for any reason. So we’re left with publics (with boundaries) as your “regular high schools.”

Reactions: observer22
And neither are privates which have unlimited boundaries and can exclude/include any applicant for any reason. So we’re left with publics (with boundaries) as your “regular high schools.”
If regular means getting a free education of our tax dollars then I guess you’re right.I don’t think it’s to much to ask to choose what school my kid goes to since I’m paying for it one way or the other

Reactions: THEOC89
It’s not free education. Publics are funded by a variety of sources, the least of which is property taxes. But the rest of #238 is incomprehensible.

As far as being silly, I think I need to simplify my posts. @235 it’s a deeper meaning. So here’s the HS version: Of course IMG/Findlay are “academies.” But so is every private! Sheesh....

It’s not free education. Publics are funded by a variety of sources, the least of which is property taxes. But the rest of #238 is incomprehensible.

As far as being silly, I think I need to simplify my posts. @235 it’s a deeper meaning. So here’s the HS version: Of course IMG/Findlay are “academies.” But so is every private! Sheesh....
As usual you are wrong
LAND LINES
Figure 1
Source of U.S. Public Education Revenue by Level of Government, 2013-14
Local governments provided 45 percent of public school funding in 2013–14, and more than 80 percent came from the property tax. The federal government provided less than 9 percent of the total revenue of public schools, and state governments contributed 46 percent.
PROPERTY TAX
36.4%
FEDERAL
8.8%
46.2%
45.0%

You like to portray yourself as knowledgeable but you’re wrong a lot and even worse you’re not man enough to admit it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT