ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Blasquez interview - Cal and De La Salle

Jun 27, 2014
Mike Blasquez is the Director Strength and Conditioning over at Cal. I know him from his days at De La Salle. I travelled to Cal and interviewed him in the Simpson Center for Student-Athlete High Performance, which he helped design. We talked about what he is doing now and also about his memories of building the strength and conditioning program at DLS in the 1990's and early 2000's. Hear stories about Derek Landri and Maurice Drew who went on to successful NFL careers using the techniques first learned in the weight room at 1130 Winton Drive in Concord. Also learn about guys like Chris Hesse, Dave Biller and Andy Briner who were the backbone of the program that allowed DLS to venture into Southern California and defeat bigger opponents like Mater Dei and Long Beach Poly. The interview is a bit long but if you are interested in DLS it is well worth watching. If you have time I would welcome your feedback. Thanks for watching.

Mike Blasquez interview

I am only 8 minutes in Brian. I am at work and will have to finish watching at home. Great work so far. I had to pause on Pat "Purple" Hayes. My frosh religion teacher.

Great video! It would've been nice to hear Mike response on the 1993 Pittsburg-De La Salle game as that was an epic game.

Thanks for watching ricoturbo. Pat "Purple" Hayes is a legend. More people need to know about him. He is on my list of people to interview.

This post was edited on 1/13 11:22 PM by Brian Marchiano

Thanks for the kind words jiggy. I will ask Tom Bruce about the Pittsburg game. He has seen every DLS game, home and away since 1992.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT